ONLY reason I forgive Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Re: ONLY reason I forgive Brady

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

You keep pointing the problem to Brady, makes no sense to me.  What does out of character mean?  I see nothing of the kind.  The receivers need to play well, that is the problem, not that Brady has to be in character and not having fits on the sideline when the receivers do not play well is the problem.

One last time... He is the greatest player to ever play in this orginization (see previuos post in this thread). The young receivers in my opinion will progress. AT TIMES last night Brady was uncharacteristcally lost some perspective and compusure AT TIMES.

can't be anymore clearer... I never once said Brady was the problem.

One last time, I disagree with you.  You making something out of nothing.

We each have a right to our opinion that's why this board exists.

If he was not the problem why do we keep talking about him and call him out with stuffs like losing composure, loosing perspective, etc.. like he did somthing wrong.  Anything you have that is concrete or substantive that we can talk about besides touchy feely phrases?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Okay, have we gotten this out of our system yet? Have we lashed out enough at the one guy who has made our football world great for years because he got peeved at the incompetence around him?

BTW, how's BB's latest draft looking so far? LMAO

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

You keep pointing the problem to Brady, makes no sense to me.  What does out of character mean?  I see nothing of the kind.  The receivers need to play well, that is the problem, not that Brady has to be in character and not having fits on the sideline when the receivers do not play well is the problem.

One last time... He is the greatest player to ever play in this orginization (see previuos post in this thread). The young receivers in my opinion will progress. AT TIMES last night Brady was uncharacteristcally lost some perspective and compusure AT TIMES.

If he was not the problem why do we keep talking about him and call him out with stuffs like losing composure, loosing perspective, etc.. like he did somthing wrong.  Anything you have that is concrete or substantive that we can talk about besides touchy feely phrases?

Nobody is blaming him for his frustration he needs to do a better job controlling it which even he admits to.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4748780/locker-room-buzz-patriots

Brady talks frustrations: In his postgame news conference, quarterback Tom Brady shared his frustrations on the team's offensive performance. Brady's emotions boiled over at times during the game, which ran counter to his previous comments about needing to have more patience with his young receivers. "I think I have to do a better job with my body language. I can definitely improve that," he acknowledged. "I wouldn't say it's a real strong point of mine right now."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Being reactionary and chewing out a new team member who ahs not figured it out does happen. But it normally is the coach who does that. At any level, I have never seen players chewing out other players lead to anything good in the long run. Unless the purpose is to put so much self-doubt on the new player's mind so that he leaves the team, it isn't productive. Hypothetically, the kids could leave the team, and there we realize there is no alternative. 

I am more okay with TB chewing them out in practice.

Why does it matter who does it?  It is ok and it works if it was from the coach but not another player?  Bird chewed out his teammate calling them "Sissy" and that was a pretty famous turnaround.  Players play, and in the heat of the moment things get heated.  Brady chewed up many people in the past, Welker, Gronk and countless others, and they turned out fine.  Much ado about nothing.

I had other player yell at me when I screwed up or vice versa. I may have never played pro but did play football from third grade through four years division III.  Even in intramural football with the army afterward we still had competitive outbursts.  

This must be this happy go lucky everyone win age... Hell I'm only 34 it can't have changed that much.

I can't count how many times I seen other players grab someone face mask and yell right in their face when their head is not in the game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Nobody is blaming him for his frustration he needs to do a better job controlling it which even he admits to.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4748780/locker-room-buzz-patriots

Brady talks frustrations: In his postgame news conference, quarterback Tom Brady shared his frustrations on the team's offensive performance. Brady's emotions boiled over at times during the game, which ran counter to his previous comments about needing to have more patience with his young receivers. "I think I have to do a better job with my body language. I can definitely improve that," he acknowledged. "I wouldn't say it's a real strong point of mine right now."

