Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriot drafts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS!

independent thought? this coming from a guy who word for word posted exactly what Mazz and Felger said in yesterdays radio show. You are a joke. For someone who cant even come up with the idea for a thread like this with out stealing someone elses points and passing them off as your own you really shouldnt preach about independent thought. A lot of us have made the same point you have made about the draft and we did so all by our selves with out copying soem radio host. You talk about us drinking the cool aide when you clearly can not think for yourself.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS!:
    [QUOTE]Hold on guys give this kid a minute to respond.....he has to go turn on his radio and wait for someone to talk about the Pats and the draft so he know what to think. Could be awhile before someone calls in with a question in regards to this thread so he might not know how to respond till Felger or Mazz give him the answer. Lots of people listen to sports radio but only tools take what they hear and try and pass it off as their own thought. If you knew anything about football you could talk about this stuff with out taking something said on the radio and word for word repeating it as your own thought.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]killa, its funny how MOST of your stuff seem to come right out of the WEEi/dennis callahan side of the aisle by design or default. being informed means listeng to others' opinions esp those u do not necessarily agree. i do not often agree with felger for example. i think he is often just a pompous, ignorant windbag just throwg stuff out there to be an agitator. i really believe what i post. i sometimes may use others' stuff as reinforcement or often just by coincidence. for every position genius, u can find someone for and against it in any paper or radio/tv show. got it? it doesnt mean my points arent independently valid. u just want to degrade them because it forces you to get your head out belichick's lap on occasion! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS!:
    [QUOTE]Typical forum reaction to dissenters.  The guy has a point - BB's actual draft picks haven't worked out very well in that time period.  The very valid counterpoint I've heard is that BB does magnificently in every other phase of personnel decisions.  He's obviously feasted off the Raiders as of late, and the Seymore trade is beautiful (if it sticks).  But as far as evaluating college talent, he's stunk it up recently.  It's even hard to give him too much credit for the starters he got those years - it didn't take a genius to pick out Mayo, Meriweather hasn't exactly set the world on fire in his first two years, and the Pats may have been one of only a few teams in the market for a kicker the year they brought in AV's replacement.  I do think Wilhite was a good pick, though. This year, I'd have to say it seems like the team drafted alright.  I only watched one pre-season game, and Butler and Chung looked really raw...but BB didn't draft them to start this year; they're very good athletes who can develop.  Volmers sounds promising, and he's the draft pick the "experts" said was taken too high.  I love the notion of Kiper and other "experts" second guessing teams of people who are paid to make these decisions...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]thanks jules. nice to see that you too can be both a fan and a thoughtful dissenter on occasion. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

First of all I do not listen to WEEI, sorry but AM radio was out of date when I was born 25 years ago so its way out of date now. I listen to the sports hub cause its FM and i can listen from work. So thats how I know that you word for word copied what Felger and Mazz had to say yesterday....word for word.

Also I have no problem with the point you made, have you seen me shoot it down once? nope. I have made the very same point in the past. The last few drafts have been poor. How ever when i made the point it was my point to make. I didnt steal it word for word from some radio host and pass it off as my own. So no I dont have my head in Belichicks lap I too can question his choices from time to time. Except when i do it its cause i know the game and have a football IQ and I dont have to repeat some drivle I heard on the radio. Try thinking for yourself once in a while its a good thing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]You are right, the guy has a point. But it was not his point to make he posted word for word what he heard someone say on the radio so s crew this kid. Belichick has had far more good picks then bad picks and maybe if this tool could think for himself he would know that but he cant which is why he just spews out the same BS he hears the talking heads spit out and passes it off as his own thought. It was dumb when tehtalking heads said it and it was even dumber for him to try and pass it off as his own thought.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]again, it was my original thought and point. but because i have to actually work for a living, i fdo not have the actual numbers on my fingertips every second. yes, that was the first time i had been introducted to the actual STATISTIC! not the idea. i have been saying that for years! i didnt feel the need to post for i did not have the FACTS, just an instinct and gut feeling. it would be nice if u could actually address the actual FACTS rather than try to distract with all your fallacies and nuisance distractions!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]First of all I do not listen to WEEI, sorry but AM radio was out of date when I was born 25 years ago so its way out of date now. I listen to the sports hub cause its FM and i can listen from work. So thats how I know that you word for word copied what Felger and Mazz had to say yesterday....word for word. Also I have no problem with the point you made, have you seen me shoot it down once? nope. I have made the very same point in the past. The last few drafts have been poor. How ever when i made the point it was my point to make. I didnt steal it word for word from some radio host and pass it off as my own. So no I dont have my head in Belichicks lap I too can question his choices from time to time. Except when i do it its cause i know the game and have a football IQ and I dont have to repeat some drivle I heard on the radio. Try thinking for yourself once in a while its a good thing.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]wow... after 50 posts, u actually come close to a point. so this is all about your envy and petty jealousy about you posting something i and others likely did not notice for it likely made no sense and had no facts or stats behind it? dude, you have got to grow up and control that anger of yours.... and please rise above and do not try to punch the contrarian in the face as u tend to want to do when u run out of logic, or when your weak koolaid cant compete with some strong vodka! Avoid running behind the skirt of violence when someone shares or exposes a view that you may not agree with. 

my opinions are always mine. my stats can come from anywhere. b it weei, felger, you or USA Today!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS! : ...................................... You are absolutely correct. You should be hoping Bob Kraft fires BB and then sells the Patriots to Al Davis. That would make you happy wouldn't it?
    Posted by 13lucky[/QUOTE]yep, thats exactly what i m saying. because i spot ONE very recent flaw in the guy and his development system, we should fire him and force kraft to sell to al davis and hire art shell or bring back a dick macpherson.

