Only way we dont dance in Texas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Only way we dont dance in Texas

The only way we don't Dance in Texas is because of injuries. If we are healthy we are going to Texas-Period-and I'm sick of listening to Suggs,(thuggs), your defense aint what it used to be brother, your on borrowwed time. Welcome to the the new and improved Patriots reloaded and a ton of picks in next draft,(sans Brady Patriots). I would welcome the Crows,(Ravens ), in Foxboro  for mthe the right to the Big Prize-Good luck Maryland-and shut up!! $th Super bowl for the genius and boy Wonder!!! GO PATS!!! Candy from a baby.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: Only way we dont dance in Texas

I completely agree. I'm glad you're thinking ahead because apparently, as fans we're not allowed to. PEOPLE WE'RE NOT IN THE LOCKER ROOM! It's their job to focus on the Packers and not look ahead.

The Chargers give me some worry because of their lethal offensive attack. If we have a bad day on defense, they'll run enough to show it and they'll pass, pass, pass. They have VJax back now and him paired with Gates will be a matchup nightmare. Not to mention, their defensive line will give us some issues. I know the weather is a huge factor so that just may be the tipping point for us to win by maybe 10.

In the NFC, I don't take anyone seriously besides perhaps the Saints. They have a short, quick-pass attack now like us except they have a bigger deep threat than we do. If Brees gets in a groove, he'll be tough to stop. I also heard somewhere that Payton saw something in how the Pats were using their tight ends, made the switch himself, and as a result they're on a long winning streak like we are. And the Saints are also capable of going to Atlanta and winning. Hell, I live in Atlanta and I know that if the Eagles or Saints come to town, their fan bases will absolutely take over the Dome.

I want to see Woody for MVP too!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Agree the saints are te best nfc team . No one in the AFC scares me, but the Saints are for real and I see them back in the bowl. And the Giants rush defense is for real. We make the the bowl with no major injories, especially at home. But the Saints and Giants defense would give us problems.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

A lot of people felt that way in 2007 too. Don't act like a Jets fan and think everything is won already. Any team can lose on any sunday, and this includes the Patriots. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brendon-Patrick. Show Brendon-Patrick's posts

I bet Drew Brees throws away a playoff game on his picks. Maybe they lose to Atlanta or Philly. The Saints scare me the most as a Patriots fan, although Atlanta is pretty tough too. Philly could be dangerous to matchup with but as long as McCourty is healthy I feel fine about containing DeSean Jackson and Vick. That would be really fun to watch, Pats vs. Eagles. Pats vs. Saints though? I think Sean Payton and Drew Brees would carve up New England again.Frown

In the AFC, Peyton with Austin Collie is also dangerous. Collie, Addai, Tamme, and Wayne are all fantastic players with guys like Garcon and Mike Hart to compliment very well, and every once in a while Donald Brown will make an impact. The Colts could be a problem although with them, I feel we know how to beat them and always have.

Pittsburgh was hurting when we played them; missing Aaron Smith was huge. He's one of the best defensive linemen in the game easily. Setting up the offense with a running game and play action would be much tougher in the playoffs assuming the Steelers are healthier by then. That scenario would allow for more of Rashard Mendenhall running the football and Big Ben wouldn't have to be forced into passing situations as much if playing against an even scoreboard. Also, Hines Ward missed almost the entire Patriots game, which probably really threw their preparation off. How often has Hines Ward missed most of a game? Not very often at all. I don't think he would miss a rematch.

Against the Jets or Baltimore, I'm confident. Completely. Jarrett Johnson while still tough is slowing down. Rob Gronkowski can handle him almost single-handedly. This is looking to me like Ray Lewis's last PRIME year atop the league in linebacker play. We can neutralize almost any defense with the options at tight end and the weaponry around them at the other skill positions. Ed Reed has made some plays already for sure since returning from injury, but he's also allowed for a few more plays to happen than normal, particularly in the Houston game. The Pats matchup well against those two teams, and I think they'd be able to handle Jacksonville, Miami, Kansas City, and Oakland fairly well.

San Diego might scare some fans, but I think we hold an advantage over them as well. The AFC SHOULD run through the Patriots this postseason, but we'll just have to wait and see. Injuries are big. The injuries to the defensive linemen scare me more than anything right now. And the secondary is looking thin with a reserve like Jonathan Wilhite on IR now.

