OT: BB and AHern had a reported 33 pages of texts b/w them (IF YOU DONT CARE THEN DONT READ IT)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: OT: BB and AHern had a reported 33 pages of texts b/w them (IF YOU DONT CARE THEN DONT READ IT)

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

You and this McCann dork couldn't be any more contradictory.  I haven't seen this kind of flip flopping since the John Kerry run in 2004.

Go read what you wrote previously and then this McCann goober contradicting himself all throughout his commentary.

My god.  You're so far gone you can't even see it.

McCann said exactly what I said

Most likely BB and Pats have zero liability legally

Depending on what is in the scout and medical reports and the texts, the Pats and BB could be very embarassed

That is what I said from the very beginning, hence your mocking "what did they know"

well it seems what they knew might come back and bite him on the arss

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: OT: BB and AHern had a reported 33 pages of texts b/w them (IF YOU DONT CARE THEN DONT READ IT)

In response to mthurl's comment:

Thirty three pages of text messages between Belichick and Hernandez is 33 too many. I can't picture Belichick involved in any text messages between any of his players, never mind 33 with a sociopath. I can't imagine how anyone could spin this as a good thing and as far as our village idiot goes...this is the same guy who last year said nothing was going on with Hernandez when police were showing up at his door with search warrants.

Your last statment is a flat out lie. All I said is let's wait and see what the rumors were all about before knee jerking anything.

See, inbreds and simpletons make knee jerk reactions which is why you're on some discounted vacation in the Cayman Islands in the middle of July, a mere 5 feet from the equator (literally) and bragging about it.

LMAO

Apparently, you don't text your boss like other normal, working adults do.  Then again, you're unemployed and mooch off of the wifey's career.

Wrong, you did blame the police for showing up at his door for no reason (what you said at the time). That's what you did.

And I'm not bragging about being on vacation, I mentioned it because you said I was unemployed...which I wouldn't be of I was on vacation. You silly little dope.

And texting your head coach in the off season - especially one like Belichick - is a bit different than texting your boss. And as far as texting your boss goes...it depends on the type of work you do, for me I meet with my boss every morning and we communicate through email. I'm willing to bet some people do that as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

If Belichick ever left the patriots for another team, Rusty would no longer be a Pats fan.  

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"You have spent years and years here mocking bb wih your buddies. If you do not like what he provides the fans, get outta here once and for all."

So you're saying no matter what BB does, no matter how unethical his behavior turns out to be, no matter how shameful, that's irrelevant - Pats fans should only be grateful for the winning? 

Well, that's crap. I don't expect my team owners and managers to be angels, but BB's rap sheet is (potentially) starting to pile up. I'm still happy he's our GM and coach.

Until the content of the texts is made public, nothing is certain, but if you're promoting the notion that no matter what is revealed, a fan's position on BB can't change, that's sycophant stuff, have fun with that. 

I'll wait and see. Early view is the 33 pages of texts right around the time that BB claimed he didn't know what was up with AH is concerning, and probably opens him up to civil suits - legit or not. 

But - he could yet be vindicated on this. Perhaps he and AH were just discussing Tom Brady's control over the offense and figuring out if they could get him to pass less. Rush to judgement is not fair, so, we wait.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

My interest lies in pointing out how dumb people are who think they are smart.  You know, like you.

You have spent years and years here mocking bb wih your buddies.  If you do not like what he provides the fans, get outta here once and for all.

The real fans here do not want the board spammed with non-patriots material like this.

Many have moved since he has been released like normal adults would.  Go to nancygrace.com until the trial starts in may.

Every one of your posts does that brilliantly Rusty.  

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

My interest lies in pointing out how dumb people are who think they are smart.  You know, like you.

You have spent years and years here mocking bb wih your buddies.  If you do not like what he provides the fans, get outta here once and for all.

The real fans here do not want the board spammed with non-patriots material like this.

Many have moved since he has been released like normal adults would.  Go to nancygrace.com until the trial starts in may.

Every one of your posts does that brilliantly Rusty.  

: )))

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

PCM, seriously?

What if there is a text from BB to Ah, stating "if you miss another rehab session or blow off the training staff, or if you continue to miss workouts, I will have to cut you from the team"...and then AH misses 5 more sessions. Is this type of text going to help the defense imply what AH's state of mind was, that he was going to blow his new contract?

What if AH sent BB a text stating "I am afraid to show up at rehab because some guys are looking for me, and know when I will show up at the stadium, so I cant come in". Does this help the defense?

