Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriot drafts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriot drafts

That is an abysmal average. that is what we have been up to as of late! in belichick i trust too, but facts are facts from 2006 thru the 2008 drafts! talking gostkowski the kicker, mayo and now merriweather! perhaps this trend can be changed after this year as guys like guyton and ingram step up!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxforlife. Show redsoxforlife's posts

Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM RECENT PATRIOT DRAFTS!

yeah, the Patriots really have been terrible during the draft. HA!

let's go back to 2005 draft to look at 5 years worth of drafts.
    and we'll see who is STARTING on this team...

Welker - 07 draft trade
    Moss - 07 draft trade
    Mankins - 05 draft
    Kaczur - 05 draft
    Gotskowski - 06 draft
    Mayo - 08 draft
    Pierre Woods, undrafted free agent, 2006
    Meriweather - 07 Draft
    James Sanders, 05 Draft
    Guyton - Undrafted free agent, 2008
    Jake Ingram, 2009 (HUGE REPLACEMENT FOR PAXTON)
    Slater, 2008.

Now, look at that, and the extra draft picks in the upcoming drafts, and the backups that were also drafted within the last 5 drafts. looks might fine!!!

what do you think of all that?
    sure i'm missing something too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

There are a lot of idiots in patriot nation. Thanks for setting them straight redsoxforlife, I am getting sick of all the bellyaching chicken littles.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM RECENT PATRIOT DRAFTS!:
    [QUOTE]yeah, the Patriots really have been terrible during the draft. HA! let's go back to 2005 draft to look at 5 years worth of drafts. and we'll see who is STARTING on this team... Welker - 07 draft trade Moss - 07 draft trade Mankins - 05 draft Kaczur - 05 draft Gotskowski - 06 draft Mayo - 08 draft Pierre Woods, undrafted free agent, 2006 Meriweather - 07 Draft James Sanders, 05 Draft Guyton - Undrafted free agent, 2008 Jake Ingram, 2009 (HUGE REPLACEMENT FOR PAXTON) Slater, 2008. Now, look at that, and the extra draft picks in the upcoming drafts, and the backups that were also drafted within the last 5 drafts. looks might fine!!! what do you think of all that? sure i'm missing something too.
    Posted by redsoxforlife[/QUOTE]
    einstein, cant u read? facts are facts not your OPINION! i said 2006-2008. i also limited it to direct piks not trades. now go back to your kool aid if u arent ready for some strong vodka!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM RECENT PATRIOT DRAFTS! : einstein, cant u read? facts are facts not your OPINION! i said 2006-2008. i also limited it to direct piks not trades. now go back to your kool aid if u arent ready for some strong vodka!
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Only considering the picks who stayed to become starters is proof that you have no understanding of the impact of the draft. redsoxforlife's list is a much more realistic appraisal of those drafts than your approach. Narrowing your field to the one's that conveniently fit what you thought would prove your point is further evidence that you just want to stir up cr** rather than make astute observations.
    Consensus among NFL coaches is that a draft can not be fully analyzed for three years (if you knew diddly about the draft, you would know that), for which your chosen time period does not account.
    Ordinarily, I might at least say 'nice try', but it really wasn't.
    By the way - reading your posts might be easier if you used some semblance of English grammar instead of 'textspeak'. Capital letters are not reserved for online shouting; they are allowed when starting your new sentence or when referring to yourself in the first person (I). My guess is that you are about 17; or if older, just haven't grown up past that mental age..
    Go away troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS!

Does Mike Felger and Steve Mazzeratti of 98.5 the sports hub hold your d*ck for you while you p iss too? How about you come up with your own thoughts instead of trying to pass off those two bozo's thoughts as your own.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I thought redsox stated facts.  He may have widened up the argument a bit but he stated facts.  One thing I don't understand is you leaving off the trades for Moss and Welker.  It was part of that draft since those picks were traded for these players.  I don't for the life of me understand why folks choose to leave this off unless they are wanting to stir the pot.  2007 was a poor draft class in general so for the Pats to go out and get these players makes it all the bigger deal.  An example of thinking outside the box if you will. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

The facts are, most of us REAL fans have had to deal with two win seasons, five win seasons, even a  1 win season and since 2001 we havent had less than a 9 win season

Quit bellyaching, you dont know how good you have it

Bandwagon 2001 pats fans are worse than bandwagon 2004 sox fans

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

This guy was just repeating what he heard on the radio, almost word for word what they were saying on the radio today so dont take anything he says too seriously.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS!:
    [QUOTE]This guy was just repeating what he heard on the radio, almost word for word what they were saying on the radio today so dont take anything he says too seriously.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

