OT: Celtics get 6th pick in draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

OT: Celtics get 6th pick in draft

Ping Pong balls did not bounce our way. We just can't get a break in this NBA lottery.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Re: OT: Celtics get 6th pick in draft

It's a joke that the Cavs got the 1st pick. Can you say fixed?

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kingface12. Show Kingface12's posts

Did anybody REALY think the Celtics would land a top 3 pic??  This team is doomed for a while.....glad the NBA is a joke as it really doesn't mean anything anyway...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

It's one of the reasons I don't follow the NBA anymore. Everything about it is fixed!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Weren't they statistically slated into that spot? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Weren't they statistically slated into that spot? 

They were slotted into the 5th spot, I think.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

Ever since the Tim Duncan fiasco, I had the feeling this thing was fixed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Does anyone honestly care about the NBA?  I find it absolutely unwatchable, and a complete joke.  Of course it is fixed.  Has been for years.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to rtuinila's comment:

It's one of the reasons I don't follow the NBA anymore. Everything about it is fixed!

Stern sucks.

^^ yeah he does but he isn't the commish anymore he retired.

[object HTMLDivElement]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Who cares about the NBA? Serious question.

I am still in mourning over the pathetic Bruins collapse yet again. Was worse since it was a Game 7 at home to Montreal.  Might be time for a shake up.

+1
    [object HTMLDivElement]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I don't watch much NBA anymore either, but I figured this nugget of info would help pass the time.

Didn't really expect this much NBA hate. Go figure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Stern sucks.

Stern? Isn't he gone now?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Stern? Isn't he gone now?

Yes, now its the alien looking dude Adam Silver

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Surprised at the hate for the NBA too. Even though I barely watched this year (and when I did it was the C's and I wanted them to tank so..), the NBA playoffs are still very entertaining.

Good basketball there. Regular season? can't sit through a minute of it, unless its the Celtics.

Reason A why I don't watch espn, their LBW (a rusty term), Lebron ball washing. I haven't sat through a full sportscenter episode in maybe a year because 20 mins of it will be Heat related, then jets, then cowboys, then baseball. They talk maybe two minutes about hockey.

Thank god sportscenter has that sidebar showing you whats coming up so I know when to totally disregard it

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Cavs had a 1.7% chance to get it.  Fixed.  It seems like every year the team with the lowest statistical chance gets it.  The NBA is the WWE but for basketball.  I miss the 90's NBA.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I highly doubted the Celtics would get a top 3 pick but I mean the Cav's got the 1st pick 3 of 4 years and the #4 pick twice in 6 years? Yeah something is fishy and we all know what. The odds of the Cav's coming out with that many 1st in that many years (esp having only a 1.7% chance this year) are worse than a vending machine killing you (surprisingly happens more often than you think). Some will say, well it's a lottery so it happens, true but not like this and not to the point that the teams they want to grow markets in get better picks while bigger market teams get the shaft every year.

Just silly WWE bs in the NBA

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Stop it! If the league was going to rig their lottery, do you really believe that it would see to it that the #1 overall pick landed in Cleveland? I know that it sucks that the Celts got the 6th overall pick. But, come on! If somehow the Lakers landed the top pick, your suspicions might have some merit.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Ever since the Tim Duncan fiasco, I had the feeling this thing was fixed.

When the Knicks land Patrick Ewing, I had my suspicions. I never trusted David Stern when he was the Commissioner.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to pats-fan-2007's comment:

Ping Pong balls did not bounce our way. We just can't get a break in this NBA lottery.

Yea it would have been nice to get into top 3 but NBA is still rewarding Cleveland for losing James. I say if they dont trade the pick to Minny, they take Aaron Gordon who could be the next B.Griffin!  Thats not too bad but I wanted Wiggins!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Stern sucks.

Come from out of that basement and step into 2014 Dumbo. If you Hate it, dont comment on it....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Stern sucks.

Come from out of that basement and step into 2014 Dumbo. If you Hate it, dont comment on it....

[object HTMLDivElement]

Come one Triple you know this is what Rusty does. Comments on something he hates, has the wrong info, and doesn't understand what he's talking about. Just classic Rusty.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I must confess that despite being a rabid NBA fan in general and Celts fan in particular for most of my life I've simply stopped watching during the regular season.  Playoffs on occasion but nothing like in the past.  Although I understand the intense disappointment surrounding the Celts landing in the 6th spot I am hard pressed to apply the word 'fixed' to it.  That suggests a conspiracy of rather significant proportions and one that would result in federal felony charges being leveled against virtually everyone with any knowledge of such a conspiracy.  That would mean every owner and executive in every team in the NBA as well as the league office.

With all due respect to everyone's concerns and disappointment I must ring up 'no sale.'

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Well, not sure if it is fixed or not.  Boston have two picks.  I know Minnesota is going to ask alot in return from the Celtics.  But if Celtics can just give away their #6 pick along with maybe Sully, etc for Love, I would be fine with that.  If not, Celtics can still go after a guy like Randle, Smart or Gordon.  These guys are pretty talent.  I know Parker or Wiggins or Embiid is a better choice, but they will be gone before the Celtics pick.  Stay away from that guy from Indiana.  He sucked.  Probably one of the most over-rated freshman player in the country.  I do not know why the world he is a top 10 mock draft picks!!

Then their 17th pick, they should go after Shabazz.  He is a worthy pick!!!  

Sections
Shortcuts