OT - Jon Jones UFC title fight Saturday night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

OT - Jon Jones UFC title fight Saturday night

And Chandler and Arthur are there for back up!

http://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/chandler-jones-arthur-jones-jon-jones-ufc-172.jpg?w=1000 ;

Should be a pretty good fight between Jones and Teixeira!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: OT - Jon Jones UFC title fight Saturday night

BTW, Jones by KO!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

what time does the fight start , EST?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Great fight!

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

Great fight!

It was good.  Jones really did whatever he wanted in the cage tonight.  I think Rumble Johnson would be a tough fight for Jones. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That was a good fight.  Jones has those ridiculously long arms.  He's so hard to get in on.  I was pretty unimpressed with his running away routine in the 5th and his celebratory arms in the air before the fight was over.

This fight was much better than most of the boringass undercards, but it was awesome when that one dude got put to sleep.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

That was a good fight.  Jones has those ridiculously long arms.  He's so hard to get in on.  I was pretty unimpressed with his running away routine in the 5th and his celebratory arms in the air before the fight was over.

This fight was much better than most of the boringass undercards, but it was awesome when that one dude got put to sleep.

I don't mind a little running like that at the end of the fight, he was in a bad spot and just wanted to get out of it.  The arms raised, not a big deal considering he displayed good sportsmanship through the whole fight so it's not like he was being an aho!e or anything. 

Jones reach is huge, he can can attack from awkward angles with elbows, punches, kicks, he even did some dirty boxing with shoulders to the face while in tight against the cage.  He popped Teixeira's elbow a couple times with an overhook on Teixeiras arm and then cranked it, just like Tyson did when he tried to break Francois Bothas arm when they fought.  Jones has a lot of creative attacks, which I guess shouldn't be a big surprise having Greg Jackson as a trainer.  And the scary thing is Jones isn't even in his prime yet.  Still learning! 

The flying knee ko on the undercard was freaking amazing.  One of the best I have seen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I thought the Rockhold/Boetsch was good. It was a short fight, but once Rockhold got the leg triangle locked up - it was just a matter of time.  Boetsch had to tap out with his feet.

The Jones fight was a clinic.  Teixeira didn't have a chance.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts