OPEN LETTER TO COACH BELICHICK

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

OPEN LETTER TO COACH BELICHICK

Dear Mr. Belichick .

In BB We Trust .

( thought I'd start by getting that out of the way )

You've taken an offense in flux and a defense filled with question marks and managed to whip them into the undisputed best team in football .

Nice.

I've got a small favor to ask.

Now that you've secured home field advantage and only a meaningless game remains ...

Is it possible to sit Tom ?

( and Wes  ,  Deon , Vince , Jerod , and Devin ? ) 

I understand that players will have ample time to recharge their batteries after week 17 ( play-off bye ) and obviously you can't sit 20+ guys  , but is it possible to just rest the key players ?

I'm sure Julian would appreciate some extra reps and Taylor Price would probably enjoy a chance to try on a jersey .

And oh yah , a loss next week to the visiting Dolphins would gaurentee that the incoming Raiders pick will move one more slot up the draft ladder 
    ( addition by subtraction ? )

Well...

I've said my peace . 

Whatever you decide ~

Us fans will back you *

Yours Truly ,

PATS FAN

* see opening statement

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: OPEN LETTER TO COACH BELICHICK

although i dont believe you should sit all the key guys..i think it would be smart to sit any guys that are ailing, shut them down and get them some good rest. i think this team practices well enough that with the time they have with the bye they would be fine. get deadrick, pryor, mccourty? branch, and sit them out so they can come into the playoffs 100%.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i think we should start brady and then put in hoyer mid way through the 2nd quarter.  he needs the reps and it would be nice to give brady a rest to make sure he is 100% for the playoffs.  MCourty should also be rested, bruised ribs could be a problem come playoffs, and i would like to see him healed.  I think we need guyton and the rest of our ILB's continue to work so we can see if we should play spikes come playoffs or not.  let taylor, endelman, moore, and price get some reps. No reason to risk top players on a game that doesn't matter we don't need another incident like last season with what happened with welker right before the playoffs (Knock on wood) we should remove all major starters after the 1st half. (Brady, Welker, branch, wilfork, warren, gronk, hernandez, mankins, vollmer, brace, McCourty, arrington, Chung, meriweather, etc.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

if miami wins we get a better oakland pick! sounds good to me! no use getting top players beat up for a game that doesn't matter, especially if by losing we can get a better player who can help us bring championships for the next 5-6 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

Never a good idea to shut things down completely.  Play all healthy players and keep the momentum rolling, at least for a half. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: OPEN LETTER TO COACH BELICHICK:
    [QUOTE]Never a good idea to shut things down completely.  Play all healthy players and keep the momentum rolling, at least for a half. 
    Posted by Wazzu-wheatfarmer[/QUOTE]

One need only point to the Colts' demise after resting key players leading up to the playoffs.  I'd like to see the starters go for at least the first half, too.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Just what we need. Play to lose going into the playoffs. Thank goodness BB doesn't have a losing attitude. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from southnpatsfan. Show southnpatsfan's posts

Do you think for one minute any of the starters want to sit, these guys have busted their butts all season and now are starting to smell blood, rotate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriot54too. Show patriot54too's posts

[QUOTE]i think we should start brady and then put in hoyer mid way through the 2nd quarter.  he needs the reps and it would be nice to give brady a rest to make sure he is 100% for the playoffs.  MCourty should also be rested, bruised ribs could be a problem come playoffs, and i would like to see him healed.  I think we need guyton and the rest of our ILB's continue to work so we can see if we should play spikes come playoffs or not.  let taylor, endelman, moore, and price get some reps. No reason to risk top players on a game that doesn't matter we don't need another incident like last season with what happened with welker right before the playoffs (Knock on wood) we should remove all major starters after the 1st half. (Brady, Welker, branch, wilfork, warren, gronk, hernandez, mankins, vollmer, brace, McCourty, arrington, Chung, meriweather, etc.)
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

"if we should play spikes come playoffs or not."  Wow, thank God you have no say in the matter.  That comment just takes the cake for sheer misguidedness.
    Spikes will be playing...count on it.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Dear Coach B:

Do whatever you think is best.  It probably is.  I have NO clue, since I don't coach, hang around the team, know the guys, or study much football history.  Thanks for getting us this far.  Nice work, a MUCH nicer year to be a Pats fan than last year was, what a HUGE change!  I remember after the Colts loss how everyone said the NFL had caught up to you and that the team wasn't very good.  And the Jets now ruled the AFC East.  Wow, short time but BIG change to where we are now.  Nice work, thanks again.  

