OT: BB and AHern had a reported 33 pages of texts b/w them (IF YOU DONT CARE THEN DONT READ IT)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: OT: BB and AHern had a reported 33 pages of texts b/w them (IF YOU DONT CARE THEN DONT READ IT)

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:

To say what?

as a character witness....either for or against AH. He may not even have a choice if he is subpoenaed.

Not likely. Big problem with that is it puts his character at issue and opens the door for the prosecution to trot out all the people who would testify that he's scum, which is not admissible unless they open that door.

Belichick is not an expert qualified to testify about very much other than football. He can't give an opinion about Hernandez's thinking or his mental capacity. They can depose him and ask him whatever they want, but not much of that matters in a murder case, unless he's somehow involved in the crime or the cover up. 

I don't think this means much, but it's sensational and BB is a lightning rod, so people will talk and it will drive ratings. So, expect overblown coverage.

Spot on again. I am still shocked (maybe I shouldn't be) that some here are so gullible because the media posts some speculative article to draw eyeballs to it to get ratings.

The joke is sadly on them.  I just hope they don't vote and procreate.

Belichick may know if and when Hernandez was injured in practice.  I'm not saying he will be called to testify, but if the defense wants to make a case that Hernandez had suffered repeated brain injuries in games and practices in the months preceding the murders, Belichick could indeed be a useful witness. 

Belichick will likely not even be called.  You seem to not realize BB has nothing to do with Hernandez's off field actions.

AH is a 23 year old adult with a child and college graduate. He's not some backwoods inbred like Bustchise who doesn't know any better.

BB may be a HOF coach and GM, but his job is not to control or psycho-analyze a player's off field activities or research the medical implications of possible "brain damage" during camp.

Dude, I sort of doubt Belichick will testify too, but if he does they won't be asking Belichick for a diagnosis, they'll be asking him if Hernandez was injured on such and such a day or if he demonstrated certain specific behaviours consistent with brain injury in such and such a timeframe.

Fine, but do you realize what the odds of that are?  You really think BB would have been alerted to a concussion and then has some kind of definitive recall to certain behaviors?

Again, he'd have to be a doctor to identify the onset of such behaviors. 

If they use Belichick it won't be to ask him for a diagnosis.  It will most likely only be to establish the fact that an injury occurred.  Then they'll make the case (by calling experts) that the injury could have caused brain trauma and that the brain trauma may have made Hernandez unable to control his impulses.  It's called building a case. You look for little building blocks and string them all together.  Belichick's testimony (if they decide they want it) would be just one tiny brick in the big wall they want to build. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: OT: BB and AHern had a reported 33 pages of texts b/w them (IF YOU DONT CARE THEN DONT READ IT)

think they texted about this?

Hernandez was using the maniacal drug angel dust, had fallen in with a crew of gangsters and convinced himself that his life was in danger, carrying a gun wherever he went. Sources close to the tight end add that throughout the spring, when players are expected to be preparing themselves for the marathon NFL season, Hernandez had missed workouts and sessions with a rehab trainer, and had been told by his head coach, Bill Belichick, that he was one misstep from being cut.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle#ixzz37WrSl7nT

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Juries just need reasonable doubt to acquit.  Reasonable doubt about Hernandez's ability to control his actions might acquit him of first degree murder.  He might still be convicted of second degree, but unlike first degree, second degree allows for parole.  It's a huge difference between life with no possibility of parole anf life with possible parole in as early as 15 years.

This is pretty much it. An insanity defense is not going to fly in a case like this. It's a Hail Mary from your own end zone. There's no history of mental illness, no indication of an inability to distinguish between right and wrong, etc. But diminished capacity, causing him to be unable to form the necessary premeditation and therefore reducing the charge to second degree (or less), that might work. It's still an uphill climb, and I really don't see what a football coach is going to say that is going to be helpful, but the defense is obliged to look under every rock and that's what they're doing. 

Finally, someone who gets it!  Yes, this may be all they are trying to do: protect against a first degree murder conviction in the event they can't get Hernandez acquitted of all murder charges.  Of course they'll try to show the evidence is insufficient to convict on any murder charge, but if they can't win on that, they'll at least want to try to prevent a first degree murder conviction. A second degree murder conviction is a much better outcome for Hernandez than a first degree murder conviction.

There have been lawyers who have tried "brain damage" defenses (a little different than an "insanity" defense, but the goal is the same--to show the alleged perpetrator had insufficient control over whatever it was he did because of some kind of mental impairment). I think this is a last resort, but the lawyers have to explore that too if it turns out that the evidence against Hernandez is strong and a Hail Mary is all they've got.  It may be more tempting in this case, too, because of a clear history of concussions. That's something the lawyers really want to look at in whatever medical records they can get. They may not use what they find, but they want to explore the option.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

think they texted about this?

