ONLY reason I forgive Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

ONLY reason I forgive Brady

I am a HUGE long time Brady fan from the start and will always be. However, I have often said many things, regarding Brady, that people in here freak out over.

Things like it is a lie that his favorite receiver is the open one , etc. He has his favorites and binkies just like every other QB. Or calling him out when I think he deserves it, etc. Just like last week.

Today I have to actually give him a pass for being a GIANT baby. NO NOT because he has a few young receivers. .... BUT because the area of New England has given him a "complete" free pass for so long that it has allowed him to become a complete Wahhh Baby instead of the great leader he used to be and can still be.

When Brady was starting, not a starter yet, we always heard stories of him running the scout team or working with the sub receivers and making them all better and impressing the coaches as a collective backup unit in practices. Then he became "the man", won some superbowls, and legitimatley cemented himself as one of the greatest QB's to ever play the position in NFL history.

Unfortunatley what followed is almost every fan, AND media person (Mayock was sickening me last night) started giving Brady a complete free pass, for everything. He became Teflon Tom. Nothing was ever his fault. It's the defense,  it's his Oline, it's his receivers, it's his running backs, it's his Offensive coordinator, etc etc.

When Brady even says things about himself. Out of his own mouth, the fans and media will half the time, astonishingly, say no Tom you are not correct. You are great you did nothing wrong. When he said he sucked after the Ravens game when they backed into the win I was amazed how many on here were like no he played ok or great, the defense just stinks, etc. 

So I give Brady a pass for being a Baby today because the fans and media created it.

I could barely understand the reaction and outrage when teapot lit into him on the sideline. Throwing things out like you would be nothing without TB. You would stink as a OC without TB. Who does he think he is to yell at TB. Seriously? While I think he should have done that in the locker room instead of on the sideline, I am sure it was called for.

I wanted to throw up last night when I actually agreed with Deion Sanders when he at least called Brady out to share in some of the problems the Offense was having. I rarely agree with the likes of him.

This is why the Patriots have not been able to develop any wide receivers and are barely even capable of  bringing in veterens that get on the same page as TB. You know what the TWO constants are in this equation? Tom Brady and the Offensive system. Had to bring Branch back. He played in the system. Went and got Fells and Hooman. Both played in the system. Had to go get Brandon Llyod. Played in the system. Went and got Amendola. Played in the system. Tried to get Salas. Played in the system. Chad Johnson, didn't play in the system before. Brady would not throw to him. Never saw the field. Julian Edelman never played in the system, did not like playing with him. Edleman was forced to play in 2009 playoffs because of WW injury and did quite well. He mysteriously barely saw the field for the next two entire seasons, even when healthy. Tory Holt, could not make the team, bet he did not click immediatley with TB either. He could not get on the same page as Galloway. Price and Tate, nope. Stallworth? Maybe. In 2007 he did not seemed to lose favor with TB for Gaffney. Moss and WW yep but seems to be far more no's then yes's. Since there are TWO constants they both have to share in some of the problem.

People freaked last week when I mentioned I did not think his complete game was sharp. I know fans focus ONLY on what they saw last. His great drive to get in FG range. People also inaccurately assumed that my meaning for sharp is only or simply his throwing. It is not, it is mental as well. Pulling out early from center? I am sure eveyone blames the center only. Not seeing or knowing where to get rid of the ball on the early safety blitz? I am sure fans blame it exclusively on the missed blocking assignment? Thowing a ball right into Darius's hands while trying to target Hooman. Luckily not intercepted, but I am sure everyone blamed someone else, probably Hooman, somehow. The three or four balls Brady threw in the dirt trying to target Thompkins. Clearly those must have have all been on Thompkins(face plam).

...or last nights game. Things like over throwing a wide open Edleman by like 12 yards on an easy TD? Basically over throwing Thompkins in the endzone when he had his man beat and making him dive for it. Throwing 4 consecutive balls behind Dobson? No not even talking about the one in the redzone where Dobson broke it outside and Tom was either expecting him to sit it down, catch it in stride, or break it inside. Dobson is NOT excused. He could have had two of those catches AND was slow to get his head around on another one as well. The pass leading to the sideline after Edleman had already clearly sat his route down, before TB looked like he had even released the ball? However, Geno Smith who is a rookie AND missed almost all his valueable time before the season with an injury working with his receivers was able to hit his rookie receiver deep down the field in stride. Tom in contrast made Dobson attempt a figertip grab falling forward. NOT blaming Tom, Dobson HAS to make that catch. Just pointing out the difference and that he is NOT the only QB to have to play with rookie WR's. 

