Only 5-2!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Only 5-2!!

Same old brainless idiotic rant. The O was off today, the rinky dink D was its usual crappy self. Special teams stank too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The defense couldn't get Pitt of the field. Other than the stupid pick by Ben, the defense allowed the Steelers to march down the field on every drive and kill the clock and ToP. The offense sucked, but the defense was worse.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Only 5-2!!:
    [QUOTE]Yep, right out of the gate, the offense put the defense in a horrible position. 
    Posted by MeanJoe[/QUOTE]

Wow!  A smart comment!  Nice job! Keep it up!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Only 5-2!!

Horrible Game! but life goes on. Pats now tied for first place in AFC east. Let's relax a bit. not too upset to lose to blitzberg at home. A "W" would have been nice, but as TB said there is still a lot of football. GG with an interception. looked like 2ndary was at least communicating. Not sure if it was last night's receipe, but I digress.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I believe it was 8 possesions by the offense and only 17 points, 7 of which came on an 8 yard drive after an INT by Guyton.

O needs to get its crap together.

D needs to get of the field.

This team needs work.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

Offense killed the D tonight!! So I definately put more blame on BB and Obrien.
    D never got its breath and 3 and outs to start each half. Not stuff champions made of.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Offense isn't impressive, but to say it's "killing" us isn't a true representation of what really ails us.  Our D, by any measure, stinks.  How many 3rd and longs did the D give up today?  Many.  How many times did they step up and get Pittsburgh off the field?  Not many.  Yes, the D was better in the 2nd half, but still didn't do a good job of getting the Pittsburgh offensive off the field.  I agree our offensive has struggled in the past couple of games, but it didn't "lose" this game for us.  Our defense did that all by itself.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanJoe. Show MeanJoe's posts

Yep, right out of the gate, the offense put the defense in a horrible position. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ender587. Show Ender587's posts

Our D was horrible... the tackling was horrendous... special teams was a Joke.  That being said, atleast they had an excuse this week... Its hard to be a lockdown defense if they never let you off the field to rest.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Crappy game in all phases, and yet the Patriots almost beat the Steelers on their own field. That's the way I look at it. A W next week against NYG will get things back on track. But, a loss to New Jersey week after will put them in second place unless the Jests lose next week, which they probably won't. Not good if it goes down like that. That'd be 2 losses in the div, and 3 in the conf. Got to beat rexy to avoid it. Pitt with a half game lead for #1 on the conference now, but I think that will go away. Also think the Pats will beat Pitt if they play them in the playoffs. I project 12-4 for this team by season's end, hopefully that'll be enough to get a top seed. May lose to Jests, may lose to Philly. We'll see......

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Only 5-2!! : did not score on 4 of eight possessions. actually, they did not even get 20 yards on each of those possessions. the only TD was off an int that allowed the pats to start at the pitt 8. the field goal was missed but that was a 42 yarder. so a fifth posession, barely got the team to fg range.  so the d sucks... but today, they gave up 23 pts to an elite team, with the o not having ability to hold on to the ball. at least they are playing to their ability.  o was off today? they have underperformed against jets, dallas and today.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

Yeah, they're becoming almost as consistently lacking as the D.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanJoe. Show MeanJoe's posts

[QUOTE]Crappy game in all phases, and yet the Patriots almost beat the Steelers on their own field. That's the way I look at it. A W next week against NYG will get things back on track. But, a loss to New Jersey week after will put them in second place unless the Jests lose next week, which they probably won't. Not good if it goes down like that. That'd be 2 losses in the div, and 3 in the conf. Got to beat rexy to avoid it. Pitt with a half game lead for #1 on the conference now, but I think that will go away. Also think the Pats will beat Pitt if they play them in the playoffs. I project 12-4 for this team by season's end, hopefully that'll be enough to get a top seed. May lose to Jests, may lose to Philly. We'll see......
    Posted by TheExaminer[/QUOTE]

Do you also look at it like you almost lost to Dallas at home?  Almost?  Who are you kidding?  You were dominated in almost every way.  We almost scored 3 more TDs.  That onside kick almost went 10 yards.   You lost. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Only 5-2!! : How did they do that?  They tried to run which is what "everyone" wanted.
    Posted by dmpc[/QUOTE]

you either lie or you do not know what you are talking about.

Q1 looked balance because they went 3 and out on 2 passes and 1 run on their only possession.