Dude you keep going on about how there is this secret material in the psych evaluations or texts that is embarrassing for the organization.  I don't agree and that has nothing to do with whether or not anything in those materials "helps the defense".  If the defense wants to argue that Hernandez couldn't commit 1st degree murder because of diminished capacity and AH sent a text to BB complaining about headaches that could be "useful to the defense", but isn't embarrassing for the team or for BB.  As I said from the beginning I find it hard to believe that any of the material you are speculating about is embarrassing for the Patriots or BB.  So what if some psych evaluation said that AH was weird?  So what if BB was paying extra attention to AH?  For the last time that doesn't mean he knew what kind of Tony Montana crap AH was up to. There are lots of guys with weird psychology and rough backgrounds in the NFL.  There are lots of guys that teams pay a bit more attention to in the NFL.  99.9% of them do not do what Hernandez did.  I just don't think any materials or communications suggesting that Hernandez was a high maintenance player is embarrassing for the Patriots.  Maybe we disagree, but short of BB texting Kraft "I'm worried that Aaron might kill someone" I just don't think this is a big deal.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

PCM, seriously?

What if there is a text from BB to Ah, stating "if you miss another rehab session or blow off the training staff, or if you continue to miss workouts, I will have to cut you from the team"...and then AH misses 5 more sessions. Is this type of text going to help the defense imply what AH's state of mind was, that he was going to blow his new contract?

What if AH sent BB a text stating "I am afraid to show up at rehab because some guys are looking for me, and know when I will show up at the stadium, so I cant come in". Does this help the defense?

Dude you keep going on about how there is this secret material in the psych evaluations or texts that is embarrassing for the organization.  I don't agree and that has nothing to do with whether or not anything in those materials "helps the defense".  If the defense wants to argue that Hernandez couldn't commit 1st degree murder because of diminished capacity and AH sent a text to BB complaining about headaches that could be "useful to the defense", but isn't embarrassing for the team or for BB.  As I said from the beginning I find it hard to believe that any of the material you are speculating about is embarrassing for the Patriots or BB.  So what if some psych evaluation said that AH was weird?  So what if BB was paying extra attention to AH?  For the last time that doesn't mean he knew what kind of Tony Montana crap AH was up to. There are lots of guys with weird psychology and rough backgrounds in the NFL.  There are lots of guys that teams pay a bit more attention to in the NFL.  99.9% of them do not do what Hernandez did.  I just don't think any materials or communications suggesting that Hernandez was a high maintenance player is embarrassing for the Patriots.  Maybe we disagree, but short of BB texting Kraft "I'm worried that Aaron might kill someone" I just don't think this is a big deal.

PCM

Agreed. This is not about the Pats. The Pats are not on trial; it is only about Hernandez. The Pats have nothing to worry about legally or PR wise,  if they are honest and transparent in all interactions with the legal system. If they made a mistake in any interaction with him, they just need to be straight up about it. It would be difficult for any  team, GM, coach or owner to handle a guy like Hernandez.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

PCM, seriously?

PCM

Agreed. This is not about the Pats. The Pats are not on trial; it is only about Hernandez. The Pats have nothing to worry about legally or PR wise,  if they are honest and transparent in all interactions with the legal system. If they made a mistake in any interaction with him, they just need to be straight up about it. It would be difficult for any  team, GM, coach or owner to handle a guy like Hernandez.

I never, ever, ever said the Pats or BB were on trial. I never, ever said it was about the Pats.

What I did say is that information could be released that would embarass the team/BB. That is all I said. In fact I specifically said there was no legal issues, only potential embarassment...period

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Oh, so it was 33 texts, not 33 pages?  Never mind...

Sorry to disappoint the haters.

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Muzzy, does it matter? Let's see what was said, and do you really think BB was asking him how his summer was going? 

Muzzy, does it matter? Let's see what was said, and do you really think BB was asking him how his summer was going? 

Of course it matters. 33 (or 34?) texts between two people over however many months is kind of insignificant. 33 pages of texts is something else entirely. I would say that matters very significantly. It might break down to five or six texts a month vs. hundreds. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Again, Belichick's not on trial.  The number of texts is irrelevant.  It's what's in them that matters.  If there's just one that helps Hernandez's defense then the texts are relevant.  If there were eight billion of them and none helped the defense, then (from the perspective of the lawyers asking for them) they'd all be irrelevant.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Again, Belichick's not on trial.  The number of texts is irrelevant.  It's what's in them that matters.  If there's just one that helps Hernandez's defense then the texts are relevant.  If there were eight billion of them and none helped the defense, then (from the perspective of the lawyers asking for them) they'd all be irrelevant.

BB Text to Hernandez:  " Remember Aaron, 2 in the head just to be safe"

Naturally. But the fact that there are so few seems to rule out any sort of in-depth anything. I'm fairly certain that BB, if nothing else, is intelligent enough to mind what he puts in writing. There's no story here, never was.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Naturally. But the fact that there are so few seems to rule out any sort of in-depth anything. I'm fairly certain that BB, if nothing else, is intelligent enough to mind what he puts in writing. There's no story here, never was.

