OT... bored at work anyone want to do some FF chat?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

OT... bored at work anyone want to do some FF chat?

So after the last few years do you think more people are going for the few elite QBs "fantasy point wise" over sure running backs? 

Example P. Manning ridiculous points he scored last year. 

What players do you think will have a much improved year over last year?

I know Gronk is a big risk but you have to think he is going to have big points days... the question on where to you take the chance?  

Most ranking systems have him around the fourth round but I bet someone takes him in the third round.

I might take him over Vincent Jackson as an example...  It is so hard knowing that you most likely need a few good backups or do you take one and hope someone emerges that you can pick up during the season.

Any sleepers or people you think will have a break out year? How about any puzzlers out there that you see in the rankings?

Ty Hilton I think is going to have a good increase in production.

I still think Percey Harvin is a bad bet, that some are going to take way too high.  Only season that he was a great addition to a team was his first because most didn't see him coming.

Well here is a start to anyone who wants to bs some.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

Re: OT... bored at work anyone want to do some FF chat?

no one commenting because we don't want anyone to know what we're going to do..I was hoping Patseng would comment but he'd probably lie anyway!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

csylvia79 is the world laziest Fantasy Football cheater on BDC.  Hoping we spill the beans like NEGAME said!

Haha, just kidding csylvia. 

I think in our leagues Gronk goes before round 4, other leagues late round 4 seems good, maybe even early 5th.  For me, I'm not sure I would take him any sooner then an early 4th.  But of course it's hard to stick to your guns during a FF draft.  If Gronk was sitting there in the late 3rd and it was my pick I just might grab him, LOL!  You know once that first pick is taken all draft logic and game plan is out the window. 

As for RB's, I think the first 3 picks will be RB's.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I would never take a QB in the first round in a single QB league.  Let's say you are in a 12 team league that starts 2 RB and 1 QB.  The 12th ranked QB last season in standard scoring was Big Ben.  The 24th ranked RB was Andre Ellington who wasn't even a full time player.  In order for picking a QB early to pay off you need to pick a guy that ends up being head and shoulders above the rest of the QB pack. Some seasons that doesn't even happen. Two seasons ago there was only 41 points separating the production between the top ranked QB and the 7th ranked QB. With more teams switching to RBBC and teams passing more often than ever there just aren't that many top flight RBs from a fantasy perspective and you need to start 2 whereas QB is getting deeper every year and you only need 1.  Any strategy works if you pick the right players, but you are stacking the odds against yourself if you go QB too early let alone in the 1st round imo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

pcmIV is correct, and that has been the philosophy since FF first started. Passing league or not, the philosophy remains the same.

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Highest I take a QB is mid second round if Rodgers and Brees are there and I KNOW that I can get a very reliable back in the third.  If that isn't the case RB RB is the bible to a good fantasy team. 

Its maybe too early to think sleepers but even if I had any I don't give my guys out sorry. 

But I will, my team was beat up at WR last season and I had Hilton...... So bad. Most inconsistent player alive. He might give you 150 and 3 TDs but most likely 30 yards and nothing. I like consistentcy out of my guys. Hilton is already inconsistent and the colts get Wayne and signed Nicks too so if anything, he's getting less touches. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Highest I take a QB is mid second round if Rodgers and Brees are there and I KNOW that I can get a very reliable back in the third.  If that isn't the case RB RB is the bible to a good fantasy team. 

It's a lot easier going RB, RB if you have the 8th-12th pick then it is if you have the 1-7 pick. I would almost volunteer for the 8th-12th pick.  But don't tell anyone that!  Hahaha!  You know there will be a 2 or 3 WR's and a QB gone in the 1st round, leaving more mid tier RB's for the first few picks in the 2nd round (snake draft)

I'm ready for some FF football!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

mjdrew who is a fantasy champion said on ESPN, James White of the Patriots is his sleeper running back.  Wouldn't that be nice!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

mjdrew who is a fantasy champion said on ESPN, James White of the Patriots is his sleeper running back.  Wouldn't that be nice!

Nah. Ridley is going to be 2012 Ridley. 

I expect a huge year from him. White will be a solid rookie nothing more nothing less

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I am betting P. Manning is going to be around the #4th pick on average just because of point potential.

Not to be a total homer but I have a feeling Pat's D will be top 5 in points. I just think takeaways are going to be up this year. Plus Brady will be top 10 qb with this more matured cast, even if rushing is up this year.

I am not totally sold on RG3 week in and week out. I dislike Romo but he is more steady point getter...

I had a better lost yesterday but I could not figure out the banned weird I used so I quit in frustration.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

I am betting P. Manning is going to be around the #4th pick on average just because of point potential.

Not to be a total homer but I have a feeling Pat's D will be top 5 in points. I just think takeaways are going to be up this year. Plus Brady will be top 10 qb with this more matured cast, even if rushing is up this year.

I am not totally sold on RG3 week in and week out. I dislike Romo but he is more steady point getter...

I had a better lost yesterday but I could not figure out the banned weird I used so I quit in frustration.

Every year I hate the thought of having to be faced with the possibility of having to draft tony romo. I just don't like or trust his QB play. Same with cutler and rivers. I would rather take a QB too early then having to draft them. Lol. 

Yeah, I had a problem with the banned word last night, it ended up being the word "to" in the in response "to" line when I quoted a post. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Been weighing a lot of options on my team.