perhaps if BB had not failed in this one key area in his drafting strategy over the past 3 drafts, we would have won a super bowl or 2 during the 2006-2008 periods!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Can you smell your own bull sh*t? Yea I am jealous that you posted something I had already posted....you cant be this stupid. I was just saying that I have no problem with the point your making and I havent said anything to dissagree with your point, because its a valid point. However it is not your point. You simply repeat what you hear other people say and pass it off as your own. you have not had one original post the entire time you have been here. And again you give yourself away when you talk about Reg122. I talked about wanting to punch Reg122 in his face and you just give yourself away by bringing it up. You were a troll when you were Reg122 and you are a troll now. And by the way you could get away with calling me a kool aide drinker if i dissagreed with the point or if i was upset that you made the point but since i have done neither of those things how am I kool aide drinker? I called you out as the fake that you are so again how does that carry over into me drinking teh kool aide? It has nothing to do with football. All you do is prove my point, anytime anyone defends the Pats on 98.5 Felger goes off about teh kool aide and so far thats all you have done, even when it does not make sense. So clearly you just take what you hear on the radio and repeat it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Can you smell your own bull sh*t? Yea I am jealous that you posted something I had already posted....you cant be this stupid. I was just saying that I have no problem with the point your making and I havent said anything to dissagree with your point, because its a valid point. However it is not your point. You simply repeat what you hear other people say and pass it off as your own. you have not had one original post the entire time you have been here. And again you give yourself away when you talk about Reg122. I talked about wanting to punch Reg122 in his face and you just give yourself away by bringing it up. You were a troll when you were Reg122 and you are a troll now. And by the way you could get away with calling me a kool aide drinker if i dissagreed with the point or if i was upset that you made the point but since i have done neither of those things how am I kool aide drinker? I called you out as the fake that you are so again how does that carry over into me drinking teh kool aide? It has nothing to do with football. All you do is prove my point, anytime anyone defends the Pats on 98.5 Felger goes off about teh kool aide and so far thats all you have done, even when it does not make sense. So clearly you just take what you hear on the radio and repeat it.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]dude, there is NOTHING new under the sun. i never read or saw your post on this subject. let me see, there were posts here about brady being traded next offseason, about the third best qb assuming brady and manning were the top2 in that order, a post saying watson is a goner, should tedy bruschi be in canton, should the pats had signed michael vick, is gisele a trojan horse or a delilah to brady's sampson? and so forth. all of those were originals. could it have been that others had yapped about it, sure.. so what? 
    anyway dude, you are just playing semantic games. all of your ideas have been discussed somewhere too. oh no, do you think you are the first one to come up with 'who will be the next leader on defense' type of stuff? i have heard guys on 98.5 and elsewhere gab about that nonstop too. so am i to conclude that you have no original ideas and only repeat topics they discuss? COME ON!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Re: Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriots drafts

MVP

who the hell are you talking to?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Hitting on draft picks is hit and miss. Brady---6th round. Belichick loves to accumulate picks and then he makes his moves. Maybe he'll use that pick or maybe he'll trade it for two or use it for a trade. Hitting on draft picks doesn't mean a whole lot. All that matters is winning football games. Nobody has done that better than the Pats this decade.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-LITE. Show K-LITE's posts

blah blah blah! "The Pats have no starters drafted from 06-08", "Is this a championship D". Blah Blah Blah! The fact is the team hasn't won a title in 5 LONG YEARS!

ALL I WANT, IS FOR THE PATS TO KNOCK THE SNOT OUTTA PITT AND WHOEVER ELSE STANDS IN THEIR WAY! I WANT A TITLE THIS SEASON!!!!!!!!!!

Is this team good enough, is this defense good enough? I don't know and none of us will know until at least late NOV. DEC.! Until then, enjoy the ride everyone!

GO PATS!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

drink this........

Warren, Wilfork, Brace and Burgess with Guyton Mayo and Thomas is the best front SEVEN we have had on the field since 2001!

Did you see the way fork pushed the pocket in game two of the pre-season the guy is a fat/older... looking version of Warren Sapp only he is not as greedy... we hope....

NAME THE DRAFT THAT IS A MIS... ALL THESE PICKS ARE STILL IN THE LEAGUE THEY JUST CANNOT PLAY FOR US BECASUE WE ARE THE BEST!

2009--- cannot judge this one but a lot of them are on the TEAM!

2.02DB Patrick Chung Oregon Great Pick he is an overacheaving young 21 year old stud with break out writen all over year TWO
    2.08DL Ron Brace Boston College how could this guy be a bust
    2.09DB Darius Butler Connecticut fast, smart, diverse… should be great… best athelete in the draft
    2.26OL Sebastian Vollmer Houston  This kid is HUGE… and he is good… Scar found him now he will groom him
    3.19WR Brandon Tate North Carolina This could be Chad Jackson the 2nd, but if he is as goods as Karrem Nicks and they say he is BETTER he should be GREAT even on mary jane…
    3.33LB Tyrone McKenzie South Florida good story I hope he succeeds
    4.23OL Rich Ohrnberger Penn State great backup for cheap money
    5.34OL George Bussey Louisville this guy… why bother IRering the kid
    6.25LS Jake Ingram Hawaii who picks a snapper in the draft… he has to be the best in the country to get drafted
    6.34DL Myron Pryor Kentucky 4.0 in high schoold and college, graduated in three years with a BS, PLUS he can rush the passer… Groom him for Greens replacement next year
    7.23WR Julian Edelman Kent State How the hell do we get this lucky this kid is WELKER only he can throw, he wiggles and ducks under tackles the same way Troy Brown use to
    7.25DL Darryl Richard Georgia Tech  waisted PICK