There is no question that some of you are getting on his case about this, he does not live in a vacuum.  Nobody likes to see our QB acting out with frustration on the sideline, I agree with that.  But the thread is beyond that I beleive.  It is not pleasing to the eyes and does not give us a good feeling but it has very little to do with football.  The receivers have to get better or we are in trouble if a few others don't come back from injury.  If you ask the rookies and they think that they cannot get better if TB keeps yelling at them, then I give you that this is an issue.  I think TB can yell all he wants, but what we really need is our young receivers to wake up and grow up quickly here.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

How that 3rd and 1 lofted pass that floated over Dobson's head and out of bounds is Dobson's fault is a mystery to me.

Yesterday, in a 13-3 game, people were saying the defense sucks when the offense did Shat. I don't know why Brady cant coach guys up, it's annoying. He can only work with slot WRs and TEs?

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

Because Dobson looked up too late.  His head was not in the play.  The ball landed not very far from his feet, all he had to do was step to the right and catch the ball.  He did not even try to jump up because he did not see the ball.  His problems a lot of time is he needs to look sooner, that should not even have to be taught.

So, as a 13 year veteran, instead of yelling at the 20 year old who's nervous enough, talk to him.

Yeah. Maybe he should braid their hair and tell them how pretty he thinks they are while he is at it -just to make sure they are 'comfortable' and have high 'self-esteem.'

What is wrong here?

These guys have been through the NCAA ... they've been humiliated, told to disappear, and be where ever the coach is at the same time. They've been yelled at. They've been physically picked on. 

That is football. Tom yelling at Dobson for not heading upfield where there is no safety help and a likely TD is exactly what should happen. Furthermore ... the coach should yell some more on the sideline. 

Z if you ever get the chance, watch "The Making of a Marine" on either the Discovery channel or the Military channel. When a teaching situation comes up, The D.I.'s stop the yelling and teach. As a thirteen year Veteran, Brady should do the same. These rookies just got the chance to experience more pressure to achieve than most anyone aside from the military. Their heads are and should be spinning. They are no longer the BMOC and their stuff stinks now. In situations like this yelling at the new guy is counter productive and it doesn't matter if they've been yelled at before or not. It is counter productive.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to HelmetofLeather's comment:

"I NEED TO IMPROVE MY BODY LANGUAGE"  

If TB can admit it, then it's a real problem. Now that it's out there, let's see if he can follow up on his OWN admission.TB is still a top flight QB but right now he's a car with no engine and yet we are still 2 and 0. Things WILL improve ! The run game was completely non exsistant last night which probably added to EVERYONES frustration. Never again do I want to see rookie receivers sulking on the sideline ALONE !!!  Coaching isn't just for practices !!! Men throwing hissy fits isn't sexy!!! 

Time to remove the Uggs and put the work boots back on TB

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

You got that right! Tom (if he could have contained himself) or the receivers coach should have been talking to them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

There is no question that some of you are getting on his case about this, he does not live in a vacuum.  Nobody likes to see our QB acting out with frustration on the sideline, I agree with that.  But the thread is beyond that I beleive.  It is not pleasing to the eyes and does not give us a good feeling but it has very little to do with football.  The receivers have to get better or we are in trouble if a few others don't come back from injury.  If you ask the rookies and they think that they cannot get better if TB keeps yelling at them, then I give you that this is an issue.  I think TB can yell all he wants, but what we really need is our young receivers to wake up and grow up quickly here.

I am not the OP nor do I think Brady is an issue.. My only observation was in context to last night. To be honest I don't mind him being demonstative my only issue is that they are rookies in their 2nd game. If they continue to make the same miostakes 3 or 4 weeks from now then yes putting a shoe up their a** is justified.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I am not the OP nor do I think Brady is an issue.. My only observation was in context to last night. To be honest I don't mind him being demonstative my only issue is that they are rookies in their 2nd game. If they continue to make the same miostakes 3 or 4 weeks from now then yes putting a shoe up their a** is justified.

