OT- Kirk Cousins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4160947. Show user_4160947's posts

OT- Kirk Cousins

Every time I see this guy I am more and more impressed.  When RGIII went down he had some good games.  His throws last night were spot on.  He showed touch, good reads, and great timing. While it is beating a dead horse, he made Mallet look awful by comparison.  My question is this.  Was he that good or does our secondary really suck again?  His WRs got free at the line and were wide open all night.  I am singling out Ryan and Arrington in particular as giving too much room to the receiver.  They were toast.  Butler was meh.  I know it was second team, preseason, and plain vanilla but you have to wonder what these guys are doing, don't you?

Agree with others that the 2nd team D in the 2nd half was bad.  Have to hope that Fork and Kelly are back to 95%.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Re: OT- Kirk Cousins

In response to user_4160947's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Every time I see this guy I am more and more impressed.  When RGIII went down he had some good games.  His throws last night were spot on.  He showed touch, good reads, and great timing. While it is beating a dead horse, he made Mallet look awful by comparison.  My question is this.  Was he that good or does our secondary really suck again?  His WRs got free at the line and were wide open all night.  I am singling out Ryan and Arrington in particular as giving too much room to the receiver.  They were toast.  Butler was meh.  I know it was second team, preseason, and plain vanilla but you have to wonder what these guys are doing, don't you?

Agree with others that the 2nd team D in the 2nd half was bad.  Have to hope that Fork and Kelly are back to 95%.  

[/QUOTE]

A few things, did you not look at the folks out there at the time of Kirk and to move it along a bit further during RG3's time. The defense had 1 starter (Vince) play and i'm guessing for Vince it was more of a "Need the reps". So when Kirk came in he was playing against a 3rd string Dline , 3rd string Linebackers and a secondary that is probably not going to be on the team come end of preseason. Suffice to say, do not read anything into last nights game (well except we may have some Oline issues). Your eyes should be on the 1st half of next week and the first half of the week 3 preseason. That will give you a more accurate evaluation of the starters and the backups mixed with starters.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: OT- Kirk Cousins

Agree, I can see teams like Houston/Arizona making a pitch for a QB like this....Wash lost a lot of Picks for RG3, they may be able to get a pick or two back for Cousins if Wash plays it's cards right.....

Sections
Shortcuts