Ostrich Society Response

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Ostrich Society Response

I don't speak for all Ostriches, but as a proud charter member of the Society I must make my feelings known. 

So they play a lousy game and the season ends too soon. Naturally, the trolls are in their glory. This is their time, let them gloat. Who cares. 

If you think about the mentality of a troll, what energy they invest in the act of trolling, you just know they are absolutely miserable human beings. Their lives are so unbearable that the only joy they derive is in the misery of others. They'd have made good concentration camp guards. My advice is ignore them, despite the temptation to take them on. You're better than them, don't sink to their level. 

Trolls are obvious. Even if they try to hide behind a Patriot-related avatar or say something like, "I'm a huge Pats fan, but..." No need to name names here, we all know who they are. In the end, they are a harmless, powerless nuisance.

Frankly, I'm more bothered by the handwringers and the come-lately pink hatters. We all know about the lousy draft picks (we know Baltimore or San Fran would never pick a bust like Sergio Kindle or Taylor Mays) and the dropped passes and the thises and thats.  They didn't lose yesterday because of Ron Brace or Darius Butler. They lost because they got outcoached and outplayed by a better football team. That's it. I'll give the Ravens their due (although I do hope they get annihilated by San Fran). It was one game, that's all. It doesn't mean the Patriots are worthless or losers or anything of the sort, no more than Baltimore was any of that after last year's game.

You want to talk about the game, fine (I don't myself, but have at it). You want to talk about fixing the team's flaws, the draft, free agency, coaching changes, scheme changes, etc., all good. If trading Brady or firing Belichick is your thing, fine. Stupid, but fine. 

But understand this, they're still one of the best teams in football and will be again next year.  Life goes on. They will rise again.

Stay proud Ostriches. Remember this, flightless birds never crash. 

"If you're going through hell, keep going." -- Churchill

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Ostrich Society Response

Well spoken Muz!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Very well written OP.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Great post Muzwell.Well said.

Oh yeah,GO 49ers !!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Well in truth they DID lose because of the Ron Braces, Butlers, and Chungs of the world, because when our starters went down...the thing we are suppossed to be so well built for (depth, value, quality, spreading of the wealth, roster well stocked from top to bottom, our next guy is not that fare off from our other guy) went BOOM!!

We signed 15 tight ends this off season because the position was so important to us...we even carried one on the pup for 8 weeeks...none of them could play. How much did we spend this year on back up tight ends? Four million? More?

Hey, we are lucky to of had the run we have had over the last 12 years, but mistakes have been made. We got punched in the face at home by a team that was old and tired. Our depth was tested...it failed miserably. We still have 3-4 million on the cap that we didn't spend this year...how did that help us? Maybe we can use some of that cash next year for more backups that will crap their pants in the playoffs?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Well in truth they DID lose because of the Ron Braces, Butlers, and Chungs of the world, because when our starters went down...the thing we are suppossed to be so well built for (depth, value, quality, spreading of the wealth, roster well stocked from top to bottom, our next guy is not that fare off from our other guy) went BOOM!!

We signed 15 tight ends this off season because the position was so important to us...we even carried one on the pup for 8 weeeks...none of them could play. How much did we spend this year on back up tight ends? Four million? More?

Hey, we are lucky to of had the run we have had over the last 12 years, but mistakes have been made. We got punched in the face at home by a team that was old and tired. Our depth was tested...it failed miserably. We still have 3-4 million on the cap that we didn't spend this year...how did that help us? Maybe we can use some of that cash next year for more backups that will crap their pants in the playoffs?

Stop your whining. Yes the Pats have made mistakes in drafting and signing and maybe paying the price by not winning yesterday, but for every successful team that makes the playoffs almost every year there are a bunch of teams and their fans who wish their team could be as successful as the NE Patriots. These folks root against the Pats out of jealousy, nothing more, nothing less. 

Hetch

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

I don't speak for all Ostriches, but as a proud charter member of the Society I must make my feelings known. 

So they play a lousy game and the season ends too soon. Naturally, the trolls are in their glory. This is their time, let them gloat. Who cares. 

If you think about the mentality of a troll, what energy they invest in the act of trolling, you just know they are absolutely miserable human beings. Their lives are so unbearable that the only joy they derive is in the misery of others. They'd have made good concentration camp guards. My advice is ignore them, despite the temptation to take them on. You're better than them, don't sink to their level. 

Trolls are obvious. Even if they try to hide behind a Patriot-related avatar or say something like, "I'm a huge Pats fan, but..." No need to name names here, we all know who they are. In the end, they are a harmless, powerless nuisance.

Frankly, I'm more bothered by the handwringers and the come-lately pink hatters. We all know about the lousy draft picks (we know Baltimore or San Fran would never pick a bust like Sergio Kindle or Taylor Mays) and the dropped passes and the thises and thats.  They didn't lose yesterday because of Ron Brace or Darius Butler. They lost because they got outcoached and outplayed by a better football team. That's it. I'll give the Ravens their due (although I do hope they get annihilated by San Fran). It was one game, that's all. It doesn't mean the Patriots are worthless or losers or anything of the sort, no more than Baltimore was any of that after last year's game.