Brady is the face of the franchise, the best player on the team, one of the best players to ever play the QB position. If you can not lean on him and hold him to the expected high standards of all three of those things then exactly who can you lean on? Everyone always wants to say Brady made this guy or made that guy. Fine, if Brady makes guys then get to it and make these young guys better instead of being a Waaahhh baby. Act like the leader you once were.

So BB please pull Brady in your office and please rip him a new one and remind him of those facts and also remind him that you are sticking with a youth movement and will continue to cram the young receivers down his throat so he should accept it and deal with it. ...and deal with it by talking to them on the sideline and exchanging what they all saw and what and why he wants what he does. Explaining that the mistakes are going to happen and the reps are good, even first time bad ones, but that they need to learn from those reps so the mistakes of the identical situation are not reocurring. Remind him that he should be doing that and not sitting down the oppostite end of the bench away from his young receivers throwing a Tantrum, acting like the baby the fans and media have allowed to be created.

Your free pass expires at next kickoff. Take a quick look in the mirror, now go lead!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: ONLY reason I forgive Brady

Brady Sucks

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Honestly, last night was one of the very few moments (ever) that I felt embarassed to be a fan of Brady's. I understand the screw ups and drops, but he is suppose to be a leader. Getting fired up is one thing, but temper tantrums like the ones he had last night made him look like a big baby.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Brady Sucks

LOL, brilliant Wink

Good to know I can always count on you Tcal!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Brady Sucks

lol

All of our player's suck

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Haha. Someone is a Waaahbaby ..... but it's not Tom.

Get over it. The guy chews out rookies. Ever been on a football field before? That's how it works.

Complaining about the couple of passes that were errant, out of nearly 40 is insane. Any player is going to make a couple mistakes. The announcers were spot on: the overwhelming majority of Brady's throws were right on target. The players weren't where they should have been or were dropping easily catchable balls, or worse, were not even playing with their head in the game. 

The rookies should be yelled at. That's what you do to rookies, especially when they are playing like they are clueless. They are so underprepard right now. Why are they on the sidelines staring into space after they just misran routes and had no idea what was going on? They should have been there with their positional coach, or a playbook, or snaps of the last set of downs, going over what they needed to do.

It's not your Qb's responsibility to 'coach' WRs. They are players like eveyone else. They have their own positional coaches they need to talk to on the sideline, and their own sideline routine. New England actually PAYS a person to coach WRs. His name is Chad O'Shea. They also pay Wr's to learn a playbook, which is what they should have been doing. If you need a cheerleader to come and force you to consult your positional coach or look at some glossies of what you did wrong, you've already quit. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Get over it. The guy chews out rookies. Ever been on a football field before? That's how it works.

Complaining about the couple of passes that were errant, out of nearly 40 is insane. Any player is going to make a couple mistakes. The announcers were spot on: the overwhelming majority of Brady's throws were right on target. The players weren't where they should have been or were dropping easily catchable balls, or worse, were not even playing with their head in the game. 

The rookies should be yelled at. That's what you do to rookies, especially when they are playing like they are clueless. They are so underprepard right now. Why are they on the sidelines staring into space after they just misran routes and had no idea what was going on? They should have been there with their positional coach, or a playbook, or snaps of the last set of downs, going over what they needed to do.

It's not your Qb's responsibility to 'coach' WRs. They are players like eveyone else. They have their own positional coaches they need to talk to on the sideline, and their own sideline routine. New England actually PAYS a person to coach WRs. His name is Chad O'Shea. They also pay Wr's to learn a playbook, which is what they should have been doing. If you need a cheerleader to come and force you to consult your positional coach or look at some glossies of what you did wrong, you've already quit. 

Z - come on. 

As you said, they are rookies.  They are the lowest rung on the team.  The coaches should be finding them.  Brady should be finding them.  If they are unprepared then they need to be coached up by the coaches and the QB. 

