OT - Cannabis in Colorado

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: OT - Cannabis in Colorado

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE

I worry about safety,  driving and kids

Is there such a thing as just a little buzzed? Do they have tests for DUI? 

i can have 1 drink and be safe , I dont think it works like tbst for weed. The idea is to get buzzed not enjoy the smoke

kids get it now of course but it will be easier and it won't help them in life

Also worry about long term effects on people who end up getting high everyday especially with these high potent engineered strains

And is this weed carsogeneous ?

So now its not legal to smoke cigs in public but ok for weed? 

'How long before we hear about second hand smoke. Lol

How long before we hear that welfare or fed food cards are paying for peoples weed? And they will need more food for their munchies lol

something tells me we are going to have an awful lot of un intended consequences, not not many good ones

I care about the impact on society but there is little to be done-when so many people want it I just don't want to pay for other peoples lifestyles

$$$$$$$$$$$$$'mmjmmm$$$$$$$$$

Ansser to

Did you worry about the kids before Colorado decided to do this, so wisely so as other states get jealous over a brand new stream of untapped revenue? lol

I really haven't given it much thought. This issue is real low on my radar.  I have made no moral judgements on it whatsoever. if it prooves to be a positive in someways then good. But few things are 100% positive either. We will see, But I always worry about kids and any dangers. Quite frankly I am amazed i got thru and today's kids have even greater dangers like the internet. And today's Weed just isn't the same stuff I knew. I don't even want yo get into the sex differences - lol

I mean, seriously, dude.  The high school weed problem and kids driving will always be there. It's not like it's going to disappear or be worse one way or another. It is what it is.

All of a sudden more kids are going to decide to smoke pot than already do?  

I remember when I took Driver's Ed, our teacher said that back in the late 1970s and early 1980s when Reagan had the drinking age at 18, he said as seniors they'd get a case of beer and drive around drinking it. 

Yes for sure, But it certainly wasn't everybody. It was sort of just a few small groups

LMAO

Never in a million years did we do that in high school where I lived. Cops are all over teenagers today pulling them over for pretty much nothing just to see if there is anything visible in the car.  Christ, it was tought tracking down beer for parties with those who had fake IDs, etc.

Crack downs on DUIs have totally changed things. It will always be there, but one thing that has improved IMO, is society's cognizance of driving while impaired. It's become uncool to drive after drinking.  A few beers or some drinks over some time is not an issue, but we all know what we're talking about here.

This new law will include a field sobriety test if suspicion is there from law enforcement, so I would suggest not driving while smoking or afterwards just like if you had some drinks.

Personally, I think it's way safe than alcohol, but I don't get to make that decision. Slow driving is annoying, but it's better than some person jacked up on booze speeding and killing people.

Apparently, they can test "nanograms" with weed and it's considered a DUI under this new law.

Again, this is no different than how they regulate alcohol. Do you worry about kids and alcohol and driving or just weed?

I worry about it all. but if something is legal then it seems to me that it has to be easier to obtain. I know very little about the current science of Dui . Am glad it's there

I don't know why anyone with a college education would be against this, in this economy, losing that kind of revenue and knowing what that revenue can do to improve society.

From a dollars cents it makes sense. I am far far away from those days. Is alcohol and weed the same? Rhetorical. Use either the wrong way and one can get in trouble.

At the margins, "some"  people have a few more and it it sneaks up on them. but with weed it is the purpose (again I do not know anything about dosage and how it effects someone ) It probaby wouldn't matter to me if someone in my family was killed in cars by either. For some irrational reason I would want to put one more kick to the face of that peron on weed. But it wouldn't make a difference would it

Is it a gateway  drug ?maybe to some. alcohol is mainly a gateway drug to itself

Having one more thing that can destroy someone's life does not make it good. But I am not going to tell you you can't.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

i can have 1 drink and be safe , I dont think it works like tbst for weed. The idea is to get buzzed not enjoy the smoke

Also worry about long term effects on people who end up getting high everyday especially with these high potent engineered strains

How long before we hear about second hand smoke. Lol

How long before we hear that welfare or fed food cards are paying for peoples weed? And they will need more food for their munchies lol

something tells me we are going to have an awful lot of un intended consequences, not not many good ones

I care about the impact on society but there is little to be done-when so many people want it I just don't want to pay for other peoples lifestyles

yes, there is. It measures in nanograms.

can have 1 drink and be safe , I dont think it works like tbst for weed. The idea is to get buzzed not enjoy the smoke

Be careful, some bartenders are heavy handed. You may get more than one drink in a glass.

