OT- Just wondering.. Who's watching USA/Canada live tomorrow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: OT- Just wondering.. Who's watching USA/Canada live tomorrow?

I know this won't be a popular opinion (I'll risk it), but I like checking, body contact, antagonism, even dare I say, scrapping, at least a scrum here and there. None of which exists in Olympic no-check hockey. Reminds me of an all-star game, except they play defense. Soccer on ice.

Hockey is about hate and villains. Where's the hate? If I want graceful skating, I'll watch women's figure skating.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know this won't be a popular opinion (I'll risk it), but I like checking, body contact, antagonism, even dare I say, scrapping, at least a scrum here and there. None of which exists in Olympic no-check hockey. Reminds me of an all-star game, except they play defense. Soccer on ice.

Hockey is about hate and villains. Where's the hate? If I want graceful skating, I'll watch women's figure skating.

[/QUOTE]

agree completely. I don't think that's an unpopular opinon, especially as Bruin fans because they play that style, that is the better hockey.

the hitting, contact and scrums make the game a lot more emotionally charged and that game toda didnt seem to have any emotion

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to mellymel2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Agreed...too many highly paid NHLers who play on the same team...it's not going to happen...only in the Russian vs. Latvia game...the two countires hate each other

[/QUOTE]

That's why I'd be in favor of a return to college kids, many of which will never have a pro career and who would all but die on the ice to beat the Canadian/Russian kids. These guys are all rich, have too much to lose. I find it boring.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey man, tell that to Jamie Benn! Did you see him get hammered from behind in OT of the Finland game? 

I think that a tournament consisting of > 80% Europeans will lack a strong physical game regardless of who is playing Wink

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

NAS,

I think today's game showed how the USA D was the weak point. 

Canada controlled the puck in their Zone all game. It seemed like we couldn't get it out. 

Granted, our attack couldn't hold it in for more than 30 sec it seemed as well. they didn't even show up either.

Totally outplayed today.

[/QUOTE]

Their weak defense gave up one goal to one of the most powerful teams ever assembled.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The ice was a different size.  International ice allows for more elusive skating and provides a lot more room for the players to avoid getting hammered.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Their weak defense gave up one goal to one of the most powerful teams ever assembled.

[/QUOTE]

very true, but it easily could have been 3 or 4 goals. the Canadians had many breaks that didnt fall in front.

The defense could not get the puck out of the zone at all.

Canada did what they wanted, maybe yes that's a testament to how good they are, but I guess I overrated the Amercians this year because they got outplayed at every phase.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

very true, but it easily could have been 3 or 4 goals. the Canadians had many breaks that didnt fall in front.

The defense could not get the puck out of the zone at all.

Canada did what they wanted, maybe yes that's a testament to how good they are, but I guess I overrated the Amercians this year because they got outplayed at every phase.

[/QUOTE]

Forwards are just as responsible for getting the puck out of the defensive zone. In fact, the defenseman are really responsible for the player(s) in front of the net or around it.It's the forwards who do the puck persuit.  If you see how many times a puck is taken out of the defensive zone, or cleared out, it's usually one of the forwards.

Canadas defense is terrific. Canadas defesnive zone play is even better when you have players like Bergeron and Toews out there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Forwards are just as responsible for getting the puck out of the defensive zone. In fact, the defenseman are really responsible for the player(s) in front of the net or around it.It's the forwards who do the puck persuit.  If you see how many times a puck is taken out of the defensive zone, or cleared out, it's usually one of the forwards.

Canadas defense is terrific. Canadas defesnive zone play is even better when you have players like Bergeron and Toews out there.

[/QUOTE]

yes you are right and Canada had guys swarming the front of the net the entire game almost scoring a ton 

and agree Canada's D is great. and Bergeron I thought played a GREAT game yesterday, he was everywhere.

14. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts