Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriot drafts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriots drafts

In Response to Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriots drafts:
    [QUOTE]That is an abysmal average. that is what we have been up to as of late! in belichick i trust too, but facts are facts from 2006 thru the 2008 drafts! talking gostkowski the kicker, mayo and now merriweather! perhaps this trend can be changed after this year as guys like guyton and ingram step up!
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Who Cares!
    The only thing that matters is our record over the last 3 years. Do you know where that ranks? Can you tell me who has more wins over that period of time?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

"2 of the biggest idiotpricks in Boston....they say things just to get a rise out of Boston fans....most of what they say is so dumb..... " - M10

Yes they are and this troll who started the thread took what they said word for word and posted it as his own thought. I understand that no one is original and the points some of us make ar ethe same as one would hear on sports radio however there is a big difference in two people having the same idea and just by fate they both share that idea via either a forum or a radio call in and someone going out of there way to steal someone elses idea word for word when they ehard it on the radio. And this kid was banned already as his former Reg122 tag so he is deffently a troll with out a doubt.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from trollslayer. Show trollslayer's posts

Leon, is it true that you played football?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Whats the ol' saying...40 years and counting....Cant wait till week 2 when the patriots stomp a mud hole on the jest....hey is it true that rex ryan needs a zip code for his whale belly?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriots drafts:
    [QUOTE]"2 of the biggest idiotpricks in Boston....they say things just to get a rise out of Boston fans....most of what they say is so dumb..... " - M10 Yes they are and this troll who started the thread took what they said word for word and posted it as his own thought. I understand that no one is original and the points some of us make ar ethe same as one would hear on sports radio however there is a big difference in two people having the same idea and just by fate they both share that idea via either a forum or a radio call in and someone going out of there way to steal someone elses idea word for word when they ehard it on the radio. And this kid was banned already as his former Reg122 tag so he is deffently a troll with out a doubt. 
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

reg122 from what i've read and can deduce was banned because the moderators at the time werent ready for anyone challenging sacred cows like our sainted king brady or lord belichick or "beat again" bruschi. but now that facts and truth have come to the surface like how bel cut seymour and the facts that bruschi's seeing eye dog finally made it clear to him that he couldnt play anymore and fact that brady almost got injured again in the palmer way, the moderators have now moderated the board a bit. less kool aid, more balance. i'm not here to change the world, just to help my fellow pats' fans accept more objectivity. yes, bel is great.  no, he is not always right. with better drafts from 06-08, we likely would have 1 or 2 more super bowl trophies. who cares about wins. its about rings. bel has given us wins at the expense of rings lately! tough to swallow but facts are facts.

lastly, if u actually heard fel and maz, u would have noticed that it was not either of them who mentioned those stats that i borrowed. it was a caller. the guys spent most of the rest of the show verifyg those stats as i did. those are public facts. just as they found it so did i. that is not plagiarism! like saying it is cold and some nitpicky blowhard like u saying "he's not legitimate, he is just repeatg what the hot weather girl said". anyway, enough of this..... 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriots drafts:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriots drafts : Who Cares! The only thing that matters is our record over the last 3 years. Do you know where that ranks? Can you tell me who has more wins over that period of time?
    Posted by ewhite1065[/QUOTE]
    who cares about wins? i care about ringsssssssssssssssss!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]http://moondogsports.com/2009/04/25/does-nfl-draft-success-translate-into-victories/ Interesting sampling of # of picks retained by successful and not-so-successful franchises.
    Posted by CharlestonDude[/QUOTE]
    tag, u really do not have to say it TWICE!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS!

