OT Eric Winston

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

OT Eric Winston

Patriots have kicked the tires on RT Eric Winston. Not very serious. Due diligence.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: OT Eric Winston

Cheaper alternative to Vollmer..at least you would think.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Might be cheaper. I remember in Bedard's poor analysis two years ago that he said Winston was better than Vollmer. lol

I'd rather just move on with Cannon and use the money elsewhere.

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard

when healthy, it's Vollmer and not even close “@SANTIAGOARDURA: Vollmer or Winston? Whose better?”

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Might be cheaper. I remember in Bedard's poor analysis two years ago that he said Winston was better than Vollmer. lol

Greg A. Bedard @GregABedard

when healthy, it's Vollmer and not even close “@SANTIAGOARDURA: Vollmer or Winston? Whose better?”

Absolutely not what he said 2 years ago. Absolutely not. I remember his analysis clearly and chuckled, immediately realizing he was doing it as a anti-BB draft pick jab with no basis for such a poor premise.

I had Vollmer as the best RT in the AFC since his rookie year.   Winston is also good, but he's a slight notch behind Vollmer. The only difference is the health factor.

Agreed

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Be careful what you wish for. Cannon does not have quick feet. Frankly I think he should be playing guard not tackle. A pseedy pass rusher will abuse him if he doesnt get help.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

Be careful what you wish for. Cannon does not have quick feet. Frankly I think he should be playing guard not tackle. A pseedy pass rusher will abuse him if he doesnt get help.

Well you have to understand something...the guy you are responding to doesn't really watch football. That is why he throws comments about players replacing this one and replacing that one...he really doesn't have a clue what he is actually seeing. He's been doing it for years - this is the same guy that can't even understand we have one of the best quarterbacks in the NFL on our team...he actually thinks Alex Smith is better. I'm serious.

He once said Brandon Merriweather was the second best safety in the AFC!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I say sign him

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

dude has been awful at tackle. he is a guard tryign to play tackle imo

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I have a feeling Vollmer will be back. Because the market's a bit depressed, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vollmer do what Talib did and sign a one-year deal rather than making a long-term commitment for what may seem like short money. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I have a feeling Vollmer will be back. Because the market's a bit depressed, I wouldn't be surprised to see Vollmer do what Talib did and sign a one-year deal rather than making a long-term commitment for what may seem like short money. 

Agree.  I think concern over Vollmer's health has been the reason he remains unsigned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Pats interested

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/

so are the dolphins

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 14m

OT Eric Winston is visiting the Dolphins today. Sounds like this is the one he was waiting on, so wouldn't be surprised to see it happen

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 1h

Former Chiefs/Texans OT Eric Winston is visiting Dolphins today. Deal could happen. Eagles, Pats, Chargers, Cowboys also interested.

Sections
Shortcuts