OROY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: OROY

In Response to Re: OROY:
    ALF - NOT NECESSARILY, BUT THERE IS EVIDENCE OF FAVORABLE CALLS FOR THE PATS.  QUICK QUESTION - IF I SEE YOU AS UNWILLING AND UNABLE TO FAULT THE PATS FOR ANYTHING, SHOULD I CALL YOU OBJECTIVE OR UBER-HOMER?
    Posted by underdoggg

IF I had a history of putting put up hundeds of posts, each and every one applauding the pats, never finding fault, arguing over anything negative said about them and "seeing" evidence that no-one else sees, then, yes, I would also be an uber-homer.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: OROY : UM - I CALLED THAT PHANTOM AT THE TIME IT HAPPENED IN THE GAME THREAD.  CONVENIENTLY THE MODS CHOSE TO DELETE ME. THAT FOOT WAS THE SECOND TO COME DOWN.  THE FIRST WAS INSIDE THE 30 AND BY THE TIME SECOND CAME DOWN, THE REST OF FAULKS BODY INCLUDING THE BALL LOOKED LIKE THEY WERE AT ABOUT THE 29.  I'LL TAKE THE REFS DECISION.  HE WAS RIGHT THERE AND NO ONE QUESTIONED HIM - AS ENOCHROOT SAYS.
    Posted by underdoggg

Forward progress in based on the second foot to come down, not the first.

"No one" questioned the call? Were the colts going to question it? The replay officials couldn't question it and the pats couldn't, so who else are you including in "no one"?

See some of the other threads on the board, like "simms take". Collingsworth, Sapp and Simms all studied it from every angle and concluded it was a first down, as did Eisen, Deion and Marriucci.

So, it seems that acctually everyone is questioning the call rather that no one as you maintain.

Just face the facts, dogg. The refs were in the bag for the colts last week just as they've been for the past three years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

He did play well vs Freeney and Freeney admitted it.  That said, the refs let him hold Freeney.  You could see it in the game.
    Posted by underdoggg

BS AND YOU KNOW IT.  The sad part about what you said, is that even FREENEY himself credited the young man with playing an outstanding game...  DEAL WITH IT.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Underdogg is acting like a POS so just ignore him. Back to teh subject at hand, Percy Harvin is 100% the rookie of the year thus far. I like Vollmer but he didnt start from game one and Harvin did and harvin has made some really great plays and been one of farve best targets all year long. He is clearly the rookie of teh year so far.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Agreed, Harvin hands down.  Now KILLA, here is a valid reason for you to hate CHILDRESS.  Harvin was set to be wearing the RW&B until CHILDRESS got word of it and snatched him.  Start the tirade now LOL...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Has an offensive lineman ever won this thing?

It could be local bias, but Harvin looks like the choice.

Hopefully he won't be "dehydrated" for the award ceremony (if there is one).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I wonder if Harvin will celebrate before the ceremony or have the willpower to wait until afterwards.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Harvin can smoke a big fatty all he wants, heck I will smoke with him.

There was no real evidence that the pats wanted Percy Harvin but man do I wish we had. We could have had him and Chung but we would have lost either Vollmer or Butler and those two guys will be corner stones for years to come so I am glad we got 3 for the price of one instead of just snagging Percy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Harvin can smoke a big fatty all he wants, heck I will smoke with him. There was no real evidence that the pats wanted Percy Harvin but man do I wish we had. We could have had him and Chung but we would have lost either Vollmer or Butler and those two guys will be corner stones for years to come so I am glad we got 3 for the price of one instead of just snagging Percy.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

Yes there is.  I'll try to look up the article and post it here for you.  Just promise not to tear up when you read it.  The plan was to groom him to take over for Faulk when he's done, plus his other WR duties...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Show me this proof! I demand it! lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from arodrambone. Show arodrambone's posts

I heard that too, and Childress defended the pick by saying he stole Harvin from BB's grasp.

Jacksonville's 2010 2nd rounder, along with Butler and Tate, make up the bulk of the equation of what we gave up for the 23rd pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Posted by MVPKilla2009

Ask and you shall receive.  More to follow:

Last T&R

Did Vikings steal Harvin from Patriots?

