Orson Charles

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeffab. Show jeffab's posts

Orson Charles

Orson Charles, TE out of Georgia, was just busted for a DUI.  Obviously not a very bright thing to do in general, especially if you are under such scrutiny prior to the NFL draft.  I know we all get sick of names being thrown out every day on this board, but what else is there to talk about?  Charles is the #1 TE prospect, though he's currently pegged as a 2nd round pick.  Do you see this dramatically affecting his draft position?  If so, any chance he falls far enough so the Pats might consider using a 3rd-4th round pick on him as a 3rd TE option?  I know there are lots of other needs, but we saw what happened when Gronk got hurt last year.  With another TE option, it allows more possibilities for using Hernandez.  Just a thought.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: Orson Charles

Good question.  I don't think a DUI will knock him out of the 2nd round completely but if Aaron Hernandez fell to the 4th round because of smoking some pot in college then I guess it's possible and it wouldn't surprise me if BB takes a look.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

I'd have no problem if the Pats took him in round 3....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If he gets knocked to the late 3rd I would grab him. We'd have 3 starting caliber TE's for a 2 TE set which would be ideal.

However, it's only a DUI. It's completely stupid a month and half away from the draft but at worst this should only make him flip spots with Fleener. He'll still be a 2nd rounder just might be more towards the mid-back then at the top of the 2nd

Sections
Shortcuts