Hernandez was using the maniacal drug angel dust, had fallen in with a crew of gangsters and convinced himself that his life was in danger, carrying a gun wherever he went. Sources close to the tight end add that throughout the spring, when players are expected to be preparing themselves for the marathon NFL season, Hernandez had missed workouts and sessions with a rehab trainer, and had been told by his head coach, Bill Belichick, that he was one misstep from being cut.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle#ixzz37WrSl7nT" rel="nofollow">http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/the-gangster-in-the-huddle#ixzz37WrSl7nT

They may be interested in examples of erratic behaviour since that could be a sign of impulse control issues. Again, to be clear, they are interested in establishing a pattern of impulse control issues.  They are not looking for a diagnosis of insanity from a football coach.  They are looking for examples of behaviour that may be useful in creating reasonable doubt in the mind of the jury that Hernandez was fully in control of his actions.  This could be critical to a defense against a first degree murder charge.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd call BB, I'd call Kraft.  The texts could back fire on Hernandez. BB could say he was trying to keep tabs on him to insure he wasn't going to get in trouble. He could be checking on injurys, how he felt, how he was doing. 

As far as asking belichick medical information, the prosecution will object every time on the grounds that he is not a trained medical professional and anything he would say is hearsay.  Even if the medical staff told him something if the defense can't cross examine the source it's not admissible. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

In response to pcmIV's comment:

I think this is going to bite BB in the arshe a lot worse than spygate

NFL cant touch him, but pr nightmare once the level of BB's knowledge of what was going on with Hern is made public

go back to the Rolling Stone article and watch what is legit

Unless he sent a text to AH that reads "I heard you offed someone last week.  Cut that out or you'll have to run extra laps at practice" I don't really see what possible information you think is going to be in text messages that makes BB look bad.  It's the same thing with the psych evaluations.  Knowing someone is a little bit weird doesn't mean you had any clue they were doing their best Tony Montana impersonation in their free time.

It's just odd how people think the lawyers are out to get Belichick or embarrass the Patriots in some way.  That's not it at all. They're just looking for things that may help their defense.  Most likely, what they are looking for is what the lawyer implied in his written statement for the judge: things that give evidence of Hernandez's state of mind before the murders.  State of mind is always relevant in a first degree murder case, since you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the murder was premeditated and not just and not just an impulsive reaction. If Hernandez was exhibiting impulse control issues (likely connected to brain trauma), the lawyers may be able to establish reasonable doubt in the mind of the jury that Hernandez was in control of this thoughts and actions.  That's all they need to do to get Hernandez acquitted of first degree murder. 

in no way, shape or form do I think anyone is out to get BB or RK.

I also offered the point of a lesser guilty sentence in another thread depending on AH's mental state. There is a huge difference between this being bumped to a federal case (death penalty), first degree (life with no parole) and second degree (chance of parole).

Surely, numerous members of the Pats staff, most definitely including BB, may be able to offer pointed and specific instances of how and when head trauma may have occured. If other reports are to be believed, and the text messages are legit, BB could most assuredly state facts regarding missed workouts, rehab appointments and lack of responsability to the team.  

To not see how BB could impact this case is simply looking at the situation thru rose colors glasses. To think this is a BB witch hunt is Rusty-ish

However, what ever the facts are to what BB did or did not know, if he was privy to AH's reckless behaviour, this could get embarassing

Rusty can stand there with his fists and jaw clenched and eyes closed saying it is not so...but the facts will emerge, and BB may not be shown in such a great light

NFL cant touch him, but pr nightmare once the level of BB's knowledge of what was going on with Hern is made public

Unless he sent a text to AH that reads "I heard you offed someone last week.  Cut that out or you'll have to run extra laps at practice" I don't really see what possible information you think is going to be in text messages that makes BB look bad.  It's the same thing with the psych evaluations.  Knowing someone is a little bit weird doesn't mean you had any clue they were doing their best Tony Montana impersonation in their free time.

PCM, seriously?

What if there is a text from BB to Ah, stating "if you miss another rehab session or blow off the training staff, or if you continue to miss workouts, I will have to cut you from the team"...and then AH misses 5 more sessions. Is this type of text going to help the defense imply what AH's state of mind was, that he was going to blow his new contract?

What if AH sent BB a text stating "I am afraid to show up at rehab because some guys are looking for me, and know when I will show up at the stadium, so I cant come in". Does this help the defense?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

It's just odd how people think the lawyers are out to get Belichick or embarrass the Patriots in some way.  That's not it at all. They're just looking for things that may help their defense.  Most likely, what they are looking for is what the lawyer implied in his written statement for the judge: things that give evidence of Hernandez's state of mind before the murders.  State of mind is always relevant in a first degree murder case, since you have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the murder was premeditated and not just and not just an impulsive reaction. If Hernandez was exhibiting impulse control issues (likely connected to brain trauma), the lawyers may be able to establish reasonable doubt in the mind of the jury that Hernandez was in control of this thoughts and actions.  That's all they need to do to get Hernandez acquitted of first degree murder. 

I also offered the point of a lesser guilty sentence in another thread depending on AH's mental state. There is a huge difference between this being bumped to a federal case (death penalty), first degree (life with no parole) and second degree (chance of parole).