2008---- four great picks

1.10LB Jerod Mayo Tennessee Second coming of Jesus Christ
    2.31DB Terrence Wheatley Colorado  He will be a meterologist in Seatle next year because his wrists are frail
    3.15LB Shawn Crable Michigan I LOVE THIS GUY HE WAS A STUD LAST PRE-SEASON-he probably would have replaced Vrabel if he did not have STICKS FOR LEGS
    3.31QB Kevin O'Connell San Diego State  how the hell does this kid not make the team he ran a 4.5 at the combine and he is 6'6" he must have tride to BANG Giselle!
    4.30DB Jonathan Wilhite Auburn  STUD
    5.18WR Matt Slater UCLA HEART AND SOLE of the team IZZO material
    6.31LB Bo Ruud Nebraska  SLOW, STUPID AND RIDING ON HIS BROTHER COAT TALES WHILE PICK HIM IN THE SIXTH AND NOT GUYTON… COULD HAVE LOST GUYTON

2007--- throw away draft PLUS Moss and Welker--- Home RUN

1.24DB Brandon Meriweather Miami REED's coming out of him this year last year he had more tackles, pass defenses, sacks and interceptions than 75 percent of the browl bowl selection
    4.28DL Kareem Brown Miami  BUM, pot head you name this kid is out of the league
    5.34OL Clint Oldenburg Colorado State Who?
    6.06LB Justin Rogers Southern Methodist special teams stud for Dallas
    6.28DB Mike Richardson Notre Dame  he tried but then again he is a sixth road pick are they supposed to hit
    6.34RB Justise Hairston Central Connecticut Third String Buffalo
    6.35OL Corey Hilliard Oklahoma State in the league but cannot make a our team
    7.01LB Oscar Lua Southern California I am in WAY better shape than this PIG
    7.37OL Mike Elgin Iowa WHO………… this whole draft was a throw away because the team was so stacked

2006--- everyone of these guys was a physical freak and still are they just have no brain.... good pick wrong situation Starters on another team

1.21RB Laurence Maroney Minnesota  Jesus Christ super star…  are you SHOW UP
    2.04WR Chad Jackson Florida I saw this kid in best buy once and he was a punk I told my wife he was a bum then… CHUMP
    3.22TE David Thomas Texas  BB ruined this kid… he is soft up stairs anyone weak minded on this team gets the shaft
    4.09RB Garrett Mills Tulsa contributor for the vikings on all teams and offense, stupid CUT
    4.21K Stephen Gostkowski Memphis  WOW
    5.03OL Ryan O'Callaghan California cannot stay on the field BUT he is HUGE coulda woulda shoulda
    6.22DL Jeremy Mincey FloridaThis kid could have been good but BB did not give him the TIME andother stupid CUT
    6.36OL Dan Stevenson Notre Dame WHO
    6.37DL Le Kevin Smith Nebraska Great role player
    7.21DB Willie Andrews Baylor  Great role player and DRUG deal
     2005--- great draft
    1.32OL Logan Mankins Fresno State  LOOK what I found
    3.20DB Ellis Hobbs Iowa State great special teams player great pick but he IS HORRIBLE at corner
    3.37OL Nick Kaczur Toledo Starter
    4.32DB James Sanders Fresno State  Starter
    5.34LB Ryan Claridge Nevada-Las Vegas Kids brother die and now his head is screwed up
    7.16QB Matt Cassel Southern California HOLLY second round pick!!!!!!!!!! Genius
    7.41TE Andy Stokes  what??
     2004------ I like these picks they just missed
    1.21DL Vince Wilfork Miami how does he fall from top 5 to 21????from BAL; trade draft pick BAL used to select QB Kyle Boller (2003)
    1.32TE Ben Watson Georgia  this guy is a patriot hall of famer just because he tackled Champ Bailey after Tom Brady's worst throw EVER
    2.31DL Marquise Hill Louisiana State  RIP
    3.32DB Guss Scott Florida  Still in the league
    4.17DB Dexter Reid North Carolina WHat happened to this cat???
    4.32RB Cedric Cobbs Arkansas  Plays for Miami
    5.32WR P.K. Sam Florida State  This kid should have stayed in COLLEGE
    7.32DB Christian Morton Illinois  BUM
     2003----- this whole draft was GREAT
    1.13DL Ty Warren Texas A&M from CHI; trade drafts picks 2003 1.14 and 6.20 (was from NYJ; trade draft pick 2003 1.04 plus rec'd 2003 1.22 and 4.19 (was from WAS; compensation WR Laveranues Coles))
    2.04DB Eugene Wilson Illinois from HOU; trade draft picks 2003 2.09 and 3.11 plus rec'd 2003 4.20
    2.13WR Bethel Johnson Texas A&M from CAR; trade draft picks 2003 2.18 and 4.23
    4.20DL Dan Klecko Temple from HOU; trade draft picks 2003 2.09 and 3.11 plus rec'd 2003 2.04 (was compensatory pick)
    4.23DB Asante Samuel Central Florida from DEN; trade draft picks (was from CAR; trade draft picks (was from NE; trade draft pick 2003 2.13 plus rec'd 2003 2.18))
    5.29OL Dan Koppen Boston College from TEN; trade draft picks
    6.28QB Kliff Kingsbury Texas Tech from TEN; trade draft picks
    7.20TE Spencer Nead Brigham Young  
    7.25LB Tully Banta-Cain California from NO; trade S Tebucky Jones (was from IND; trade RB Ricky Williams (2002))
    7.29DL Ethan Kelley Baylor from TEN; trade draft picks
     2002---- great draft
    1.21TE Daniel Graham STARTER  
    2.33WR Deion Branch STARTER  
    4.19QB Rohan Davey GREAT IN EUROPE  
    4.28DL Jarvis Green STARTER-   
    7.26RB Antwoine Womack IRIRIRIRIR  
    7.42WR David Givens STARTER  
    1.06DL Richard Seymour STARTER  
    2.17OL Matt Light STARTER  
    3.24DB Brock Williams STARTER  
    4.01OL Kenyatta Jones STARTER  
    4.24TE Jabari Holloway SCAB  
    5.32LB Hakim Akbar SCAB  
    6.17TE Arthur Love FLOATER  
    6.37DB Leonard Myers FLOATER  
    7.16K Owen Pochman SCAB  
    7.39LB T.J. Turner SCAB  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

