OT- Little Poll for Pats Fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

OT- Little Poll for Pats Fans

Just for fun during this bye week..

1) Besides TB12, who is your favorite Patriot player of all-time?

2) Best Regular season game you've seen?

3) Most crushing loss you've seen?

4) Favorite Pats season?

My answers:

1) Tedy Bruschi or Rondey Harrison. Rodney Harrison is a one of a kind player. dont find many guys like him who can cover, run stop and pressure the Q and he was a leader. WRs were afraid to go over the middle with him. Bruschi was just a Pat. Did it all for us. Love him.

2) I might have to go with this year's 34-31 win over Denver. If not that one I would say Patriots-Denver 2004 when BB took a safety on purpose then TB had the GW pass to Givens at the pylon.

3) SB42 is the easiest. 2006 AFCCG is way up there too... and the most crushing regular season game i remember is 2009 4th and 2...

4) 2004. Cory Dillon and defense led dominant team. they were amazing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Re: OT- Little Poll for Pats Fans

John Hannah - Greatest Offensive Lineman of his era. Had everything... he had quickness, flawless technique and was nasty as a rattle snake.

Best regualr season game was the opening of the New Stadium when they hung the 1st SB banner. Although there have ben many of them in the last decade, especially the Miami snow game.

I was in Arizona for the most crushing loss. 1977 playoff loss to oakland 2nd.

1st SB season was awesome. Watching that team develop with a rookie QB was prety cool.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

John "Hog" Hannah

Sorry to many to have just one regular season game impress me more than another.

Super Bowl XX The Bears didn't just beat us the demoralized us! Tony Eason was our QB and by the end of the first half he was crying for his mommy!

2002 I enjoyed that season the most amongst the many I have been blessed to see. Maybe this year will replace it! As it would only be poetic justice and very fitting if the Patriots won this years Super Bowl after having been cheated out of 3 regular season wins and suffering so many key injuries!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Grogan

Pats-bills december 78, won on late field goal put us in playoffs and we all ran onto the field, the good ole days

Crushing loss - 42, easily, should have won, recovered that fumble, eli escaped with lots of corrupt help, asante should have intercepted that throw, should have kicked the field goal in the 3rd quarter, should have thrown more screens to Maroney, should have run off more clock before that last TD - too much frustration - the game 6 against the Mets for the Patriots

2001, easily, got to sit on the lift at Vail with 3 steelers fans after winning the AFC Championship trolling them all the way to the top pretending to be neutral and saying how horrible Kordell was all year, that they were overrated and I never thought they had a chance against the Patriots,  beating the Rams after hearing all week we were goign to get blown out and then hearing Chris Berman on the ESPN post game "kurt warner, marshall faulk perennial MVPs, super bowl champs, greatest show on turf, vastly improved defense ,heavily favored against the ragtag team that had no heroes or superstars that barely made it out of the snowstorm with little to no chance in this one - THAT.....IS.......WHY.....THEY......PLAY THE GAME!!!!!!"

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

4) Favorite Pats season?

1.Bledsoe

2.It was a loss...but Pats @ Dolphins...'94 season. Real cool to see Bledsoe vs Marino. Ben Coates had a monster game. Ray Crittendon with one of the prettiest TD catches I have ever seen.

3.Feb 3rd 2008. Never getting over that! Still not over SB 31. Made peace with SB 20

4.Besides the Superbowl seasons, I will go with the '94 season. Started 0-2. Rallied to 3-2. Lost 4 straight to slump to 3-6. Then ripped off seven straight which included an epic comeback against the Vikings and a 41-17 comeback beat down of the Bills to get to 10-6 and a first playoff birth since losing to Denver in the '86 Divisional.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

1) Randy Moss - until the problems in 2010 - dude was unstoppable even with Cassel at QB. Seymour, Brown, Fork and Bru are up there too

2) It was a game against Indy a few years ago, I believe it was Manning's last time playing the Pats with them. Colts were coming back in the 4th but a James Sanders pick sealed the game. Last year's game against Denver was a fun one too..attending any Brady vs. Manning game is a real treat! 

3) SB 42. Nuff said.

4) 2001 was just an unbelievable roller coaster season and kicked off the dynasty. The huge underdog factor made that one more special IMO

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:
    [QUOTE]

John Hannah - Greatest Offensive Lineman of his era. Had everything... he had quickness, flawless technique and was nasty as a rattle snake.

Best regualr season game was the opening of the New Stadium when they hung the 1st SB banner. Although there have ben many of them in the last decade, especially the Miami snow game.