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

My guess is that BB will rest the guys who really need it--but everyone else will play.  He's not going to take a game off like the Colts did . . . 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

They tried that in 05 and that didn't work out too well did it?  I say he goes at least a half.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

That's interesting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lafnboy. Show lafnboy's posts

yeah, let miami win at the razor....dumbest thing i ever heard.give the hated fish a win in our house. thank god you are not the coach!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I don't believe you can rest these guys for three whole weeks. See: Denver choking at home to Jacksonville in 1996 after resting their starters for the last TWO weeks of the regular season. Also see Indy choking at home against Pittsburgh in 2005 and San Diego in 2007 after starting to rest guys in Week 16, too. Last year, it didn't really cost the Colts because they got to the Super Bowl; however, Indy also benefited, once again, from avoiding San Diego (their kryptonite team) on the road to the Super Bowl because the Jets knocked them off in the divisional round (like the Pats had done it for them in 2006).

I think the starters will play into the 3rd quarter. The Welker thing was a terrible situation last year, but it also was a fluke thing. In 2003, with nothing to play for, BB went all out against the Bills in Week 17 (he even put the starting defense back into the game in the final 2 minutes to preserve the 31-0 shutout); and in 2004, with no hope of getting the #1 seed but with #2 sewn up, he had the starters pretty much play the entire game against a bad SF team in Foxboro (good thing, too, because they were sluggish that day and needed the work, obviously). In 2007, the 16-0 regular season was at stake, so it was a no-brainer that he was going to go all out to win that last regular season game against the NYG.

Also, we all know that BB is a student of the game's history, and I think the opportunity to go 14-2 or better for the 4th time in 8 seasons will be enticing to him (not sure if any team in NFL history has ever done that).

I would, however, make sure that any player listed as "questionable" sits next Sunday. It's far too important that those guys get healthy for what surely will be a tough AFC playoff gauntlet.

I'd also like to see Fred Taylor get at least 15 touches on Sunday: I believe he can still help the team in the post-season (fresh legs are key in January, and Fred's got them).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

Bill will not sit these players out, startes will get playing time up until the 3rd qtr I think

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

You play everybody who is able.We can still improve on both sides of the ball. And you play to win. Then you let the chips fall where they may. I'm a big believer in momentum.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

I appreciate all the well thought out comments , but for me ~
    It comes down to risk vs reward .
      Is keeping momentum going / staying sharp worth the risk of suffering a devastating injury to key player(s) ?

Personally , I think an extra 4 quarters of play in a meaningless game is not going to be a difference maker
    ( unless it's in a negative way due to injury ) 

Right now , we're a bit bang-ed up but are close to having the full compliment of key players ready to go ( Hernandez being the lone question mark )

I'd prefer to up the odds that we keep it that way .

And to the commentor that finds disdain in taking a dive to the 'phins  -
    because they are  hated rivals ... 

Really ...hated 'rivals ?
    ( what is this 1986 ? )

I'm NOT saying play the game to lose ...I'm saying play it with role players instead of stars and IF we lose ...no biggie.

I M O : 
    If key players can be spared potential injury AND we move up a spot in the first round in front of our hated rivals ...

win / win 

So our record goes from 14 to 13 wins , WHO CARES ? 

Stats are for Los...

You know the rest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

If you read the posts, it's NOT about records.  It's about keeping your foot on the gas, your team sharp, and keeping it real.  Every week, the team plays to WIN.  If they continue, and succeed, they will eventually play in and win the Superbowl.  THEN they can rest.  Before that, backing off/slacking off is historically proven dangerous.  That is why most of us are against it.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]i think we should start brady and then put in hoyer mid way through the 2nd quarter.  he needs the reps and it would be nice to give brady a rest to make sure he is 100% for the playoffs.  MCourty should also be rested, bruised ribs could be a problem come playoffs, and i would like to see him healed.  I think we need guyton and the rest of our ILB's continue to work so we can see if we should play spikes come playoffs or not.  let taylor, endelman, moore, and price get some reps. No reason to risk top players on a game that doesn't matter we don't need another incident like last season with what happened with welker right before the playoffs (Knock on wood) we should remove all major starters after the 1st half. (Brady, Welker, branch, wilfork, warren, gronk, hernandez, mankins, vollmer, brace, McCourty, arrington, Chung, meriweather, etc.)
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Spikes WILL play. But as for most LBs he is in for certain packages. That will mean a fair amount of time but the more the opponent is forced to the air the more Guyton and/or DB come in in their packages.

Sections
Shortcuts