And is this weed carsogeneous

No

easy to stop

You already are.

Sea s answer

You as one person is not society. how society will be improved is doubtfulbut heaven forbid someone should take away your entitlemention to get stoned. I couldn't care less 

If every who used it , used it with care probably no problem, but we both know better don't we

We cannot stop the fraud now , how in the world is it east to stop?

So I should be glad I should pay for more? Are you smoking nowLol

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

Drug Overdose....Let them die!!!!!!

When is the last time someone died from smoking pot?

The last time someone who was stoned out of his mind caused a fatal car accident. Oh wait, that never happens.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

can have 1 drink and be safe , I dont think it works like tbst for weed. The idea is to get buzzed not enjoy the smoke

Be careful, some bartenders are heavy handed. You may get more than one drink in a glass.

No

easy to stop

You already are.

Sea s answer

You as one person is not society. how society will be improved is doubtfulbut heaven forbid someone should take away your entitlemention to get stoned. I couldn't care less 

If every who used it , used it with care probably no problem, but we both know better don't we

the state is all over these shop owners, it shouldn't be that hard.

100,000 people die every year from abusing pharmaceutical drugs, maybe some of those people will switch to pot.

my point is the state is taxing 35%.  So you have to pay more at shops. It's BS

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

The last time someone who was stoned out of his mind caused a fatal car accident. Oh wait, that never happens.

Drinking and texting are much more dangerous when behind the wheel.

• This post has been removed.

No

easy to stop

You already are.

Sea s answer

100,000 people die every year from abusing pharmaceutical drugs, maybe some of those people will switch to pot.

Will not debate at all the revenue gains,

And all I am asking the pro weed people here

Are you saying there is no down side at all?

Would you prefer a surgeon who drank or  used pot?

Would you be happy that it might be easier for your kid to get it?

Do you think you have increased, decreased or no difference someone you know has an accident?

Is it alright for someone to have a different opinion?

I am in the libertarian camp, do what ever floats the boat as long as it doesn't effect me and it probably won't

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

Rocky missed the game day thread.  Nuf said.  Unintended consequences.

No actually I was in San Francisco...  Cool

In response to hang3xc's comment:

if you're paying $120 an ounce for weed in 2013, it ain't very good. Just saying.   This ain't 1999. You're clearly paying for some everyday street weed and just think it's great.     Why you would want that when you could walk into a smorgasbord of options and not be worried about being pulled over and arrested, I have no idea.

I have been smoking pot for 30 YEARS. I don't "just think it's great". I know exactly what great is. What I get isn't cush, but it is very decent and requires half a bone or less when alone. Isn't it juuuust possible that I have a very good longtime friend & my guy would rather associate with longtime regulars for at a reduced lower profit margin just to be safe ???

Not everyone buys dimebags of dirt on street corners

Also, how on earth can people get pulled over and arrested when bringing it home. For starters, it hasn't happened to me one single time in the last 30 years, but now I'll even have a medical card, giving me the right to possess it. Even without the card, an ounce or less is not a criminal offense in MA.  

As for nobody wanting to buy "crappier weed"? Very good smoke at half the legal cost does not equal CRAPPY. Money matters to MANY, and not very many people I know will be buying $300 an ounce (or higher) smoke regularly when they can get perfectly decent smoke for HALF that. A lot of people like scotch, fine wines etc etc. but who regularly buys the greatest most expensive stuff available? Next to nobody.

The ''black market' isn't going anywhere

For weed it is, absolutely.  Their competition is one entity and that entitly controls the pricing and the market. That entity is the gov't and the people, just like it is with alcohol and tobacco.

States will never be undercut by the black market and the margins simply will not be there over time.  