1st SB season was awesome. Watching that team develop with a rookie QB was prety cool.

[/QUOTE]

Best guard of his era for sure but the best o lineman? I thought Munoz was the best o lineman of that era. Probably the best I have ever seen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

This is best regular season game we've attended right? If not I'd change my answer to something else.

I thoroughly enjoyed the azz kicking they handed the Steelers after that safety (Anthony Smith?) ran his mouth about Brady a few years back lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

1.) Willie Mac.

2.) I'll go with week 17 of the 2007 season, Tom and Randy getting 50 and 23 TDs. Was a cap to the greatest regular season ever.

3.) Superbowl 42. As soon as the Pats got Randy, I called up my buddy and told him "Pats are going undefeated", he laughed and said no way. I told him I wouldn't talk trash all year because I know they're going to win it all. My celebration would come at the end the season because every regular season feat would mean nothing, they're expected to win every game, but the SB championship will be the sweetest. That whole season i went to school, every monday I just smiled and enjoyed the wins and trash talk thrown my way. The first time it became me against the world was Pats v. Cowboys, then the Colts, by the time we got to 15-0 everyone had already given into the Pats winning it all and going 19-0. STILL, no trash talking. That Superbowl was so tough, I thought we woul lose by a lot since Tom couldn't even look downfield long enough to pass, but Captain Clutch came through in the fourth to set up what looked like the game winning drive and I started celebrating. I had the list of people I was going to go after who had talked the most trash and I was ready to let them have it. Then, the Giants took the field. Like I had predicted a Patriots undefeated season, I knew when Asante dropped that INT that the Pats were done. I turned to my sister and said, "they're going to lose this game". That boneheaded play was the type of play that NFL Films always points out as the defining moment of the game in the SB--I remember ESPN running a marathon of past SBs and seeing the exact same moment in 95% of them.

I remember yelling "that's a sack, that's a sack, rule him down!" when the DL had Manning, then his fought out of it and threw the ball and I remember yelling "Someone intercept it!". The ball was up in the air for so long, I saw Hot-Rod and Tyree fighting for position. I yelled "Knock his hands away, Rod! You're strongest Safety in the NFL!". The final nail in the coffin was that kitchen sink blitz, I looked for Plax and saw he was lined up to the left. I yelled "Is Hobbes on Plaxico? Someone call timeout, QUICK!". Manning hiked it, Hobbes fell, I prayed to god that Plax drops the pass, but no good.

Sad to say, my friends did not let me live down that loss. Even though I hadn't talk trash all season, as soon as I got into school, I was mocked. One of my teachers who I had been talking to about the Pats all season came to my class, pulled me out just so I could get an earful. The worst part about it was the fact that I didn't even get to enjoy that season, 16-0 meant nothing, 50 TDs meant nothing, it was a lost season to me because the SB was the true prize. All the other accomplishments would be met with a "but" and the Pats had missed out on history. I had already planned how I would tell my kids, grandkids and great-geandkids about this historical season and it was all gone.

4.) Has to be 2001 team winning the SB as termendous underdogs and it wad fitting that they were named Patriots since they won in the wake of 9/11. If the Pats win this year, this year becomes my favorite because of how much this team battled through the season.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is best regular season game we've attended right? If not I'd change my answer to something else.

I thoroughly enjoyed the azz kicking they handed the Steelers after that safety (Anthony Smith?) ran his mouth about Brady a few years back lol

[/QUOTE]

Just seen not necessarily been to

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Troy Brown is a close second to Willie Mac because the guy was so clutch.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I'm sure you can find a million clutch moments of Troy Brown's clutchness, but this one is the one that sticks out the most for me. A buddy of mine was a huge Chargers fan because he played RB and he loved LT. The Chargers were so good that year, I thought fr sure it would be a loss.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

@ 49patriots 

yup. 42 was the worst. I remember after the game I was just in shock. I walked around the house til 3 pacing. I was more shocked than anything, too shocked to be mad yet. That team on paper and on the field was the best ever. Defense was great, offense unstoppable. Asante's drop and Eli's non IN THE GRASS call are ingrained in my mind. Asante.... Known for picks and couldn't make the one that counted ugh. Why did I ask this question now I'm mad... 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Best guard of his era for sure but the best o lineman? I thought Munoz was the best o lineman of that era. Probably the best I have ever seen.