Views
    Comments

Chad O'Shea, who was a Vikings offensive assistant for three years before joining the New England Patriots as their wide receivers coach in February, might have inadvertently helped Minnesota get Florida wide receiver Percy Harvin with the 22nd overall pick in the first round of the NFL draft. The Patriots worked out Harvin the day after Vikings coach Brad Childress visited him and indicated to Harvin they would draft him. "New England was right in there. They were right behind us [with the 23rd pick]," Childress said. "No, they didn't think we'd take him [because of off-the-field] issues. Remember, they have our receivers coach there now. So they thought they could hold ... and he'd come to them. "They were down there working him out the day after I was there. And [Harvin] wasn't supposed to tell anybody, and I was trying to pull that out of him, who that was. So, it was a little cat-and-mouse game that occurred."

Minneapolis Star Tribune

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yea but The Pats never confirmed that they wanted to draft him so its just speculation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Yea but The Pats never confirmed that they wanted to draft him so its just speculation.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009

You honestly think that the organization is going to admit that got jobbed by CHILDRESS.  BTW, the same of lack of confirmation or denials took place in April 2007.  Next thing you know, "THIS JUST IN: THE NE PATRIOTS HAVE JUST TRADED A 4TH ROUND DRAFT PICK TO THE OAKLAND RAIDERS FOR MERCURIAL WR RANDY MOSS". 

I'm not done providing data though.  Just for you!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Has an offensive lineman ever won this thing? It could be local bias, but Harvin looks like the choice. Hopefully he won't be "dehydrated" for the award ceremony (if there is one).
    Posted by prairiemike

no, never

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Posted by MVPKilla2009

more on that same conversation...

Keep in mind, that it was our own WR coach who provided this information regarding interest.  So far, there's enough here for a "civil" proceeding (more likely than not).

Patriots, others were hoping to land Harvin

Vikings coach Brad Childress believed the Patriots would grab the Florida star at No. 23 but beat them to it.

Last update: April 27, 2009 - 12:18 AM

Chad O'Shea, who was a Vikings offensive assistant for three years before joining the New England Patriots as their wide receivers coach in February, might have inadvertently helped Minnesota get Florida wide receiver Percy Harvin with the 22nd overall pick in the first round of the NFL draft.

The Patriots worked out Harvin the day after Vikings coach Brad Childress visited him and indicated to Harvin they would draft him.

"New England was right in there. They were right behind us [with the 23rd pick]," Childress said. "No, they didn't think we'd take him [because of off-the-field] issues. Remember, they have our receivers coach there now. So they thought they could hold ... and he'd come to them.

"They were down there working him out the day after I was there. And [Harvin] wasn't supposed to tell anybody, and I was trying to pull that out of him, who that was. So, it was a little cat-and-mouse game that occurred."

After the Love Boat incident and other such past Vikings problems, O'Shea no doubt didn't believe Zygi Wilf and his family would allow the team to draft Harvin, who certainly had some baggage that scared off other teams.

Then Childress learned by talking to his former boss, Philadelphia coach Andy Reid, that other teams were trying to move into the Eagles' draft spot at No. 21 to get Harvin.

"So it's interesting, the things you find out after the fact, who was moving, who was shaking," Childress said.

Made decision early

Harvin was so impressive in the workout of 30 players the Vikings held at Winter Park a couple of weeks ago that the decision was made to take him in the first round if there weren't further concerns about his character.

Childress also liked Harvin's versatility, saying Florida coach Urban Meyer told him, "I'm not no sure he's not our best tailback."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick4Colts. Show Rick4Colts's posts