I like to think that those rookies are not to naive to think that it is personal or an insult.  It is an in-game frustration.  What is so much more important is what they do after the games and what they do in practice to get better.  All we see is what happen during the game and blow things out of proportion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

There's nothing to forgive here.  All other things asside, let's not forget that in all probability these two teams hate each other.   Most games between these two are not like the Thanksgiving Day Massacre of last year.  Every single play with the Jets is magnified. 

Now to TB.  No he is not perfect.  However at the NFL Level, all of these players are supposed to have reached a certain high level of play.  This is true even when it comes to rookie wide receivers.   They should be able to run their routes correctly and should be able to catch any ball that hits their hands.  This is what they get paid Millions of Dollars for.    

Having said that, Football is a game of mistakes.  When a play is or is not executed, somebody did their job while somebody else didn't do theirs.   Therefore, it is impossible for any play not to have these dynamics. 

Brady is going to make errant throws.  Perhaps because a DE or LB is causing him to rush his throw because the OL and or RB in protection didn't do his job.  Or maybe Brady just plain makes a mistake and doesn't do his job.

What I saw last night was not just a couple of routes or drops by the receivers.  What I saw was waaaay too many times that the receivers were not doing their job and that's what was unforgivable.   Rookies or not, there is no excuse for that many mistakes at the NFL level.

BB is the overall Head Coach but Brady is the Manager on the field.   Let's not forget that when he jacked up those rookie receivers, they were in the heat of battle.  There's no time for coddling.   Everyone makes mistakes but when they get to be the same types of mistakes over and over again the SHTF.   Besides even though, it might have happened, has anyone here ever heard of any wide receivers past or present and including the ones who did not do well here ever criticise Brady for his Leadership Style?  I haven't. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to soups' comment:

So, basically, people are pi**ed b/c he chewed out two rookies?  Really?  Anyone play this game at any level?

Funny that the poster didn't post when both TB and BB got at Ridley during game one.  Ridley can fumble twice, and people are okay with his being yelled at and benched, but when Dobson dropped a perfectly thrown ball that should've begun a rout at home, someone starts a thread about TB?

He missed a few throws, yeah, but the fact that the Pats didn't turn the ball over in those conditions  is very much because of Brady.  How'd Geno do in that weather again?

Wait and watch as this team starts to get healthy.  In the meantime, next game is the Bucs at home.  It's practically a bye week right now. 

Big difference between Ridley, whose been in the league a few years and been in the playoffs, and a wide eyed rookie playing in his first game.  There is a reason rookies don't usually lead the league in receptions. Otherwise why would anyone pay for a veteran.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

What's the big deal with people here pointing that out? Even he recognized it, so there is validity to what is being pointed out. 

Maybe the over reaction isn't that people pointed it out. Maybe it's the reaction to people pointing it out.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

What's the big deal with people here pointing that out? Even he recognized it, so there is validity to what is being pointed out. 

Maybe the over reaction isn't that people pointed it out. Maybe it's the reaction to people pointing it out.

Depends on what you mean by pointing out.  If pointing out means that does not look good then yes pointed noted.  But if it means we botched that game because Brady was screaming on the sideline and he needs to stop that so we can be a better team, then I think that point is a little off.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Depends on what you mean by pointing out.  If pointing out means that does not look good then yes pointed noted.  But if it means we botched that game because Brady was screaming on the sideline and he needs to stop that so we can be a better team, then I think that point is a little off.

I appreciate the separation you are trying to make but your third sentence is off.

Brady screaming on the sideline is not the reason they played bad.

Brady screaming on the sideline is not productive.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

I appreciate the separation you are trying to make but your third sentence is off.

Brady screaming on the sideline is not the reason they played bad.

Brady screaming on the sideline is not productive.

That's all, not productive?  We are chastising him over this because it is not productive?  I am overreacting over this again, aren't I?  This is such an important thing to get out in front of with all the issues facing the team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

He's just throwing a cookie to the drama queens with this.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Low-FB-IQ's comment:

Haha. Someone is a Waaahbaby ..... but it's not Tom.

