Osi Umenyiora to Patriots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from elmatador1225. Show elmatador1225's posts

Osi Umenyiora to Patriots?

I just saw that the Giants are willing to entertain offers for Osi.  Would it be possible for the Pats to trade for him?  I know that they wanted Julius Peppers, and they were willing to pay him handsomly.  So what do you guys think; Osi in NE?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Re: Osi Umenyiora to Patriots

You forgot to put a question mark at the end of the thread title. Good going.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

Re: Osi Umenyiora to Patriots?

he would be great,if he plays like he did a couple years back.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fitz0527. Show fitz0527's posts

The Rams and Panthers reportedly expressed serious interest in trading for Osi Umenyiora during the Senior Bowl and February's Combine.

At the time, the Giants were not entertaining any offers. However, Giants beat reporter Mike Garafolo agrees with NFL Network's Mike Lombardi that Umenyiora could be put on the block if New York uses the 15th overall pick on Jason Pierre-Paul, who GM Jerry Reese seems to covet. Umenyiora, 28 and coming off his worst season, might be available for a third-round pick.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

um what position would he play?  hes a 4-3 end.  BB likes to play Run stuffing DEs in the 3-4 scheme and Osi isn't big enough for that role...i also dont know if he can play as a 3-4 OLB.

I know Julius was a 4-3 end willing to pay as a 3-4 OLB but hes an athletic freak and i doubt osi could and would want to make that transition.  I could only see Osi playing in Jarvis Green's old role...and i doubt hed want that...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

He can rush the passer but can set the edge in the running game...i dunno.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Not strong enough to play 4-3 DE anymore. He used his speed to beat the tackles, but he lost some of it last year. He can't play on the line anymore, he'll just get man handled.

He's fast enough, quick enough, smart enough to play 3-4 OLB. 

He's is pretty damn athletic and he was occasionally asked to drop into coverage in NY. He's good friends with Brady and he respect Belichick alot.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

He ran 4.60 out of college, after the injury, I would say he runs a 4.75, now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

no thanks
    pats dont need a finesse DE
    they need a power, bull rushing run stopper
    Osi isnt durable and hes not a run stuffer, hes more of a QB teaser

i think we are better off looking in the draft

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

He became a part-timer under Spags, and forget about last year...I'll pass

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2010/04/patriots-interested-in-osi-umenyiora.html

This could probably happen if the Pats really want him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffectredux. Show mosseffectredux's posts

maybe this guy? he had a bad year,dosent mean he cant rebound.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=3173

Sections
Shortcuts