You want to talk about the game, fine (I don't myself, but have at it). You want to talk about fixing the team's flaws, the draft, free agency, coaching changes, scheme changes, etc., all good. If trading Brady or firing Belichick is your thing, fine. Stupid, but fine. 

But understand this, they're still one of the best teams in football and will be again next year.  Life goes on. They will rise again.

Stay proud Ostriches. Remember this, flightless birds never crash. 

"If you're going through hell, keep going." -- Churchill

Muz, 

Very well written. I'm not wasting my time reading all of the garbage idiots are throwing out about Brady retiring, not resigning Welker, etc. It's most likely many of the same who were touting a walkover yesterday and saying Brady is the best of all-time. Their opinions change by the week,day and hour. The true fans appreciate what the Pats have accomplished, will critisize of course but will stay with the team and not become negative trolls. On to next year and lots of positive debate of how the Pats can and will improve. 

Cheers, 

Hetch

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Stop your whining. Yes the Pats have made mistakes in drafting and signing and maybe paying the price by not winning yesterday, but for every successful team that makes the playoffs almost every year there are a bunch of teams and their fans who wish their team could be as successful as the NE Patriots. These folks root against the Pats out of jealousy, nothing more, nothing less. 

Hetch

Sorry, but I'm going to whine the day after an old and tired team came into our stadium and punched our younger and more rested team in the face for an hour. Tomorrow ill be more appreciative.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Muz...   so very well said! 

There is truly A LOT of garbage being thrown around this forum this day.  If the Pats had WON 13 - 7, with both teams shutting out each other in the second half, would we be discussing the woeful performance of the Pats offense?  I think not.  Anyway, I see knees jerking all over the place, finger pointing at the Patriots for lack of this and that.  All in all, they had a season in which they were in the SB hunt AGAIN!  Seems too many aren't that grateful for that fact. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

It's amazing how many moronic people found the time to post here when the Patriots lose who have never posted here when they won.I guess losing brings out the parasites and trolls.Had the Pats won last night,there wouldn't have been as nearly many posts today or new posters. 

They still did better this year than 28 other teams this year.Yeah,I'm disappointed they lost last night,but I'm still appreciative of the 12 years of good quality football the Patriots have played during the Brady - Belichick era.

Pats will be back next year and in the playoffs again.You can take that to the bank and collect interest on it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Well said Muz,

In the end injuries did us in, we'll be back strong next season, sometimes luck plays a part, you have to stay healthy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Well done Muzwell.

"But understand this, they're still one of the best teams in football and will be again next year.  Life goes on. They will rise again."

Yes they are, yes they will be, yes it does and yes they will.   Of course I was and still am diasspointed.  Regardless, I've appreciated being able to experience another exciting season by the New England Patriots.

The bottom line is that the Ravens beat the Patriots pure and simple but  Suggs and Pollard can KMA.   The spring draft and summer camp will be here sooner than one can imagine.  And last night was the end of the season not the end of the world.   

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

It's amazing how many moronic people found the time to post here when the Patriots lose who have never posted here when they won.I guess losing brings out the parasites and trolls.Had the Pats won last night,there wouldn't have been as nearly many posts today or new posters. 

They still did better this year than 28 other teams this year.Yeah,I'm disappointed they lost last night,but I'm still appreciative of the 12 years of good quality football the Patriots have played during the Brady - Belichick era.

Pats will be back next year and in the playoffs again.You can take that to the bank and collect interest on it. 

hard to feel good about the overall success of the team after losing that nightmare game.

there are a lot of plays in every game that make the difference.  That's football.  it's brutal.  One game, you win or you lose, you get injured, you make mistakes. it's over... Brutal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Muz...   so very well said! 

There is truly A LOT of garbage being thrown around this forum this day.  If the Pats had WON 13 - 7, with both teams shutting out each other in the second half, would we be discussing the woeful performance of the Pats offense?  I think not.  Anyway, I see knees jerking all over the place, finger pointing at the Patriots for lack of this and that.  All in all, they had a season in which they were in the SB hunt AGAIN!  Seems too many aren't that grateful for that fact. 

Yet if we lost 14-13 the Brady appologists would still be blaming the defense. It goes both ways. rag on the defense all you want but you can't deny

Lowest offensive output of the season

3 points in 3 quarters including ziltch in the second half

1 TD in 6 trips inside the Ravens 25

Dropped passes

Overthrown and under thrown passes

Terrible decision by Brady at the end of the half

Bad play calling and no 2nd half adjustments

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

It was what it was.  It's over, and that is all there is to it.  Next year has arrived, I'm interested to see what we do with Welker (I think I am for letting him walk now) and in getting receivers and DBs.  2-1/2 month break from football and back to it at the draft.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In last nights game it came down to coaching and execution on both sides of the ball. The Welker drop in particular was a key play in the game it changed the entire flow for the rest of the game. Instead of punting they would have had 1st and ten on the 24 with at minimum a FG making it 16-7 and the momentum swinging in the Pat's favor.

