ONLY reason I forgive Brady

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: ONLY reason I forgive Brady

The guy shows emotion.  After the Butt-Butt in the end zone, who was the first to greet Dobson?  Brady with a big hug, truly excited for the score and my guess, for the player. 

Dumb recevier has all summer long to learn the playbook.  Turns left instead of right.  Stops instead of running.  Just fouls it up.  Yeah, Tom's going to light him up.

What should he do?  Bring him over a cup of Gatorade and tell him it's okay that he totally blew it?  Maybe order him a participation medal, a gold star for "Trying Really Hard"?  No.  Get it right, rookie.  Get it right.

People say that, to Tom, it's all about Tom.  Let me know when he's burying a hatchett in a guy for making a mistake when they're up by 21 in the fourth.  Then I'll believe you. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

I wonder how Gomer would have responded last night being in TB's place. How would Gomer respond being surrounded by one good slot receiver, zero TE's and a bunch of rookies who can't hold onto the ball. Gomer most likely wouldn't have responded any better than Brady, especially considering this has been going on for 2 weeks now.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Q: Tom Brady’s irritation was pretty obvious. Is there a point where a player can be counterproductive in his gestures to the team?

BB: I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him.

The end.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

It's not your Qb's responsibility to 'coach' WRs. They are players like eveyone else. They have their own positional coaches they need to talk to on the sideline, and their own sideline routine. New England actually PAYS a person to coach WRs. His name is Chad O'Shea. They also pay Wr's to learn a playbook, which is what they should have been doing. If you need a cheerleader to come and force you to consult your positional coach or look at some glossies of what you did wrong, you've already quit. 

Not sure if I would be happy if that's how they went about their business. That's what ordinary teams do. That's what ordinary QBs do. It was not the formula that helped him and the team a decade ago. I hate to bring this up, but it's probably not the approach that Peyton takes.

Like it or not, rookies will look to the franchise hero for leadership. Even more so when you have a legend for a QB. 

They, including TB, have to do more to prepare. They have to get their hands dirty. 

On your comment about learning the playbook: This comment does not take into consideration two very important things.

1) A lot of people learn by doing. No matter how much they read the playbook, they are not going to learn what's in it. If they have not learned it, that means they have not done it enough.

2) They need to be doing it with the QB who's going to throw during actual games.

3) Even if the rooks understood what they are supposed to do, the level of precision required to make their plays work, requires that they rehearse the plays a lot.

On paper the WR coach can teach the rooks what they need to. However, if this team is going to play at the level they want to, screaming on the sidelines is not going to help things. What's going to help is rolling up his sleeves and grinding it out during practice... with everyone, not just his binkies.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to zeitgeist49's comment:

I wonder how Gomer would have responded last night being in TB's place. How would Gomer respond being surrounded by one good slot receiver, zero TE's and a bunch of rookies who can't hold onto the ball. Gomer most likely wouldn't have responded any better than Brady, especially considering this has been going on for 2 weeks now.   

You do realize our 3 best offensive weapons are out with injuries right now, right?

Give me health with this offensive unit come January and they will do some damage.  The rookies will learn and will be helped out with the presence of Gronk, Amendola, and Vereen back on the field.  This is KT's 2nd, and Dobson's 1st professional game.  The opposition is putting their number 1 defenders on them right now. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

MORE THIS

LESS THIS

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

In response to NedNiederlander's comment:

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:

[QUOTE] 

Outside of Edelman, where were there ANY experienced receivers on that squad last night?  Would any other QB, outside of possibly Peyton, have survived last night?

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

/QUOTE]

No. When was the last time that every single starting position player at WR and TE were stripped from a team and replaced with all rookies and two backups? 

It just doesn't happen. 

There were so many opportunities to turn the ball over last night on misrun routes, it's amazing that they got through it without having any interceptions.

You're delusional. Gronk and Amendola out hurts for sure, but BB drafted two WRs by design. Another UDFA made the team.

Brady needed to be slapped because of bad habits he has developed since 2007.  A big part of Moss being dealt in 2010 was because Brady was still staring him down and  not learning to trust other WRs.

Not everyone is going to be a superstar.  Brady thinks he needs all superstars all the time.

It's unrealistic.  How many Brady dolls do you own? I mean, jesus, dude.

Last 3 AFC title games for Brady?

3 TDS, 7 INTs.

Why? His preferred offense with this preferred binkies FAILED.

Two SBs? FAIL.

SOme of you just don't get it and can't see it for what it is. It's like you have been watching a different Brady than I have the last few years.

/QUOTE]

Where is it said Brady needs "superstars" around him, Rusty?   YOU said that.  Brady, as with any other QB, needs players who "get it" and can make plays around him.  Right now, and as we saw last night, that is not happening.  You are the one making it all about Brady ALONE.  It is a TEAM game and quit blaming Brady for all the woes the Patriots TEAM has experienced these last few years to win another SB.

Give you credit for one thing:  consistency in your bashing of Brady day in and day out.

[/QUOTE]

I go by what I see. I am a very observant person and see things before they happen a lot of the time, so don't get all piszy at me. I have been seeing this stuff bubble up under the surface for years.   What I don't want is the future HOF QB showing bad judgement all the time.

Why would you if you are a fan of this team?

Even last week!  Why is he forcing a ball to a rookie TE into a tight window on the road with a 17-7 lead?

Bad choice even if Sudfeld should have gotten it.  It's a low % opportunity and not worth the risk.  Even if he does catch it, he'll get drilled by the CB from the other side. If I see that, Brady needs to see it.