Is there a black market for alcohol or tobacco? No. Weed is 3rd behind those two items in terms of consumption in this country.  Do the math.    The only way this doesn't happen is if more and more states do not legalize, which is very unlikely once the numbers roll in.  There are rumblings some states are already ready to move forward because they are seeing the demand.

If something is legal, readily available and priced well, there is no black market for it. 

The current prices will also fall once other states legalize. The black market for marijuana is, for all intents and purpose, cooked.

1 million in sales for 1 day in 1 state. Do the math.  Wait until states start competing. lol

Next, there have been MANY people who have brought home weed and been sentenced to 20+ years in prison for simple possession simply by being targeted by the police, dummy. It hasn't happened to me either, but please leave your bubble or read a book or check the news.

I have been in line at shows and had friends whisked off into a paddywagon. I've seen it taken from pockets with the threat of the police called in.  Do you leave your house? lol

Friends of my parents' son got pulled over with multiple pounds in Utah.  It happens. 

Mandatory minimums and private prisons teamed up to make trillions in this country, usually off minorities. SO, of course it can happen.  Don;t be an ignorant moron.

Leave your bubble and also get to an Economics class. No one cares what your buddy sells his weed for on the north shore.  He/she apprently loves taking advantage of people and you're in here speaking for it.  LOL

Again, you're smoking god awful weed if you think $50 an 1/8th out of weed stores in Colorado is too high priced.   That is the black market price.   Strawberry Kush, an 1/8th, $50 minimum.

Your comments are comical.  I used to blow through a half ounce of everyday Mexican weed for $50 in the mid 90s in 2 weeks.  Today, an 1/8th of good weed for $50 lasts 3-4 weeks since you don't need much. Get iit?  

Your weed sucks if you seriously think $50 for an 1/8th these says is offensive.  Again, crap Mexican weed 15-20 years ago was $25 an 1/8th.

You're clueless on the different strains available which will also lower costs. The black market isn't having access or the time to offer all these strains.   Your dealer doesn't have access to all these strains, and if he/she did, it's not worth his/her time or risk it anymore.

Pot shops in Denver are selling $400.00 ounces. Oh wait, I'm sorry $540.00 with the new tax And most are sold out. Where do people go now. Black market, better quality, half the price.

The prices will settle like I said. The black market will not have control of the market once these prices settle in. Like I said, this is very new, but regardless of what happens with the pricing, the prices will all be at or under the black market (including tax) when it's all said and done. These are just roll out prices.

Are you a dealer? You come off very defensive and are not making sense at the same time.

Most weed dealers have one connection or one strain they move and that's it.

Black market doesn't have the array of strains these shops have. You might get 3 options of weed from a dealer if you live in a highly populated area.

These dispensaries have over a dozen options, if not more.  

There is no way the black market can compete long term without any leverage.  It will be teenieboppers and that's it.  That's not even 1/2 of the market. It's at best 1/4.

http://mmrockies.com/Plants.html

These are $22.50 per clone.  30something strains.  I can get almost a lb per plant and it takes about 9 weeks. I have a medical license that makes it legit.

http://www.fullbloomhydroponics.net/9-x-9-gorilla-grow-tent-kit/

i can can pull about $60k a year out of one of these, beat the prices in the store and with my arborist skills the quality is better.  You can pay the dr extra when getting a med license and get a higher plant count. Let me know if you need names and numbers.

listen kid, you telling me about the pot world in Colorado would be like me telling you about medical sales in NC.  Get it.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

OK...OK...   So when's the New England party to celebrate the colorado new law.....Let's get all the states involved....

Wow. 

You don't understand basic supply and demand economics, apparently.   When alcohol was legal in 1933, any black market business dried up, and quick.  That's not a coincidence.   

This is flat out no different than alcohol.  There is no black market alcohol due to demand, acessibility and competition in a legal market, which brings prices down.

You answered my question, too. You grow it out on me.

I don't care what state you're in, either.   This will quickly spread once the state see the boon it is.  From there, the numbers won't lie and the costs to due business for independent growers and dealers will be too much to compete.

You won't be making 60K a year anymore doing that and expect the fuzz to be on the watch for home operations.

You won't have anyone to sell to anymore, which is why you're angry. You don't like what I am telling you.  

Reminds me of the Brady postseason issue.