drink this........

Warren, Wilfork, Brace and Burgess with Guyton Mayo and Thomas is the best front SEVEN we have had on the field since 2001!

Did you see the way fork pushed the pocket in game two of the pre-season the guy is a fat/older... looking version of Warren Sapp only he is not as greedy... we hope....

NAME THE DRAFT THAT IS A MIS... ALL THESE PICKS ARE STILL IN THE LEAGUE THEY JUST CANNOT PLAY FOR US BECASUE WE ARE THE BEST!

2009--- cannot judge this one but a lot of them are on the TEAM!

2.02DB Patrick Chung Oregon Great Pick he is an overacheaving young 21 year old stud with break out writen all over year TWO
    2.08DL Ron Brace Boston College how could this guy be a bust
    2.09DB Darius Butler Connecticut fast, smart, diverse… should be great… best athelete in the draft
    2.26OL Sebastian Vollmer Houston  This kid is HUGE… and he is good… Scar found him now he will groom him
    3.19WR Brandon Tate North Carolina This could be Chad Jackson the 2nd, but if he is as goods as Karrem Nicks and they say he is BETTER he should be GREAT even on mary jane…
    3.33LB Tyrone McKenzie South Florida good story I hope he succeeds
    4.23OL Rich Ohrnberger Penn State great backup for cheap money
    5.34OL George Bussey Louisville this guy… why bother IRering the kid
    6.25LS Jake Ingram Hawaii who picks a snapper in the draft… he has to be the best in the country to get drafted
    6.34DL Myron Pryor Kentucky 4.0 in high schoold and college, graduated in three years with a BS, PLUS he can rush the passer… Groom him for Greens replacement next year
    7.23WR Julian Edelman Kent State How the hell do we get this lucky this kid is WELKER only he can throw, he wiggles and ducks under tackles the same way Troy Brown use to
    7.25DL Darryl Richard Georgia Tech  waisted PICK

2008---- four great picks

1.10LB Jerod Mayo Tennessee Second coming of Jesus Christ
    2.31DB Terrence Wheatley Colorado  He will be a meterologist in Seatle next year because his wrists are frail
    3.15LB Shawn Crable Michigan I LOVE THIS GUY HE WAS A STUD LAST PRE-SEASON-he probably would have replaced Vrabel if he did not have STICKS FOR LEGS
    3.31QB Kevin O'Connell San Diego State  how the hell does this kid not make the team he ran a 4.5 at the combine and he is 6'6" he must have tride to BANG Giselle!
    4.30DB Jonathan Wilhite Auburn  STUD
    5.18WR Matt Slater UCLA HEART AND SOLE of the team IZZO material
    6.31LB Bo Ruud Nebraska  SLOW, STUPID AND RIDING ON HIS BROTHER COAT TALES WHILE PICK HIM IN THE SIXTH AND NOT GUYTON… COULD HAVE LOST GUYTON

2007--- throw away draft PLUS Moss and Welker--- Home RUN

1.24DB Brandon Meriweather Miami REED's coming out of him this year last year he had more tackles, pass defenses, sacks and interceptions than 75 percent of the browl bowl selection
    4.28DL Kareem Brown Miami  BUM, pot head you name this kid is out of the league
    5.34OL Clint Oldenburg Colorado State Who?
    6.06LB Justin Rogers Southern Methodist special teams stud for Dallas
    6.28DB Mike Richardson Notre Dame  he tried but then again he is a sixth road pick are they supposed to hit
    6.34RB Justise Hairston Central Connecticut Third String Buffalo
    6.35OL Corey Hilliard Oklahoma State in the league but cannot make a our team
    7.01LB Oscar Lua Southern California I am in WAY better shape than this PIG
    7.37OL Mike Elgin Iowa WHO………… this whole draft was a throw away because the team was so stacked

2006--- everyone of these guys was a physical freak and still are they just have no brain.... good pick wrong situation Starters on another team

