OT- Fantasy Talk: Marshawn Lynch & Other RBs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

OT- Fantasy Talk: Marshawn Lynch & Other RBs

Just for a little convo piece as season rolls around the fantasy drafts are also right around the corner...

Just to start I think it's pretty obvious that there are 5 legit RBs this season

APeterson, L McCoy, J Charles, M Forte, and Ed Lacy...

There could be 6 but he is somewhat of a wild card...... MArshawn Lynch

First, he holds out and threatens retirement and Seattle was ready to let him retire too and thrust Christine Michael into the starting spot but Lynch eventually showed for camp... Now just today Lynch is being investigated in some legal issues (alleged assault and property damage)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2014/08/11/marshawn-lynch-being-investigated-by-police/13904433/" rel="nofollow">http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/seahawks/2014/08/11/marshawn-lynch-being-investigated-by-police/13904433/

So my question is to those of you who play FF, what is your take on Lynch? He's 28 turning 29 soon and coming off 2 straight seasons of like 450 touches (inc. playoffs), that's a lot for an aging RB... So what do you value him at?

I know ESPN has him at #6 overall while CBSSports ranks him 13-15 in there I believe.....

I am little sketched out by him this season, and that's coming from a guy who has owned him the last two seasons and loved him... I don't know if I would use a top 6-8 pick on him I would look toward grabbing Calvin instead... if lynch fell to me at 8 I would take him but before that, I would seriously consider someone else....

Outside of Lynch what is everyone else's take on RBs this season? Obviosuly you gotta get em soon or you are screwed.

To me there are huge tiers or drop offs in the talent level this season:

Tier 1 - Studs - AP, Lesean, Charles, Forte, Lacy

Tier 2 - Consistent but has questions - Lynch, Foster, Martin, Stacy, Ball, Bell, Morris, Murray, Bernard, Bush, Ellington

Tier 3 - Average, could be productive or suck - Spiller, Gore, Matthews, Tate, Richardson, Gerhart, Rice, Johnson, Ridley, Sankey, Jennings, then Williams

after that if you are forced to start any other RBs in my mind that would be rough. I wouldn't even like starting a Tier 3 RB either... after Deangelo it falls way off. After Williams I just take sleepers (Hyde, James White, Tre Mason, Andre Williams etc...)

Just sparking convo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: OT- Fantasy Talk: Marshawn Lynch & Other RBs

To me the lower they are on the depth chart the higher you should pick them. All 3rd and 4th RB's should be taken in the first couple of rounds along with kickers. I'm not sure I get it but that's the hot talk around the strategy people would use this year  >.>

Trust me, I'm an engineer!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

I don't expect to own Lynch or Foster in any league this year based on where the general fantasy community seems to be valuing them.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't expect to own Lynch or Foster in any league this year based on where the general fantasy community seems to be valuing them.

[/QUOTE]

Agree on Foster I wouldn't touch him until the 4-5th round 

if lych feel to me at 8 I would take him there and no higher, I'd rather grab Calvin at 6 or 7

Sections
Shortcuts