OT: BB and AHern had a reported 33 pages of texts b/w them (IF YOU DONT CARE THEN DONT READ IT)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

Re: OT: BB and AHern had a reported 33 pages of texts b/w them (IF YOU DONT CARE THEN DONT READ IT)

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

To say what?

[/QUOTE]

as a character witness....either for or against AH. He may not even have a choice if he is subpoenaed.

[/QUOTE]

Not likely. Big problem with that is it puts his character at issue and opens the door for the prosecution to trot out all the people who would testify that he's scum, which is not admissible unless they open that door.

Belichick is not an expert qualified to testify about very much other than football. He can't give an opinion about Hernandez's thinking or his mental capacity. They can depose him and ask him whatever they want, but not much of that matters in a murder case, unless he's somehow involved in the crime or the cover up. 

I don't think this means much, but it's sensational and BB is a lightning rod, so people will talk and it will drive ratings. So, expect overblown coverage.

[/QUOTE]

Spot on again. I am still shocked (maybe I shouldn't be) that some here are so gullible because the media posts some speculative article to draw eyeballs to it to get ratings.

The joke is sadly on them.  I just hope they don't vote and procreate.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: OT: BB and AHern had a reported 33 pages of texts b/w them (IF YOU DONT CARE THEN DONT READ IT)

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Here's a direct quote from Michael Fee, Hernandez's lawyer:

"Any record bearing on a defendant's psychological function, illnesses or afflictions, addiction, cognitive ability, social interactions, behavior under stress, relationship with authority and other such factors are undeniably relevant to the defense of an individual charged with First Degree Murder," Fee wrote in a motion.

Thank you, Pro.

I knew I read it somewhere they were trying for the insanity defense

[/QUOTE]

It's maybe too early to say that's what they'll do, but they certainly want to explore their options. I don't get why some posters find inconceivable the possibility that they are looking for evidence of brain damage to use either as a way to reduce charges or to build a defense strategy.  

[/QUOTE]

Are you this stupid, too?

BB and Kraft signed off on a SECOND TE deal AHEAD OF TIME, with a guy who had brain damage they knew about, which meant signing Hernandez to a 2nd deal was never necessary?

Has RKrap and his pathetic and creepy little anti-BB group really corrupted your IQ that badly?

BB had Gronk, the best pure TE in the league here.  HErnandez was a luxury.  Why on earth would BB knowingly re-up a TE sp early, if at all, if he had "brain damage" at age 23?

That quote form his lawyer does not mean anything other than they're dotting Is and crossing Ts.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're sliding into "Mankins has no leverage" territory again.  You really aren't very smart, are you?  They may simply looking for evidence of Hernandez having had his bell rung right before one of the murders.  Impulse control issues can be associated with recent brain trauma.  It doesn't mean that Hernandez was permanently crazy, just that he was incapable of controlling his actions immediately preceding the murders. 

Lawyers don't just dot I's and cross T's. They look for information that can help them make a case and there's plenty of places they could go if they get evidence that Hernandez had brain trauma. 

You do know that first degree murder requires premeditation?  If Hernandez can be shown to be acting on impulse, then they could beat a first degree murder rap.  Second degree murder, while still serious, at least comes with parole.  So the lawyers have plenty of reason to look for evidence that Hernandez wasn't fully in control of his actions. It's critical in fact if they are trying to defend against a first degree murder charge. 

[/QUOTE]

Ohhh..did Prolate stumbled into embarrassment mode again?  Also, you can stop saying I said "Mankins has no leverage".. because I never said that. Ever.

I said BB should call his bluff and trade him to Oakland for at worst a 2nd rd pick.  He didn't, Mankins has gotten worse by the year, and it's BB's worst in house FA investment (outside of Hernandez's situation, ironically enough).

As for your comments, they're no different than mine. The lawyers are fishing for what they can use, but as others have stated here above and in other threads, insanity defenses don't work.

And, there is no way on god's green earth that Hernandez had "brain damage" while in camp with the lawsuits on the table with the NFL, professor. 

Game, set and match.

[/QUOTE]

Oh yes you did.  Fortunately, though, one of your frequent bannings wiped away the evidence. 

Hernandez had a head injury in mid January 2012, about six months before the murder.  The texts were apparently from Feb to May following that injury if Catfish is right. You think that's just coincidence that the defense wants to view them? There's a reason they are looking at all those medical records and it's not to show that Hernandez is a fine upstanding citizen. There is no medical diagnosis of good character. 

