OT - Black History Month - Joe Frazier - When The Smoke Clears (2011)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Re: OT - Black History Month - Joe Frazier - When The Smoke Clears (2011)

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"clowned"?

Wasn't Frazier 1-2 vs Ali all time? I believe he won the first fight. 

Only teenie boppers use the word "clowned". If you are near my age, we never used that growing up as a word.  See, this is why people think you are a teenager.  Also, you're talking to Bustchise, a Jets tool troll.

Congrats!

[/QUOTE]

Um, I'm pretty sure that people your age do not say "LOL city" either.

In fact, people over the age of 10 don't say half the things that you say. My goodness, are you obtuse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Norman Mailer and Joyce Carol Oates have also written great books on boxing. Agree on the Tyson documentary which discloses that Tyson had respiratory problems all his life.

If anyone can tell me how I can find and buy Ward-Gatti trilogy please let me know. I want to buy it for a friend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Norman Mailer and Joyce Carol Oates have also written great books on boxing. Agree on the Tyson documentary which discloses that Tyson had respiratory problems all his life.

If anyone can tell me how I can find and buy Ward-Gatti trilogy please let me know. I want to buy it for a friend.

[/QUOTE]

Try eBay

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Don't have paypal or ebay account. I tried at my local DVD store, but they only work with certain distributors. It seems like a no-brainer for HBO, ESPN or Showtime to put this DVD out for boxing fans. Again a niche market, but a market that will purchase said DVD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I have purchased some old fights online in the past but I can't remember the company name. 

Try this place, looks like they have Gotti vs Ward trilogy on sale for $14.95.  I have not purchased from this place so do your research first.  Give them a call, see if you can mail them a money order.  Let me know what you think..

Visit this web site, click on the special sets title, the Gotti vs Ward is about half way down the page.

http://boxingjunkies.com/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.hulu.com/watch/322857

Pretty cool video on Joe Frazier

[/QUOTE]

Smokin' Joe! Great fighter with lotta heart...just a little small for a heavyweight and had no chance against a monster like Foreman...very much the Evander Holyfield of his day, an undersized man with a big heart who took on all comers

[/QUOTE]

Holyfield vs Frazier would have been a good fight.  Heck, Frazier vs Michael Dokes would have been an amazing fight.

[/QUOTE]

Holyfield vs Frazier would've been a classic...probably the two greatest "small" heavyweights ever

[/QUOTE]

Like Frazier and Ken Norton, I could see Holyfield giving Muhammad Ali trouble. His fighting style and his hell bent determination would have created quite a match.

But, the young Muhammad Ali would have destroyed all. Ali from '65-67 was supranatural. Too bad we were deprived of seeing him fight in his prime years, from '67-69.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

JohnHannahrulz...I think this is what you're looking for?

http://boxingjunkies.com/product/gatti-vs-ward-boxing-trilogy-on-3-boxing-dvds/

$14.95 plus shipping

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to PhatVirginian's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What does it matter if the person providing a good discussion is a jets fan or not?  This has nothing to do with Patriots, Jets, or football.  You are seriously a disturbed, miserable individual.   

[/QUOTE]

Thanks TFB.  Funny thing is that I've been a Patriot fan for a really long time; despite the highly unsubtantiated rumor.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!  I hear ya!  Just Rusty being Rusty.  The poor miserable person that he is.

[/QUOTE]

Stop being a DUMBA_ _...you know it's BUST-CHISE...lmao..anything to go after Rusty...

You've admitted to me before you know all of his names are the same Jets Troll...

Hate on Rusty all you want...just don't lie for a Jets Troll...that's lower than Bonking Cats...and we all know who does THAT! (rhymes with LUST-CHISE!)

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about, Mel?  I never admitted to you anything concerning members names.  The only thing I admitted to concerning names was the Denver fan Papajohn had a few different names that he admitted to me and it was Rusty that I mentioned those names to, not you.  So now I have to wonder about you.  Are you Rusty?  BTW, the reason I mentioned those names to Rusty is because it seems he was confused and was accusing someone else as being Papajohn.  I don't care who posts here or who is who, if I agree with their post then we have a friendly conversation.  If I don't then the conversation is a bit different.  That's it.  I think some people need to focus less time accusing people of what screen names they think they have on here and more time focusing on good forum content.   

[/QUOTE]

Don't play the hurt little boy wih me...you are a RUSTY HATER...you'll gang up with anyone who hates him...just admit it...don't be a gutlless wonder...and yes, you DID admit you knew BUST-CHISE was all those screen names...yes you did...I don't lie about what I know people say in here....do what you want...just be honest about it...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I'm looking forward to Irish-American History Month coming up in just a few days.

Maybe we can have a big thread about Jack Dempsey and Gene Tunney then.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

Don't play the hurt little boy wih me...you are a RUSTY HATER...you'll gang up with anyone who hates him...just admit it...don't be a gutlless wonder...and yes, you DID admit you knew BUST-CHISE was all those screen names...yes you did...I don't lie about what I know people say in here....do what you want...just be honest about it...