In Response to Re: OROY : Don't even try to act like the Darius Butler pass interference call was in any way correct. And the Patriots don't "Benefit" unless it's a call or an exception that's only made for them (like pass interference and illegal contact).  I'm amuse that you honestly believe that, for EIGHT straight quarters against the Patriots, their defense hasn't even touched a Patriots receiver downfield. When it came down to a "50/50" call, it went in the Colts' favor (4th and 2 was marked by a ref that couldn't have seen when Faulk secured the ball, while the umpire helped cover Welker; Butler's call went to the Colts, while no PI call was made on the corner covering Moss in the endzone for making the same amount of contact as Butler which is a double standard). I'd LOVE to see the Patriots benefit from a call against the Colts.  Never going to happen.  The Patriots have to play perfect football because they won't get bailed out on drives with 31 yard pass interference calls.  At this point, it's just a fact of life that they're going to have to live with Even the NFL's own website is tacit admission of the wrongfulness of the Butler call: http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/passinterference Note 1:  If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference.  Note 2:  Defensive players have as much right to the path of the ball as eligible offensive players. 
    Posted by NickC1188
    when ever I see ref calls talked about by patriot fans... I can not get passed that dam tuck rule... sorry Raider fans... worse call in play off history

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sodiumpentothal. Show sodiumpentothal's posts

Posted by MVPKilla2009

One mo for ya!  Oops, that may have presented as ethnic.  My bad, errr excuse me for that I mean.  LMFAO...

Vikings proud of Harvin theft

The NFL Draft is full of moments where a slight of hand and quick thinking allow a team to “steal” a player before a rival is able to select them, and this year was no exception.

According to the Minneapolis Star-Tribune, the Vikings apparently feel that they “stole” WR Percy Harvin from the Patriots, who were set to select him one pick later than Minnesota. Typically, teams try to not reveal who they prefer to take in the draft, but Vikings head coach Brad Childress was successful in extracting that bit of information from Harvin, who had been told by New England that he was their guy.

“New England was right in there. They were right behind us [with the 23rd pick],” Childress said. “No, they didn’t think we’d take him [because of off-the-field] issues. Remember, they have our receivers coach there now. So they thought they could hold … and he’d come to them.

“They were down there working him out the day after I was there. And [Harvin] wasn’t supposed to tell anybody, and I was trying to pull that out of him, who that was. So, it was a little cat-and-mouse game that occurred.”

Given the fact that the two teams play in opposite conferences, the likelihood of any bad blood between the two is fairly slim. But there’s no doubt that both teams will remember to keep their pre-draft feelings to themselves next time around, to prevent anything like this from happening in the future.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In Response to Re: OROY : when ever I see ref calls talked about by patriot fans... I can not get passed that dam tuck rule... sorry Raider fans... worse call in play off history
    Posted by Rick4Colts

You would rather the refs ignored the rule(Tuck RULE) completely and call it there own way? Yep you must be a Colts fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Just a continued reminder amongst the fog that, in fact, the pats do benefit from calls.  And Root the fog seems to be most dense in your neighborhood.
    Posted by underdoggg

Dense, hmm, interesting concept. Like going to a Pats board all week trying to convince the locals that the Colts earned a W. 

Is that the kind of dense you mean?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: OROY : Forward progress in based on the second foot to come down, not the first. "No one" questioned the call? Were the colts going to question it? The replay officials couldn't question it and the pats couldn't, so who else are you including in "no one"? See some of the other threads on the board, like "simms take". Collingsworth, Sapp and Simms all studied it from every angle and concluded it was a first down, as did Eisen, Deion and Marriucci. So, it seems that acctually everyone is questioning the call rather that  no one as you maintain. Just face the facts, dogg. The refs were in the bag for the colts last week just as they've been for the past three years.
    Posted by unclealfie

And, as Ron Pereira noted, forward progress is given from when the player has control and is in contact with the defender, not when one or two feet are down.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: OROY : You would rather the refs ignored the rule(Tuck RULE ) completely and call it there own way? Yep you must be a Colts fan.
    Posted by TrueChamp

+1. Great comeback.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: OROY : And, as Ron Pereira noted, forward progress is given from when the player has control and is in contact with the defender, not when one or two feet are down.
    Posted by EnochRoot

In an effort to help your future bad call claims, you may want to refer to the head of nfl officiating correctly.  you've made your mistake nearly half a dozen times.  His name is Mike Pereira.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Root - for your arguements about calls to be more effective, I suggest using the correct name for the head of nfl officiating.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Root - for your arguements about calls to be more effective, I suggest using the correct name for the head of nfl officiating.
    Posted by underdoggg

Why he is just a figure head. He goes on NFL Nwtk and agree's with every call in question. It is comical watching that segment. Might as well call him Ron Burgundy!

Sections
Shortcuts