In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It is truly amazing that someone today can take ANY freedom and try to make it an absolute. FOr example, there is such thing as freedom of speech but there is also something called liable or slander. You also cannot scream FIRE in a crowded theater as a joke. You can take essentially ANY freedom and show that there is a limit to it.

ANd so it is with this issue. Descrimination is NOT OK. It is and should be against the law. You dont like it than perhaps you would like to burn the Bill of Rights...

It is amazing how many people cant think beyond the most simplistic of positions. EVERY SINGLE RIGHT has the capability of butting heads with someone else's rights of one sort or another. And so we have to be able to adjudicate, to weigh them against each other in a JUST and EQUITABLE fashion.

It is NOT OK for a hotel to refuse a room to someone because of their race - or their religion - or their gender, etc. If you really dont like that concept I can suggest several countries whose laws support blatant descrimination... you might find yourself more at home in that case.

[/QUOTE]

I think that the people who all responded to me above ar Millennials who generally aren't fond of reading books.

Hey, the NAZIs infamously burned books, too. lol

[/QUOTE]

I cant say whether the apes thumping their chests are young or old or both... but it is a clear case of a COMPLETE lack of understanding of what the Constitution and America is and was all about. Brainless and thoughtless and simply clueless.

[/QUOTE]

I think APats22 is in his early/mid 20s and something tells me the other two are as well. They come off very immature and lacking the ability to understand concepts here on a regular basis.

It;s fine to be younger and not know things, but to be so ignorant or not willing to learn, is very troublesome for that generation in particular.

Babe, as we know, is a mid 60 something right wing nutjob deluxe who probably lives in Arizona and is writing a thank you letter to his geeky, four-eyed right wing nutty Congressman/woman as we speak.

[/QUOTE]

What? I'm not saying I support it or think it's right but it's true it's still their choice. That's why it's not illegal. It's absolutely idiotic and something that needs to change but it's still their choice. Did either of you 2 read what I said?

[/QUOTE]

Umm, they just CREATED a law to MAKE IT LEGAL, which means it was illegal before, kid.

You're doing what SoxRocks is doing which is not understanding what is going on here, but still forming a callous, flip flop position on it.

As an American, you should be offended by that legislation on principle alone.

[/QUOTE]

Did I not say it think it was an idiotic law? Did I say I supported it? No I do not support it. Now on the matter of the sentence in bold, that is not true. There is no law in AZ prior that made refusing service based on sexual orientation illegal. So before you call me a kid, old man, I would suggest you do your own homework Wink

In any case, this is something that should and hopefully be vetoed but seeing AZ's track record, I'm not so sure it will be. The reality is people are still old fashioned and it's not something that is gonna change overnight.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

Re: OT: Nuremberg Laws in AZ

[QUOTE]

In response to MileHighMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It is truly amazing that someone today can take ANY freedom and try to make it an absolute. FOr example, there is such thing as freedom of speech but there is also something called liable or slander. You also cannot scream FIRE in a crowded theater as a joke. You can take essentially ANY freedom and show that there is a limit to it.

ANd so it is with this issue. Descrimination is NOT OK. It is and should be against the law. You dont like it than perhaps you would like to burn the Bill of Rights...

It is amazing how many people cant think beyond the most simplistic of positions. EVERY SINGLE RIGHT has the capability of butting heads with someone else's rights of one sort or another. And so we have to be able to adjudicate, to weigh them against each other in a JUST and EQUITABLE fashion.

It is NOT OK for a hotel to refuse a room to someone because of their race - or their religion - or their gender, etc. If you really dont like that concept I can suggest several countries whose laws support blatant descrimination... you might find yourself more at home in that case.

[/QUOTE]

I think that the people who all responded to me above ar Millennials who generally aren't fond of reading books.

[/QUOTE]

I cant say whether the apes thumping their chests are young or old or both... but it is a clear case of a COMPLETE lack of understanding of what the Constitution and America is and was all about. Brainless and thoughtless and simply clueless.

[/QUOTE]

I think APats22 is in his early/mid 20s and something tells me the other two are as well. They come off very immature and lacking the ability to understand concepts here on a regular basis.

It;s fine to be younger and not know things, but to be so ignorant or not willing to learn, is very troublesome for that generation in particular.