Get over it. The guy chews out rookies. Ever been on a football field before? That's how it works.

Complaining about the couple of passes that were errant, out of nearly 40 is insane. Any player is going to make a couple mistakes. The announcers were spot on: the overwhelming majority of Brady's throws were right on target. The players weren't where they should have been or were dropping easily catchable balls, or worse, were not even playing with their head in the game. 

The rookies should be yelled at. That's what you do to rookies, especially when they are playing like they are clueless. They are so underprepard right now. Why are they on the sidelines staring into space after they just misran routes and had no idea what was going on? They should have been there with their positional coach, or a playbook, or snaps of the last set of downs, going over what they needed to do.

It's not your Qb's responsibility to 'coach' WRs. They are players like eveyone else. They have their own positional coaches they need to talk to on the sideline, and their own sideline routine. New England actually PAYS a person to coach WRs. His name is Chad O'Shea. They also pay Wr's to learn a playbook, which is what they should have been doing. If you need a cheerleader to come and force you to consult your positional coach or look at some glossies of what you did wrong, you've already quit. 

LOL yeah and I would be happy to compare our coaching histories anytime you like.

I've actually coached in Gillette multiple times. Have you?

The best part is you act like I excused the WR's anywhere in my post. ANYWHERE?

But since you are following along making my point abount people discounting Toms own hard words about himself I am not sure how serious I should take anything you say.

Haha. I've played in Sullivan multiple times and coached High School and PW. Are you trying to impress me? A B-team pee-wee or flag football team can get brought into Gillette ... it's called community engagement. It's not a credential?

But if you want to talk X's and O's .... here is an answer ... if a WR is 'overthrown' by 12 yards, and there is not an interception or play on the ball by a safety ... the WR cut his route short. Here is some simple football knowledge that clues the viewer in. If the WR had been there, he would have caught it, if the WR shouldn't have been there there would have been a deep safety in coverage. That's how variable patterns work. You come out after the snap, and your route changes depending on where deep coverage goes in order to exploit the holes the defense leaves up top. 

If Brady is chewing Edelman out, it's because Edelman cut a route off when he should have taken the route to daylight. As far as "three" (nice imaginary number) passes in the dirt ... the one that was in the dirt was because no one was open. You instruct Qb's to throw the ball into the dirt when no one is open. 

Those are on no one in particular, but are a result of good coverage by the defense and proper coaching by the offense. 

Lastly, I made no points (I didn't even reference it as a matter of fact) about Tom and self-critique. Your comment (and lacl of understanding about NFL route concepts) is kind of a non-sequitur and causes me to doubt why I should take anything you say seriously. 

I have no need to impress you or anyone else. In fact you started the whole thing about ever being on a football field in the first place.  ...but simply for clarification, since you are questioning... It was 7 times coaching in HS Div1a superbowl appearances, 3 as OC, 4 as HC, some at Gillete. You also mentioned you played so I guess I have to mentioned I played QB in HS and college as well. Not that it matters. My pw coaching days never had any community outreach appearances to big stadiums for any of my championship appearances. Then again I am in my 60's and retired after a fight with Cancer. Many things were very different in youth sports back then.

Your points are elementary and fundamental. That is not a knock. Just a statement. I understand them very well and still say Brady shares in certain play failures. The generalizations you use, while valid, do not fit ever situation you explain or rather I questioned. ...and certainly not every situation in an entire game. Neither last weeks or this week.

You certainly seemed to be in some sort of personal attack mode from the start.

Maybe you were upset I laughed about you complaining about the Ridley pick when i asked your opinion back when he was drafted since you were a big LSU guy. Although I don't remember ever bringing up the fact that you were way off base? I mean who the hell is always right on college player evaluations?

You certainly do not need to specifically reference a point to fall into the category of one I made. You can do that just by your response alone.

