OT; Funnier TV show Big Bang Theory or Seinfeld?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Re: OT; Funnier TV show Big Bang Theory or Seinfeld?

The butt fumble has all of these beat handsdown

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to cousteau's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There is nothing funnier than watching BB answer questions from the media. Is that considered sitcom?

[/QUOTE]

oh boy...you will incur the wrath of the BB ball sucker Crusty the stalker on this one. He in infallible, and unquestionably perfect in his eyes. He does nothing wrong and anyone who questions him and his choices, moves, and anything else is subject to the stalker/ballwashers' ire

[/QUOTE]

No worries. I have him on ignore

[/QUOTE]

Sure you do. Sure.  The board has caught you before lying about that. Numerous times.   lmao

The best comedy ever is you being a Jets fan, lying about being a Pats season ticket holder and working for ESPN with me guessing correctly based on your rhetoric. Not to mention, I bludgeoned you on three bets in a row witnessed by all, one of them unofficial.

It's been a joy and comical all wrapped up into one.

Real Pats fans also LOVE how BB handles the pathetic leech media.

Enjoy, Krapper!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Seinfeld and Curb are one and two for me. Somebody mentioned Barney Miller, that was a great show. That and WKRP, with the great Less Nessman.

CNN's coverage of the missing airplane is quickly gaining.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

1. Seinfeld: a classic show about nothing

2. Frasier: two pompous adult brothers who didn't know how to ride a bicycle

Probably about 10 - 15 others and then the BBT.

Good topic by the way as we wait for training camp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seinfeld and Curb are one and two for me. Somebody mentioned Barney Miller, that was a great show. That and WKRP, with the great Less Nessman.

[/QUOTE]

Jack Soo (Sgt. Yemana) had a great role in Barney Miller. The best episode was the hash brownie episodeā€¦.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

How about old Jackie Gleason?! "one of these days Alice, Pow, zoom, to the moon!" How long would that show last on tv today?!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Give me Seinfeld all day.  BBT is a nice little show and I do enjoy it but it can't hold a candle to Seinfeld when it comes to brilliant writing and replay value.  Curb Your Enthusiasm is great as well.  Someone briefly mentioned Taxi-- that is one of the most underrated sitcoms ever.  Allow me to also mention The Simpsons, a sitcom in my book and a truly great show even if at this point it is getting slightly stale.  

I'm a big fan of sitcoms.  There have been many good ones over the last 60 or so years. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Give me Seinfeld all day.  BBT is a nice little show and I do enjoy it but it can't hold a candle to Seinfeld when it comes to brilliant writing and replay value.  Curb Your Enthusiasm is great as well.  Someone briefly mentioned Taxi-- that is one of the most underrated sitcoms ever.  Allow me to also mention The Simpsons, a sitcom in my book and a truly great show even if at this point it is getting slightly stale.  

I'm a big fan of sitcoms.  There have been many good ones over the last 60 or so years. 

[/QUOTE]

If we are going to include animation in the conversation then you have to include South Park.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Big Bang is one of my favorite shows and I never really got into Seinfeld, so... BAZINGA!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I like Big Bang Theory but many were better. Seinfeld and Cheers are tough to top. Some not mentioned that I enjoyed,

The Cosby Show
    The Muppet Show
    The Simpsons
    I Love Lucy
    The Carol Burnett Show
    Monty Python   :o]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Jack Soo (Sgt. Yemana) had a great role in Barney Miller. The best episode was the hash brownie episodeā€¦.

[/QUOTE]

I recently made a funk instrumental mix for my iPod and I found an uncut/original 3 minute Barney Miller theme song from You Tube that I downloaded and added.

Outside of Cheers, hands down the best theme song music in sitcom history:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roHYXrLhmHc

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Kids in the Hall

The Munsters

Benny Hill

Seinfeld

Get Smart

That 70's show

Mr. Bean

Ripping Yarns

SCTV - The early years with John Candy, O'Hara, Levy

(Me and my brothers watched a lot of PBS-WGBH growing up in the 70's.  All the Great British Comedies were on that channel.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stegall85. Show stegall85's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Kids in the Hall

The Munsters

Benny Hill

Seinfeld

Get Smart

That 70's show

Mr. Bean

Ripping Yarns

SCTV - The early years with John Candy, O'Hara, Levy

(Me and my brothers watched a lot of PBS-WGBH growing up in the 70's.  All the Great British Comedies were on that channel.)

[/QUOTE]

Good list

Fawlty Towers is another British show that was hilarious

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

Seinfeld was genius writing. Big Bang is funnier.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

The Office pre-Jim & Pam's wedding. Post-wedding the show went downhill. The last three years were especially bad

But the first 4 1/2 seasons were as funny as any television show ever

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Seinfeld for sure. BBT has some extremely funny episodes, but tons of forgettable ones in between. Seinfeld was so consistently funny. Frasier would probably be 2nd for me. 