[/QUOTE]

Are you mama juju or miss Cleo?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

LOW IQ makes a great point.    It's about leadership.  It used to come naturally to TB.

Pointing your finger and acting frustrated after several missed throws is wrong, plain and simple.  It is defensive...  Like "it's not my fault". . It's condescending, like " you idiot".   and it's disingenuous  like hey Tom we know you know that you could have made a better throw, decision, footwork, etc...

So really just clap your hand and move on to the next play.  Really  surprised he still does this.  The cameras are always on him too.  They love showing that crap.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

You BBWs are really awkward to watch these days.  You think you're always right just like Brady does.

Ned, grow up and stop calling people names! You are as bad as Brady was last night!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

So, basically, people are pi**ed b/c he chewed out two rookies?  Really?  Anyone play this game at any level?

Funny that the poster didn't post when both TB and BB got at Ridley during game one.  Ridley can fumble twice, and people are okay with his being yelled at and benched, but when Dobson dropped a perfectly thrown ball that should've begun a rout at home, someone starts a thread about TB?

He missed a few throws, yeah, but the fact that the Pats didn't turn the ball over in those conditions  is very much because of Brady.  How'd Geno do in that weather again?

Wait and watch as this team starts to get healthy.  In the meantime, next game is the Bucs at home.  It's practically a bye week right now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Rusty said:

There are some here who refuse to see these as an issue, smart people like you and I won't.

Nice, Rusty.  Only a couple "smart" people on this board, huh?  Is that a subjective or objective opinion?  I do question your objectivity.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to soups' comment:

So, basically, people are pi**ed b/c he chewed out two rookies?  Really?  Anyone play this game at any level?

Funny that the poster post when both TB and BB got at Ridley during game one.  Ridley can fumble twice, and people are okay with his being yelled at and benched, but when Dobson dropped a perfectly thrown ball that should've begun a rout at home, someone starts a thread about TB?

??? Wait and watch.  Wait and watch.

I've played - at a couple of levels, thanks.  I've also been in leadership positions for most of my life.  Chewing out someone is one thing - losing control is quite another, and it was pretty obvious that Brady lost control on a couple of occasions.  I'm not POed at him; I simply think he needs to avoid compromising himself like he did last night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

Why can't anyone understand that Brady HIMSELF admitted he needed to change. The 1st step to recover is acceptance. He's done that....move on!!!

"Don't touch my Leatherhelmet!!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Funny that the poster post when both TB and BB got at Ridley during game one.  Ridley can fumble twice, and people are okay with his being yelled at and benched, but when Dobson dropped a perfectly thrown ball that should've begun a rout at home, someone starts a thread about TB?

Yep, focusing on Brady is the wrong thing, he should be way down the list of things to worry about.  Brady is not the problem and there should not even be a debate that he is pretty good.  Calling him out like this seems way too reactionary to me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

[QUOTE]

I've played - at a couple of levels, thanks.  I've also been in leadership positions for most of my life.  Chewing out someone is one thing - losing control is quite another, and it was pretty obvious that Brady lost control on a couple of occasions.  I'm not POed at him; I simply think he needs to avoid compromising himself like he did last night.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, wasn't aimed at you, ATJ.  This thread started with a wall of text...one line would've sufficed.

At what point did he lose control?  That's what I don't get.  I might've missed something, but all I saw was Tom barking on the bench and after a missed route.  He's done that about 15 times in his career now.  He lit into Welker twice in two seasons, and got at Gronk in his first season.  No  one posted jack about that.

If people think that losing control is Brady barking at people on the bench, or getting mad b/c two receivers ran the wrong routes simultaneously, then what did they think of Rex losing control of his team down the stretch? Jets behaved like punks at the end of that game.  Fake an injury, cause a fracas.  Fines and/or suspensions coming for that team.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

Yep, focusing on Brady is the wrong thing, he should be way down the list of things to worry about.  Brady is not the problem and there should not even be a debate that he is pretty good.  Calling him out like this seems way too reactionary to me.

[/QUOTE]

Brady is the most accomplished of all the players there, but if this team is going anywhere, he is an integral part of how to fix the O.

Chewing out the rookie WRs is reactionary. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to scubber's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brady is the most accomplished of all the players there, but if this team is going anywhere, he is an integral part of how to fix the O.

Chewing out the rookie WRs is reactionary. 

[/QUOTE]

It does not look good on TV but non-issue to me in terms of football, happens all the time in every sport.  You can't convince me that changed the game in any significant way.  Again people are making too much about this.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

soups, it's all good here.  This is my opinion (and I'll own it) that Brady lost control when, instead of merely chewing out Dopson, KT or Edelman, he continued with a rant on the sideline.   I get that he needs to chew these guys out; it's good for 'em, builds character and makes 'em better players.  But the rants while walking off the field (I can recall 2 occasions), the sideline rants (at least 1 that I saw) and the petulant demeanor while on the bench were not helpful, again, in my opinion

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

there were occasions last night where, in my judgment, he lost control and went too far.

How do you know that he hasn't told these guys something several times and they keep doing the same things? Sometimes screaming is the only thing that reaches a real dunderhead.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I can't believe Brady has the nerve to think that a hall of fame quarterback should be surrounded by competent professionals. Shame on him. 

Brady should have been 100 percent on board with gutting the offense, lowballing impact players, fielding inexperienced rookies, drafting and signing players with injury histories, and hoping for the best.

If the NFL was a flea market Belichick would be the all time greatest. 

Unfortunately it's not. 

That said we have the gift of three early soft games and so far, we're 2-0. I'll take it, and the season is far from lost.

Sections
Shortcuts