Q2 they went 12 pass attempts and 5 run attempts

2 possessions into the third they did 8 pass attempts and 3 runs

i stopped counting.

oh and i would not call faulk's run attempt a serious one. sorry but i don't call that a real effort to establish a ground game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]Same old brainless idiotic rant. The O was off today, the rinky dink D was its usual crappy self. Special teams stank too.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

did not score on 4 of eight possessions. actually, they did not even get 20 yards on each of those possessions. the only TD was off an int that allowed the pats to start at the pitt 8. the field goal was missed but that was a 42 yarder. so a fifth posession, barely got the team to fg range. 

so the d sucks... but today, they gave up 23 pts to an elite team, with the o not having ability to hold on to the ball. at least they are playing to their ability. 

o was off today? they have underperformed against jets, dallas and today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]Offense is killing this entire team. Field position, TOP, our D's confidence, etc.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

How can you still think the offense on this team is more of a problem than the defense? The defense once again gave up multiple long drives. Field position?!? In the first (when the defense dug a from which the offense couldn't get out), the Patriots average starting position was their 43 yard line. For the Steelers it was their 23. The Steelers managed to build a 17-10 lead while playing on a 20 yard longer field.

The first two Pittsburgh possessions of the second half took up 13 minutes and gained 133 yards. They also both ended in scores. 

Check your facts man. 

Seriously, why do you like this defense? Do you really think Roethlisberger is a 365 yard per game quarterback? How can you think that a team that forces it's first and only punt with less than 30 seconds to go in the game put their team in a position to win?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Only 5-2!! : did not score on 4 of eight possessions. actually, they did not even get 20 yards on each of those possessions. the only TD was off an int that allowed the pats to start at the pitt 8. the field goal was missed but that was a 42 yarder. so a fifth posession, barely got the team to fg range.  so the d sucks... but today, they gave up 23 pts to an elite team, with the o not having ability to hold on to the ball. at least they are playing to their ability.  o was off today? they have underperformed against jets, dallas and today.

They gave up 23 points to a team that was averaging only 20 per game coming into it. The Steelers are not an elite offensive team. The defense is not just below average it is bad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No argument from me. The D has been suspect from day one and now the O has joined them. No viable deep threat is catching up with the O. Why the hell is 85 still taking up locker space?

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

both units need to play better...

The offense can´t do it alone.

the defense can´t do it alone.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Only 5-2!! : They gave up 23 points to a team that was averaging only 20 per game coming into it. The Steelers are not an elite offensive team. The defense is not just below average it is bad.
    Posted by FrnkBnhm[/QUOTE]

by your logic, the pats offense scored 17 pts when they average 30. nobody is saying the d is good. i am saying the d is performing as can be expected. the offense, well, they grossly underperformed. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Only 5-2!! : by your logic, the pats offense scored 17 pts when they average 30. nobody is saying the d is good. i am saying the d is performing as can be expected. the offense, well, they grossly underperformed. 

No, I am saying they gave up more points to the Steelers than the Steelers were scoring on average. That means they played worse against this specific opponent than other teams have. Baltimore, Jacksonville, Houston and the Colts (one of the Steelers scores vs the Colts was on defense) have all held this team to 17 or less points. I am saying it can be done by a good defense. We are not a good defense.

The offense actually did pretty well against an elite defense (6th in yards, 3rd in scoring) especially considering they only touched the ball four times in the first half because the defense could not get the Steelers offense off the field. The Steelers offense had drives of 68, 72 an 76 yards for scores in the first half. We scored more points than the offense than the Steelers D was letting up on average and didn't turn the ball over.

Our great offense can be shutdown by great defenses. Our mediocre-at-best defense, cannot then turn around and win us the game (unless we are playing Tony Romo or the Chargers who will panic late in the game and vomit on themselves).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rotorhead. Show Rotorhead's posts

This Defense is terrible. All of these drafts with "getting more picks" for all the first rounders is great but we need to spend. We have missed on a bunch of good defensive talent and drafted poor ones, butler, whilte, wheatley, etc. FA are being cut bodden. Sure Meriweather was servicable and Chung is a gamer, thank god but how many drafts are we going to go with getting a good talent evalution. Now I am not saying BB has lost his eye for talent but Brady's clock is ticking and I will tell you guys, BB is done in NE when Brady hangs them up. Spend the first rounders on pass rusher and a good safety and build the defense again.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

This offense needs to put in screens and draws again, or something that can loosen the D up and slow down the pass rush. 

On Defense, we need a better secondary (Hell, why release Bodden and Sanders?). Our pass rush actually generated something, but the secondary screwed it up.

Sections
Shortcuts