You really are an idiot. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To say what?

[/QUOTE]

as a character witness....either for or against AH. He may not even have a choice if he is subpoenaed.

[/QUOTE]

Not likely. Big problem with that is it puts his character at issue and opens the door for the prosecution to trot out all the people who would testify that he's scum, which is not admissible unless they open that door.

Belichick is not an expert qualified to testify about very much other than football. He can't give an opinion about Hernandez's thinking or his mental capacity. They can depose him and ask him whatever they want, but not much of that matters in a murder case, unless he's somehow involved in the crime or the cover up. 

I don't think this means much, but it's sensational and BB is a lightning rod, so people will talk and it will drive ratings. So, expect overblown coverage.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think it would be from the angle of, let's say a psychologist/psychiatrist - but if there is anything in the texts that allow either side something that will paint a picture (for the prosecution) or create doubt (from the defense) - then BB will get subpoenaed.  This is about sleight of hand - and entertainment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To say what?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Spot on again. I am still shocked (maybe I shouldn't be) that some here are so gullible because the media posts some speculative article to draw eyeballs to it to get ratings.

[/QUOTE]

Belichick may know if and when Hernandez was injured in practice.  I'm not saying he will be called to testify, but if the defense wants to make a case that Hernandez had suffered repeated brain injuries in games and practices in the months preceding the murders, Belichick could indeed be a useful witness. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

Belichick may know if and when Hernandez was injured in practice.  I'm not saying he will be called to testify, but if the defense wants to make a case that Hernandez had suffered repeated brain injuries in games and practices in the months preceding the murders, Belichick could indeed be a useful witness. 

[/QUOTE]

As I try to follow your thinking it occurs to me that the training staff and team doctor would be far more qualified to speak to any "brain injury".    BB is not a doctor and it's hard to imagine his testimony being helpful if it is regarding medical matters.

Atty:  "And did Mr. Hern. suffer a head injury at that practice?"

BB:  "I don't know.   He came out of practice and we followed medical protocol.  You have to ask those guys.  I can't read Xrays, MRI's or CT scans".

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To say what?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You think he can say this on the stand?

"I don?t have much to add at this point. Our medical people are going to take a look at him. We?ll find out all the information we can and we?ll update it Wednesday."

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To say what?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Belichick will likely not even be called.  You seem to not realize BB has nothing to do with Hernandez's off field actions.

AH is a 23 year old adult with a child and college graduate. He's not some backwoods inbred like Bustchise who doesn't know any better.

BB may be a HOF coach and GM, but his job is not to control or psycho-analyze a player's off field activities or research the medical implications of possible "brain damage" during camp.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"Any record bearing on a defendant's psychological function, illnesses or afflictions, addiction, cognitive ability, social interactions, behavior under stress, relationship with authority and other such factors are undeniably relevant to the defense of an individual charged with First Degree Murder," Fee wrote in a motion.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Pro.

[/QUOTE]

It's maybe too early to say that's what they'll do, but they certainly want to explore their options. I don't get why some posters find inconceivable the possibility that they are looking for evidence of brain damage to use either as a way to reduce charges or to build a defense strategy.  

[/QUOTE]

BB and Kraft signed off on a SECOND TE deal AHEAD OF TIME, with a guy who had brain damage they knew about, which meant signing Hernandez to a 2nd deal was never necessary?

Has RKrap and his pathetic and creepy little anti-BB group really corrupted your IQ that badly?

BB had Gronk, the best pure TE in the league here.  HErnandez was a luxury.  Why on earth would BB knowingly re-up a TE sp early, if at all, if he had "brain damage" at age 23?

That quote form his lawyer does not mean anything other than they're dotting Is and crossing Ts.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, you're sliding into "Mankins has no leverage" territory again.  You really aren't very smart, are you?  They may simply looking for evidence of Hernandez having had his bell rung right before one of the murders.  Impulse control issues can be associated with recent brain trauma.  It doesn't mean that Hernandez was permanently crazy, just that he was incapable of controlling his actions immediately preceding the murders. 

Lawyers don't just dot I's and cross T's. They look for information that can help them make a case and there's plenty of places they could go if they get evidence that Hernandez had brain trauma. 