1.21RB Laurence Maroney Minnesota  Jesus Christ super star…  are you SHOW UP
    2.04WR Chad Jackson Florida I saw this kid in best buy once and he was a punk I told my wife he was a bum then… CHUMP
    3.22TE David Thomas Texas  BB ruined this kid… he is soft up stairs anyone weak minded on this team gets the shaft
    4.09RB Garrett Mills Tulsa contributor for the vikings on all teams and offense, stupid CUT
    4.21K Stephen Gostkowski Memphis  WOW
    5.03OL Ryan O'Callaghan California cannot stay on the field BUT he is HUGE coulda woulda shoulda
    6.22DL Jeremy Mincey FloridaThis kid could have been good but BB did not give him the TIME andother stupid CUT
    6.36OL Dan Stevenson Notre Dame WHO
    6.37DL Le Kevin Smith Nebraska Great role player
    7.21DB Willie Andrews Baylor  Great role player and DRUG deal
     2005--- great draft
    1.32OL Logan Mankins Fresno State  LOOK what I found
    3.20DB Ellis Hobbs Iowa State great special teams player great pick but he IS HORRIBLE at corner
    3.37OL Nick Kaczur Toledo Starter
    4.32DB James Sanders Fresno State  Starter
    5.34LB Ryan Claridge Nevada-Las Vegas Kids brother die and now his head is screwed up
    7.16QB Matt Cassel Southern California HOLLY second round pick!!!!!!!!!! Genius
    7.41TE Andy Stokes  what??
     2004------ I like these picks they just missed
    1.21DL Vince Wilfork Miami how does he fall from top 5 to 21????from BAL; trade draft pick BAL used to select QB Kyle Boller (2003)
    1.32TE Ben Watson Georgia  this guy is a patriot hall of famer just because he tackled Champ Bailey after Tom Brady's worst throw EVER
    2.31DL Marquise Hill Louisiana State  RIP
    3.32DB Guss Scott Florida  Still in the league
    4.17DB Dexter Reid North Carolina WHat happened to this cat???
    4.32RB Cedric Cobbs Arkansas  Plays for Miami
    5.32WR P.K. Sam Florida State  This kid should have stayed in COLLEGE
    7.32DB Christian Morton Illinois  BUM
     2003----- this whole draft was GREAT
    1.13DL Ty Warren Texas A&M from CHI; trade drafts picks 2003 1.14 and 6.20 (was from NYJ; trade draft pick 2003 1.04 plus rec'd 2003 1.22 and 4.19 (was from WAS; compensation WR Laveranues Coles))
    2.04DB Eugene Wilson Illinois from HOU; trade draft picks 2003 2.09 and 3.11 plus rec'd 2003 4.20
    2.13WR Bethel Johnson Texas A&M from CAR; trade draft picks 2003 2.18 and 4.23
    4.20DL Dan Klecko Temple from HOU; trade draft picks 2003 2.09 and 3.11 plus rec'd 2003 2.04 (was compensatory pick)
    4.23DB Asante Samuel Central Florida from DEN; trade draft picks (was from CAR; trade draft picks (was from NE; trade draft pick 2003 2.13 plus rec'd 2003 2.18))
    5.29OL Dan Koppen Boston College from TEN; trade draft picks
    6.28QB Kliff Kingsbury Texas Tech from TEN; trade draft picks
    7.20TE Spencer Nead Brigham Young  
    7.25LB Tully Banta-Cain California from NO; trade S Tebucky Jones (was from IND; trade RB Ricky Williams (2002))
    7.29DL Ethan Kelley Baylor from TEN; trade draft picks
     2002---- great draft
    1.21TE Daniel Graham STARTER  
    2.33WR Deion Branch STARTER  
    4.19QB Rohan Davey GREAT IN EUROPE  
    4.28DL Jarvis Green STARTER-   
    7.26RB Antwoine Womack IRIRIRIRIR  
    7.42WR David Givens STARTER  
    1.06DL Richard Seymour STARTER  
    2.17OL Matt Light STARTER  
    3.24DB Brock Williams STARTER  
    4.01OL Kenyatta Jones STARTER  
    4.24TE Jabari Holloway SCAB  
    5.32LB Hakim Akbar SCAB  
    6.17TE Arthur Love FLOATER  
    6.37DB Leonard Myers FLOATER  
    7.16K Owen Pochman SCAB  
    7.39LB T.J. Turner SCAB  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CharlestonDude. Show CharlestonDude's posts

http://moondogsports.com/2009/04/25/does-nfl-draft-success-translate-into-victories/

