OT - Jon Jones UFC title fight Saturday night

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

OT - Jon Jones UFC title fight Saturday night

And Chandler and Arthur are there for back up!

http://usatmmajunkie.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/chandler-jones-arthur-jones-jon-jones-ufc-172.jpg?w=1000 ;

Should be a pretty good fight between Jones and Teixeira!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: OT - Jon Jones UFC title fight Saturday night

BTW, Jones by KO!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

what time does the fight start , EST?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tydog. Show Tydog's posts

Great fight!

"I swear it upon Zues the most exceptional runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler"  Socrates

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

Great fight!

It was good.  Jones really did whatever he wanted in the cage tonight.  I think Rumble Johnson would be a tough fight for Jones. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That was a good fight.  Jones has those ridiculously long arms.  He's so hard to get in on.  I was pretty unimpressed with his running away routine in the 5th and his celebratory arms in the air before the fight was over.

This fight was much better than most of the boringass undercards, but it was awesome when that one dude got put to sleep.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That was a good fight.  Jones has those ridiculously long arms.  He's so hard to get in on.  I was pretty unimpressed with his running away routine in the 5th and his celebratory arms in the air before the fight was over.

This fight was much better than most of the boringass undercards, but it was awesome when that one dude got put to sleep.

[/QUOTE]

I don't mind a little running like that at the end of the fight, he was in a bad spot and just wanted to get out of it.  The arms raised, not a big deal considering he displayed good sportsmanship through the whole fight so it's not like he was being an aho!e or anything. 

Jones reach is huge, he can can attack from awkward angles with elbows, punches, kicks, he even did some dirty boxing with shoulders to the face while in tight against the cage.  He popped Teixeira's elbow a couple times with an overhook on Teixeiras arm and then cranked it, just like Tyson did when he tried to break Francois Bothas arm when they fought.  Jones has a lot of creative attacks, which I guess shouldn't be a big surprise having Greg Jackson as a trainer.  And the scary thing is Jones isn't even in his prime yet.  Still learning! 

The flying knee ko on the undercard was freaking amazing.  One of the best I have seen.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OnlyDaTruth. Show OnlyDaTruth's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I thought the Rockhold/Boetsch was good. It was a short fight, but once Rockhold got the leg triangle locked up - it was just a matter of time.  Boetsch had to tap out with his feet.

The Jones fight was a clinic.  Teixeira didn't have a chance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Jones is far and away my favorite fighter.  His technique is nearly insurmountable to fight against.  Here's what I see:  He is sooo long, and he leans his upper body in straight...those long legs like pillars.  It makes both his kicking and punching reach a mile long.  You get past that length and he kills you with his long knees and elbows- very quick.  His arms are ideal...He doesn't  have bulky guy biceps-He has equally solid and thick  forearms and upper arms...like tubes.  Extra killer in motion and length and agility towards placement after you ever get in close to just get killed by no longer his reach...but those knees and elbows now.  His hip swivel is almost effeminate...very fluid and lose...ridiculous swivel in upper lower body jointed connections, movement and balance.  Guy must do zumba and sh-#-t.  Jones is like IF you crossed a leopard with a spider with a ballerina.  Actually get in even closer?  =Jones just uses those spider tubes and equally thick upper and lower arms cusped with big mitts to simply wrap you like tape...some octopus.

This is my fav <and I love developing this when I go to the Y for the heavy bag classes>:  Like most guys, Jones is righty...But he fights slightly off center and southpaw=Smart, smart, SMART fighting style.  That strong arm is now almost a baited weight to grab, jab, block, and just snap as the 1st line of contact etc., with the most strength and dominance.  What are you giving up?  =A better backhand cross...Big deal.  That left can be developed to counter-cross & hook with ease pretty quickly...it gets pretty natural, and you get more balanced in right-left strength coordinates.  Your stronger foot is now placed slightly forward...  And what do you give up there?  =A powerful back dominant leg side and front kick...big deal.  You make it up with a better capability to anchor forward <upper and lower 1st attack>, and snap front and side kick from that 1st leg <the dominant one...just slightly (very slightly) ahead of the weaker 1>; and now you can full side kick from that foremost leg, while being able to spin kick OFF OF that dominant leg and hit with the left 1...  You lose a bit'a full side twist kick from that weaker back leg...but big whoop...you can still ankle snap with it, knee much more dominantly with your right leg as base, and spin kick much more dominantly {with the weaker back one} with your dominant right leg slightly edged forward as a better forefront base pillar stand.

It's an insane fighting style.  It offers up SUCH Little weakness in your full span l-r & top-bottom.  It's dvmb  good.  Jones crushes people's calves with those long snap kicks...and he attacks their weakest weakside balance point (most usually that inner left leg knee-down), upon that opponent leaning to attack forward {snap inner kick from right leg getting that weak point opponent left leg <or right depending if Jones is leaning back just slightly more himself>, or just knee from that weak slightly hedged back left leg.

Watch some of Jones' stuff and simply try shadow or punching or kicking from that southpaw forward lean and slighter southpaw hedge back in leg stance.  Try it out if you're a righty...it can be a mad nasty style of balanced fighting attack to use.  I love developing ambidexterity...obsessively even.  Those are the fighters with greatest balance and least weaknesses of form.  Carlos Medina is a boxer like this...whether he can actually beat Mayweather however, is an entirely different story.