Osi, Elvis and Freeney

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Osi, Elvis and Freeney

All have the same agent. Seems there is some collusion between 3 teams to sign with the Falcons, Phins and Broncos. Seems that leaves Abe's to the next team in line. Is that the Pats? Word is Abe's has an offer from the Pats, but is still looking. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Osi, Elvis and Freeney

In response to rkarp's comment:

All have the same agent. Seems there is some collusion between 3 teams to sign with the Falcons, Phins and Broncos. Seems that leaves Abe's to the next team in line. Is that the Pats? Word is Abe's has an offer from the Pats, but is still looking. 

is this anything like "Willie, Mickey and the Duke" ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I would rather have Abraham then any of them. Dumervil would be too much coin and commitment. I think Abe and BB have a hand shake agreement in place, but are waiting for whatever reason(perhaps the draft?)

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

They each will sign with whomever offers them the most guaranteed money.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I believe there is an offer and I believe if Dumervil returns, they can't afford Freeney or Abraham.

I also believe Abraham wants to play here in NE. It's been rumored that is such and I also feel BB knows this.

Further, I warned that Dumervil was more conxcerned about his previous salary and would shop himself to he hilt, which hurts Denver and will actully end up hurting Baltimore.

Balt just walked from Ellerbe at 8 mil, but they think Dumeril is a good 3-4 OLB? 

When it shakes down, I think it might be like this:

Dumervil to Balt (3-4 D)

Freeney to Denver (4-3 D)

Osi to Atlanta (4-3 D)

Abraham to NE (4-3 base and quality rusher in reduced snaps)

Why the hell does it have to be like this? Why do we have to end up with the oldest and cheapest guy? We need the pass rush more than any of those teams you have listed, yet we are getting the oldest and cheapest alternative in this list. And I can see it unfolding just like this too...the team in salary cap hell gets Dumervil. The team that cuts Abraham ends up with Osi (who is pretty good at getting after the QB). Freeney goes to Denver and we get old man Abraham. I know he had more sacks than Freeney, but people out of Atlanta say he only gets sacks against crap teams and is a total dud in big games, against good competition.

Don't get me wrong, if Abraham was younger he'd be my first choice, but now? Nope. Not a big fan of Freeney either at this point. Give me one of the other two.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

None of these guys are game changers at this stage. Dumervil had 3 sacks more than Nink, and he's not as good against the run. Is that worth an oversized contract?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

None of these guys are game changers at this stage. Dumervil had 3 sacks more than Nink, and he's not as good against the run. Is that worth an oversized contract?

I don't think there's any evidence to suggest Nink is better against the run, and there is no comparison in the pass rush department. I think these "oversized" contracts shouldn't always be treated like it will destroy your team. In fact some of these guys that receive oversized contracts make the players around them much better. A guy like Dumervil could help this football team - he could make a guy like Jones receive the single blocking he needs....he could help our corners not have to cover so long. Pass rushers don't grow on trees.

If Ozzie Newsome is interested in this guy, you know he can play.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Out of the 3 I would prefer Abraham. I too think Elvis goes back to Denver.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

It looks they are looking hard at Freeney, more than Abraham.  Abraham maybe a smoke screen.

"The Denver Broncos had pass rushers Dwight Freeney and John Abraham in town last Thursday as a fallback plan in case Elvis Dumervil flew the coop.

Now that Dumervil has chosen the Baltimore Ravens, the Broncos are turning their attention back to the two aging veterans.

A source close to the situation told NFL Network's Michelle Beisner on Sunday that the Broncos are "making a hard push" for Freeney.

Freeney -- who is represented by Dumervil's agent Tom Condon -- is the team's first choice, according to The Denver Post's Mike Klis. In a bizarre twist, Klis had reported just moments before on Twitter that the Broncos are "expected to focus" on Abraham, with Freeney as a fallback option.

While Abraham has been more productive over the past three years, Freeney is two years younger and might have an "in" with former long-time Indianapolis Colts teammate Peyton Manning."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153223/article/dwight-freeney-john-abraham-on-broncos-radar

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Out of the 3 I would prefer Abraham. I too think Elvis goes back to Denver.

Well I whiffed on this one.  Still hope they land Abraham.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I lean towards Abraham.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beantowne. Show Beantowne's posts

The number of sacks is misleading. Dumervil did so against double teams in combination with linebackers coming off the edge. The key to a good pass rush having multiple players that command double teams. Our current defense aside from Wilfork who rarely is on the field on passing downs, lacks players that command double teams and consistently beat their man in one on one situations. Thus nessecitating that we send mulitple linebackers/safties to get pressure.

The pass rush is all about the numbers the offense has 5 lineman, a tightend and a back or two "max coverage"...That's 7 or 8 blockers, the defense in a base 4-3 or 3-4 has 7 rushers toss in the strong safety that's 8 = stalemate...What changes that dynamic is when the offense has to double one of the ends or interior lineman.

Nink's a gamer, not a game changer. Not sure that any of those that are now free agents are in that class either. In the end what they needs is a dynamic edge rusher who along with Wilfork tilts the math and the result is that we'll get sustained pressure without needing to blitz...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from viewer222. Show viewer222's posts

when you look at the Pats choices at Dl and LB it becomes very clear that the pats no.1 priority in the draft is a fast LB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to viewer222's comment:

when you look at the Pats choices at Dl and LB it becomes very clear that the pats no.1 priority in the draft is a fast LB

We just spent four years rebuilding our linebacker core...trying to make it faster and more atheltic from the Bruschi years. Mayo (top ten pick), Hightower (first round pick), Spikes (Second round pick), and if you consider Chandler Jones a guy that may play a bit as an outside hybrid type in a 34 (he too was a first round pick).

I don't think linebacker is all that high on their list at this point - I mean you never know - but I would think they are either going receiver, defensive lineman, corner, guard or even running back.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

In response to viewer222's comment:

We just spent four years rebuilding our linebacker core...trying to make it faster and more atheltic from the Bruschi years. Mayo (top ten pick), Hightower (first round pick), Spikes (Second round pick), and if you consider Chandler Jones a guy that may play a bit as an outside hybrid type in a 34 (he too was a first round pick).

I don't think linebacker is all that high on their list at this point - I mean you never know - but I would think they are either going receiver, defensive lineman, corner, guard or even running back.

pass rusher, big wr, big cb, speedy backer, longterm safety

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to Beantowne's comment:

The number of sacks is misleading. Dumervil did so against double teams in combination with linebackers coming off the edge. The key to a good pass rush having multiple players that command double teams. Our current defense aside from Wilfork who rarely is on the field on passing downs, lacks players that command double teams and consistently beat their man in one on one situations. Thus nessecitating that we send mulitple linebackers/safties to get pressure.

The pass rush is all about the numbers the offense has 5 lineman, a tightend and a back or two "max coverage"...That's 7 or 8 blockers, the defense in a base 4-3 or 3-4 has 7 rushers toss in the strong safety that's 8 = stalemate...What changes that dynamic is when the offense has to double one of the ends or interior lineman.

Nink's a gamer, not a game changer. Not sure that any of those that are now free agents are in that class either. In the end what they needs is a dynamic edge rusher who along with Wilfork tilts the math and the result is that we'll get sustained pressure without needing to blitz...

" In the end what they needs is a dynamic edge rusher who along with Wilfork tilts the math and the result is that we'll get sustained pressure without needing to blitz..."

you got it.