One Week Until Preseason Starts!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: One Week Until Preseason Starts!

In response to stegall85's comment:

We were in PEI two years ago and drove the bridge over to New Brunswick. What I found interesting is that we were told the majority of people who've lived on the island all their lives were in favor of the bridge whereas transplanted people were not.

The lifers liked the convenience of not being reliant on the ferry schedule whereas the transplanted people went there because they wanted to live on an island and so didn't like the direct connection to the mainland.

Beautiful place PEI, lots of nice beaches. 

Haven't been since the '60's. For me the high point of the two day drive from Boston was the ferry. Boat rides are still one of my favorite things. The bridge looks like quite the project. My grand-father (Pa), a lifelong iron worker who passed in '66 always said that a bridge couldn't be built. I bet he would have loved to have seen it.

I remember collecting sand dollars on some of the beaches. I think my sister still has some of them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to antibody's comment:

In response to stegall85's comment:

[QUOTE]

We were in PEI two years ago and drove the bridge over to New Brunswick. What I found interesting is that we were told the majority of people who've lived on the island all their lives were in favor of the bridge whereas transplanted people were not.

The lifers liked the convenience of not being reliant on the ferry schedule whereas the transplanted people went there because they wanted to live on an island and so didn't like the direct connection to the mainland.

Beautiful place PEI, lots of nice beaches. 

Haven't been since the '60's. For me the high point of the two day drive from Boston was the ferry. Boat rides are still one of my favorite things. The bridge looks like quite the project. My grand-father (Pa), a lifelong iron worker who passed in '66 always said that a bridge couldn't be built. I bet he would have loved to have seen it.

I remember collecting sand dollars on some of the beaches. I think my sister still has some of them.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's a beautiful place. Has a very tranquil sort of vibe.

The bridge is impressive looking from either shore but the view from it on the drive over wasn't quite as spectacular as I was expecting. I guess the safety specifications are bound to take priority at some point over esthetics.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Yeah it's a beautiful place. Has a very tranquil sort of vibe.

The bridge is impressive looking from either shore but the view from it on the drive over wasn't quite as spectacular as I was expecting. I guess the safety specifications are bound to take priority at some point over esthetics.

[/QUOTE]

What is it, something like seventeen miles end to end? I imagine you don't see much from the middle of that. Crossing that much open water with some pretty nasty currents and ice in the winter I would hope that more than just a passing nod was given to safety considerations. :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to MelWitt's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Okay CFL, not NFL.  But it's nice to have actual games to watch during these doldrums of the NFL year.  Maybe we CFL fans can start talking real football on BDC so we don't need 100 more threads about Rusty to tide us through until training camp.

I'm jonesing for football..any kind of football that uses the "prolate" kind, not the round kind of sphere.

Saw some Aussie football on TV last week.  That's the way to make soccer exciting.  Replace the round ball with a prolate one and allow tackling.

I remember when ESPN had just started up they used have Aussie rules football on all the time, great sport.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Sask, you watching the game? Worked late tonight, and just got home.  Nice to have Friday Night Football on.  Your Riders just tied it up at 14.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Bad special team mistake. Muffed punt leading to TD. Eskimos back up.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

And the pick six wins it for the Riders!