ONLY reason I forgive Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: ONLY reason I forgive Brady

I recall Luck last year was playing with 2 rookie TE's, 2 rookie WR's, a journeyman WR, Wayne, and a rookie RB, and I don't recall him ever acting the way Brady did. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I recall Luck last year was playing with 2 rookie TE's, 2 rookie WR's, a journeyman WR, Wayne, and a rookie RB, and I don't recall him ever acting the way Brady did. 

That's because Luck is just starting out...Brady, regardless of what he says, knows full well he's nearing the end...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

That's because Luck is just starting out...Brady, regardless of what he says, knows full well he's nearing the end...

I have the clueless Colts troll with the agenda on ignore, but tell the dum bass for me.... maybe Luck's rookies weren't clueless fools.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I have the clueless Colts troll with the agenda on ignore, but tell the dum bass for me.... maybe Luck's rookies weren't clueless fools.

I can't see anything...I have everyone on ignore.........

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Brady is probably not happY with fact the only reliable pass catcher on this team in Edelman. With a seemingly improved defense, it was silly to waste Brady with that many young receivers.

There were numerous options where the GM could have brought in a viable veteran as an insurance policy. He didn't. Same old meh GM work we non-homers have come to expect.

Honestly, I do think Belichick should have started addressing the WR issue last year or even earlier. I never liked going into the season last year with just four wideouts (not including Slater). Maybe Lloyd was supposed to be the veteran carried over into this year, but he was a Walmart stop gap, not a real building block for the future. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

It's been awhile since I've replied to you mainly because I simply can not understand why you are here.  Also why would you care if Brady chewed out his recievers or not.  As an Indy fan, what Tom Brady says to members of his team is none of your business. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to NCPatsFan1971's comment:

[QUOTE]

It's been awhile since I've replied to you mainly because I simply can not understand why you are here.  Also why would you care if Brady chewed out his recievers or not.  As an Indy fan, what Tom Brady says to members of his team is none of your business. 

UD's always trying to find ways to knock Brady because he hates the idea that Brady just might be a better QB than Manning.  The agenda is pretty transparent.  I generally just ignore these comments. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

What a steaming pile of whiney politically correct BS this garbage is. Here's a clue; Brady can scream at imbeciles trying to lose the game anytime he wants.  And while he's at it he should beech slap the GM that brought them here. LMAO@U

Thank you! I agree 100%.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

[QUOTE]

UD's always trying to find ways to knock Brady because he hates the idea that Brady just might be a better QB than Manning.  The agenda is pretty transparent.  I generally just ignore these comments. 

I used to have him on Ignore but somehow he is visable again.   At least the Jet Trolls are upfront with their hatred of the Patriots.  But UD6 does his slicing and diceing in a much more sneaky subtle way. 

In any event, none of these guys can have much of a life to be able to spend so much time on a rival teams chat room.  It's realy kind of pathetic.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

So you are saying Belichick the GM is to blame?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Bingo. The consummate loser.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

I used to have him on Ignore but somehow he is visable again.   At least the Jet Trolls are upfront with their hatred of the Patriots.  But UD6 does his slicing and diceing in a much more sneaky subtle way. 

In any event, none of these guys can have much of a life to be able to spend so much time on a rival teams chat room.  It's realy kind of pathetic.   

Hey, I'll take the Colts troll off ignore anytime he likes; to discuss his hrero's assault on that poor woman, that she got paid off for, not once, but twice. LMAO@ the loser Colts troll.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skinnyrexraptor. Show skinnyrexraptor's posts

Hey, I'll take the Colts troll off ignore anytime he likes; to discuss his hrero's assault on that poor woman, that she got paid off for, not once, but twice. LMAO@ the loser Colts troll.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

This was on another forum of the same topic and it sums up my thoughts perfectly so I'll post it here:

Why is it that WRs have such a rough time building chemistry with him? Has Chad Jackson, Bethel Johnson, Ochocinco, Reche Caldwell, Joey Galloway, Brandon Tate, Taylor Price or Doug Gabriel out catching passes from other QBs? No. They all sucked and fell out of the league shortly thereafter b/c it turns out that they blew at playing football at whatever stage in their career they were in.