Interesting sampling of # of picks retained by successful and not-so-successful franchises.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriots drafts:
    [QUOTE]http://moondogsports.com/2009/04/25/does-nfl-draft-success-translate-into-victories/ Interesting sampling of # of picks retained by successful and not-so-successful franchises.
    Posted by CharlestonDude[/QUOTE]nice job. but again, if you break it down specificallyto the time period i stated initially with  this post, 2006-2008, it is even worse than the 20 from 2004-2008 theyfound disappointing. again, bel was PERFECT from 2001 thru 20005. thats not the issue at all. i have never said the guy was NEVER good. perhaps its because his success rates were so high that his failure rates from 2006-08 stand out so LOUDLY.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriots drafts:
    [QUOTE]drink this........ Warren, Wilfork, Brace and Burgess with Guyton Mayo and Thomas is the best front SEVEN we have had on the field since 2001! Did you see the way fork pushed the pocket in game two of the pre-season the guy is a fat/older... looking version of Warren Sapp only he is not as greedy... we hope.... NAME THE DRAFT THAT IS A MIS... ALL THESE PICKS ARE STILL IN THE LEAGUE THEY JUST CANNOT PLAY FOR US BECASUE WE ARE THE BEST! 2009--- cannot judge this one but a lot of them are on the TEAM! 2.02 DB   Patrick Chung  Oregon  Great Pick he is an overacheaving young 21 year old stud with break out writen all over year TWO 2.08 DL   Ron Brace  Boston College  how could this guy be a bust 2.09 DB   Darius Butler  Connecticut  fast, smart, diverse… should be great… best athelete in the draft 2.26 OL  Sebastian Vollmer  Houston   This kid is HUGE… and he is good… Scar found him now he will groom him 3.19 WR   Brandon Tate  North Carolina  This could be Chad Jackson the 2nd, but if he is as goods as Karrem Nicks and they say he is BETTER he should be GREAT even on mary jane… 3.33 LB   Tyrone McKenzie  South Florida  good story I hope he succeeds 4.23 OL  Rich Ohrnberger  Penn State  great backup for cheap money 5.34 OL  George Bussey  Louisville  this guy… why bother IRering the kid 6.25 LS  Jake Ingram  Hawaii  who picks a snapper in the draft… he has to be the best in the country to get drafted 6.34 DL   Myron Pryor  Kentucky  4.0 in high schoold and college, graduated in three years with a BS, PLUS he can rush the passer… Groom him for Greens replacement next year 7.23 WR   Julian Edelman  Kent State  How the hell do we get this lucky this kid is WELKER only he can throw, he wiggles and ducks under tackles the same way Troy Brown use to 7.25 DL   Darryl Richard  Georgia Tech   waisted PICK   2008---- four great picks 1.10 LB   Jerod Mayo  Tennessee  Second coming of Jesus Christ 2.31 DB   Terrence Wheatley  Colorado   He will be a meterologist in Seatle next year because his wrists are frail 3.15 LB   Shawn Crable  Michigan  I LOVE THIS GUY HE WAS A STUD LAST PRE-SEASON-he probably would have replaced Vrabel if he did not have STICKS FOR LEGS 3.31 QB   Kevin O'Connell  San Diego State   how the hell does this kid not make the team he ran a 4.5 at the combine and he is 6'6" he must have tride to BANG Giselle! 4.30 DB   Jonathan Wilhite  Auburn   STUD 5.18 WR   Matt Slater  UCLA  HEART AND SOLE of the team IZZO material 6.31 LB   Bo Ruud  Nebraska   SLOW, STUPID AND RIDING ON HIS BROTHER COAT TALES WHILE PICK HIM IN THE SIXTH AND NOT GUYTON… COULD HAVE LOST GUYTON   2007--- throw away draft PLUS Moss and Welker--- Home RUN 1.24 DB   Brandon Meriweather  Miami  REED's coming out of him this year last year he had more tackles, pass defenses, sacks and interceptions than 75 percent of the browl bowl selection 4.28 DL   Kareem Brown  Miami   BUM, pot head you name this kid is out of the league 5.34 OL  Clint Oldenburg  Colorado State  Who? 6.06 LB   Justin Rogers  Southern Methodist  special teams stud for Dallas 6.28 DB   Mike Richardson  Notre Dame   he tried but then again he is a sixth road pick are they supposed to hit 6.34 RB   Justise Hairston  Central Connecticut  Third String Buffalo 6.35 OL  Corey Hilliard  Oklahoma State  in the league but cannot make a our team 7.01 LB   Oscar Lua  Southern California  I am in WAY better shape than this PIG 7.37 OL  Mike Elgin  Iowa  WHO………… this whole draft was a throw away because the team was so stacked   2006--- everyone of these guys was a physical freak and still are they