OT: Hernandez

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

OT: Hernandez and the Salary Cap

This guy from the NFP is saying that if Hernandez gets implicated in the double murder that it would give the Patriots grounds to recoup his entire signing bonus (which is what is causing the dead money next year).  There isn't a lot of detail, but I think it has to do with the timing (i.e. when he signed the extension it had language that there weren't any circumstances that could prevent him from staying on the team and since the double murder allegedly occurred before he signed the extension he would be violating that language making the contract void).  I highly doubt Kraft actually sees any money since it's most likely been spent on legal defense etc but if the Pats could get it credited back on the cap it would be nice.

Link to the twitter feed I was talking about here

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: OT: Hernandez

Well if i rememer right not all the money has een paid up yet thats dead money,but I could be wrong

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

Well if i rememer right not all the money has een paid up yet thats dead money,but I could be wrong

There is dead money because the Patriots had already paid out Hernandez's signing bonus when he signed the extension.  The claim here is that if Hernandez is implicated in this double murder that it would be grounds to void his entire contract including the signing bonus that was already paid out (something that the Lloyd murder could not do).  This would give the team grounds to go after the money.  Now they probably won't get it since he's probably spent most of it, but they could get the league to credit that money back to the cap.  That is what I am referring to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from irishfanatic. Show irishfanatic's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Thanks but we already have a Hernandez thread 3 threads below here. 

[/QUOTE]

Just for your information YOU are not WE

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Thanks troll, but that is about an entirely different topic.  This is actually relevant to the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to PhatVirgin's comment:

I thought the Patriots pretty much said the same thing about the original murder.

No.  The dispute now is about money that hasn't been paid out yet.  There wasn't a sense that they had a good case to go after money already paid out.  This other crime might give them the grounds go after that money as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is dead money because the Patriots had already paid out Hernandez's signing bonuswhen he signed the extension.  The claim here is that if Hernandez is implicated in this double murder that it would be grounds to void his entire contract including the signing bonus that was already paid out (something that the Lloyd murder could not do).  This would give the team grounds to go after the money.  Now they probably won't get it since he's probably spent most of it, but they could get the league to credit that money back to the cap.  That is what I am referring to.

[/QUOTE]
    I understand  that but there is dead money that hasnt been paid yet too due this year which they where stil tring to get.To your part well it might be spent ut Pats can put a lien on his house to recup that even though still will go agiant the cap, but he league might void it too who knows.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We?  Have you joined Patriots Nation?  Good move!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

We?? GET LOST TROLL! We New england fans discuss what we wan,t in as many threads as we want. Your opinion dont matter butchise!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There is dead money because the Patriots had already paid out Hernandez's signing bonus when he signed the extension.  The claim here is that if Hernandez is implicated in this double murder that it would be grounds to void his entire contract including the signing bonus that was already paid out (something that the Lloyd murder could not do).  This would give the team grounds to go after the money.  Now they probably won't get it since he's probably spent most of it, but they could get the league to credit that money back to the cap.  That is what I am referring to.

[/QUOTE]

Well, if the standard for "implicated" is a conviction then the timing will be too late to help for next year. 

If the standard is only being charged with a crime that's a different story.

I don't see any trial starting before the fall.

12. This post has been removed.