On the other hand, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Aaron Hernandez, Gronk, Edelman, Branch, Givens, Patten, Troy Brown, all quickly built chemistry with Brady b/c they didn't suck.

If Belichick is willing to call Brady the "best leader" he's ever been around directly after the game, maybe the fan base should take a moment to contemplate about how fortunate we are to have #12 at QB. A few years ago it was he didn't have the thirst for winning anymore, didn't get fired up enough. Now it's he gets fired up too much. I'm pretty sure it's not Brady who needs to "grow the F up", maybe our fanbase.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Brady is probably not happY with fact the only reliable pass catcher on this team in Edelman. With a seemingly improved defense, it was silly to waste Brady with that many young receivers.

There were numerous options where the GM could have brought in a viable veteran as an insurance policy. He didn't. Same old meh GM work we non-homers have come to expect.

I don't think bringing in young recievers was a bad idea. It worked with the TE's. Sanders would have really help this year. I like Amendola. I think that if healthy he is better than Welker. We clearly disagree on BB as GM. He went young on the D last year and it payed off. He goes young on ST's and pays off all the time. It is just odd to have an old QB and have no vets around him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I don't think bringing in young recievers was a bad idea. It worked with the TE's. Sanders would have really help this year. I like Amendola. I think that if healthy he is better than Welker. We clearly disagree on BB as GM. He went young on the D last year and it payed off. He goes young on ST's and pays off all the time. It is just odd to have an old QB and have no vets around him.

Went young on the D since 2008, it's 5 years later.

ST's was ranked 27th last year and 25th the year before.  How has that even paid off.

BB replaced the entire # 1 record setting O with rookies who have been in the system since april and still can't catch.

No starting Offense should consist of 4 rookies and 3 injury prone players. Leaving 1 injury prone player and the rookies to start.  What happened to all those *fantastic* off season receivers that they gave 1-3 year contracts to?

It makes no sense.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

Show me where Luck has ever exhibited competitive fire! Not words but deeds - we've seen Brady fired up and emotional for years. Just because everyone is freaking out about the WR's it's all of a sudden a big deal.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Haha. Someone is a Waaahbaby ..... but it's not Tom.

Get over it. The guy chews out rookies. Ever been on a football field before? That's how it works.

Complaining about the couple of passes that were errant, out of nearly 40 is insane. Any player is going to make a couple mistakes. The announcers were spot on: the overwhelming majority of Brady's throws were right on target. The players weren't where they should have been or were dropping easily catchable balls, or worse, were not even playing with their head in the game. 

The rookies should be yelled at. That's what you do to rookies, especially when they are playing like they are clueless. They are so underprepard right now. Why are they on the sidelines staring into space after they just misran routes and had no idea what was going on? They should have been there with their positional coach, or a playbook, or snaps of the last set of downs, going over what they needed to do.

It's not your Qb's responsibility to 'coach' WRs. They are players like eveyone else. They have their own positional coaches they need to talk to on the sideline, and their own sideline routine. New England actually PAYS a person to coach WRs. His name is Chad O'Shea. They also pay Wr's to learn a playbook, which is what they should have been doing. If you need a cheerleader to come and force you to consult your positional coach or look at some glossies of what you did wrong, you've already quit. 

Agree with everything here. Nice post Z.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I can't believe Brady has the nerve to think that a hall of fame quarterback should be surrounded by competent professionals. Shame on him. 

Brady should have been 100 percent on board with gutting the offense, lowballing impact players, fielding inexperienced rookies, drafting and signing players with injury histories, and hoping for the best.

One important guy left, I'd hardly call that a gutting. Another key guy got arrested about a month before camp and some others are out injured but will be back. 

If Vereen, Gronk and DA are back and the rookies aren't being asked to carry the load but rather to just play a supporting role, this is a dangerous team. If they're at or better than .500 by then, it's all good.  All this stuff will be forgotten. 