I totally disagree that its not a QB's job to coach WR's.  The relationship is symbiotic.  As I saw things, this wasn't necessarily playbook issues, this was read issues and small idiosyncracies.  I saw him yell at Edleman for not flaring out on a pattern that Edelman sat on.  I saw Brady mad at a receiver for not turning to the ball quickly enough.  I saw Brady sitting, pouting, yelling, but not helping when they were on the sidelines. 

Brady will improve his team and his offense (and it is his) by engaging his new young receivers at every opportunity.  The only caveat I would have to my comments is if Belichick specifically tells Brady not to bother - and I don't believe that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Brady was patient in Buffalo but I think he couldn't hold onto it anymore and erupted last night.  He needs to calm down just a tad because he comes off looking like an a--hole when he throws tantrums like that.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Outside of Edelman, where were there ANY experienced receivers on that squad last night?  Would any other QB, outside of possibly Peyton, have survived last night?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Outside of Edelman, where were there ANY experienced receivers on that squad last night?  Would any other QB, outside of possibly Peyton, have survived last night?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

No. When was the last time that every single starting position player at WR and TE were stripped from a team and replaced with all rookies and two backups?

It just doesn't happen. 

There were so many opportunities to turn the ball over last night on misrun routes, it's amazing that they got through it without having any interceptions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

How that 3rd and 1 lofted pass that floated over Dobson's head and out of bounds is Dobson's fault is a mystery to me.

Yesterday, in a 13-3 game, people were saying the defense sucks when the offense did Shat. I don't know why Brady cant coach guys up, it's annoying. He can only work with slot WRs and TEs?

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

LOL yeah and I would be happy to compare our coaching histories anytime you like.

I've actually coached in Gillette multiple times. Have you?

The best part is you act like I excused the WR's anywhere in my post. ANYWHERE?

But since you are following along making my point abount people discounting Toms own hard words about himself I am not sure how serious I should take anything you say.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

Honestly, last night was one of the very few moments (ever) that I felt embarassed to be a fan of Brady's. I understand the screw ups and drops, but he is suppose to be a leader. Getting fired up is one thing, but temper tantrums like the ones he had last night made him look like a big baby.

What was embarassing was the play of the receivers, running backs and tight ends (other than Edelman).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Let me interject something. It was a poor performance last night but weren't these receivers there from the beginning of training camp. All those catches Dobson made at Marshall don't mean a hill of beans in the NFL. I do believe when the receivers get more comfortable and Gronk and Amendola are back out things will be different. Gronk is huge for the red zone just as Amendola will be for moving the chains. The Patriots never usually play well against the Jets at home. now they have a week and a half to get it right against the Buccaneers because the first true test will be in Atlanta and cincy on consecutive weeks. Time will tell.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

How that 3rd and 1 lofted pass that floated over Dobson's head and out of bounds is Dobson's fault is a mystery to me.

Yesterday, in a 13-3 game, people were saying the defense sucks when the offense did Shat. I don't know why Brady cant coach guys up, it's annoying. He can only work with slot WRs and TEs?

Viva Ronaldo! Viva Ronaldo! Running down the wing, hear United sing! Viva Ronaldo! 

Who, on God's green earth, said the defense stunk? I mean the praise has almost been universal. They've managed, in two games, to outplay every single defense NE has fielded that last 5 or 6 seasons. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Because Dobson looked up too late.  His head was not in the play.  The ball landed not very far from his feet, all he had to do was step to the right and catch the ball.  He did not even try to jump up because he did not see the ball.  His problems a lot of time is he needs to look sooner, that should not even have to be taught.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What a steaming pile of whiney politically correct BS this garbage is. Here's a clue; Brady can scream at imbeciles trying to lose the game anytime he wants.  And while he's at it he should beech slap the GM that brought them here. LMAO@U

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Well stated.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Who, on God's green earth, said the defense stunk? I mean the praise has almost been universal. They've managed, in two games, to outplay every single defense NE has fielded that last 5 or 6 seasons. 

Before the Buchanon sack, the defense was getting the brunt of the blame. We can ask the biggest defense basher here in Babe, im sure he will sing praises for them.

Sections
Shortcuts