just have no brain.... good pick wrong situation Starters on another team 1.21 RB   Laurence Maroney  Minnesota   Jesus Christ super star…  are you SHOW UP 2.04 WR   Chad Jackson  Florida  I saw this kid in best buy once and he was a punk I told my wife he was a bum then… CHUMP 3.22 TE   David Thomas  Texas   BB ruined this kid… he is soft up stairs anyone weak minded on this team gets the shaft 4.09 RB   Garrett Mills  Tulsa  contributor for the vikings on all teams and offense, stupid CUT 4.21 K   Stephen Gostkowski  Memphis   WOW 5.03 OL  Ryan O'Callaghan  California  cannot stay on the field BUT he is HUGE coulda woulda shoulda 6.22 DL   Jeremy Mincey  Florida This kid could have been good but BB did not give him the TIME andother stupid CUT 6.36 OL  Dan Stevenson  Notre Dame  WHO 6.37 DL   Le Kevin Smith  Nebraska  Great role player 7.21 DB   Willie Andrews  Baylor   Great role player and DRUG deal   2005--- great draft 1.32 OL  Logan Mankins  Fresno State   LOOK what I found 3.20 DB   Ellis Hobbs  Iowa State  great special teams player great pick but he IS HORRIBLE at corner 3.37 OL  Nick Kaczur  Toledo  Starter 4.32 DB   James Sanders  Fresno State   Starter 5.34 LB   Ryan Claridge  Nevada-Las Vegas  Kids brother die and now his head is screwed up 7.16 QB   Matt Cassel  Southern California  HOLLY second round pick!!!!!!!!!! Genius 7.41 TE   Andy Stokes    what??   2004------ I like these picks they just missed 1.21 DL   Vince Wilfork  Miami  how does he fall from top 5 to 21????from BAL; trade draft pick BAL used to select QB Kyle Boller (2003) 1.32 TE   Ben Watson  Georgia   this guy is a patriot hall of famer just because he tackled Champ Bailey after Tom Brady's worst throw EVER 2.31 DL   Marquise Hill  Louisiana State   RIP 3.32 DB   Guss Scott  Florida   Still in the league 4.17 DB   Dexter Reid  North Carolina  WHat happened to this cat??? 4.32 RB   Cedric Cobbs  Arkansas   Plays for Miami 5.32 WR   P.K. Sam  Florida State   This kid should have stayed in COLLEGE 7.32 DB   Christian Morton  Illinois   BUM   2003----- this whole draft was GREAT 1.13 DL   Ty Warren  Texas A&M  from CHI; trade drafts picks 2003 1.14 and 6.20 (was from NYJ; trade draft pick 2003 1.04 plus rec'd 2003 1.22 and 4.19 (was from WAS; compensation WR Laveranues Coles)) 2.04 DB   Eugene Wilson  Illinois  from HOU; trade draft picks 2003 2.09 and 3.11 plus rec'd 2003 4.20 2.13 WR   Bethel Johnson  Texas A&M  from CAR; trade draft picks 2003 2.18 and 4.23 4.20 DL   Dan Klecko  Temple  from HOU; trade draft picks 2003 2.09 and 3.11 plus rec'd 2003 2.04 (was compensatory pick) 4.23 DB   Asante Samuel  Central Florida  from DEN; trade draft picks (was from CAR; trade draft picks (was from NE; trade draft pick 2003 2.13 plus rec'd 2003 2.18)) 5.29 OL  Dan Koppen  Boston College  from TEN; trade draft picks 6.28 QB   Kliff Kingsbury  Texas Tech  from TEN; trade draft picks 7.20 TE   Spencer Nead  Brigham Young    7.25 LB   Tully Banta-Cain  California  from NO; trade S Tebucky Jones (was from IND; trade RB Ricky Williams (2002)) 7.29 DL   Ethan Kelley  Baylor  from TEN; trade draft picks   2002---- great draft 1.21 TE   Daniel Graham  STARTER    2.33 WR   Deion Branch  STARTER    4.19 QB   Rohan Davey  GREAT IN EUROPE    4.28 DL   Jarvis Green  STARTER-    7.26 RB   Antwoine Womack  IRIRIRIRIR    7.42 WR   David Givens  STARTER      2001 1.06 DL   Richard Seymour  STARTER    2.17 OL  Matt Light  STARTER    3.24 DB   Brock Williams  STARTER    4.01 OL  Kenyatta Jones  STARTER    4.24 TE   Jabari Holloway  SCAB    5.32 LB   Hakim Akbar  SCAB    6.17 TE   Arthur Love  FLOATER    6.37 DB   Leonard Myers  FLOATER    7.16 K   Owen Pochman  SCAB    7.39 LB   T.J. Turner  SCAB     
    Posted by tagandtrade[/QUOTE]TAG, no more kool aid for u. you should be cut off. i agree only with your assessment of 2009. thats reasonable. glad most of the guys made the team and i too am optimistic. in same way bel judges, its all about RESULTS on  the field. if guys like edelman transfer their preseason success to the regular season, then yes it will be a great draft. but lots of guys who make the preseason HOF do not become good in the regular season against real bullets. guys must actually be healthy and PERFORM! a draft cant be great without the performance. no excuses here. cant be great simply because  guys remain in the league and performg elsewhere unless perhaps you actually developed them and TRADED them! 