If that is indeed what they said on the radio, then they are no more knowledgeable about the draft than he is. Shoddy journalism, at best.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

I was dubious that he came up with 'abysmal' all by himself - lol. It doesn't translate to 'textspeak' very well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

hahahaha

But yes it was stupid when felger said it on the air and it was still stupid whenthis kid said it. Considering how poorly we drafted before Belichick got here I would say he has done a pretty good job drafting since 2000.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nickelbean. Show nickelbean's posts

every player fomr the 2005 draft started last season on the patriots.  The only player who doesnt start for the patriots this year is matt cassel who was traded for a 2nd rounder.  i dont know how that could be a bad draft

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I don't care if he drafts a Tibetan monk,my grandmother's cat,or a mushroom.BB and the front office seem to field a competitive team every year,regardless of coaching/player losses.All you can ask of an organization is to have a chance at the start of the season to reach the big dance.There are a lot of teams that would love to have their name listed over our roster right about now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS!:
    [QUOTE]This guy was just repeating what he heard on the radio, almost word for word what they were saying on the radio today so dont take anything he says too seriously.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]i listen to different sources as a pats fan. i dont just like the kool aiders. i like felger and mazz because they can step away from the kool aid eventhough they too bleed the red, white and blue. i also like dale and holly, and the big show gutys on weei. so many of u repeat them here, does that mean u are not to be taken seriously? because i m repeatg what they say means i dont agree with it or that it is not TRUE? means that others do not agree with it? you think i am the only fan who has had a beef with belichick's RECENT failure at draftpickg as of late? even if you extend it to include draft-trades, look at what happened to Lewis and Alex smith, 2 guys requiring 5th round choices. bottom line is that bel has been great and as a fan i greatly appreciate that. but his heyday was from 2000-2005. does it mean i cant point out his slump? just wait til we finish 8-8 someday and reality smacks us in the face? trends are important so we can correct them. bel is not beyond questiong and challenging in same way that brady isnt!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]The facts are, most of us REAL fans have had to deal with two win seasons, five win seasons, even a  1 win season and since 2001 we havent had less than a 9 win season Quit bellyaching, you dont know how good you have it Bandwagon 2001 pats fans are worse than bandwagon 2004 sox fans
    Posted by WCPatsFan[/QUOTE]
    so what? that was a decade ago. things change. my gratitude is about today! thanks to bel for the past and sentiments and all the other great things that he does and has done. but for now, he stinks in that draftpickg area. hopefully, this year's piks can change that. i m glad about the piks he has made and the special advisor guy from the titans that he has consulting on most of the pickings and doing the negotiations!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

choircontrarian ----"because i m repeatg what they say means i dont agree with it or that it is not TRUE?"

You should not steal other peoples comments and ideas!  It is not tolerated by the people on this board and the moderators!  It is wrong!  Instead of stealing other peoples thoughts, comments, and ideas cite your source!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM RECENT PATRIOT DRAFTS! : einstein, cant u read? facts are facts not your OPINION! i said 2006-2008. i also limited it to direct piks not trades. now go back to your kool aid if u arent ready for some strong vodka!

You are a goof!!!!!!!! I love when people say they are contrarian. I have NO problem with people questioning IF they use ALL the facts. Not just what they want to include. YOu are preaching about facts and saying not opinion and yet you leave out their 2 BEST draft picks in that span. How did they get(aquire) both Moss and Welker? I'll give you a hint. By using their DRAFT picks.

YOU absolutely can NOT I mean can NOT eliminate the trades for welker and moss. They ARE their picks. I love Felger because he makes me laugh and listen to his show but he speaks from emotion always and it makes his show fun(ratings) but he never does his homework. You just can't eliminate part of a draft. Those are their picks that year face it. Absolutely NO way around it.

They got to their pick and said hmm ok these guys are ok that are available but let me see if someone is dumb enough to give me Welker /moss for "x" pick. That's drafting, they drafted welker/moss with their picks. How the hell do people not get that.

I am also not saying they have been super or something but what are those numbers like compared to every other NFL roster? How about some context here? Do you have those numbers also? ...or just throwing it out there because you heard Felgi flapping his jaws about it.