I also don't know if you are misunderstanding about the balls in the dirt but I was referencing last week with that, not last nights game. I don't have imaginary numbers. I also am well aware of the idea of one of many "potential" reasons for a ball in the dirt. Although TB typically puts the ball low and away so that his Receiver is the ONLY one that has a chance at it without actually throwing in in the dirt. I'm glad you think you know the exact reason it was in the dirt though.

Also to be clear, I have no problem with any player and or coach getting into the face of a player. In fact I was that way myself. I do however think Brady is in a situation, at the moment, where he needs to choose wisely, not when, but maybe for how long. Especially off the field well after the play or series is finished. Forget anything to do with it being about someone else and get back to looking at the captures and make the adjustments. You are the best player, do your thing, make it quick, stamp your feet, slam your helmet, throw a water bottle, and get back to work. It is counter productive for himself most of all, if it lingers.

Bottom line is most are reacting like this was a post speficically about Brady being bad or at fault or some issue I have with him. I don't. In fact the title of the post states he has a pass in my eyes. The post is about the avg fan who actually believes TB is never at fault, for anything. ...and many of the reactions and responses have affirmed that. Well, that and I think a lot of people respond without actually reading what is written.

This is a good debate between you two.  I have no coaching credentials at all, but it seems to me that there are two different things to evaluate:

Who's making the mistakes executing plays.  Here I tend to agree with Z that most of the mistakes we've seen are the receivers' mistakes; this is not to say Brady is perfect and never makes mistakes. For instance, I think the fumble against the Bills was on him, and I thought his intercepted throw to Gronk in the 2011 Super Bowl was poor judgment.  But overall, he's one of the most mistake-free QBs ever.

Whether Brady crossed the line in yelling at the rookies.  I'm not a big yeller myself, and I tend to agree with ATJ  that losing control of one's emotions is usually poor leadership, but not knowing the situation, I really can't say whether Brady acted poorly.  He seems to think he did though, so he probably did.  Admitting you mistakes, though, (and correcting them) is a sign of good leadership.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Lmao that's about right hahahaha

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Brady is probably not happY with fact the only reliable pass catcher on this team in Edelman. With a seemingly improved defense, it was silly to waste Brady with that many young receivers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The post is about the avg fan who actually believes TB is never at fault, for anything.

HOFers tend to be at fault.... seldom. That's why they're HOFers. LMAO

Brady has had his poor moments. But one of them is not this dressing down of clueless WRs trying their best to lose against a poor team.

Meanwhile the other side of the coin defends guys who BB cuts after the rookie contract when criticism is levied upon them.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Brady is probably not happY with fact the only reliable pass catcher on this team in Edelman. With a seemingly improved defense, it was silly to waste Brady with that many young receivers.

There were numerous options where the GM could have brought in a viable veteran as an insurance policy. He didn't. Same old meh GM work we non-homers have come to expect.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I might...could be wrong....although I rarely am....but I think Brady was po'ed after 2 months of training camp, 4 pre-season games, guys were running incorrect routes, not coming back for the ball, crossing over into the wrong lanes....like camp just started....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from KillaCam2010. Show KillaCam2010's posts

All this seems like an overreaction to me. Did TB perhaps go over the line... maybe, but I can understand why.  Its not like TB is the only QB to get upset with wideouts when they make mistakes. Also the thought that Brady is no longer a good leader because of this, just doesn't make since to me. The reason he was so pissed last night was because expects better from the rookies, because he knows they can do better. You don't want the leader of your team to be satisfied with people not playing up to their abilities. I do understand that Brady was a little to blame for last night since on a couple throws he wasn't as sharp as he could of been, but the receivers deserved to hear it last night. And, I understand that you don't want to destroy your young guys confidence, but come on, you act like Brady hasn't been singing these guys' praise all offseason. I think in about 4 to 5 weeks this offense will be back clicking. Honestly, the injuries to Gronk and Amendola may be a blessing in disguise come playoffs.

Sections
Shortcuts