You do know that first degree murder requires premeditation?  If Hernandez can be shown to be acting on impulse, then they could beat a first degree murder rap.  Second degree murder, while still serious, at least comes with parole.  So the lawyers have plenty of reason to look for evidence that Hernandez wasn't fully in control of his actions. It's critical in fact if they are trying to defend against a first degree murder charge. 

[/QUOTE]

Ohhh..did Prolate stumbled into embarrassment mode again?  Also, you can stop saying I said "Mankins has no leverage".. because I never said that. Ever.

I said BB should call his bluff and trade him to Oakland for at worst a 2nd rd pick.  He didn't, Mankins has gotten worse by the year, and it's BB's worst in house FA investment (outside of Hernandez's situation, ironically enough).

As for your comments, they're no different than mine. The lawyers are fishing for what they can use, but as others have stated here above and in other threads, insanity defenses don't work.

And, there is no way on god's green earth that Hernandez had "brain damage" while in camp with the lawsuits on the table with the NFL, professor. 

Game, set and match.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

You have zero idea what you are talking about.

BOTH DEFENSES  use brain damage, disease, defect, and are treated the same in that aspect. 

SO YES, THEY ARE LOOKING AT THAT. PERIOD.  Game , set, match!

The difference is  that INSANITY is used in a not Guilty plea and Diminished capacity is used to try and reduce the charges.  IN BOTH CASES THEY ARE TRYING To PROVE HE IS NUTS.

Premeditation would kill the DC plea because it shows capacity.

Unless they could prove there was no premeditation (which I doubt) they would have to go insanity, if that is the route they are taking.

In any event, that is the difference in the pleas, not whether it was caused by defect or brain trauma or drugs or whatever .  Those are used to prove it exists and must be established to use either plea.

What is your IQ, again?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

wow, Rusty is going to throw up in his mouth

[/QUOTE]

No, actually I am just going to shake my head at how stupid and dumbed down our society has become with an overload of media and the channels that broadcast them.

It makes people dumber by the day. It's mortifying as a fellow citizen.  Like you, for example.  You're dumber than a bag of rocks, but claim to have a Harvard MBA and you have children which is scary. Please stay away from the voting booths and stop procreating.

Thank you.

[/QUOTE]

That is so spot on.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, but you should have bolded my entire post. lmao

It's ok to call out RKrap for what he is, which is a walking hypocrite who comes here for a self esteem boost, channeling his ESPN employment living vicariously through what he only dreamed he could be, which is Bill Belichick.

He actually believed the Rolling Stone article. bawhaha

abwhhaah!

[/QUOTE]

so would you if this case involved any other team

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As I try to follow your thinking it occurs to me that the training staff and team doctor would be far more qualified to speak to any "brain injury".    BB is not a doctor and it's hard to imagine his testimony being helpful if it is regarding medical matters.

Atty:  "And did Mr. Hern. suffer a head injury at that practice?"

BB:  "I don't know.   He came out of practice and we followed medical protocol.  You have to ask those guys.  I can't read Xrays, MRI's or CT scans".

[/QUOTE]

But he would be a witness to what happened on the field.  He can't make a diagnosis, but he could be asked if Hernandez was knocked out.  Just what you said "He came out of practice" might be useful to establish the occurrance of an injury.  Again, the lawyers may not call Belichick to testify, but they certainly want to explore all the available info and if they find something interesting they could call Belichick to testify.

They apparently did interview him already, so they're already headed down a path that could (but won't necessarily) lead to BB testifying.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To say what?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You think he can say this on the stand?

"I don?t have much to add at this point. Our medical people are going to take a look at him. We?ll find out all the information we can and we?ll update it Wednesday."

The judge will decide what's acceptable and what's contempt. I bet the press wishes they had a judge in press conferences 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Thank you, Pro.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Game, set and match.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

BOTH DEFENSES  use brain damage, disease, defect, and are treated the same in that aspect. 

The difference is  that INSANITY is used in a not Guilty plea and Diminished capacity is used to try and reduce the charges.  IN BOTH CASES THEY ARE TRYING To PROVE HE IS NUTS.

Unless they could prove there was no premeditation (which I doubt) they would have to go insanity, if that is the route they are taking.

In any event, that is the difference in the pleas, not whether it was caused by defect or brain trauma or drugs or whatever .  Those are used to prove it exists and must be established to use either plea.

What is your IQ, again?

[/QUOTE]

You just said BB had knowledge of Hernandez's "brain damage" in camp.  So this means you think BB  is somehow negligent of this brain damage, which is why he would be called to the stand.