I wouldn't expect to find much "inappropriate" from BB's side.  As I said before, the defense is probably most interested in finding evidence of Hernandez having head injuries or demonstrating erratic behaviour.  If the texts are useful to the defense, they may simply be texts where Hernandez tells Belichick he can't make practice or something like that. They'll be small building blocks in a bigger story. 

Pro,

these are the facts, regardless of what Doug or Muzzy believe;

-the defense is trying to portray AH's mental state and feel that the pats can help the case, be it texts, reports or medical record

-The Pats, nor BB are on trial here, but there are two distinct possibilities. 1) BB could have been simply discussing football with Hern. If this is the case, that is against league rules, and Bb may be penalized by the NFL. 2) BB could have been discussing Hern's problems, and the NFL nor the courts can do anything about that, but it would be embarassing

-it is highly, highly doubtful, that Bb was texting Hern socially, asking him how his summer bbq's are going. While that scenario is certainly plausible, it is a reach

-regardless, during the time of the texting, Hern had been in serious legal trouble, and the pats as his employer, and their police contacts and inside investigative team, had to have been somewhat aware of. The rumored shooting in Fla was very much "out there" and lawyers were looking for Hern. All this time, Hern was texting BB saying "hello, everything is hunky dory?"

Pro,

these are the facts, regardless of what Doug or Muzzy believe;

-the defense is trying to portray AH's mental state and feel that the pats can help the case, be it texts, reports or medical record

-The Pats, nor BB are on trial here, but there are two distinct possibilities. 1) BB could have been simply discussing football with Hern. If this is the case, that is against league rules, and Bb may be penalized by the NFL. 2) BB could have been discussing Hern's problems, and the NFL nor the courts can do anything about that, but it would be embarassing

-it is highly, highly doubtful, that Bb was texting Hern socially, asking him how his summer bbq's are going. While that scenario is certainly plausible, it is a reach

-regardless, during the time of the texting, Hern had been in serious legal trouble, and the pats as his employer, and their police contacts and inside investigative team, had to have been somewhat aware of. The rumored shooting in Fla was very much "out there" and lawyers were looking for Hern. All this time, Hern was texting BB saying "hello, everything is hunky dory?"

While there's a period during the offseason (between the voluntary workout period and the opening of training camp) when coaches and players can't participate together in any kind of coaching activity, I don't believe all communication between coaches and players is prohibited.  And there are plenty of times during the offseason when some coaching activities are allowed, so the texting between BB and Hernandez isn't necessarily against league rules.  Those 34 texts apparently occurred between Dec 2012 and April 2013.  Those would be times when contact between players and coaches is allowed, I believe, since it would coincide with the end of the season and the offseason workout period.  I think Hernandez had shoulder surgery during that period, so it's quite possible BB was just asking him how he was doing.  It could all be quite mundane.

Again, the defense is just looking for evidence that might support an argument that Hernandez has some kind of mental impairment that prevented him from being fully in control of his actions on the night of the murder. It seems to me that people are jumping to all sorts of conclusions about what might be in those texts.  Hernandez's lawyers, I'm sure, aren't expecting to find any shocking "smoking gun" in those texts.  They're just looking for bits of information that might help build their case.  Honestly, it seems like people are either blowing the significance of these texts way out of proportion or trying to pretend they have no significance at all.  The truth is they may or may not have significance, but if they do have significance it's most likely because they provide simple examples of erratic behaviour or evidence of a head injury.  I doubt the lawyers expect more than that from the texts, and personally I don't expect much more either.  Is it possible there's something really embarrassing to Bill Belichick in the texts? Sure. Anything's possible.  But at this point assuming that there's something embarrassing seems to be very speculative.  There are plenty of reasons to suspect these are just ordinary communications between a player and his coach.  

RK, here's the thing, I don't really care about Hernandez and his legal issues. Whatever happens there happens. From a Patriots perspective, I zero concerns about 34 texts. For all we know, there are 30 texts from Hernandez and four from BB saying "Okay" (which is what 75% of my texts say). 

It seems to me though, that you are hanging on to any shred of hope that BB and/or the Pats will somehow get caught doing something wrong. You want that, it's pretty clear. OK, fine that's your hope.

My advice is to look elsewhere, this horse is dead.

I pretty much agree with Muzz, here, that these texts aren't going to be embarrassing.  But to play along here are three possible ways they could be embarrassing (all, in my opinion, are quite unlikely):

• Belichick knew Hernandez was up to no-good and was advising him on how to keep it secret
    • Belichick knew Hernandez had a significant head injury and was trying to get him to play anyway
    • Belichick is like Anthony Weiner or Bret Favre and likes to text pictures of his junk

• Sections
    Shortcuts