osi umenyiora price droped?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from green0534. Show green0534's posts

osi umenyiora price droped?

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/blog/2011/08/the_new_york_giants_have.htmll

Does anybody think the patriots will go out and get him now ???

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: osi umenyiora price droped?

Bad link, for some reason.  Its here:

I sure would love to get him.  And the Raiders 2nd round pick should be high enough to trump some of the other teams.  Who knows the mind of Belicheck though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from green0534. Show green0534's posts

I think the pats and bb should go get him by the end of the week

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Man I hope so!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfan23325. Show patsfan23325's posts

i would definatley give a 2nd round pick for him and then sign Roth and we will be set as a team imo

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JMichalski12. Show JMichalski12's posts

Add Osi and Roth and I think we are set as well

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

well, the pats are listed as a team that has shown interest in the article (along with 22(?) other teams).  however i think it was rusty that pointed out in his stats from last year that he dominated the crap teams, and literally dissapeared against the good teams.  now maybe thats gameplaning by those opposing teams to take him out of the game, but id still like to see more production than that from a player whos asking for more money.  id give our (the pats) 2nd and our higher third for him.

the other questions are: does he even fit our system? where?  3 down player? gonna hold us hostage in a couple years too?  

the guy has his ring already.  he wants to get paid like one of, if the the best, player at his position.  and if he can, why shouldnt he?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

so basically, not super eager or anxious to get him here, but if BB brings him in its because hes a beast, and a fit for our system

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not going to get my hopes up on this but man, this would be awesome!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

A league sources tells the Baltimore Sun that the asking price for Giants DE Osi Umeyiora has dropped to a second-round pick.

The same source confirms that five teams are in the hunt, including the Ravens and Patriots. Several members of the Ravens front office are urging GM Ozzie Newsome to pull the trigger, but he's reportedly concerned about Umenyiora's history of hip and knee injuries. Newsome also has salary cap issues to consider with Ray Rice and Joe Flacco in line for extensions. Signing Haloti Ngata to a long-term deal would helping free up space, lowering his 2011 salary. NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora adds the Falcons to the list of teams interested in Umenyiora at the right price.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Never overpay for an inconsistent player that has had injuries. I'd much rather lock up Mankins who you know what your going to get than Osi.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Osi is thinking about STRAIGHT CASH HOMEY...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dmcpatsfan. Show dmcpatsfan's posts

Doubt very much we will get him...the money he wants in addition to what we'd have to give up is too much...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I don't think we have the cap room for this deal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

In Response to Re: osi umenyiora price droped?:
    [QUOTE]Never overpay for an inconsistent player that has had injuries. I'd much rather lock up Mankins who you know what your going to get than Osi.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

smartest post ive read all day

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

The first report said he wanted another 4yr $40mil dollar with most gaurantied. The news report says he's looking closer to what Johnson got in Car because no way a one year wonder should make more then him and Tuck combined (Johnson got a $72mil with $30mil guarantied).

I know that BB's been willing to trade a 2nd for a top end talent (Dillion and Welker) but they also came in on the cheap. I can't see BB paying a 2nd for a player that wants a ton of cash and might be a hold out/rental player if he doesn't get it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Never overpay for an inconsistent player that has had injuries. I'd much rather lock up Mankins who you know what your going to get than Osi.

+1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

He is not worth the effort.  Bad attitude.  Wants too much money and is injured.  there are better players for a lot less hassle

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

[QUOTE]Never overpay for an inconsistent player that has had injuries. I'd much rather lock up Mankins who you know what your going to get than Osi.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]
    Mankins= CHOKED in the 2008 Super bowl.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

if before the trade we got him to accept a deal  for 4 years at 6 per with a 5 mil signing bonus ok

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcrossDaPond. Show AcrossDaPond's posts

Maybe Bill is just making sure the price doesn't drop too far.  By keeping the pats and their hoard of Draft Picks in the "conversation" which ever team gets him it will be for at least a high second....   

The J.I.N.T.S have been in the conversation and love to trade draft picks for players.  BB is just making sure they have to do it for a 1st or 2nd, not a third.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Is this guy really that good? His size is not all that impressive and he's had what...a neck injury? Yikes! Isn't he turning thirty?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Was gonna say that the 2nd rounder is the easy part.  The draft pick plus the cash is the hard part.  I like OU, not sure it's really possible for the Pats to fit him in salary-wise unless they jettison some guys with high cap hits or restructure others.  Not sure who those guys are since T. Warren, Kaczur and Crump have already been cut. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]if before the trade we got him to accept a deal  for 4 years at 6 per with a 5 mil signing bonus ok
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

If that could be done I'd jump at it. 6mil per is market price for a top end pass rusher who isn't a 3 down player and has injury issues but for some reason I highly doubt he's looking for that.

The 2nd round pick doesn't bother me but the amount he's looking for combined with the pick does. That's not to mention he's a liability with the run and has injury concerns. Not worth the overall price.

Sections
Shortcuts