In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS! : Sure. Why would anyone do that just to form a counter-argument to "your" first post. You certainly didn't in posting it.  You like to be considered an instigator of original thought, but you are really just a plagiarizing polemicist. Please stop with the stupid pet tricks.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE] so what, some one started this on 98.5 the sports hub. i, independent of the hosts, went and checked out the FACTS and made my OWN conclusions. so what if we coincidentally agree? yep, when ann coulter, rush limbaugh, sean hannity, ny post and fox news all reach the same conclusions we should just ban and deride all their posts too? or when obama, hillary, pelosi, ny times, boston globe and washington post all do likewise?
    when on a specific topic, i m lookg outside the kool aid, of course i would gravitate towards guys thinkg the same way. when reachg for the kool aid, yep i will gravitate by coincidence or design towards the echo chamber. do u not read the other initiative posts and threads? is there anything there not from somewhere else? focus on the what of the MESSAGE, not on the fluff and the  nonsense!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]You have to consider the trades for Welker and Moss in this discussion.  If not then you Mr. Choircontrarian do not have a clue!
    Posted by tunah5[/QUOTE] no i dont! u can join the echo chamber and start that thread for the 50th time. my role is to focus on the areas the kool aid isnt being dragged and poured! my thread is about judging starters and the success rates of original college draft picks KEPT and developed!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]An argument is interesting but an end game is the most interesting part. " choircontrarian " - let's concede for a moment that your argument is correct. Then what? What is your end game? Are you hoping that Bill Belichick gets fired and we can get Eric Mangini or maybe Brad Childress in here when they are free at the end of this season? Let's say you have succeeded in shining a light in one area where Bill has lost his touch. What does that mean? Have you accomplished anything beyond this bloated thread?
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]agreed troll! as the season rolls on, let's see how these new or recent draftniks produce and how they are nurtured and develop. if they do, i will start a thread as i have done often with theo epstein on the red sox board and praise bel. now that theo knows how to nurture and develop his young. they all seem to produce! however, if we stink as has been the case, i will reproduce this thread to remind all of bel's continuous flaw in this area. i like theo too, but i also kill him about his free agent and reclamation failures! i like a balanced board, i guess... 

perhaps bel should consult with theo on pickg the kids and theo should call bel before he goes after free agents and guys like penny and smoltz!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS!

In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: ONLY 3 STARTERS OUT OF 26 PICKS FROM 2006-2008 PATRIOT DRAFTS! : i dont necessarily agree with your conclusions but i do respect how u use your logic to reach objective conclusions. ultimately, i care more about guys we draft from college and actually KEEP and successfully develop on the freakin roster like hoyer hopefully, like mayo, like guyton hopefully, like gostkowski, like mankins in the old days, like wilfork from the old days, and so on. i could care less if a o'callaghan becomes great with the chiefs. he could have and perhaps SHOULD have done it here. 
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Well I am glad you at least understood my point. You never know in here. Simply if you question a draft you are not "just" questioning a draft but the personnel departments ability to judge talent as a generalization.

At one time a year ago I actually took the time to do all the research on this and the Patriots had MORE draft picks still playing in the NFL either with N.E. or another team than ANY OTHER NFL team.

For me that says it all, they know how to evaluate talent. Even IF I wish we had nailed more "impact" players.

People also forget to take into account guys they tried to get (that we were lucky enough to hear about) but did not get. Example, people complain about Asante but N.E. tried like hell to trade up in the first to get Darelle Revis. Unfortunately that was also the year Mangini left and took a small bit of knowledge of who they were eye-balling with him to N.Y. (if I recall correctly).

N.Y. ultimately gave up a lot of their later draft to move up and get him. He's been great they their evaluations was right on for him but not sure i would have liked N.E. giving up half their draft for him.

I guess the bottom line is everyone always forgets to take everything into account when have this or any argument because it takes some work to sit, think about, and go back and do all the research about it.

Its much easier(which is why Felger does it) to just scratch the surface and say oh don't count this, that or the other thing and oh also only take this time frame and oh yeah what other criteria you want to add and make an argument fit what you want.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: Only 3 starters out of 26 picks from 2006-08 Patriot drafts

Hey choircontrarian!

If that is your criteria for grading a good draft then we really really need to hire Matt Millen as GM. That way we can have the best drafts in the league.

You are also ignoring the FACT that both the Pats defense and offense are one of the most complicated in the NFL. That means rookies take longer to develope into productive players.

You are also ignoring the FACT that the Pats were so loaded as a team the last couple of years as determined by winning percentage that only a very special rookie was going to make the team let alone start

You are also ignoring the FACT the Pats are not set up to be a "superstar" based team (even though they do have a couple) but a team with a very good talent/productivity level across the board.

You are also ignoring the FACT that contrarians formulate their opinions based on being the opposite of someone elses opinion and not on any rational use of logic.