ot: HULK HOGAN was back and running wild on WWE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: ot: HULK HOGAN was back and running wild on WWE!

In response to TexasPat's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

Buddy Rodgers is credited for inventing the Figure-Four Leg lock.  Greg Valentines father Johnny Valentine used to team up with Buddy Rodgers and started using the Figure-Four leg lock, passed the move down to his son Greg "The Hammer" Valentine. 

Buddy Rodgers was the original "Nature Boy". Ric Flair modeled his wrestling personna after Rodgers. Buddy was the champ in the 60s, until he was defeated by Bruno Sammartino. I believe Bruno broke Buddy's leg in the process. Like Flair, Rodgers, for the most part, was a villain.

One of my college buddys Father was friends with Bruno Sammartino and Bruno would stay at their house whenever he passed through their area.  He had some cool stories.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

* not saying anything about Santa or the Easter bunny. *

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

* not saying anything about Santa or the Easter bunny. *

Why?  Is there something we should know?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Ivan Putski and Chief Jay Strongbow when I was a kid.
    Then ran back into it in the late 1980's:  Ultimate Warrior.

First time I saw him on tv, he was already in the feud with the Heenan family.  Warrior was mopping the canvas with some poor slob when Ravishing Rick Rude came in and broke it up.  As those two went at it, Andre the Giant and Heenan were headed to the ring as well.  Warrior picked up Rude, pressed him up over his head, walked across the ring with him, and threw him out on top of Andre, sending them both to the floor.

That was good enough for me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Just for the record, great feuds back in the day.  The 4 Horseman were the best heels ever, feuding with everyone.  Road Warriors vs the Russians were pretty cool too and Magnum TA vs Nikita Koloff was pretty good also.  I liked the NWA days.

Those were the days. I remember meeting Andre the giant when I was a kid. I came up to his knee cap!

btw...I am coming up on 5000 club

Cool about Andre, did he have a beverage in his hand?  His beer drinking stories are legendary, lmao!!  

5k club.. Cool!  Would you like a personalized avatar made for it?

Please sir. That would be an honor. Thanks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

Ivan Putski, Chief Jay Strongbow, Dean Ho, Tony Garea, Gorilla Monsoon, Larry Zybysco, Killer Kowalski, S D  Jones, Haystacks Calhoun, Big John Studd, The Fabulous Moolah, Pat Patterson, Pedro Morales...

You left out Arentino Apollo, Ernie Ladd, Baron Miguel Sicluna and the Iron Sheik

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Just for the record, great feuds back in the day.  The 4 Horseman were the best heels ever, feuding with everyone.  Road Warriors vs the Russians were pretty cool too and Magnum TA vs Nikita Koloff was pretty good also.  I liked the NWA days.

Those were the days. I remember meeting Andre the giant when I was a kid. I came up to his knee cap!

Cool about Andre, did he have a beverage in his hand?  His beer drinking stories are legendary, lmao!!  

What would you like? 

Did you not like the one I posted on page 1? LOL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

What would you like? 

Did you not like the one I posted on page 1? LOL!!!

It was good. Maybe you could put her on top of the bomb? Lol

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It was good. Maybe you could put her on top of the bomb? Lol

But she is on top of the bomb! LOL!

Something else strike your fancy??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Sweet..I will go with this one, thanks TFB! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

You are welcome.

I made a change in it if you like the new one better.  Let me know if you come up with something else, I would be more then happy to give any idea you have a shot!

The Avatar might end up being too small to read the lettering though so this picture might not work.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

the one on the left is too fat. i dont like phat or fat ch-----s!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

It's as scripted as the NFL. I mean, come on... The Giants beat the Patriots?? Twice?? Total BS...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

Hey, no love for Randy "THE MACHO MAN" Savage? Suck on Slim Jim, Oooh yeaah!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Behind every good wrestler is a good manager... Miss Elizabeth!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

RIP

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

RIP

A sad ending for Liz, at age 42: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/celebrity/autopsy-booze-drugs-killed-miss-elizabeth

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

I was about to say that!

And the Ultimate Warrior! All he did was run really fast everywhere, shake the top rope, and go a billion miles an hour...boy that guy was fun. I remember being a kid in the 80s and hearing the rumor that he died, and it was because of the ribbons he tied around his arms! HAHAHAHA, kids will believe anything.

But I have to give a nod to the 90s, which was truly a great era for wrestling. IF you're a wrestling fan, that's when it all came together. A roster full of guys who could put on a good show, but talk a fun game just as well.

The Rock, Stone Cold, Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, HHH. Vince McMahon, the super-rich owner played a large role, often as one of the best heels ever. Chris Jericho is one of the funniest guys I've ever heard with a mic in his hand.

The groups that existed, the NWO, DX, N.O.D.

The gimmicks they really started utilizing...tables, ladders and chairs, OH MY! Extensive steel cage use. Wrestlemania and the ROyal Rumble started in the mid-late 80s, and exploded in the 90s.

It's no surprise wrestling has remained so popular. If sports fans could get over spewing "you know it's fake, right", I think everyone would be happier. Nobody beyond 10 at the OLDEST thinks it's real. It's entertainment. Hollywood movies...real or fake? Entertaining or not?

Millions find NASCAR entertaining....I find it simply mind-numbing. But I understand it's appeal...the power, the noise, the crashes, the 200mph jockeying for position, the efficiency of pit changes...and dozens of little nuances I'm not invested enough to realize. To me, it's a circle. At least make it a figure 8! I've poked fun at a buddy of mine for years...HUGE NASCAR fan he is.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Millions find NASCAR entertaining....I find it simply mind-numbing. But I understand it's appeal...the power, the noise, the crashes, the 200mph jockeying for position, the efficiency of pit changes...and dozens of little nuances I'm not invested enough to realize. To me, it's a circle. At least make it a figure 8! I've poked fun at a buddy of mine for years...HUGE NASCAR fan he is.

Blasphemy!!! What you don't like watching cars go really, really fast and take a left turn like 500 times?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Blasphemy!!! What you don't like watching cars go really, really fast and take a left turn like 500 times?

A figure 8 would make it much more interesting, they would have to practice left turns and right turns. But there would probably be many more crashes where the ovals intersect...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

In response to BostonSportsFan111's comment:

A figure 8 would make it much more interesting, they would have to practice left turns and right turns. But there would probably be many more crashes where the ovals intersect...

Put in an overpass so they get a little air time.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

It's your fault my gf, who works 3rd shift, is now mad at me!

I almost contained the laughter...then it just kind of, erupted from me... 

GOOOOOOOLDBERG!

And how can you watch this and not be impressed by the pure insanity these guys are willing to produce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNGzmRutyY8

Surprised

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Sections
Shortcuts