OT: If the Celts keep #6, who do you want them to draft?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

OT: If the Celts keep #6, who do you want them to draft?

I'm assuming that Wiggins, Embiid, Exum and Parker will be off the board in some order 1-4, which leaves Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Noah Vonleh and Marcus Smart... with maybe a Dario Saric as a sleeper, though since he's stated publically that he'd play in the US if drafted by Boston or the Lakers, maybe they could snag him at #17 (if he slips due to teams being uncertain) or even trade up a bit.

With that said, I'd love to see them land Aaron Gordon... he's long, athletic, high character kid that will bring a ton of energy, versatiltiy, D, hustle and highlight reel type plays and looks like the ideal defensive matchup for some of the elite, athletic wings in the East.  His offensive game is behind his defensive game, but he's also the youngest player in the draft and is still developing.  I'll take his upside here.  If I had to rank the rest in order of preference, it'd be Vonleh, Randle, Smart then Saric.

Who you got?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: OT: If the Celts keep #6, who do you want them to draft?

Well, IF the Celtics are using this pick that means the 'fireworks' that DA promised didn't happen so we will suck for another couple season....

If they do pick at 6, I would rank them Gordon, Vonleh, Smart, James Young, Gary Harris.... I don't need a Julius Randle, the Celtics have two PFs, Sully and KO, who can be just as good as Randle. I think the kid is a little undersized to fit the ZBo role and he doesn't have many moves and no right hand, all of which scares me. I love the upside of a Gordon or Vonleh and their athletic ability. And the Celtics desperately need a scoring SG or SF and Harris can be a good scorer, same with Young.

At pick 17, I wouldn't mind seeing my boy Napier taken for some PG depth in case Rondo leaves via FA.

Check out my Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

If the Celtics intent on keeping Rondo, then Gordon or Vonleh (Randle only if a deal is lined up to trade Sully for a piece).

If they trade Rondo, give me Marcus Smart.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I think Smart will end up being the best NBA player, so I guess I would go that route.  After the top 4, this draft isn't that exciting to me.  I'm not a huge Olynyk fan, but they should give him another year to develop and stay healthy.  Probably too soon to draft a similar player.  I think he will end up being another soft Gonzaga product who disappoints, but maybe I'll be suprised.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bustify. Show Bustify's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

I think Smart will end up being the best NBA player, so I guess I would go that route.  After the top 4, this draft isn't that exciting to me.  I'm not a huge Olynyk fan, but they should give him another year to develop and stay healthy.  Probably too soon to draft a similar player.  I think he will end up being another soft Gonzaga product who disappoints, but maybe I'll be suprised.

I think Olynyk will be a great offensive player, but he will be a liability on defense. IMO, his role at his peak will be a solid 6th man or a very good scorer off the bench.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Smart if he's there...Vonleh second...doubt we get a crack at Randle and the best players will be gone when we pick. Gordon is very athletic and a great defensive player but is a SF/PF tweener who has no offensive game at all, shoots less than 50% from the line...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Gordon is my #1 choice but Smart would make me happy too. After that I would like Vonleh would round up my top 3. Gordon's athleticism, hustle, and defense would make him a great fit to supplant Jeff Green. I'm confident his O will improve, especially with Rondo running point.

"I don’t know. I think Tom is probably the best leader I’ve ever been around so I wouldn’t be too critical of him. " - BB

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SportsGenius1. Show SportsGenius1's posts

Smart is the Smart choice if available! My nephew is a CBB junkie and he told me the best player not named Embiid is Marcus Smart. He also told me that Rondo was a stud and he was right then also.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well, IF the Celtics are using this pick that means the 'fireworks' that DA promised didn't happen so we will suck for another couple season....

If they do pick at 6, I would rank them Gordon, Vonleh, Smart, James Young, Gary Harris.... I don't need a Julius Randle, the Celtics have two PFs, Sully and KO, who can be just as good as Randle. I think the kid is a little undersized to fit the ZBo role and he doesn't have many moves and no right hand, all of which scares me. I love the upside of a Gordon or Vonleh and their athletic ability. And the Celtics desperately need a scoring SG or SF and Harris can be a good scorer, same with Young.

At pick 17, I wouldn't mind seeing my boy Napier taken for some PG depth in case Rondo leaves via FA.

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Sully or KO have the same upside as Randle... and I think they need to draft, who they feel, are the best players, regardless.  Talent, above all else, wins in the NBA.  I think most would consider the draft a huge failure if they come out of the #6 pick with Harris or Young.  Not that either is a bad player, but neither is a Top 5 or so talent in this class.  I'd rather they land the higher level talent/upside player at #6, then move up from #17 if they can for a Harris or Stauskas, etc.  I also like the idea of the frequently mocked to Boston, TJ Warren, as that scoring 3 at #17.

