OT - Cannabis in Colorado

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: OT - Cannabis in Colorado

Well, I'm old school and this makes no sense to someone like me. Weed is a gateway drug in my mind and is not harmless. Last week a PO in Texas was shot to death in a no knock warrant for weed and a few states away they are selling it like tobacco....what am I missing?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Well, I'm old school and this makes no sense to someone like me. Weed is a gateway drug in my mind and is not harmless. Last week a PO in Texas was shot to death in a no knock warrant for weed and a few states away they are selling it like tobacco....what am I missing?

If it were legal the PO would be alive.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

yup, real simple

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I have always suspected there were cannibals in Colorado..I think it is because they are all dope fiends. Remember Bud is the gateway to single malts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

War on Drugs = Mega$$ Fail.  Legalize everything, this way we can decrease the surplus population of Stupid People.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Revenue positive instead of negative

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to billge's comment:

I have always suspected there were cannibals in Colorado..I think it is because they are all dope fiends. Remember Bud is the gateway to single malts

single malts are addicting.   be cahful

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

http://www.denverpost.com/marijuana/ci_24823785/colorado-marijuana-guide-64-answers-commonly-asked-questions

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Yeah, but that would be logical

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

I need more info. No-knock warrants are only issued in EXTREME cases where violence is EXPECTED. THe way you typed it out makes it seem like some dime-bag dealer shot a PO, end of story. I'm willing to bet if weed was the only drug, we're talking stash house and hundreds of pounds. OR, more likely, weed was one of many drugs in this incident...but people already know meth, coke and crack are evil...I've seen the press do this before. Even touting the TEN POUNDS OF WEED while discounting the decidely less-volume 2 lbs of coke. Stupid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I read somewhere  it will be taxed about 25-35 percent

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

35%.  Hello black market!

Also, the federal govt. does not recognize business expenses.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

If you replaced every single bar in this country with a pot-smoking equivalent...

I can think of many positives, and honestly not a single negative. Some would be lateral moves, but I see nothing as a step in the wrong direction. 

Drunk drivers are worse than pot-high drivers.

Drunk people are more aggressive.

Drunk people are more violent.

Drunk people black out.

You can literally drink yourself to death.

Drunk people often don't remember many waking moments (in addition to flat-out passing out).

Drunk people P U K E.

Drunk people stink like sht. Can't speak coherently. And often can't walk straight.

Hangovers don't exist with pot. 

The list goes on and on and on. 

AND, there is proof of some undeniably positive uses for pot. None exist for alcohol, and haven't since the civil war.

Is pot an only positive thing? No. But to make it illegal while cigs and alcohol are accepted is a hypicrisy of gargantuan proportions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Pipe down, Bustchise.  I've been promoting this slam dunk new stream of revenue for over a decade, as have others.  

They estimate 70 million in new revenue, but I think it might be almost double that. That sounds like a conservative estimate, IMO.  

The smoker will now have carte blanche access to many different strains of weed, which will be like the wine drinker having access to different varietals in a wine shop.  Makes too much sense.  Why limit it to only medicinal customers?   

What was once a lost source of revenue to help out the state, cities, schools, taxpayers, etc, is now a possible boon, not just from the pot smoker, but across other industries such as agriculture and textiles as well. This could set off a nice little chain reaction in the economy.  It will be very interesting to watch the numbers come in throughout the year.

These are the kinds of simple and logical ideas our political leaders need to be promoting and making happen to help people out. It will help small businesses as well.  A no brainer across the board.

I saw the world news last night and some moron was on there saying it will be a "disaster", but she offered no support as to why.  Dead in the water right there. It will not promote weed smoking whatsoever.  People who want to smoke weed are already doing it and if anything, it will snuff out the marijuana trafficking business in Colorado, likley lower crime a bit and also allow law enforcement to use their resources in other areas like hard drugs, child predators and home base terror defenses.

I was always in favor of legalizing all drugs in a state, say like Idaho, with a small population just to study the data for a few years to see if crime went down and if there was a spike in the economy as well, but this is a nice start.  It's nice to see at least some parts of our country wake up a bit with gay marriage and now this.  It's just so ridiculous to have wasted all this time and opportunity due to creepy right wing nutjobs who use scare tactics without any real substance as to why it shouldn't be.

I cannot imagine this not going federal at some point once each state starts to see the economic rewards it brings.  No brainer from the outset and I applaud Obama for not intervening.

Now if we can just get a 12 team playoff for NCAA Football. lol

Now we have definitive proof of what Bustchise does all day longggg:

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hfxsoxnut. Show Hfxsoxnut's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

If you replaced every single bar in this country with a pot-smoking equivalent...

