Only team that can come close to beating Seattle is the 49ers !!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Only team that can come close to beating Seattle is the 49ers !!!

Yup, they did come close, but no cigar but at least the game was intense, exciting, competitive and the losing team could have won on its last possession. Other than seeing Manning humbled yesterday and obnoxious loud mouth Sherman on crutches, the SF-Seattle game was more like the Super Bowl should have been.

Why...both good defenses, both good offensive lines, both good receivers and both running quarterbacks. 

But with the above said about a mobile QB, SF would have won the past 2 years if they had Brady. Kaepernick's running got them to the finals,Ravens in SB, & Seattle in NFC title game this year but during crunch time Kap's passing did them in. He gets to the 5 yard line vs Baltimore and passes 4 times...why he did not run even once is beyond me and it might have opened up the defense for a completed pass.  And vs Seattle, he gets SF from the 20 yard line to the 18 with 1:25 on the clock and 3 time outs and on the 1st down tosses an Alley Oop almost like a Hail Mary in front of a 6'6" defender to Crabtree at 6'1"...stupid !!!  Harbaugh's fault too. And scoring a TD then with over a min on the clock and only 1 point behind would have given Seattle a chance for a winning field goal. That pass would have been OK for a last ditch 4th down gamble, not 1st down.

Brady would have won the last 2 Super Bowls for SF with Crabtree, Davis & Boldin( last year only) to whom to toss to.

I'd trade Kaepernick( 10 more years+) now even up to the Pats for Tom Brady(2-3 more years) and TB could retire in his home town, Santa Clara, with a new stadium & with his idol Joe Montana's team. So if Pats want a moblile QB who has failed to deliver in the clutch when passing is needed, go for it New England. And by the way, Brady is still more mobile than Manning and could run 5-10 yards with an opening when a 1st down is needed. OK, OK, re: Brady for Kap..I'm California Dreaming !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Only team that can come close to beating Seattle is the 49ers !!!

New Orleans gave them a decent game. Heck, Indy beat them (and San Fran). How did that happen?

Styles make fights.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

New Orleans gave them a decent game. Heck, Indy beat them (and San Fran). How did that happen?

Styles make fights.

[/QUOTE]

Yup,

I think the Pats match up a bit better vs Seattle than Denver does but we won't find out any time soon.

The NFC West is not playing AFC East next year , king of glad despite having a bit of curiosity how the Patriots would fair vs that division and the Seahawks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Arizona beat them in their own stadium, despite Carson Palmer throwing 4 INTS.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:

Arizona beat them in their own stadium, despite Carson Palmer throwing 4 INTS.....

I think the Cardnials defense helped win that game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to patsbandwagonsince76's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Styles make fights.

[/QUOTE]

Yup,

I think the Pats match up a bit better vs Seattle than Denver does but we won't find out any time soon.

The NFC West is not playing AFC East next year , king of glad despite having a bit of curiosity how the Patriots would fair vs that division and the Seahawks.

[/QUOTE]

Played them last year, 1-3 against the division although all three losses were close games. Winnable, but they didn't get it done.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Seattle went undefeated this year and were never in close games!

I'm just gonna start making things up.

Here, Pete Carrol built our Sb dynasty defense with Tebucky Jones as his sole contribution.

BB got lucky that Pete Carrol drafted Brady in 99

Signing corner stone players like Richard Seymour and Matt Light did nothing to fortify the trenches for 3 super bowl championships in 4 years. Neither did Ty Warren or Vince Wilfork, Ted Washington or Stephen Neal, or Dan Koppen. FA's like Rodney Harrison, and Mike vrabel didn't do much either. Neither did Corey Dillion, Branch, Givens, Patton, Graham, or Fauria.

BB isn't very good at his job.

Kraft will probably fire him!

There, bizzarro world complete!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here, Pete Carrol built our Sb dynasty defense with Tebucky Jones as his sole contribution.

Signing corner stone players like Richard Seymour and Matt Light did nothing to fortify the trenches for 3 super bowl championships in 4 years. Neither did Ty Warren or Vince Wilfork, Ted Washington or Stephen Neal, or Dan Koppen. FA's like Rodney Harrison, and Mike vrabel didn't do much either. Neither did Corey Dillion, Branch, Givens, Patton, Graham, or Fauria.

[/QUOTE]

I like how all those good players you mention weren't brought in over the last five years - which has been my point for the last several years - we haven't done anywhere near well enough bringing players in over that span. If you don't think half a decade is a long time in the NFL, you're wrong, that's a eternity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Defensively, how well have the Patriots done in addressing the pass rush and pass defense?

[/QUOTE]

Well we were 5th in the NFL in sacks, and 10th in pass defense with multiple key defensive injuries, so you tell me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I like how all those good players you mention weren't brought in over the last five years - which has been my point for the last several years - we haven't done anywhere near well enough bringing players in over that span. If you don't think half a decade is a long time in the NFL, you're wrong, that's a eternity.

I think his point is that certain people on this forum are now babbling on about how Carroll somehow built the SB teams which is even more ridiculous than claiming Parcells did.  If you're going to slam the GM for his work recently at least give the guy his due for what he actually did do (something that very few on this board are willing to do when bashing him) instead of telling us he has sucked forever and that others were responsible for his success.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think his point is that certain people on this forum are now babbling on about how Carroll somehow built the SB teams which is even more ridiculous than claiming Parcells did.  If you're going to slam the GM for his work recently at least give the guy his due for what he actually did do (something that very few on this board are willing to do when bashing him) instead of telling us he has sucked forever and that others were responsible for his success.