Surely, numerous members of the Pats staff, most definitely including BB, may be able to offer pointed and specific instances of how and when head trauma may have occured. If other reports are to be believed, and the text messages are legit, BB could most assuredly state facts regarding missed workouts, rehab appointments and lack of responsability to the team.  

To not see how BB could impact this case is simply looking at the situation thru rose colors glasses. To think this is a BB witch hunt is Rusty-ish

However, what ever the facts are to what BB did or did not know, if he was privy to AH's reckless behaviour, this could get embarassing

Rusty can stand there with his fists and jaw clenched and eyes closed saying it is not so...but the facts will emerge, and BB may not be shown in such a great light

[object HTMLDivElement]

i state again that BB or Kraft can't offer medical testimony. It's hearsay being their not medically educated to give this type of testimony.  They would have to bring in the medical staff. BB and Kraft can offer their opinion on mood and demeanor but a good lawyer will get that thrown out as opinion. Trail lawyers are ruthless. This guy could go to jail for life and there's a juicy signing bonus to be milked out an hour at a time. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

Seems like there are a lot of imaginations running wild around here.  More times than not, reality is not nearly as exciting as we imagine it will be.

Thank god training camp and the pre-season are just around the corner.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I don't know anything about what can be used in court or not. I just know that I would love to see those texts. Anyone that thinks they had that many texts about anything football related is naive to the umpteenth degree but then again, lots of fans all of a sudden turn green when it comes to BB. All I can say is be prepared for the worst and stop thinking so narrow minded. Its clear that Hern reached out to BB in some fashion and I bet it is about his personal life, so all there is to find out is how personal did it get and what did he tell him. Did BB advise on the safehouse and all that reported prior? lets not forget that the Pats say they sent AH to cali with Tom when really the 911 call said there was a situation with he and his g/f where he ended up cut and he was drinking. So to me, this is def. newsworthy and anyone that is saying its not interesting or pats business anymore is lying to themselves. BB is still coach here.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

You guys need football to start now more than ever. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

5 days until rookies report!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

RKarp I know you think Odin Llyod's death was because of the action of Belichek and Kraft but come on. These messages are months before the Lloyd and months after the drive by. It is a probably a lot of "wow Aaron you are such a good guy, you really came a long way". It is just going to show Belichek being duped.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Never in a million years would I believe BB would have 33 pages of texts with a player.....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

LOL!

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

RKarp I know you think Odin Llyod's death was because of the action of Belichek and Kraft but come on. These messages are months before the Lloyd and months after the drive by. It is a probably a lot of "wow Aaron you are such a good guy, you really came a long way". It is just going to show Belichek being duped.

I have said no such thing, ever.

Go back and check your timelines, as you are incorrect on the timing

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

LOL!

Karp, do you really believe this?

[object HTMLDivElement]

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:

5 days until rookies report!

I'll take it!!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Stay away from voting booths...Stop procreating..........I'm only going to Discuss the Buffalo Bills.
    CLASSICS.  hahahahahahahahaha

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

In response to digger0862's comment:

LOL!

Karp, do you really believe this?

[object HTMLDivElement]

I do not know what to believe and what not to believe. I can tell you that numerous media folks are throwing a lot of resources at the story, and many of the resources are legal experts and not experts on football. a lot of innuendo out there, and a lot of where there is smoke there is fire..

I do not want to speak for anyone here, as that is not my job. and as you know, the local guys dont speculate nor do they gossp publically. they also have a professional relationship with both BB and RK, and they do not want to upset that link.

but many here think something is going to come of it that does not put the team in a positive light. nothing illegal, but not positive.

the feeling here is also that AH will not be proven innocent, but will the charges be M1 or M2? the feeling is that they are angling for M2, which is why the conversation/texts with BB may carry weight

to give board credit where credit is due...Prolate hit the nail on the same head as many here  

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

I'd call BB, I'd call Kraft.  The texts could back fire on Hernandez. BB could say he was trying to keep tabs on him to insure he wasn't going to get in trouble. He could be checking on injurys, how he felt, how he was doing. 

As far as asking belichick medical information, the prosecution will object every time on the grounds that he is not a trained medical professional and anything he would say is hearsay.  Even if the medical staff told him something if the defense can't cross examine the source it's not admissible. 

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

But, but I'm a good poster!

This is exactly what the defense would be looking for--evidence that Hernandez's behaviour was erreatic and that he had suffered (head) injuries.  They aren't looking for Belichick's medical opinions, which are worthless.  They are looking for Belichick's obsevations of behaviour that might suggest Hernandez was acting as if wasn't fully in control of his faculties.

• This post has been removed.

To be clear, Karp, this wasn't directed at you.  It was directed at all the people who seem to want to defend the Pats' honour.  The Pats' honour isn't what's being questioned.  Most likely, all the lawyers are looking for is evidence of brain injury or behaviour consistent with brain injury.  They want that not to blame the Pats, but merely to find an excuse for the jury to acquit Hernandez of first degree murder.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

don't care

• Sections
    Shortcuts