I can think of many positives, and honestly not a single negative. Some would be lateral moves, but I see nothing as a step in the wrong direction. 

Drunk people black out.

Drunk people often don't remember many waking moments (in addition to flat-out passing out).

Drunk people P U K E.

Drunk people stink like sht. Can't speak coherently. And often can't walk straight.

AND, there is proof of some undeniably positive uses for pot. None exist for alcohol, and haven't since the civil war.

Is pot an only positive thing? No. But to make it illegal while cigs and alcohol are accepted is a hypicrisy of gargantuan proportions.

I agree almost totally.  The only slight disagreement I have is about hangovers.  There is a pot hangover.  It's nowhere near as painful and toxic as a booze hangover can be, but the 'smoked-out' feeling can be unpleasant.

I would add that as far as I know no one has ever died directly from marijuana overdose.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Drunk people black out.

Drunk people P U K E.

Approximately 88,000 people died from excessive alcohol use last year.

marijuana use=o

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.Dp8KXiix.dpbs

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

No it won't lead to the black market...why go to the black market and get busted (which they'll do in a heart beat for skirtting tax laws) to sell something already legal...people who want to smoke will be happy and greatful to pay a tax on weed...it's not like they'll be paying inflated mega-prices for peace weed after more states get into the biz, which they will...the people are tired of their kids racking up arrest records over nothing and filling jails with dumb A_sess who get caught...the single biggest reason for doing this, aside from the tax revs, is to stop all the death coming into our borders from Narco gangs from Mexico and here...a bag of weed is the single dumbest reason to get shot I can think of...and yes, the "war on drugs" is a complete failure....

Can you be addicted to weed?...yeah, like almost anything else, not physically, but ceratinly psycologically...just look at Bustchise...people are going to do what they will do whether it's legal of not...as for increasing the number of people doing other drugs as a result, it's no worse, IMO, than saying drinking leads to coke or heroin use...the same comparisons can be made about any drug...

As far as I'm concerned, if the youth of this country want to stay drug addled by smoking weed all day long, that's on them...more jobs left for my kids to grab...like I said, you can become addicted to anything...like gambling, sex, food, sugar, guns, conspiracy theories, conservative politics...what you sees depends on where you sits

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Not a big black market in moonshine and cigs

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Don't agree. It will still be cheaper than the black market. Keep in mind, the black market incorporates a cut to the dealers and fuel to transport into a region of the country, not to mention other funds like pay offs, etc.  

The outlets that sell this don't have that overhead. Their overhead is literally a one tim buy of seeds, the lights and the electric bill. The manpower is almost zero compared to a grow and sell of a black market operation.

Once the market settles, the regulation of this will always be able to squash the black market.  The black market will only exist for kids under 21 which is a different discussion, but that market won't be big enough for the black market to keep the risk.  It will also be easier to bust black market operators since there will be less of them.

The gov't will adjust the straight cost of the weed and inclusion of the tax, to be under whatever the black market is, to the point it makes no sense for risk and the margins on the black market.

This is just like alcohol and tobacco.

I've already run the numbers.  $30 for an 1/8th is already dirt cheap for those high end strains, dude.

20 years ago an 1/8th of crap mexican weed at 5 grams ran $25.  It's not worth the risk for the black market with so much legal demand currently in place.

Don't agree. It will still be cheaper than the black market. Keep in mind, the black market incorporates a cut to the dealers and fuel to transport into a region of the country, not to mention other funds like pay offs, etc.  

wrong, everyone in Colorado over the age of 21 can grow 6 plants. its everywhere, not being transported in.

The outlets that sell this don't have that overhead. Their overhead is literally a one tim buy of seeds, the lights and the electric bill. The manpower is almost zero compared to a grow and sell of a black market operation.

wrong again, these legal guys have huge operations. Clipping, curing, drying and making tinctures etc takes an unbelievable amount of man hours. Also, the product can not be grown and sold in the same facility, more expenses.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

Drunk people black out.

Drunk people P U K E.

Approximately 88,000 people died from excessive alcohol use last year.

marijuana use=o

http://www.cdc.gov/alcohol/fact-sheets/alcohol-use.htm

http://www.drugwarfacts.org/cms/Causes_of_Death#sthash.Dp8KXiix.dpbs

I've never heard of someone smoking up a dube and walking into an old job and shooting up the place, killing ex-co-workers after he got fired...probably for smoking weed and not showing up for work... :)...but a_s wads who get that liquid courage rolling do it all over town...

• Sections
    Shortcuts