[/QUOTE]

^

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Collin Kaepernick is the real thing. He'll get a ring eventually.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to TheExaminer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably would have gotten it last year if they had let him run it at the end instead of trying to fool the Ravens. Harbaugh outsmarted himself at the end.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Defensively, how well have the Patriots done in addressing the pass rush and pass defense?

[/QUOTE]

Well we were 5th in the NFL in sacks, and 10th in pass defense with multiple key defensive injuries, so you tell me.

[/QUOTE]

8th in sacks (not 5th), and 30th in run D and 3rd down D, and 25th in total D, and allowed the 2nd worst total plays from scrimmage (right behind Dallas)

But, don't let those pesky little things called FACTS, get in your way, rusty jr.

So, YA, you kinda are making things up.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

[QUOTE]

Adam Jones had on a Seattle beatwriter tonight and the writer was making it clear that Schneider if the GM in Seattle.  The president of the Seahawks hired Carroll and then Schneider. Carroll had little to not say in who the GM was going to be.

People keep claiming Carroll is a GM just like they did with Parcells.   Our own fans just embarrass me sometimes.

[/QUOTE]

OK dope.  The HC doesn't hire the GM because the GM out ranks him.  The GM is an executive position and the HC is a coaching position.

The HC AND GM are equally responsible for who they bring in.  They are a partnership, but the GM can override the HC..

You wouldn't know this since BB only partners with himself, which is the problem and also the reason he will never "partner" with you.  So, just forget it.  Aint happening!

Our FAKE fans just embarrass me all the time.

Hey, did you hear TB and BB are at Pebble Beach this week?    BWAHAHAHA

Yup, the QB and the HC, just hanging out.

Burns you up inside, doesn't it?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Let's not over react.  For all we know Seattle will get a bad SB hangover and stink up the joint next year.  It wouldn't be the first time.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Probably would have gotten it last year if they had let him run it at the end instead of trying to fool the Ravens. Harbaugh outsmarted himself at the end.

He better improve a lot becasue he will never get as much support from the combination of a #1 offensive line, and #1 defesnive front 7 for the rest of his career. For one his own salary starting nexte year or the year after will force them to let go of talent.

Do agree he is a talent to be reconned with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

8th in sacks (not 5th), and 30th in run D and 3rd down D, and 25th in total D, and allowed the 2nd worst total plays from scrimmage (right behind Dallas)

But, don't let those pesky little things called FACTS, get in your way, rusty jr.

[/QUOTE]

4 teams had more sacks then the Patriots, that makes them 5th in sacks,  unless your using a new mathematical system the rest of us don't know about. And when you lose the best nose tackle in football and his very good back up, and a top 3 lber year in and out then your run game suffers. 

But that won't stop a weirdo like you. Bash away buddy.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

4 teams had more sacks then the Patriots, that makes them 5th in sacks,  unless your using a new mathematical system the rest of us don't know about. And when you lose the best nose tackle in football and his very good back up, and a top 3 lber year in and out then your run game suffers. 

[/QUOTE]

Well crusty. I'm looking at adjusted sack % which might have them 5th in # of sacks but 8th in sack %, due to the high amount of plays from scrimmage they allow.

High amount of plays from scrimmage from defense is not a good thing, in case you don't know.  It means they are not getting off the field.  Imagine that.

You see, # of plays matter.  Just like high/low possessions influence points scored, but we already know that's over your head.

Why should losing any players matter?  We all know BB has that bottom third of the roster, coached up.  Kraft said so.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well crusty. I'm looking at adjusted sack % which might have them 5th in # of sacks but 8th in sack %, due to the high amount of plays from scrimmage they allow.

High amount of plays from scrimmage from defense is not a good thing, in case you don't know.  It means they are not getting off the field.  Imagine that.

You see, # of plays matter.  Just like high/low possessions influence points scored, but we already know that's over your head.

Why should losing any players matter?  We all know BB has that bottom third of the roster, coached up.  Kraft said so.

[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from HomerHead. Show HomerHead's posts

They are both in Cap Hell. 

Thank you Bill Belichick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

By next year, the good coaches will have tow year's worth of tape on the Hawks. The league will catch up to them. I am guessing they finish the regular season wil fewer wins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

-- Richard Sherman lavishes rival with praise.

Yes, the Seahawks' cornerback said it late Sunday night, according to Sports Illustrated.

"The NFC championship was the Super Bowl," Sherman said. "The 49ers were the second-best team in the NFL."

That was the obvious takeaway from the Seahawks 43-8 victory over Denver. The NFC is the king conference, the NFC West is the premier division and the rivalry between the Seahawks and 49ers is the very best the game has to offer.

The 49ers were a shadow participant in the Super Bowl, a team that came within an outstretched finger of beating Seattle and facing Denver. With every achievement by the Seahawks, the 49ers had to be thinking, "That could have been us."

As a 49er fan (Pats fan 1st), I do think that the Seahawks and Niners were the NFL's two best teams this year, and I also think that the Niners would have beaten the Broncos if they had made it to the Super Bowl. My opinion for what it's worth.

Sherman has redeemed himself a bit in my eyes after his obnoxious behavior after thet beat SF.

Kap gets SF from the 20 yard line to the 18 with 1:25 on the clock and 3 time outs and on the 1st down tosses an Alley Oop almost like a Hail Mary in front of a 6'6" defender to Crabtree at 6'1"...stupid !!!  Harbaugh's fault too. And scoring a TD then with over a min on the clock and only 1 point behind would have given Seattle a chance for a winning field goal. That pass would have been OK for a last ditch 4th down gamble, not 1st down.

Sections
Shortcuts