OT - Black History Month - Joe Frazier - When The Smoke Clears (2011)

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Re: OT - Black History Month - Joe Frazier - When The Smoke Clears (2011)

If you like boxing I recommend Facing Ali, When We Were Kings, or the ESPN 30 for 30 film on Holmes vs. Ali. I don't think Frazier was ever really given his due after losses to Ali and Foreman. He was a great heavyweight when the division had numerous tough, tough fighters (Shavers, Norton, Quarry, Chuvalo, Lyle etc...) For me , the late 60s to late 70s was a golden age for the Heavyweight Division.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

If you like boxing I recommend Facing Ali, When We Were Kings, or the ESPN 30 for 30 film on Holmes vs. Ali. I don't think Frazier was ever really given his due after losses to Ali and Foreman. He was a great heavyweight when the division had numerous tough, tough fighters (Shavers, Norton, Quarry, Chuvalo, Lyle etc...) For me , the late 60s to late 70s was a golden age for the Heavyweight Division.

Agreed. Smoking Joe was a great fighter. But, Big George was just too big and too powerful for him to handle.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:

What does it matter if the person providing a good discussion is a jets fan or not?  This has nothing to do with Patriots, Jets, or football.  You are seriously a disturbed, miserable individual.   

Thanks TFB.  Funny thing is that I've been a Patriot fan for a really long time; despite the highly unsubtantiated rumor.

LOL!  I hear ya!  Just Rusty being Rusty.  The poor miserable person that he is.

Stop being a DUMBA_ _...you know it's BUST-CHISE...lmao..anything to go after Rusty...

You've admitted to me before you know all of his names are the same Jets Troll...

Hate on Rusty all you want...just don't lie for a Jets Troll...that's lower than Bonking Cats...and we all know who does THAT! (rhymes with LUST-CHISE!)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Smokin' Joe..great fighter...wonderful champ, had heart, great power aqnd stamina, could bob and weave for 15 rounds, washard to hit...he just didn't match up well with "The Mummy" Foreman, as Ali called him...

Foreman...just an OK champ...a much better sales huckster....

Ali...greatest of all time...he gave his brains to do it as well...sad!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:

What does it matter if the person providing a good discussion is a jets fan or not?  This has nothing to do with Patriots, Jets, or football.  You are seriously a disturbed, miserable individual.   

Thanks TFB.  Funny thing is that I've been a Patriot fan for a really long time; despite the highly unsubtantiated rumor.

LOL!  I hear ya!  Just Rusty being Rusty.  The poor miserable person that he is.

Stop being a DUMBA_ _...you know it's BUST-CHISE...lmao..anything to go after Rusty...

You've admitted to me before you know all of his names are the same Jets Troll...

Hate on Rusty all you want...just don't lie for a Jets Troll...that's lower than Bonking Cats...and we all know who does THAT! (rhymes with LUST-CHISE!)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Get a life! You are worst than any troll.  Your suppose to be some 50 year old quoting a g@y laugh made famous by final fantasy and anime villains. Grow up! Back on ignore you go!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

If Frazier didnt get inside he was vulnerable. Let him get in close and he could kill you.  His son Marvin's had a short lived career when he impersonated a piñata against Holmes. Holmes whipped up on him so bad he kept waving the ref over to stop the fight so he wouldn't kill him. 

Sections
Shortcuts