bel has tough and high standards on success and so should we! so no 2008 did not have four great players. there are NO great players from that draft. give me a break with that weak koolaid. even u admit that 2007 stunk. no excuses here. we were stacked bla bla does not cut it. was pittsburgh and SD not stacked too? come on, no excuses. that was bel's WORSE draft ever. i am not counting welker and moss. my criteria is strictly about guys actually picked and developed and who actually make the team! thats a different show. has belichick been GREAT at converting picks for studs/gems? absolutely! no beef there, no flaws. he has continued his excellence! striking out with lewis and alex smith notwithstandg. gambling like that with 5th rounders who can push the rooks and others is not a bad strategy. those guys may come bak into the fold later. it wasnt that they could not play. about their roles on special teams and overall versatility compared to others. again, got no beef with bel in that area! with 2006, i will give you gostkowski. no beef there. that was the best pick by bel during the 06-08 period. esp considerg that he let adam go and took a major risk. had gost stunk, that would have been major. nothing but love with that one. but again, no excuses. great draft but bad situations? come on. noone else made the team or got developed or has contributed sustainably. watson and mauroney for whatever reason have been underachievers even when healthy! if achievers when healthy, that would be a success! 

i am not going beyond 2006. i got no beef overall from 05-01. not everyone succeeded but bel's average was great. we have had lots of openings since then. had a few more of these guys worked out with bel, tedy for instance could have been retired or had his role dramatically cut 2 years ago when he was an obvious liability out there. perhaps if jakson had worked out, we would now have a solid 3rd receiver and no need to keep fixing that with a patch every year. glad we signed chris baker but had watson worked, there would have been no need to overpay him by so much. same with OL. kaczur is very average yet we must overpay and extend him because we have had so many busts drafted behind him. same with the DL. mike wright and jarvis green both got overpaid and overextended because no one has been successfully drafted there. don't even get me started with the cornerbacks. so many dead weigh and dead money minus wilhite! safety overall has been the one area of success. sanders from 2005 and merriweather from 07 have performed as u would want when you draft them in the first place. now u can be patient in building a younger nucleus going forward in terms of chung and butler. linebacker? same deal with failures and incompletes. mayo has been the one obvious exception. book is still out on guyton. crable hasnt played so no he doesnt count!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriots drafts : TAG, no more kool aid for u. you should be cut off. i agree only with your assessment of 2009. thats reasonable. glad most of the guys made the team and i too am optimistic. in same way bel judges, its all about RESULTS on  the field. if guys like edelman transfer their preseason success to the regular season, then yes it will be a great draft. but lots of guys who make the preseason HOF do not become good in the regular season against real bullets. guys must actually be healthy and PERFORM! a draft cant be great without the performance. no excuses here. cant be great simply because  guys remain in the league and performg elsewhere unless perhaps you actually developed them and TRADED them!  bel has tough and high standards on success and so should we! so no 2008 did not have four great players. there are NO great players from that draft. give me a break with that weak koolaid. even u admit that 2007 stunk. no excuses here. we were stacked bla bla does not cut it. was pittsburgh and SD not stacked too? come on, no excuses. that was bel's WORSE draft ever. i am not counting welker and moss. my criteria is strictly about guys actually picked and developed and who actually make the team! thats a different show. has belichick been GREAT at converting picks for studs/gems? absolutely! no beef there, no flaws. he has continued his excellence! striking out with lewis and alex smith notwithstandg. gambling like that with 5th rounders who can push the rooks and others is not a bad strategy. those guys may come bak into the fold later. it wasnt that they could not play. about their roles on special teams and overall versatility compared to others. again, got no beef with bel in that area! with 2006, i will give you gostkowski. no beef there. that was the best pick by bel during the 06-08 period. esp considerg that he let adam go and took a major risk. had gost stunk, that would have been major. nothing but love with that one. but again, no excuses. great draft but bad situations? come on. noone else made the team or got developed or has contributed sustainably. watson and mauroney for whatever reason have been underachievers even when healthy! if achievers when healthy, that would be a success!  i am not going beyond 2006. i got no beef overall from 05-01. not everyone succeeded but bel's average was great. we have had lots of openings since then. had a few more of these guys worked out with bel, tedy for instance could have been retired or had his role dramatically cut 2 years ago when he was an obvious liability out there. perhaps if jakson had worked out, we would now have a solid 3rd receiver and no need to keep fixing that with a patch every year. glad we signed chris baker but had watson worked, there would have been no need to overpay him by so much. same with OL. kaczur is very average yet we must overpay and extend him because we have had so many busts drafted behind him. same with the DL. mike wright and jarvis green both got overpaid and overextended because no one has been successfully drafted there. don't even get me started with the cornerbacks. so many dead weigh and dead money minus wilhite! safety overall has been the one area of success. sanders from 2005 and merriweather from 07 have performed as u would want when you draft them in the first place. now u can be patient in building a younger nucleus going forward in terms of chung and butler. linebacker? same deal with failures and incompletes. mayo has been the one obvious exception. book is still out on guyton. crable hasnt played so no he doesnt count!  
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]
    Bill is a beautiful man. Mooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

An argument is interesting but an end game is the most interesting part. "choircontrarian" - let's concede for a moment that your argument is correct. Then what? What is your end game? Are you hoping that Bill Belichick gets fired and we can get Eric Mangini or maybe Brad Childress in here when they are free at the end of this season? Let's say you have succeeded in shining a light in one area where Bill has lost his touch. What does that mean? Have you accomplished anything beyond this bloated thread?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tunah5. Show tunah5's posts

You have to consider the trades for Welker and Moss in this discussion.  If not then you Mr. Choircontrarian do not have a clue!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cover2. Show cover2's posts

Dude, anyone paying you for your football acumen? Here is a couple of more things you should consider;

1. It is tough for a championship caliber team to draft rookies who can start. Why? Because they would not be a championship caliber team if their current starters were not pretty good players.

2. Championship caliber teams draft lower picks than non-championship caliber teams. Thus many of the obvious blue chippers are gone by the time these teams pick. Add to that consideration #1 and you can see that you would typically not have that many draft picks who can start.

3. While the Patriots have whiffed on some high picks, Chad Jackson, Kevin O'Connell, Bethel Johnson. They have also done pretty well picking late in the draft. Tom Brady, Edelman, Samuel, etc. Overall the Pats have made more good picks than bad ones (This is a far cry from Theo Epstein and the Redsox Short Stop rumba line).

4. In reality draft picks are fungible, if you use draft picks to get veteran players, it really is no different than drafting a good player. But it is much safer, you are drafting on current performance at a pro level, not future performance as you try to project the college player into the pro game. Thus it is totally legitimate to consider players like Welker and Moss to be the product of the draft. Pretty good picks if you ask me.

5. The 2009 draft was a gem. Just give it some time to perculate. The Pats added speed, youth, and athleticism to the team. And alot of these kids will be playing significant minutes this year.

So chill and have a beer this weekend as we get a chance to watch the Pats finally show us what they have. I think the offense should be pretty good. The defense will lag early in the year, but I think they will gel in the second half of the year and be a big surprise (barring injury to key players).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bertsch1. Show Bertsch1's posts

Great points on this thread.  If you guys are interested in doing longer pieces you should check out sportlip.com.  Some of the folks on this thread have the writing chops to try their hand at real sportswriting.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]y read any independent facts or do any independent thinkg? 
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Sure. Why would anyone do that just to form a counter-argument to "your" first post. You certainly didn't in posting it. 

You like to be considered an instigator of original thought, but you are really just a plagiarizing polemicist. Please stop with the stupid pet tricks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"MVP

who the hell are you talking to? " - Tagandtrade

I am talking to choircontrarian aka Reg122

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

[QUOTE]Does Mike Felger and Steve Mazzeratti of 98.5 the sports hub hold your d*ck for you while you p iss too? How about you come up with your own thoughts instead of trying to pass off those two bozo's thoughts as your own.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

2 of the biggest idiotpricks in Boston....they say things just to get a rise out of Boston fans....most of what they say is so dumb.....