I also like Napier at #17, but really like Louisiana-Lafayette's Elfrid Payton as well.  He has a lot of Rondo to his game, minus the diva mentality.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Sully or KO have the same upside as Randle... and I think they need to draft, who they feel, are the best players, regardless.  Talent, above all else, wins in the NBA.  I think most would consider the draft a huge failure if they come out of the #6 pick with Harris or Young.  Not that either is a bad player, but neither is a Top 5 or so talent in this class.  I'd rather they land the higher level talent/upside player at #6, then move up from #17 if they can for a Harris or Stauskas, etc.  I also like the idea of the frequently mocked to Boston, TJ Warren, as that scoring 3 at #17.

I also like Napier at #17, but really like Louisiana-Lafayette's Elfrid Payton as well.  He has a lot of Rondo to his game, minus the diva mentality.

[/QUOTE]

I think Sully has a solid future in Boston.  He provides rebounding and interior toughness that is necessary at the NBA level.  Pairing him with Randle would provide the Celts with a pair of good, young interior players who could develop into a solid presence.  I think that picking Randle would leave Olynyk as the odd-man-out in a way.  You can't have that much size on the floor for long stretches.  I wouldn't mind, though, because I think Randle will be a far better player than KO, and as you said, talent wins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/" rel="nofollow">http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think Sully has a solid future in Boston.  He provides rebounding and interior toughness that is necessary at the NBA level.  Pairing him with Randle would provide the Celts with a pair of good, young interior players who could develop into a solid presence.  I think that picking Randle would leave Olynyk as the odd-man-out in a way.  You can't have that much size on the floor for long stretches.  I wouldn't mind, though, because I think Randle will be a far better player than KO, and as you said, talent wins.

[/QUOTE]

Assuming he's not part of a potential Love deal, I totally agree on Sully and was ecstatic when they landed him. As things stand today, he's probably my favorite Celtics player... though that might change if they can land Gordon. ;)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

i agree with sports genius. Take Smart at 6, and take Dario Saric @ 17, then trade Rondo to Houston for a package involving Omar Asik and a couple # 1's. Then trade those #1's and Sully for Kevin Love. Hey a guy can dream cant he?!

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Ha! I looked up the videos on Gordon as soon as we got the 6 pick. I think it is a good fit and we need some athleticism, which this kid certainly has. 

Over all though this season does not look good without a shot at Kevin Love...

[object HTMLDivElement]

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think Randle is gonna be anything close to as good as people say. He's undersized, has only a left hand, minimal moves and no real jumper. Unless he develops a move besides the spin and gets a consistent jumper (all of which are possible), then I don't want him. Gordon could end up doing all the same things as Randle and be more explosive.

We don't need another undersized 6'8-6'9 PF.

Then again, my opinion on Randle is out there but idk im not big on him in the NBA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

If the Celts keep #6 then my draft thoughts will turn to a cold Sam Adams.   This "deep draft" is more watered down than a Coors Light.

If you stay put at 6 you are telling your fan base you simply don't care about them.

If I MUST take someone at 6 I'd take ... nah, I refuse to pick at 6.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I'm just glad people want to talk basketball over here. The Celtics forum is beyond stupid. Idiotic trade proposals, and theories on how to make the team better.

There's a good amount of them that DONT want Love because they think building through the draft is the way to go. Picking at 6 wont get it done.

Bring KLove here, sign rondo and KLove for the long term and start to lure another young budding star and you can compete

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I'm just glad people want to talk basketball over here. The Celtics forum is beyond stupid. Idiotic trade proposals, and theories on how to make the team better.

There's a good amount of them that DONT want Love because they think building through the draft is the way to go. Picking at 6 wont get it done.

Bring KLove here, sign rondo and KLove for the long term and start to lure another young budding star and you can compete

Yeah, building through the draft in the NBA is almost mpossible, unless you score an elite/franchise talent like Hakeem or Bird or Magic or Shaq or Duncan or Lebron or Durant, etc... none of which are available in this class.  Sure you can add complimentary pieces, but if you don't have a legit superstar or three, you're going nowhere.

I could see them having interest in a RFA (believe he's a UFA in 2015-16).  He can do a lot of things and you know Stevens is familiar with him.  His 3P% really regressed this season, but he had a good (3) season stretch before that (.473 / .346 / .415).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Who ever Minnesota wants at #6, in exchange for a trade we hear that night and Love is coming to boston.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts