OT Jared Veldheer

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Re: OT Jared Veldheer

Paul~ I would love to see the Pats take him with one of their 2nd rounders. 
    first pick~ DE or OLB
    second pick~ WR
    third pick ~ OT
    fourth pick~ DT DE

* if you want a guy with a "V" in his name there's Vlad Ducasse from Umass..he graded out better than Veldheer....I would take either one

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

harley, Ducasse is unpolished and beaten bad a few times I have seen.  I am not sold on him at all.  I prefer V

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: OT Jared Veldheer:
    [QUOTE]Cosing on Veldmeer.  Round 4 would be a nice pick.
    Posted by russgriswold[/QUOTE]

He's going to be long gone before the 4th happens. My guess is he'll be taken 50-70 range

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I wouldn't bet much money on Veldmeer being drafted in the early rounds too many quality choices before the project players are taken.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Joakimbrian. Show Joakimbrian's posts

ed wang is all i have to say

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Yeah, he's climbing.  He will be a top 70 pick.  I find it amazing that this guy could end up being a 2nd rounder.  It would have to go to a team that is willing to gamble a little bit and have some time for development.  Personally I would like it if the Pats stayed away from this guy.  The Pats have to have hits this draft and next draft to get back up to where they were.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Small school. Great prospect. I'd say high 3rd low 2nd. Since we don't have a 3rd. second it is.....was mentioned on the Mock Draft thread.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gulo. Show Gulo's posts

NATESUCKS has already posted a lot about this guy
    i think he comparable to vollmer in size
    Vollmer played in a good offense at Houston, at a REAL FOOTBALL PROGRAM
    Veldheer was not even a standout at Hillsdale or whatever liberal arts college he played for... the DEs that were rushing him were librarians....

i dont think hes worth a second round pick, and i dont necessarily see the tackle position to be such a need... Kaczur just had his contract extended and we have vollmer. id prefer there to be more of a focus on the much larger needs this team has.... like a passrush

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

I think it would be great to have the Killer V's on the O-line for the Pats. Would love to see them make a V-line for the defensive back field.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

[QUOTE]NATESUCKS has already posted a lot about this guy i think he comparable to vollmer in size Vollmer played in a good offense at Houston, at a REAL FOOTBALL PROGRAM Veldheer was not even a standout at Hillsdale or whatever liberal arts college he played for... the DEs that were rushing him were librarians.... i dont think hes worth a second round pick, and i dont necessarily see the tackle position to be such a need... Kaczur just had his contract extended and we have vollmer. id prefer there to be more of a focus on the much larger needs this team has.... like a passrush
    Posted by Gulo[/QUOTE]

Hate to tell you but Neal and Light are getting old and Kaczur has been beaten a lot by better then average bull rushers and speed rushers. OL is a need position to draft for the future, though I do agree pass rush is the bigger of the 2 needs. Amazingly enough people were saying the same thing last year when Vollmer's name was brought up. He came from a small D2 secondary school and only had to worry about undersized and undertalented DE's. I think I'd take a second look at Veldheer's combine video. He blew away the other OT's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

Ed Wang please! Can be had with out 4th pick. Former TE, ridiculously aglile for a 6'5 315lber. Played in Vtech. Great football program and faced several high end DE/OLB. Was LT for 1 year and will be a solid RT as well.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

yeah, he's not too shabby according to this list of prospects:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2010/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:ol

two other big guys to consider are young from norte dame and fox from miami

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

[QUOTE]NATESUCKS has already posted a lot about this guy i think he comparable to vollmer in size Vollmer played in a good offense at Houston, at a REAL FOOTBALL PROGRAM Veldheer was not even a standout at Hillsdale or whatever liberal arts college he played for... the DEs that were rushing him were librarians.... i dont think hes worth a second round pick, and i dont necessarily see the tackle position to be such a need... Kaczur just had his contract extended and we have vollmer. id prefer there to be more of a focus on the much larger needs this team has.... like a passrush
    Posted by Gulo[/QUOTE]

Veldheer demanded attention at the combine with remarkable workouts that validated his extraordinary play throughout college, where he was the top vote-getter in his region for the Gene Upshaw Award as the top small-college offensive lineman last year. At the combine, this giant had a 32½-inch vertical jump, 32 reps with 225 pounds in the bench press and a best 40-yard time of 5.06 seconds.

Do you even research before you speak? he was an outstanding player throughout college (see notes from CBS's players profiles)  I agree that pass rush is needed which is why i think that a passrusher needs to be selected with the higher picks but I would select Veldheer with out last 2nd round pick. He would be a beast on the Right tackle spot and allow us to worry less about mankins and lights contracts and shore up the line.