[/QUOTE]

Wow, never had a single problem with you Mel, until now.  Yeah Rusty is a fraud, liar, drama queen, gutless wonder who is on mental medications but I don't just back someone for the sake of being against Rusty.  I have always got along with you even though you are a big Rusty fan.  But whatever.  And I know for a fact I never said I knew Bustchise was all those screen names because quite honestly I don't think he is.  I think there are a few different people running multiple screen names.  I'm now thinking you are one of them.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

I have purchased some old fights online in the past but I can't remember the company name. 

Try this place, looks like they have Gotti vs Ward trilogy on sale for $14.95.  I have not purchased from this place so do your research first.  Give them a call, see if you can mail them a money order.  Let me know what you think..

Visit this web site, click on the special sets title, the Gotti vs Ward is about half way down the page.

http://boxingjunkies.com/

[/QUOTE]

I did a little research and if you are looking for quality DVD's try this place....

http://boxingwholesale.com/boxingwebsite28_026.htm

Same price as the boxing junkies place, however it seem boxing junkies quality isn't as good.  According to some reviews boxing junkies copies the dvd's from boxingwholesale and the talking is out of sync and some audio issues.  Plusboxing wholesale decorates the dvd for you where the boxing junkies write on the dvd with a sharpie.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm looking forward to Irish-American History Month coming up in just a few days.

[/QUOTE]

that would be fun babe...also the first world famous heavyweight champ John L Sullivan

i remember reading when he was champ and visited one city (may have been NY or maybe London can't remember) 100,000 people turned out and gave him a parade..and this was pre-1900

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

unbelievable trilogy...two guys who refused to go down! and they remained good friends till Gatti's sad untimely death

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

Wow, never had a single problem with you Mel, until now.  Yeah Rusty is a fraud, liar, drama queen, gutless wonder who is on mental medications but I don't just back someone for the sake of being against Rusty.  I have always got along with you even though you are a big Rusty fan.  But whatever.  And I know for a fact I never said I knew Bustchise was all those screen names because quite honestly I don't think he is.  I think there are a few different people running multiple screen names.  I'm now thinking you are one of them.

[/QUOTE]

Of course I'm one of them, but mine stick out like sore thumbs...But they exist only to let folks know who BUST-CHISE is...you have to be blind to not know that in here...It makes me sick to be a loyal Pats fan knowing that BUST-CHISE runs around here fooling all you folks...It just does...The only hate, real HATE, I have in this world is towards the NY JETS and all those who love them...lol..(I don't HATE anyone really except my ex wife's attorney, but that's another story)......BUST-CHISE is one...he knows I know his screen names...it's been plastered all over these pages time and time again...and trust me, he gets off fooling all of you...

I have no problem with you TB...and I'm sure Rusty doesn't care for that...Yeah, I get along with him..and RALLY....I'm an individual...I just don't like people ganging up on anyone here...I'd defend you as well...anyone except BUST-CHISE...and Babe...I can't stand hateful religious bigots who are also hypocrites.... PEACE dude...love your artwork..but you know that...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that would be fun babe...also the first world famous heavyweight champ John L Sullivan

i remember reading when he was champ and visited one city (may have been NY or maybe London can't remember) 100,000 people turned out and gave him a parade..and this was pre-1900

[/QUOTE]

There were some tremendous fights back in the day.  Not sure where fans would place Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns, or Sugar Ray Leonard in the history of boxing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course I'm one of them, but mine stick out like sore thumbs...But they exist only to let folks know who BUST-CHISE is...you have to be blind to not know that in here...It makes me sick to be a loyal Pats fan knowing that BUST-CHISE runs around here fooling all you folks...It just does...The only hate, real HATE, I have in this world is towards the NY JETS and all those who love them...lol..(I don't HATE anyone really except my ex wife's attorney, but that's another story)......BUST-CHISE is one...he knows I know his screen names...it's been plastered all over these pages time and time again...and trust me, he gets off fooling all of you...

I have no problem with you TB...and I'm sure Rusty doesn't care for that...Yeah, I get along with him..and RALLY....I'm an individual...I just don't like people ganging up on anyone here...I'd defend you as well...anyone except BUST-CHISE...and Babe...I can't stand hateful religious bigots who are also hypocrites.... PEACE dude...love your artwork..but you know that...

[/QUOTE]

All is good, Mel.  Honestly, I don't really pay a lot of attention to who has multiple screen names, sure there are the obvious Jets, Giants and even Bronco and Colts fans but I really don't even care, as long as they provide good discussion.  When they don't then they will hear it from me, just the same with Rusty or any Pats fan that I don't agree with.

I'm here to have fun, talk Pats football and other sporting topics... doesn't matter who it comes from.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There were some tremendous fights back in the day.  Not sure where fans would place Marvin Hagler, Thomas Hearns, or Sugar Ray Leonard in the history of boxing.

[/QUOTE]

As much as I didn't like him you can't leave out Roberto Duran.  One tough dude and top 2 greatest LW fighter of all time.  Put on some great battles in the WW and MW divisions too.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to OnlyDaTruth's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As much as I didn't like him you can't leave out Roberto Duran.  One tough dude and top 2 greatest LW fighter of all time.  Put on some great battles in the WW and MW divisions too.

[/QUOTE]

Yep, I forgot about him.  Titles in 4 weight classes.