[/QUOTE]

Munoz was a great tackle no doubt, one of the all time greats but hannah was a different cat. Nobody had as good a lower leg drive and foot work, true technician and the best pulling guard I have ever seen play. I'm probably being bias but hey IMHO that's how I see it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Big Tony was a great player ! I'd still take Hannah if you put them on  the same draft board!!! Also I see the same similarities in Mankins, he is as nasty as they come and fundementally sound on the O-line, Mankins is so good he played flawlessly at LT as recently as two weeks ago, it's almost like looking at Hannah all over again. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

1. Drew Bledsoe really nice guy,  came over and spoke to us during training camp and got his autograph.  Liked him  ever since. 

2. Ohh. Hard one but honestly fondest memorys are in the old stadium with my grandfather.  He was wheelchair bound so we always had a really good view compared to the price of the ticket.  1994 pats home loss to buffalo almost a historic come back to lose by a field goal in the end. Was the last game my gramps and I saw together he passed a short time later.  I still remember how up beat he was at the end of the game and he thought it would be a good season. 

3. Last season in Seattle being in the stands when the Pats let that slip away. .. got  heckled for an hour getting out and going back to the car.  Some not in good taste. a

4. All of the superbowl runs were great but I have to say after them 1996 because I really did not see them making it that far with the losing season the year before. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Andre Tippet. A second round pick in 1982 and played for the Pats his whole 11 year career.He was named to the Pro Bowl 5 times,had 18.5 and 16.5 sacks in back to back seasons.Also a HOFer.Truly,a BAD man.

Tough to pick from such a wide selection including Kevin Faulk,Raymond Clayborn,Mike Haynes,Stanley Morgan,etc...

13 SEP 1992:  ANDRE TIPPETT OF THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS IN ACTION AGAINST THE LOS ANGELES RAMS AT ANAHEIM. Mandatory Credit: Ken Levine/ALLSPORT

Favorite regular season game?The snowplow game vs Miami when the Pats won 3-0 on John Smith's field goal.

Crushing loss? SB 42.No picture needed.

Favorite season?2001 by far.It was the first SB win and the beginning of the Brady/Belichick era of dominance that continues today.It brought the Patriots from being one of the NFL's laughing stock organizations to one of the most feared and respected.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

1) Favorite Pats player of all time not named TB - tie:  Troy Brown & Tedy Bruschi - and I have to add my favorite Pats player quote of all time - Tedy Bruschi after beating the beating the Colts in Foxboro - "We don't talk, we just play."

2) 1971 just returned from deployment, buddies took me to Pats game at the brand new Shaeffer Stadium, raining, Plunkett's rookie year, his TD pass to Reggie Rucker was the difference in their defeat of the 'Skins.  Just a good memory for me.

3)  Have to agree with sportsbozo - that SB XX loss to the Bears was just plain humiliating - it was men and boys.  And yes Tony Eason looked like a deer in headlights.

4)  Agree with mojo here - 2001 - Pats first SB win and the start of the TB/BB era

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

love all the feedback guys! as the young pup here all my picks are from the TB era. luckily this is the team I've grown up with and didn't have to go through the struggle of being a Pats fan through the hard times. I know all about the good and bad years though through my dad and family!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Joe, I'm here to tell ya (and there are others who will as well) there were some pretty agonizing years being a fan of this team. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Joe, I'm here to tell ya (and there are others who will as well) there were some pretty agonizing years being a fan of this team. 

[/QUOTE]

yes I have heard allllll about those years as well. i kinda wish I witnessed some of them before the SBs to make it that much more bittersweet.... oh well

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

John Hannah

Denver/Pats game this season but there are so many more like the Super Bowl win over Carolina

2007 Superbowl loss to the Giants or the 2009 AFCCG (4th and 2game) against Denver. Welker made that first down. Should have been our 4th SB Ring

4) Favorite Pats season?

Still have to say our 18-1 2007 season as painful as it turned out. I can imagine how much fun Denver have had this year with that high octane offense. I believe we'll end their season at mile high, though, and make this our best season ever under the circumstances.

Now it's time to finish 2013 with a 4th ring!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Steve Nelson...was the Ted Bruschi of his day...played with more heart and guts of anyone I have ever seen.

Russ Francis...was the first of the TE that became the norm today....Howard Cosell called him all world.

Steve Grogan....one of only a few QB's I have ever seen that never flinched or ducked even knowing he was about to get smacked.

And last but not least...Tom Brady...he CHANGED everything....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from noahsark99. Show noahsark99's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was one of the most exciting games I've ever seen, too. Thanks for the reminder. There have been so many great games with Bill, Tom & the players.

Sections
Shortcuts