Otherwise, BB won't be called to the stand.

You're as much a drama queen as RKrap on this. Note how the more sensible, intelligent people here who don't have a hard-on to slander BB on internet boards have a better handle on this than you do.

Try taking off those creepy and weird anti-BB blinders.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To say what?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Belichick will likely not even be called.  You seem to not realize BB has nothing to do with Hernandez's off field actions.

AH is a 23 year old adult with a child and college graduate. He's not some backwoods inbred like Bustchise who doesn't know any better.

BB may be a HOF coach and GM, but his job is not to control or psycho-analyze a player's off field activities or research the medical implications of possible "brain damage" during camp.

[/QUOTE]

Dude, I sort of doubt Belichick will testify too, but if he does they won't be asking Belichick for a diagnosis, they'll be asking him if Hernandez was injured on such and such a day or if he demonstrated certain specific behaviours consistent with brain injury in such and such a timeframe.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

But he would be a witness to what happened on the field.  He can't make a diagnosis, but he could be asked if Hernandez was knocked out.  Just what you said "He came out of practice" might be useful to establish the occurrance of an injury.  Again, the lawyers may not call Belichick to testify, but they certainly want to explore all the available info and if they find something interesting they could call Belichick to testify.

They apparently did interview him already, so they're already headed down a path that could (but won't necessarily) lead to BB testifying.  

[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure BB would know if AH was knocked out.   A lot of times it's the training staff that goes out on the field then gives a recap to BB.   So, in this case it would be "they told me he was knocked out."

But really, I don't see a football-related brain injury defense.   We are still only scratching the surface of understanding the cause and effect.   Medical people are still having this debate and you think a jury will be able to process this type of evidence?

As for the 2nd area I highlighted, the reports say the prosecution interviewed BB a year ago but I find no reports that the defense has conducted any interviews with him or Kraft.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Oh, and just to be clear, I've never said that BB has any responsibility for Hernandez's actions. Belichick is not on trial.  The lawyers only are interested in any light Belichick can shed on Hernandez's state of mind. As the lawyer says, establishing state of mind is critical to a first degree murder case.  To be convicted you have to be shown to have premeditated the killing and not to have been acting on impulse. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Pro.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Game, set and match.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

What is your IQ, again?

[/QUOTE]

You just said BB had knowledge of Hernandez's "brain damage" in camp.  So this means you think BB will is somehow negligent of this brain damage, which is why he would be called to the stand.

You're as much a drama queen as RKrap on this. Note how the more sensible, intelligent people here who don't have a hard-on to slander BB on internet boards have a better handle on this than you do.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, drugs and alcohol can definitely cause brain damage.  EXHIBIT A  ^^^

Can you show me where I just said that?  Wow!

Psycho nutjob.

I hope you're not referring yourself as someone who has a handle on anything, because you are not that person.  Neither is anyone who sides with you.

Please stop blaming your inadequacies on others.  Please stop deflecting and for the love of anything HOLY, put that bottle down. 

You seriously don't need to be killing any more brain cells.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure BB would know if AH was knocked out.   A lot of times it's the training staff that goes out on the field then gives a recap to BB.   So, in this case it would be "they told me he was knocked out."

But really, I don't see a football-related brain injury defense.   We are still only scratching the surface of understanding the cause and effect.   Medical people are still having this debate and you think a jury will be able to process this type of evidence?

As for the 2nd area I highlighted, the reports say the prosecution interviewed BB a year ago but I find no reports that the defense has conducted any interviews with him or Kraft.

[/QUOTE]

Juries just need reasonable doubt to acquit.  Reasonable doubt about Hernandez's ability to control his actions might acquit him of first degree murder.  He might still be convicted of second degree, but unlike first degree, second degree allows for parole.  It's a huge difference between life with no possibility of parole anf life with possible parole in as early as 15 years.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, Pro.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Game, set and match.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

What is your IQ, again?

[/QUOTE]

You just said BB had knowledge of Hernandez's "brain damage" in camp.  So this means you think BB will is somehow negligent of this brain damage, which is why he would be called to the stand.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Yes, drugs and alcohol can definitely cause brain damage.  EXHIBIT A  ^^^

Can you show me where I just said that?  Wow!

Psycho nutjob.

I hope you're not referring yourself as someone who has a handle on anything, because you are not that person.  Neither is anyone who sides with you.

