One way or another the Pats are 6-3

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

One way or another the Pats are 6-3

I will gladly take the ugly win. I think it is good to win a game in which you play bad on both times of the ball (the offense was not great today - two of the TD drives were 13 and 39 yards). 

However, looking at the season as a whole, the Patriots have played three games where the dominated the other team (Titans, Bills game 1, and Rams). One game that ended closer than it really was (Broncos) and 5 games that one play either way could have changed the outcome (Cardinals, Ravens, Seahawks, Jets and Bills game 2). The could easily be 9-0 or 4-5. 

The good news is that they won the last two "close" games they played after dropping the first three. Do they need to play better (and more importantly more consistently) if they are going back to the Super Bowl? Yes. However, they still have a shot at a bye (even the No. 1 seed if Houston falls to the Bears tonight). 

Not sure why I am optimistic after that game. Basically, once the Bills got the ball I was convinced they would score. I was honestly, hoping they would score quick and give the Pats a time for a shot at game-winning FG, but that wasn't necessary. 

It was ugly, but I will take it...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

Re: One way or another the Pats are 6-3

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I will gladly take the ugly win. I think it is good to win a game in which you play bad on both times of the ball (the offense was not great today - two of the TD drives were 13 and 39 yards). 

However, looking at the season as a whole, the Patriots have played three games where the dominated the other team (Titans, Bills game 1, and Rams). One game that ended closer than it really was (Broncos) and 5 games that one play either way could have changed the outcome (Cardinals, Ravens, Seahawks, Jets and Bills game 2). The could easily be 9-0 or 4-5. 

The good news is that they won the last two "close" games they played after dropping the first three. Do they need to play better (and more importantly more consistently) if they are going back to the Super Bowl? Yes. However, they still have a shot at a bye (even the No. 1 seed if Houston falls to the Bears tonight). 

Not sure why I am optimistic after that game. Basically, once the Bills got the ball I was convinced they would score. I was honestly, hoping they would score quick and give the Pats a time for a shot at game-winning FG, but that wasn't necessary. 

[/QUOTE]

at this moment, this is not a super bowl team.

oh my g-d. we have a long way to go

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

I know they are not playing like a Super Bowl champion right now, but what team is consistently. The Texans have been the most consistent over the whole season. The Packers look like the best team over the past month, but look at last season. The Giants were terrible in November, but the best team in football in January.

This team still has enough talent to be the best team in football.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Every team is some shade of average. There's hope.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every team is some shade of average. There's hope.

[/QUOTE]

Ya, too bad the D is no where near average.  I would revel at average. We would all jump for joy for average.  Gimme some dam average.  PLease!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

now it's time to kick it into a higher gear on both sides of the ball.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

at this moment, this is not a super bowl team.

oh my g-d. we have a long way to go

[/QUOTE]

The Super Bowl is ten games away.  A lot can happen in ten games. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Nobody will remember how they won these games years from now, it will only be recorded as a win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

now it's time to kick it into a higher gear on both sides of the ball.

[/QUOTE]

moreso on the defensive side...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nobody will remember how they won these games years from now, it will only be recorded as a win.

[/QUOTE]

noone will remember if we win the superbowl this year...

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Offense is waaaay above average... C`mon guys !!! offense is great.

Defense in the other hand... :(

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

yep a win is a win and u r what ur record says you are: 6-3

wish my team showed up and was 7-3 but looks like 6-4

thank God it's bye week

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, we should be happy with 6-3 and still in the hunt for the number 2 seed (it is hard to see a scenario where Houston does not hold on to the top seed). This team could as easily be 4-5 as it could be 9-0.