Maybe by comparison they are poor, i have no idea, I did not do an research into it but when people ignore the welker/moss draft picks it blows my mind. You can absolutely NOT do it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]I don't care if he drafts a Tibetan monk,my grandmother's cat,or a mushroom.BB and the front office seem to field a competitive team every year,regardless of coaching/player losses.All you can ask of an organization is to have a chance at the start of the season to reach the big dance.There are a lot of teams that would love to have their name listed over our roster right about now.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]mr. cow, the soft koolaid with extra sugar is on your right! enjoy..... i'm sure mr. madoff and others of that ilk would love to have your absolute confidence too. hey, y read any independent facts or do any independent thinkg?

in bill u just blindly trust and will follow until reality smacks u up the head by default someday. then u will blame the steelers or colts or someone else for your choosing to just bury your head in bill's pants!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

just wait til we finish 8-8 someday and reality smacks us in the face? trends are important so we can correct them.

I will wait, and I believe it will be a loooong wait.
    I absolutely agree that trends are important. I absolutely love the current trend where 18-1 is considered a disappointment and we can lose the best QB in the NFL and still finish 11-5.
    How on God's green Earth can anyone think we have been having poor drafts?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS! : mr. cow, the soft koolaid with extra sugar is on your right! enjoy..... i'm sure mr. madoff and others of that ilk would love to have your confidence. hey, y read any independent facts or do any independent thinkg? in bill u just blindly trust and will follow until reality smacks u up the head by default someday. then u will blame the steelers or colts or someone else for your choosing to just bury your head in bill's pants!
    There's no hall of fame for best draft.We have the best w/l record and most SB appearances and wins under BB than any other team in the NFL for that same time. If that's kool-aid,then I'll take a gallon!!!!!! BTW,you really overuse the whole "kool-aid" thing.It's kinda silly now.Try something original next time instead of stealing someone else's cliche.Independent thinking?LMAO.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]just wait til we finish 8-8 someday and reality smacks us in the face? trends are important so we can correct them. I will wait, and I believe it will be a loooong wait. I absolutely agree that trends are important. I absolutely love the current trend where 18-1 is considered a disappointment and we can lose the best QB in the NFL and still finish 11-5. How on God's green Earth can anyone think we have been having poor drafts?
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]its not just a thought. its a FACT! pats' recent drafts have routinely been ranked at the bottom the past couple of years (this year's not counting yet). how can anyone...? that sir is when u know it is time to check in to your near kool aid addiction center. you may be overdosing on the stuff soon. you may need an intervention. michael felger has been saying so the past couple of years. tony mazz, who is noone's idea of a radical rabblerouser, has been saying so. u have just chosen not to listen for u surroun d yourself withother members of the pom pom choir!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS! : mr. cow, the soft koolaid with extra sugar is on your right! enjoy..... i'm sure mr. madoff and others of that ilk would love to have your confidence. hey, y read any independent facts or do any independent thinkg? in bill u just blindly trust and will follow until reality smacks u up the head by default someday. then u will blame the steelers or colts or someone else for your choosing to just bury your head in bill's pants!

You can't make your point, so you begin vulgar personal attacks. How very mature.
    Reality? Reality shows one of the best records in football over BB's entire tenure, including since the last SB victory. Independent facts? Small sampling sizes and incomplete data are not independent facts; they are irresponsible misrepresentations.
    You obviously have no actual knowledge on the subject you chose to debate. Every time you repost, you simply serve to magnify your ignorance. Argue the point with real counter arguments or crawl back under your bridge, troll.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

choircontrarian- So you plagerize and you are vulgar.....  I do feel bad for you...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS! : its not just a thought. its a FACT! pats' recent drafts have routinely been ranked at the bottom the past couple of years (this year's not counting yet). how can anyone...? that sir is when u know it is time to check in to your near kool aid addiction center. you may be overdosing on the stuff soon. you may need an intervention. michael felger has been saying so the past couple of years. tony mazz, who is noone's idea of a radical rabblerouser, has been saying so. u have just chosen not to listen for u surroun d yourself withother members of the pom pom choir!

drink the kool-aid 550 up, 50 downlove it hate it
    A reference to the 1978 cult mass-suicide in Jonestown, Guyana. Jim Jones, the leader of the group, convinced his followers to move to Jonestown. Late in the year he then ordered his flock to commit suicide by drinking grape-flavored Kool-Aid laced with potassium cyanide. In what is now commonly called "the Jonestown Massacre", 913 of the 1100 Jonestown residents drank the Kool-Aid and died.

One lasting legacy of the Jonestown tragedy is the saying, “Don’t drink the Kool-Aid.” This has come to mean, "Don’t trust any group you find to be a little on the kooky side." or "Whatever they tell you, don't believe it too strongly".

The phrase can also be used in the opposite sense to indicate that one has embraced a particular philosophy or perspective.

Sections
Shortcuts