Named First-Team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association following the 2009 season … Participated in the Texas vs. The Nation All-Star Game on Feb. 6, 2010  Also named First-Team All-Region by the AFCA and was an All-region selection as part of the Gene Upshaw Award program … Rated as the No. 4-ranked pro prospect by D2football.com … Named a 2009 Division II Preseason All-American by The Sporting News. Voted team captain after the completion of spring practice

Team captain and a First-Team All-GLIAC selection … .Named Second-Team All-Region by Daktronics … Has blocked for a 1,000-yard rusher in all three of his seasons as a starter … Named the team's Offensive Lineman of the Year and was the Offensive Player of the Week Sept. 21.

Named Second-Team All-GLIAC and Daktronics Second- Team All-Region … Became known as one of the best left tackles in the GLIAC, and was a key part in Hillsdale's record-setting offense in 2007 … Earned the team's E.P.E.P. Award after a week 5 win over Michigan Tech … Named the team's Offensive Lineman of the Year … Will serve as co-captain of the 2008 team … The only junior on the roster to be a co-captain this season … Tallest player on the team … Has terrific footwork and power … Entering third season as a starter … Has blocked for a 1,000- yard rusher in each of his first two seasons.

Started all 11 games at left tackle … Named Offensive Freshman of the Year

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Good post Nate, you're right about how the Pats should approach the draft>>>a de or olb with the 22nd and Oline in the second round. I would be happy with either Veldheer or Decasse though Decasse needs more work. I could also see the Pats going for Pouncey with 22nd then all defense in the second round>>>really hard to know what BB will do.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Vollmer:

Height:
    Weight: 312
    40 Yrd Dash: 5.13
    20 Yrd Dash: 2.90
    10 Yrd Dash: 1.77
    225 Lb. Bench Reps:
    Vertical Jump: 36 1/2
    Broad Jump: 09'03"
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.50
    3-Cone Drill: 7.51

Veldeer

Height: 6080 - better than Vollmer
    Weight: 312- same
    40 Yrd Dash: 5.09 (not his best run 4.82 at his pro day*) better than Vollmer
    20 Yrd Dash:
    10 Yrd Dash: 
    225 Lb. Bench Reps:
     32 - same
    Vertical Jump: 33"
    Broad Jump: 9' 1"- very close to vollmer
    20 Yrd Shuttle: 4.51- very close to Vollmer
    3-Cone Drill: 7.40 (better than vollmer)

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=86432&draftyear=2010&genpos=OT

As we can see Veldeer is quicker laterally than Vollmer and faster in the 40 time.  Veldeer is slightly taller but cannot jump as high.  They have a similar strength level. Vollmer is faster at short distances. They both have similar arm length and hand size.  As we can see they are both very similar physically and would be quite the pair to protect Brady.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

In Response to Re: OT Jared Veldheer : Veldheer demanded attention at the combine with remarkable workouts that validated his extraordinary play throughout college, where he was the top vote-getter in his region for the Gene Upshaw Award as the top small-college offensive lineman last year. At the combine, this giant had a 32½-inch vertical jump, 32 reps with 225 pounds in the bench press and a best 40-yard time of 5.06 seconds. Do you even research before you speak? he was an outstanding player throughout college (see notes from CBS's players profiles)  I agree that pass rush is needed which is why i think that a passrusher needs to be selected with the higher picks but I would select Veldheer with out last 2nd round pick. He would be a beast on the Right tackle spot and allow us to worry less about mankins and lights contracts and shore up the line. 2009 Named First-Team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association following the 2009 season … Participated in the Texas vs. The Nation All-Star Game on Feb. 6, 2010  Also named First-Team All-Region by the AFCA and was an All-region selection as part of the Gene Upshaw Award program … Rated as the No. 4-ranked pro prospect by D2football.com … Named a 2009 Division II Preseason All-American by The Sporting News. Voted team captain after the completion of spring practice 2008 Team captain and a First-Team All-GLIAC selection … .Named Second-Team All-Region by Daktronics … Has blocked for a 1,000-yard rusher in all three of his seasons as a starter … Named the team's Offensive Lineman of the Year and was the Offensive Player of the Week Sept. 21. 2007 Named Second-Team All-GLIAC and Daktronics Second- Team All-Region … Became known as one of the best left tackles in the GLIAC, and was a key part in Hillsdale's record-setting offense in 2007 … Earned the team's E.P.E.P. Award after a week 5 win over Michigan Tech … Named the team's Offensive Lineman of the Year … Will serve as co-captain of the 2008 team … The only junior on the roster to be a co-captain this season … Tallest player on the team … Has terrific footwork and power … Entering third season as a starter … Has blocked for a 1,000- yard rusher in each of his first two seasons. 2006 Started all 11 games at left tackle … Named Offensive Freshman of the Year
    Posted by natesubs

I think this guy is trully an option at 53, the Patriots have one of the best OL coaches in the league.  If you watch tape on this guy he has light feet and moves well that's the key for a tackle he has the arm length and height so if the concern is his technic I wouldn't because that can be coached if you have all the others intengebiles I mentioned.

