Only for a third round this is a bad trade!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Only for a third round this is a bad trade!!

Adam_Schefter

1. Filed to ESPN: When the Randy Moss-to-Minnesota trade is completed later, Patriots will receive a third-round pick in return from Vikings.

if that's true this is a bad trade ,
    could have good a compensatory pick in any case

Thats what i call bad trade

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoyle. Show hoyle's posts

Re: Only for a third round this is a bad trade!!

I'm feel sick to my stomach

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Only for a third round this is a bad trade!!:
    [QUOTE]Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: When the Randy Moss-to-Minnesota trade is completed later, Patriots will receive a third-round pick in return from Vikings.  if that's true this is a bad trade , could have good a compensatory pick in any case Thats what i call bad trade
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]

The Vikings are said to be desperate. Perhaps the Pats are just as desperate to get Moss out of town. But, a third round pick is insufficient compensation.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Only  good for Minny.  Bad for Pats and I think Randy will regret leaving......

At least keep him for one more year so he younger receivers could develop....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

I Still don't get the trade
    Got the same pick we could have gotten any way

After  A GREAT REPORT CARD FOR MONDAY NIGHT'S GAME

I GIVE BB AND KRAFT
    ONE BIG F for the trade

MAkes no Sense At All

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

I'm not GOING TO A GAME EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'M NOT GOING 2 WATCH THEM ON TV EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

GOOD LUCK ON WINNING ANOTHER GAME EVER...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

I BB we trust???????  I begining to have my doubts

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

A 3rd is just to low. I don't mind trading him but for essentially the same pick we most likely would have gotten for letting him walk? (Other then the fact they they can trade this pick)

Well now they have 2 1st, 2 2nds, 2 3rds, 2 4ths. Could this just be a way to trade some of the picks to move up in certain rounds, provided there is a rookie cap next draft? I can't see them using that many picks and trading back for more. Then again those 3rds and 4ths turn into 3rds and 2nds the year after.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kegarret. Show kegarret's posts

WORST EVER!  Are they kidding?  Keep Mankins, trade Moss?  For a 3rd Rounder!??  I almost want to quit on the Patriots for this BS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolfwood. Show wolfwood's posts

there has to hbe something else in the works, we prob would have got a 3rd rounder anyways as comp if he left as a fa

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Now there going to tripple team Welker, and every other WR. WE HAVE STINKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan1033. Show Patsfan1033's posts

I really thought they'd get a 2nd for him...but, didn't happen...evidently they were not going to be able to sign him for what he wanted and he would have been a malcontent the rest of the season. My feelings are that he was not happy with his role as a "decoy" in the game plan and "privately" (within the organization) had issues with it.  Rumors flowing on twitter last night from "those in the know" were that he and BB had a contentious discussion yesterday which led to this (BB probably said, enough is enough)!

As a FA, the Pats would have been awarded no better than a 3rd from the league, now they get a higher 3rd (at worst a 32, which doesn't seem likely) and actually controlled where he went rather than Jets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Kraft don't care now, he won 3 SB's. He'll care when we lose every game and he see's the stadium empty week after week...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

With Randy gone and Mankins on his ranch, Kraft is saving a lot of money.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

who cares about a third rounder...BB stockpiling picks means jack. if anything, it only gives him more mid round ammunition and he will probably end up trading out of the 1st round with at least one of the 1sts, then one of those seconds will get turned into an extra 4 and a 2 in 2014. so on and so forth. anyone who thinks this is gonna contribute to some monumental rebuilding draft is high (and i want some of what you're smoking). all those picks cant make the team in one season, meaning half of them will get dealt for the "future" yet again.

in the sort term, it hurts in a few ways, not only stretching the field and drawing a safety away from wes and the other guys...but depth is now a major concern. god forbid wes' knee starts bothering him, then we're looking at injury prone edelman, tate and taylor mays.

its obvious after monday nights big win, randy started sulking about his extension again...probably because zero catch games wont factor well into his next contract. way to go randy you chump, force your way off a 3-1 team tied with a division lead, with the season under way....all for your precious next contract.

if anyone wants an official moss jersey you will find one in the salvation army dumpster in worcester...thanks

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

TALK 2 YOUR BLUE IN THE FACE, IT DON'T MATTER NOW, WERE GONA STINK 4 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

When analyzing the trade of Randy Moss to the Vikings, one consideration is compensatory draft picks.

Had the Patriots kept Moss for the season, the team could have received a 2012 compensatory draft choice when/if Moss signed with another team in the offseason.

That pick could have been no higher than a fifth-rounder in 2012, because Moss has 10 accrued seasons in the NFL.

That was likely a consideration for the Patriots when they accepted a 2011 third-round pick as compensation from the Vikings.

Thats Explains Some thing but the trade is still bad
    we got nothing good in return
    just another future wheatly or crable

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Only for a third round this is a bad trade!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Only for a third round this is a bad trade!! : No. The Pats would have gotten one if Moss played out the season and then left as a FA making this trade utterly stupid.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Wrong! Don't spread lies! Get your facts straight!

Actually, you're both wrong!

Google Compensation picks if you don't know what you're talking about.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Might possibly suspect there is something more to this trade than we know at the moment...October 19th deadline looms....

He was 33, knew he wasn't going to get a long term extension, expressed his childish disdain with that idiotic post game ramble and now he's gone....
    Plain and simple fact is that he wanted to be traded.

They accommodated him....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

This morning I heard, we traded one of the best receivers.  We'll see.  Moss wasn't so highly praisedd before coming to NE.  When he arrived he had to admit how great it was playing with Brady, et al.  He has forgotten all that.  Now we'll see how he does back in Minn.  I suggest that if he wants to get the ball from Favre that he wears the other teams jersey.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

The hell with a 3rd round pick.  How bout somebody that can actually help the 2010 New England Patriots???  Gerhart?  A D-lineman or perhaps a LB? 

The Pats basically got fleeced, and the most sickening thing about it is that they were willing to let this happen.  They had no reservations about it.  If they don't have another move lined-up to improve their roster, they're basically admitting that this season is a lost cause while they're 3-1 and coming off a huge confidence boosting division road win. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lightningbrain. Show lightningbrain's posts

and just in time for the ravens game.  now the patriots can get tough again.  I've missed givens the whole time, and hernandez is the first player who looks like he can fill that role.  moss would have been great as a player who can spread the field and open up room for players like woodhead, but he doesn't want a walk on part in a war.  it doesn't pay well enough.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Pats have a bye week, an open roster spot, more ammunition in next year's draft than any team and some time before the trade deadline. 

If the Pats were going to make a move for a player (trade Moss, acquire ?), the stars are aligned for them to do so now. If they bring anyone in, it gives that player an extra week to practice with the team and learn the playbook. 

I don't love or even like the Moss trade, but I think we have to trust that something significant must have happened behind the scenes for BB to do this. Moss request for a trade, perhaps he told BB he was mailing it in this season, I don't know...but something occurred and BB was just looking for the right time. Come off a win, have a bye week, get the deal done. 

Sections
Shortcuts