We'll be fine though. My expectations have been since the summer to reach the AFC Championship at least. I think that's definitely attainable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to Only way we dont dance in Texas:
    The only way we don't Dance in Texas is because of injuries. If we are healthy we are going to Texas-Period-and I'm sick of listening to Suggs,(thuggs), your defense aint what it used to be brother, your on borrowwed time. Welcome to the the new and improved Patriots reloaded and a ton of picks in next draft,(sans Brady Patriots). I would welcome the Crows,(Ravens ), in Foxboro  for mthe the right to the Big Prize-Good luck Maryland-and shut up!! $th Super bowl for the genius and boy Wonder!!! GO PATS!!! Candy from a baby.
    Posted by jimmytantric

Hope you get to play against those thugs. They will make every attempt to take TB out and you'll be left with your mouths agape. Then complain for the next 5 years about it. Maybe forever since you can't let anything go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Only way we dont dance in Texas:
    In Response to Only way we dont dance in Texas : Hope you get to play against those thugs. They will make every attempt to take TB out and you'll be left with your mouths agape. Then complain for the next 5 years about it. Maybe forever since you can't let anything go.
    Posted by SNAZZYP

Do you root for any particular team, or are you just a negatively charged particle?

I'm curious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Don't act like a Jets fan and think everything is won already.

That should be added to the commandments. #11 anyone?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

If injuries are the only thing we have to worry about, maybe we should sit the starters after we lock up home field. (sarcasm)

Quit acting like a Jets fan and concentrate on the next game.  I also thought we would beat the Browns bt 21.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The Chargers are immature and overrated. And don't like cold weather. Really tired hearing about the Chargers every January.

Maybe if they didn't start 2-5 every year, they'd be a #1 seed for once?

As for "SnazzyP", he's a troll. It's unclear what team he roots for.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wildwillis. Show Wildwillis's posts

All I really have to say about Chargers is they are a joke, they have zero mental toughness and the last time I checked they have not beaten us in the playoffs in Foxboro (which is where all out playoff games will be played) and that division is pathetic and they are fighting for a spot, c'mon man! they are a one and done team if they even make it.
    For all you Jets fans who post here your only hope is that Baltimore wins, because your sorry team will score 2 more touchdowns this year and both will come against Buffalo, and you will proabably lose that game too and let the Colts sneak in the back-door to the playoffs. 
    Barring injury I would agree that the Pats are a lock for Texas and I don't think that there is an NFC team that can beat us.  So pencil in another ring for the Pats and for all the people who disagree.... talk to me in February.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I don't have anyone at all rated close to the Patriots at 15.2 wins out of 16 if the season started fresh tomorrow.   

Pitt is a 12.0 power rating and Baltimore is 11.1   San Diego is 10.6, so Baltimore at San Diego would be a good game if San Diego can get into the playoffs.  After that, the stench in the AFC is noticeable.  New England has to play someone, best guess Baltimore, in the divisional round.

The best team in the NFC, at least by my statistics, is Green Bay.  Unfortunately Clay Matthews is playing like he's long-term injured (he couldn't defend against the run to save his life last week), Charles Woodson is playing like he's long-term injured, the Packers lost 13 other guys to injured reserve, and Aaron Rodgers would probably play like Matt Flynn if he took the field, given that he hasn't even looked at video this week.  So much for stats accumulated earlier in the season.

Right next to Green Bay are the real NFC teams, the Giants, Philly and Atlanta.  I would shrug and give it to Atlanta because they have homefield advantage.  However, Atlanta has the same pesky issue that New England has.  The best wildcard team will be the third best team in the conference, and they will probably show up at Atlanta's door in the first game that Atlanta plays. 

I expect Pitt at Foxboro for the AFC title, unless possibly the #6 seed (TBA) beats the #3 seed (TBA) and then Baltimore goes to Pitt. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Alas, post season start anew and anything goes....everyone is 0-0.

There are still some games left, and I want to see:

The patriots stay injury free for the remainder of the year
    the defense continues to improve

Once the playoff start:
    need to protect brady and score early, and continue to score often.
    We still need turnovers

If Brady has a bad day against a qb like Brees...or we have another game like cleveland....we may find ourselves on the short end of the stick.

Sections
Shortcuts