It's absolutely extraordinary that so much is being asked of new guys and it's not how it was designed during free agency and the draft, but it is what it is. The crybabies on this board make Brady look like Winston Churchill.

Let's say they get in the playoffs and have relative health. Are you afraid of Manning and his sub .500 playoff record? Maybe Matt Schaub has you quaking in your boots? Fact is, if they get through this stretch and get their guys back, they have as good a chance as any AFC team of winning the conference.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I can't believe Brady has the nerve to think that a hall of fame quarterback should be surrounded by competent professionals. Shame on him. 

Brady should have been 100 percent on board with gutting the offense, lowballing impact players, fielding inexperienced rookies, drafting and signing players with injury histories, and hoping for the best.

One important guy left, I'd hardly call that a gutting. Another key guy got arrested about a month before camp and some others are out injured but will be back. 

If Vereen, Gronk and DA are back and the rookies aren't being asked to carry the load but rather to just play a supporting role, this is a dangerous team. If they're at or better than .500 by then, it's all good.  All this stuff will be forgotten. 

It's absolutely extraordinary that so much is being asked of new guys and it's not how it was designed during free agency and the draft, but it is what it is. The crybabies on this board make Brady look like Winston Churchill.

Let's say they get in the playoffs and have relative health. Are you afraid of Manning and his sub .500 playoff record? Maybe Matt Schaub has you quaking in your boots? Fact is, if they get through this stretch and get their guys back, they have as good a chance as any AFC team of winning the conference.

+1

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Luck's top targets last season:

Reggie Wayne (veteran)

T.Y. Hilton (2nd year)

Donnie Avery (4th year)

Brady's top targets this year:

Injury Guy

Special Teams Guy

Rookie x the rest

Yeah, they're similar.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Maybe it is what it is but what it was in the off-season was that Gronk, DA were big question marks, and Vereen was not even in anyone mind before we saw how he played in the Bills game.  Yes it is absolute extraordinary that it came down to the team depending on the new guys and to say that it is all due to injuries to those 3 guys ignoring the glaring risks that exist all these times and the bad planning that discount the possibility that Gronk and DA might not see the field that much in the first place.

Now, the mantra is if those guys come back, we will be ok.  It is what it is, I guess.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

Maybe it is what it is but what it was in the off-season was that Gronk, DA were big question marks, and Vereen was not even in anyone mind before we saw how he played in the Bills game.  Yes it is absolute extraordinary that it came down to the team depending on the new guys and to say that it is all due to injuries to those 3 guys ignoring the glaring risks that exist all these times and the bad planning that discount the possibility that Gronk and DA might not see the field that much in the first place.

Now, the mantra is if those guys come back, we will be ok.  It is what it is, I guess.

Vereen is the reason they didn't re-sign Woodhead. he was absolutely always in the plan.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Vereen is the reason they didn't re-sign Woodhead. he was absolutely always in the plan.

Now who plays third down back?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

This is just BS. The Pats knew what they had in Vareen, it was becoming apparent last year that he was growing into a bigger role. Injuries happen to all teams, and his is not a season or career ending type of thing. What happened with Hernandez is what messed up the entire offseason, and it was totally out of their control. They expected him to be a big contributor. He would have helped a lot in those last two games (made them easier W's), and opened up the field for other players. But they didn't have him, or Gronk, or Lloyd, or Welker, or Amendola and Vareen (on Thursday), and THEY STILL WON both games. You show me one other team in the NFL that is without 5 of their top options (considering Welker or Amendola as one) that wins (and yes, it was the team decision to not have some of them). It just wouldn't happen. Fans here are nuts, they should be thrilled the team found a way to win those two games through all kinds of adversity. If guys don't come back from injury to contribute heavily and the young guys don't improve as the season goes on, then I could understand the bittching going on. But at this point, its as good as it can be, 2-0 with two division wins...

Sections
Shortcuts