Just so many memorable Seinfeld Episodes:

The Contest

The Parking Garage

The Library Cop

The Soup Nazi

The Chinese Restaraunt

And all the quotes:

Cosmo Kramer: The bus is outta control. So I grab him by the collar, I take him out of the seat, I get behind the wheel, and now I'm driving the bus.
    Jerry: Wow.
    George Costanza: You're Batman.
    Cosmo Kramer: Yeah, yeah, I am Batman. Then the mugger, he comes to and he starts choking me. So I'm fighting him off with one hand and I kept driving the bus with the other, ya know. Then I managed to open up the door and I kicked him out the door, ya know, with my foot, ya know, at the next stop.
    Jerry: You kept making all the stops?
    Cosmo Kramer: Well, people kept ringing the bell!

Cosmo Kramer: You know Darren, if you would have told me twenty-five years ago that some day I'd be standing here about to solve the world's energy problems, I would've said you're crazy... Now let's push this giant ball of oil out the window.

Jerry: So your saying UNICEF is a scam?
    Cosmo Kramer: It's the perfect cover for a money laundering operation . No one can keep track of all those kids with the little orange boxes of change.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

The Simpsons is the best sitcom, animated or otherwise, to ever be shown on tv.

Some staleness is to be expected when you approach 3 decades worth of shows.

Never a huge fan of Seinfeld. Seinfeld, himself, was totally grating. I hear he's fantastic in stand-up, but I found him nearly unwatchable on that show; "Hey, here's a regular life situation that's apparently made funny by my jewish accent and absurd InFlEcTiOnS!" Kramer and Costanza were funny. It was a decent show, I just wouldn't call it anywhere near the best sitcom ever.

Frasier for me if live action. I also have very fond memories of Murphy Brown.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Seinfeld for sure. BBT has some extremely funny episodes, but tons of forgettable ones in between. Seinfeld was so consistently funny. Frasier would probably be 2nd for me. 

Just so many memorable Seinfeld Episodes:

The Contest

The Parking Garage

The Library Cop

The Soup Nazi

The Chinese Restaraunt

And all the quotes:

Cosmo Kramer: The bus is outta control. So I grab him by the collar, I take him out of the seat, I get behind the wheel, and now I'm driving the bus.
    Jerry: Wow.
    George Costanza: You're Batman.
    Cosmo Kramer: Yeah, yeah, I am Batman. Then the mugger, he comes to and he starts choking me. So I'm fighting him off with one hand and I kept driving the bus with the other, ya know. Then I managed to open up the door and I kicked him out the door, ya know, with my foot, ya know, at the next stop.
    Jerry: You kept making all the stops?
    Cosmo Kramer: Well, people kept ringing the bell!

Cosmo Kramer: You know Darren, if you would have told me twenty-five years ago that some day I'd be standing here about to solve the world's energy problems, I would've said you're crazy... Now let's push this giant ball of oil out the window.

Jerry: So your saying UNICEF is a scam?
    Cosmo Kramer: It's the perfect cover for a money laundering operation . No one can keep track of all those kids with the little orange boxes of change.

[/QUOTE]

LOL!! Thanks for the quotes, you brought me back in time!! I really enjoyed the talk show episode when Kramer found the talk show furniture and George ran over the squirrel!! Or the episode where George saved the whale by pulling a golf ball out of its blowhole! Kramer- "what do ya know, a hole in one!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

Always sunny in Philadelphia 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

Lots of great shows mentioned already, I'll add The Odd Couple--been watching reruns lately on MeTV---Klugman and Randle were pitch perfect! The show still holds up 40+ years later

agree with Russ on Barney Miller as best theme song and I'll throw in Sanford & Son (both Quincy Jones I think) best non-sitcom theme Rockford Files

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy"

-Ben Franklin

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

More great Seinfeld quotes:

Cosmo Kramer: They're trying to screw with your head.
    Jerry: Now why would a junior high school want to screw with my head?
    Cosmo Kramer: Why does Radio Shack ask for your phone number when you buy batteries? I don't know.

George Costanza: We think it was Saddam Hussein, but he had a British accent, so we're not sure.

Cosmo Kramer: I was returning some pants. I took a short cut in a subway tunnel and fell in some mud, ruining my pants. The very pants I was returning.
    Elaine: I don't understand - you were wearing the pants you were returning?
    Cosmo Kramer: Well, I guess I was.
    Elaine: What were you going to wear home?
    Cosmo Kramer: Elaine, are you listening? I never even got there.

Jerry: The sex is unbelieveable. I was like an animal, just completely uninhibitted.
    George Costanza: Like going to the bathroom in front of a whole bunch of people and not caring.
    Jerry: [short pause] It's not like that at all!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

The Seinfeld writing and classic scenes could go on for days here.  Nothing will ever better that show. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Red Sox first innings. Best  comedy summer replacement show. The Burn Notice of comedy,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to patsfaninpa420's comment:

The butt fumble has all of these beat handsdown

Will you pass this on to glenr:  I was at a party and this guy made venison that was so good it made you want to go out and shoot one.

Sections
Shortcuts