OT: Bode Miller Interview

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: OT: Bode Miller Interview

Watched that too, Rusty, and just couldn't figure out what she was up to.  You could clearly tell he was getting emotional and she should have stopped.  Apparently she did not take Interview Sensitivity 101.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

saw this as well. really pizzed me off no doubt.

honestly not trying to be sexist but thats what happens when you let women get in on sports interviews. aka Erin Andrews example A of crap

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Is this the first time you guys have watched the Olympics? Atheletes overcoming personal tragedy is the network's best friend. Good for at least an hour of non sports air time.

This is why I prefer to watch daytime actual event broadcasts and stay away from the primetime garbage which leans more towards ET and TMZ than a sports broadcast

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Did anyone catch this last night?

The guy wins the bronze and some moron post race interveiwer all but heckled the guy about his brother's death last year, to the point of making him break down.

She was probing around trying to get him to mention the brother, so Miller acknowledged it on the second question, and then she kept re-pharasing questions about how this win must have been for the brother, until the dude basically collapsed.

She should be suspended and be sent to sensitivity training immediately. Probably the most unprofessional interview I've seen in years. Absolutely unacceptable behavior.

[/QUOTE]

I missed the questions but totally understood the response.  I teared up myself.  He skied great and I think he could have 2 medals by the time this is over.  His brother is helping him to keep focused and his wife is amazing .  the intervieiw with her was excellent and really put the picture together.

Look I was all over this olympics without the fluff interviews, but the emotion is real so its part of the equation.  couldn't care less about the interviewer.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

honestly not trying to be sexist but thats what happens when you let women get in on sports interviews. aka Erin Andrews example A of crap

[/QUOTE]

hahaha totally sexist though

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Joe, you sexist pig! (Just kidding, Joe)

Michelle Tafoya is pretty good
    Lesley Visser, before she got too scary looking following all her facial surgeries, was also very good
    Doris Burke

Interviews go bad because the interviewer is inept, not because of gender

Who was it? Kristin Cooper?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

She is a good ski analyst, not an interviewer. I blame the producer for putting her in that role

Sounds like she blew it

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

One question should have been enough. If she didnt like the response, she should have just moved on. No follow up

She's no skilled interviewer though. She needs to stick to what she does best

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Watched that too, Rusty, and just couldn't figure out what she was up to.  You could clearly tell he was getting emotional and she should have stopped.  Apparently she did not take Interview Sensitivity 101.

[/QUOTE]

I coulnd't believe it.   She should be suspended. I hate the media when they try to make it about them vs what it is they are covering.

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that there is a producer in her ear probably telling her to push the matter further.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:

[/QUOTE]

I know it is and I feel bad for saying it but s h i t I cannot stand them on sports at all. at all

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joe, you sexist pig! (Just kidding, Joe)

Michelle Tafoya is pretty good
    Lesley Visser, before she got too scary looking following all her facial surgeries, was also very good
    Doris Burke

Interviews go bad because the interviewer is inept, not because of gender

Who was it? Kristin Cooper?

[/QUOTE]

I dont like Tafoya too much. I like doris burke, she's good. Linda Cohn on SC is the only anchor i can stand. she's been around so long and doesnt sound like a total bimbo so i like her.
    I know interviews arent gender based but im looking at women on sports stuff in general Sportscenter, Foxsports1 that kinda crap. all annoying.

thats about it though

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I didn't see it but a "reporter" has a right to ask whatever they want as does the interviewee have the right to walk away.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to NYPatsFan12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know it is and I feel bad for saying it but s h i t I cannot stand them on sports at all. at all

[/QUOTE]

You probably can't stand females on Patriots forum either.  Too bad 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

You probably can't stand females on Patriots forum either.  Too bad 

[/QUOTE]

no issue at all. as long as you know what you're talking about (which you do)

Sections
Shortcuts