OL has to improve this year if we want to see Brady in 2007 form and if we want a good running game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If this guy is another Vollmer I have no problem taking him. If we draft a Dlineman or OLB in the first round we could take Veldheer, a RB and either Dline or LB with our number 2 picks. I'm sure nobody has a problem with us using that high pick on Seabass last year. We have a lot of picks and a lot of needs so as long as we're grabbing quality that's all that matters to me.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

[QUOTE]Small school. Great prospect. I'd say high 3rd low 2nd. Since we don't have a 3rd. second it is.....was mentioned on the Mock Draft thread.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]
    Not having a third rounder will never stop BB.  That just doesn't happen in Foxboro.  BB is salivating over the prospect of trading the first rounder or any of the three second rounders downward.  Last year he collected four third rounders before trading two of them for second rounders this year (deals too good to pass up), so he clearly values the third round.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ol44. Show Ol44's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: OT Jared Veldheer : Veldheer demanded attention at the combine with remarkable workouts that validated his extraordinary play throughout college, where he was the top vote-getter in his region for the Gene Upshaw Award as the top small-college offensive lineman last year. At the combine, this giant had a 32½-inch vertical jump, 32 reps with 225 pounds in the bench press and a best 40-yard time of 5.06 seconds. Do you even research before you speak? he was an outstanding player throughout college (see notes from CBS's players profiles)  I agree that pass rush is needed which is why i think that a passrusher needs to be selected with the higher picks but I would select Veldheer with out last 2nd round pick. He would be a beast on the Right tackle spot and allow us to worry less about mankins and lights contracts and shore up the line. 2009 Named First-Team All-American by the American Football Coaches Association following the 2009 season … Participated in the Texas vs. The Nation All-Star Game on Feb. 6, 2010  Also named First-Team All-Region by the AFCA and was an All-region selection as part of the Gene Upshaw Award program … Rated as the No. 4-ranked pro prospect by D2football.com … Named a 2009 Division II Preseason All-American by The Sporting News. Voted team captain after the completion of spring practice 2008 Team captain and a First-Team All-GLIAC selection … .Named Second-Team All-Region by Daktronics … Has blocked for a 1,000-yard rusher in all three of his seasons as a starter … Named the team's Offensive Lineman of the Year and was the Offensive Player of the Week Sept. 21. 2007 Named Second-Team All-GLIAC and Daktronics Second- Team All-Region … Became known as one of the best left tackles in the GLIAC, and was a key part in Hillsdale's record-setting offense in 2007 … Earned the team's E.P.E.P. Award after a week 5 win over Michigan Tech … Named the team's Offensive Lineman of the Year … Will serve as co-captain of the 2008 team … The only junior on the roster to be a co-captain this season … Tallest player on the team … Has terrific footwork and power … Entering third season as a starter … Has blocked for a 1,000- yard rusher in each of his first two seasons. 2006 Started all 11 games at left tackle … Named Offensive Freshman of the Year
    Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE]

Veldheer is a great prospect - agile, quick, fast, and strong.
    Playing in a small school doesn't necessarily mean he will fail against the big boys.
    Volmer with the same physical attributes will be a great tackle for us.
    I would love to have those two in our line.
    Does any one know about his character ? How did Volmer and Veldheer do with their Wonderlinc scores ? Can he handle the playbook and the DL shifts quickly enough ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

he got a 48 on the wonderlic according to http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=378839 but i cannot find a more credible source, i will keep looking though. If that score is true we must have this guy, he is just amazing all around, with those skills and that smarts he could even battle Vollmer for the LT spot potentially lighting a fire under vollmer to work even harder.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

BB and CO know how to pick lineman and if the think Veldheer is the guy than I will trust them on that, if they choose somebody else than i guess he will be the guy. They did it with Mankins and Vollmer both were considered reaches and well they turned out OK if you ask me. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I OL upgrade would certainly give 3 things.  Brady protection, Brady time to pick apart the D, and running lanes.  All 3 need upgrading.  I trust BB's choices on OLmen.  The only problem is they tend to need a little more time to grow into the pro game and the playbook in particular then the skilled positions.  Vollmer was a plesent suprise in that area for sure.