I think they punted from the 33 yard line down to the 14.  A 19 yard punt.   that was 4th and 8 .  Ouch,  that drop started a sequence of fail.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

What we forget is that the Patriots and Ravens playing the same plan as yesterday 10 times..each team might win 5.

One more red zone TD early on in the 12 attempts might have changed the entire complex of the game..made the DB's of the PAts take more chances, Flaco force it a bit more, and voila a pick 6 on the way to a blowout. As it was the Ravens went all in with Flaco opening it up and the Defense daring NE to to go out of their short dink and dunk mode..it paid off big but also could have burned them with a couple bounces of the ball.

If everything always came out based on power rankings and strategy..it would be a boring game. I lke it that the Patriots are in it every year...would anyone really like it if they were a lock?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Good post Muzwell.  LOts of Patriots hate was thrown around here last night, crazy stuff.  It was the worst that I have seen since being here.  Even worse then after last years SB, imo. 

However, we have to be realistic here.  It's more then just playing a lousy game.  The team needs change.  The coaching and team philosophy needs to change.  They are able to pull through during the season but when it's time to play your best football in the playoffs or SB against the best teams they just don't have enough talent.  Plain and simple.  There are a lot of players, especially on D that wouldn't be starters on other teams.  The RB's the Patriots have wouldn't see much playing time on other team.  It's hard to say, It's hard to admit but Brady is getting older and in today's game he can't carry the team on his back all season and expect to win these type of games anymore.  Give us a featured RB and a legit deep threat, more talented and bigger DB's and then let's talk about winning the SB.  Until then, come to expect this year after year until these changes are made.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Good post Muzwell.  LOts of Patriots hate was thrown around here last night, crazy stuff.  It was the worst that I have seen since being here.  Even worse then after last years SB, imo. 

However, we have to be realistic here.  It's more then just playing a lousy game.  The team needs change.  The coaching and team philosophy needs to change.  They are able to pull through during the season but when it's time to play your best football in the playoffs or SB against the best teams they just don't have enough talent.  Plain and simple.  There are a lot of players, especially on D that wouldn't be starters on other teams.  The RB's the Patriots have wouldn't see much playing time on other team.  It's hard to say, It's hard to admit but Brady is getting older and in today's game he can't carry the team on his back all season and expect to win these type of games anymore.  Give us a featured RB and a legit deep threat, more talented and bigger DB's and then let's talk about winning the SB.  Until then, come to expect this year after year until these changes are made.

the pats had NO return game this year. hard to start from inside the 20 80% of your drives....not giving brady excuses, he stunk yesterday. but i am excited to see demps be the return man next year. demps as the kick off returner and edelman as the punt returner would be nice. i agree that the pats need a deep threat. they have for awhile and they keep trying to fill the hole with the ochocinco's and lloyd's of the world and it just isnt cutting it come playoff time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

If you don't identify the problem, you can't solve the problem.

The opening post isn't interested in identifying the problem.  In fact the original post is in full denial saying in essence "there is no problem."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

TFB, I agree they need improvement. Pass rush is still inadequate. I thought the DB play was fine until Talib went out.  Having followed Talib (living in the 813), the biggest knocks on him have been his immaturity, which he managed well in NE, and his availability. He gets hurt.  He gets suspended. Not sure he is worth a big contract, maybe an incentive type deal if he'd go for that?  I wouldn't mind seeing them bring in a safety and a CB or two in any case, the depth there is inadequate.

I think the RBs are fine. I lke Ridley a lot, like Vereen too. Solid backs, fast, get what's blocked.  It would be great to get an Arian Foster type, but good luck finding that.  I think there are bigger needs.

I agree more speed at WR is needed. Only issue is finding the right fast guy that can play with Brady. Outside of Moss, there hasn't been much success there. Getting a college kid is fine, but those guys take time to develop.  Look at Torrey Smith, he's just come into his own this year really.  

I also think an underrated issue is the return game.  Would be nice if Demps can contribute next year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

The opening post isn't interested in identifying the problem.  In fact the original post is in full denial saying in essence "there is no problem."

Couldn't have said it better. Homers see no problem...Those that respect and know the game know there is a huge problem to be fixed before this team is SB worthy.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

No, I said you want to discuss the flaws, fixes and such, fine. I'm just uninterested in listening to the whiners and the told-you-sos. It's boring and not constructive. I'd prefer to remain positive. There's more to like than to hate about this team. You want to dwell on the negative, go for it. Just count me out.

Sections
Shortcuts