This isn't booze and it sure isn't 1933.

You answered my question, too. You grow it out on me.

not angry, just unreal to have someone tell me my business who doesn't understand it. Bottom line, I have my finger on the source here, you don't.

also, I told you my friend has a dispensary. He pays tens of thousands in licenses, multiple shops ,cameras, attorneys fees etc, this is where the expense are. 

I couldn't even guess how many people have called me this week for consultation. Anyone 21 years old with a Colorado Id can do this.  There is so much around no one needs these shops, especially with the tax.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

You're right, it doesn't. Have you ever smoked pot before?  I know the answer, so don't lie.  I just want to see you type the answer for us all to see.

Since you're so keen on facts, have a look.

http://www.coloradodot.info/programs/alcohol-and-impaired-driving/druggeddriving/assets/DrugFatal_DataasofJanuary2012.pdf/view 

This is straight from the horses mouth - Colorado Department of Transportation.

No

easy to stop

You already are.

Sea s answer

Will not debate at all the revenue gains,

And all I am asking the pro weed people here

Are you saying there is no down side at all?

Would you prefer a surgeon who drank or  used pot?

Would you be happy that it might be easier for your kid to get it?

Do you think you have increased, decreased or no difference someone you know has an accident?

Is it alright for someone to have a different opinion?

I am in the libertarian camp, do what ever floats the boat as long as it doesn't effect me and it probably won't

What does a surgeon or doctor who has some drinks or some weed on their own time have to do with their professionalism?

If you were a Liberatarian you would clearly be in favor of this law becoming federalized.

Is it easier for kids to like alcohol because it's legal and daddy cracks a beer while watching the Pats?

Rusty I just asked questions. You answered the ones you wished

I haven't given this issue one iota beyond passing thoughts, Its just not important to me as what ever the legal status, it's not for me. And have been pretty clear that I have questions. one reason to come to a forum like this is to listen, 

Hmm, my dad never gave me a beer until I was 16 to teach me how to drink responsibly. of course I didn't always. Sometimes when I was young I drank to get buzzed. I now drink only to enjoy and stop befor buzz time.

An issue I have is I have no idea what today's weed does to a persons brain. Are there Reliable studies? how long do the effects last? Do you lose memory? 

I would never get high with my parents on anything, but I have had drinks with them, but I don't think you were making that point?just that it is socialally  more acceptable to drink.

Are you suggesting families should sit down and get high together? Lol

you make alcohol and weed equal, I am not there yet

Do you feel we should make all drugs legal? some libertarians do, others don't I am not there on that either

Do you feel prostitution should be legal? 

I am also conservative, meaning that I search to make positive change, or at least changes without negative impact..for individuals and for the society we live in. ( not the normal conventional wisdom of what most people seem to think of conservative thought). 

Read Jonah goldbergs column today sort of close To me on this issue. I know he is NRO , but he writes well and he certainly isn't putting anyone down, even this issue. he is not a light weight

As far as libertarian. my favorite libertarian believes in polygamy,I don't. But if a group of people want to have an ogy let them.  so I don't approve , but I won't stop them and I don't feel I have to be an advocate of something I don't buy into Just to be " libertarian "

there really isn't one libertarian gospel. Ron Paul is just one flavor and he is not me

or on social issues

Are you libertarian or are you libertine? 

Have a good one

Am ready for the Pats to play   I think it will be cincin

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Rusty I just asked questions. You answered the ones you wished...

...An issue I have is I have no idea what today's weed does to a persons brain. Are there Reliable studies? how long do the effects last? Do you lose memory?...

Apparently he didin't like the FACTS at the link I posted.

Good questions.  I don't think people want to know the answers, hence the lack of studies.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:

Rusty I just asked questions. You answered the ones you wished...

...An issue I have is I have no idea what today's weed does to a persons brain. Are there Reliable studies? how long do the effects last? Do you lose memory?...

Apparently he didin't like the FACTS at the link I posted.

Good questions.  I don't think people want to know the answers, hence the lack of studies.

LOL...Just have a conversation with a chronic pot user....worse than multiple concussion victims...

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Rusty busted by his mom...

• Sections
    Shortcuts