-Start Ridley or Rashad Jennings?

-Keep Stacy?

-Drop Vincent Jackson, grab Hilton?

-Sit Rodgers and Nelson against Seattle?

Anyone have any advice? I'm kind of stuck here. Anything would be appreciated.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Wow... Sorry about that last sentence. I'm  dyslexic but not that bad. Was trying to write fast on phone because a call came in at work and auto correct kicked my @ss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

I would grab Hilton.... Vincent Jackson killed me last year. He can be a beast but most weeks scored very little.

Early in the season I would say Rodgers will do well against the hawks

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

I would grab Hilton.... Vincent Jackson killed me last year. He can be a beast but most weeks scored very little.

Thanks for the advice!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Patsdateam's comment:

-Keep Stacy?

How do you already have a team? its july...

but anyway... Ridley is a beast this season watch, always start him.

Vjackson over Hilton all day.. Jackson has a better Qb in McCown who made Jeffery look like a beast and Hilton is now a third option behind Wayne and nicks in that offense.

Also, guys like aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson when 100% healthy are MUST starts. they can take off anyday

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Most weeks scoered very little is what TY Hilton is... I'm telling you, if you rely on him to be a solid contributior on your team, youre done. He had 3 huge games last season to pad his stats. He only had big games because Wayne went down. Now indy gets Wayne and Nicks too so I wouldn't touch Hilton while on the other hand,

Jackson gets a good QB in McCown and is the only legit option there.

If anyone ever took Hilton over Jackson I would join a league with them and bet 100$, because I'd be taking his money

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

-Keep Stacy?

How do you already have a team? its july...

but anyway... Ridley is a beast this season watch, always start him.

Vjackson over Hilton all day.. Jackson has a better Qb in McCown who made Jeffery look like a beast and Hilton is now a third option behind Wayne and nicks in that offense.

Also, guys like aaron Rodgers and Jordy Nelson when 100% healthy are MUST starts. they can take off anyday

I'm playing in a league with friends, they insisted on having the draft at the end of June. I don't like starting so early, but oh well. 

If Ridley wasn't kept on such a short leash, I would have gotten him already. One fumble from him and he's gonna get benched, as we saw last year. On the contrary, when Ridley gets hot, there isn't much that stops him...and I believe in the guy. I'm leaning towards nabbing Ridley.

Thinking of trading VJax, maybe for Crabtree or Cruz, if neither work, I'll keep him.

Thanks for the advice!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

All I know is Vjax was not worth it last year but this is a new year. I might just be bitter because I was expecting more.

Cruz would be more a consistent choice in the long run. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

All I know is Vjax was not worth it last year but this is a new year. I might just be bitter because I was expecting more.

Cruz would be more a consistent choice in the long run. 

I've heard he was incredibly inconsistent, even when he had Rivers as his QB...so hopefully I can get Cruz for him

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I've heard he was incredibly inconsistent, even when he had Rivers as his QB...so hopefully I can get Cruz for him

Vincent Jackson > Cruz

Better overall offense and more consistent QB in McCown for Jackson.

Jackson 08-pres:

1,100 7TDs

1,167 9TDs

hurt

1,106 9Tds

1,384 8TDs

1,224 7TDs

Cruz:

1,500 9Tds

1,000 10Tds

980 4TDs

Outside of his huge breakout year, Cruz and the entire Giants offense isn't trustworthy fantasy wise.

You can make the trade, but Jackson has been a top 15 WR while in Tampa and may even have his best fantasy year with a real QB in McCown at the helm and getting MArtin back to keep defenses honest.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

Vincent Jackson > Cruz

Better overall offense and more consistent QB in McCown for Jackson.

Jackson 08-pres:

1,100 7TDs

1,167 9TDs

hurt

1,106 9Tds

1,384 8TDs

1,224 7TDs

Cruz:

1,500 9Tds

1,000 10Tds

980 4TDs

Outside of his huge breakout year, Cruz and the entire Giants offense isn't trustworthy fantasy wise.

You can make the trade, but Jackson has been a top 15 WR while in Tampa and may even have his best fantasy year with a real QB in McCown at the helm and getting MArtin back to keep defenses honest.

Cruz deal didn't go down. Any thoughts on what I should do with Stacy?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

-Keep Stacy?

I would keep Vincent Jackson.  Last year he had the Freeman fiasco and then a rookie QB throwing to him.  This year with McCowon throwing to him and Mike Evens on the other side he should have a good season.  I think you are better off that the Cruz trade didn't go through.  I think Jackson will score more points for you over the season then Cruz will.  Not much more, but more.  Some games you need every point you can get.

I like the Zac Stacy pick.  I think he will have a good season.  You gotta remember Bradford was out most of last year and Stacy still had a pretty good season, I think even better with Bradford back.  Plus the Rams D will be good, offense will be on the field more. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Stacy was a beast last season on a team with no passing game. As TFB said, with Bradford back they can make defenses be honest and play the pass which will only benefit Stacy.

Def keep him.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

My team: http://gyazo.com/7bbdd29373dbab55e749fcc250cb97c5" rel="nofollow">http://gyazo.com/7bbdd29373dbab55e749fcc250cb97c5

Should I pick up Matt Ryan and drop Nick Foles?

Sections
Shortcuts