Please stop blaming your inadequacies on others.  Please stop deflecting and for the love of anything HOLY, put that bottle down. 

You seriously don't need to be killing any more brain cells.

[/QUOTE]

I was talking to Prolate, not you.  Maybe you should put down the wine cooler, little woman.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I think this is going to bite BB in the arshe a lot worse than spygate

NFL cant touch him, but pr nightmare once the level of BB's knowledge of what was going on with Hern is made public

go back to the Rolling Stone article and watch what is legit

Unless he sent a text to AH that reads "I heard you offed someone last week.  Cut that out or you'll have to run extra laps at practice" I don't really see what possible information you think is going to be in text messages that makes BB look bad.  It's the same thing with the psych evaluations.  Knowing someone is a little bit weird doesn't mean you had any clue they were doing their best Tony Montana impersonation in their free time.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

To say what?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Dude, I sort of doubt Belichick will testify too, but if he does they won't be asking Belichick for a diagnosis, they'll be asking him if Hernandez was injured on such and such a day or if he demonstrated certain specific behaviours consistent with brain injury in such and such a timeframe.

[/QUOTE]

Fine, but do you realize what the odds of that are?  You really think BB would have been alerted to a concussion and then has some kind of definitive recall to certain behaviors?

Again, he'd have to be a doctor to identify the onset of such behaviors. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

I was talking to Prolate, not you. Maybe you should put down the wine cooler, little woman.

You responded to me, moron.

Was that just another of your many mistakes?  Can you read?

What a fool!

LMAO@U

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

CLARK JUDGE______7/13/13_____________________________________

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

I was talking to Prolate, not you. Maybe you should put down the wine cooler, little woman.

What a fool!

LMAO@U

"The worse New England has gotten on defense, the better Brady has been forced to become -- with 109 touchdowns, 20 interceptions and a 39-9 record the past three seasons. "

[/QUOTE]

You two are saying the same thing, moron. Do not interrupt when I am bludgeoning an ally of yours.

Christ, you're dumb.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What a fool!

LMAO@U

[/QUOTE]

You two are saying the same thing, moron. Do not interrupt when I am bludgeoning an ally of yours.

Christ, you're dumb.

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

YOU HIT THE REPLY BUTTON YOU MORON.

Do you even know who you replied to?

Or what was said? 

AND I'm dumb???????????????????????

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

OMG  WOW WOW WOW

Psychopath!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Juries just need reasonable doubt to acquit.  Reasonable doubt about Hernandez's ability to control his actions might acquit him of first degree murder.  He might still be convicted of second degree, but unlike first degree, second degree allows for parole.  It's a huge difference between life with no possibility of parole anf life with possible parole in as early as 15 years.

[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much it. An insanity defense is not going to fly in a case like this. It's a Hail Mary from your own end zone. There's no history of mental illness, no indication of an inability to distinguish between right and wrong, etc. But diminished capacity, causing him to be unable to form the necessary premeditation and therefore reducing the charge to second degree (or less), that might work. It's still an uphill climb, and I really don't see what a football coach is going to say that is going to be helpful, but the defense is obliged to look under every rock and that's what they're doing. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think this is going to bite BB in the arshe a lot worse than spygate

NFL cant touch him, but pr nightmare once the level of BB's knowledge of what was going on with Hern is made public

go back to the Rolling Stone article and watch what is legit

[/QUOTE]

Unless he sent a text to AH that reads "I heard you offed someone last week.  Cut that out or you'll have to run extra laps at practice" I don't really see what possible information you think is going to be in text messages that makes BB look bad.  It's the same thing with the psych evaluations.  Knowing someone is a little bit weird doesn't mean you had any clue they were doing their best Tony Montana impersonation in their free time.

[/QUOTE]

It's just odd how people think the lawyers are out to get Belichick or embarrass the Patriots in some way.  That's not it at all. They're just looking for things that may help their defense.  Most likely, what they are looking for is what the lawyer implied in his written statement for the judge: things that give evidence of Hernandez's state of mind before the murders.  State of mind is always relevant in a first degree murder case, since you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the murder was premeditated and not just and not just an impulsive reaction. If Hernandez was exhibiting impulse control issues (likely connected to brain trauma), the lawyers may be able to establish reasonable doubt in the mind of the jury that Hernandez was in control of this thoughts and actions.  That's all they need to do to get Hernandez acquitted of first degree murder.