Babe, as we know, is a mid 60 something right wing nutjob deluxe who probably lives in Arizona and is writing a thank you letter to his geeky, four-eyed right wing nutty Congressman/woman as we speak.

[/QUOTE]

Quick, better add that bio scoop to your notebook of BDC members. 

[/QUOTE]

Don't need a notebook, Bustchise. Got a mind like a steel trap with efficient recall. Your jealousy is delicious.

Say hey!  Why did you sign out and then post as Rico after this post?

Any particular reason or did you just have a hankering to chime in "1500 miles away" from NJ?

bawhaha

[/QUOTE]

More claims of a "photographic memory" Queenie?  Bwahahahahahahahahaha!  You've been bludgeoned on that topic so many times, it's just pathetic.  You can't even recall your posts from minutes earlier.  In your defense, when you post 80,000 times a year, that can't be easy.  But with claims of your photographic memory, it shouldn't be an issue for the leader of the free world, right Mr President?  Bwhahahahahahahahaha!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As for the moron photographer, Bustchise, he's a moron for refusing business as are states that do this sort of thing. It will eventually destroy potential for growing the economy in that state.

[/QUOTE]

You are okay with forcing someone to run their business your way? Are you insane? If they morally object, they have to do it anyway, because you consider it discrimination if they don't do it?  I say your discriminating against the photographers moral beliefs. Is there not another photographer that would take this job?  Of course there is.  So where is the loss of potential growth in the economy?

[/QUOTE]

Bustchise, nobody is fally for your little game. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MileHighMike. Show MileHighMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Quick, better add that bio scoop to your notebook of BDC members. 

[/QUOTE]

Don't need a notebook, Bustchise. Got a mind like a steel trap with efficient recall. Your jealousy is delicious.

Say hey!  Why did you sign out and then post as Rico after this post?

Any particular reason or did you just have a hankering to chime in "1500 miles away" from NJ?

bawhaha

[/QUOTE]

More claims of a "photographic memory" Queenie?  Bwahahahahahahahahaha!  You've been bludgeoned on that topic so many times, it's just pathetic.  You can't even recall your posts from minutes earlier.  In your defense, when you post 80,000 times a year, that can't be easy.  But with claims of your photographic memory, it shouldn't be an issue for the leader of the free world, right Mr President?  Bwhahahahahahahahaha!

[/QUOTE]

Your jealousy is a delight, Bustchise. I know I just bludgeoned you in my last response to your Rico character, and it went WAY over your head, but that can't change it.

Swift attempt now trying to save face by switching back to Mile Migh Dork in desperation to deflect.

lmao

[/QUOTE]

Jealousy of what, Queenie?  Your 80k posts a year?  Your claims of having a photographic memory?  You being an idiot and making a fool of yourself calling everyone Bustchise?  Deflect from what, Queenie?  You think using words like jealousy, deflect and bludgeoned somehow beings it to life?  Oh my.  you are just pathetic.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Jim Crow practices are now illegal under Federal Law; they have been since the Voting Rght Act Of 1965.

This repulsive activity coming out of the "Second Arizona Nationalist Reich Republic" is a slippery slope.

Next: left-handers, fans of the Rolling Stones, people who eat asparagus, people with BJ's discount cards, etc.  You see what kinds of things are then legally possible?

There's no place left for a Radical Right but to box itself into a corner and implode.  They will.  They've run out of fundamentalist idiocy.  

Iran will welcome the good folks of Arizona with open arms; I'm even sure the Iranians will sell them a piece of territory where they can even practice religious freedom without reprisals, as long as they pay an annual religious tax.  AND Iran is mostly a hot desert anyway.

WIN-WIN-WIN!!!

1. Arizonians get what they want.  2. iran gets a nic infusion of cash 3. The rest of the US is free of these loons and can take what used to be Arizona and set up an new economic development zone from scratch aka cheap real estate; highways and basic infrastructures already in place.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Oh, good lord another one of these threads.  Leave it to Rusty.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What? I'm not saying I support it or think it's right but it's true it's still their choice. That's why it's not illegal. It's absolutely idiotic and something that needs to change but it's still their choice. Did either of you 2 read what I said?

[/QUOTE]

Umm, they just CREATED a law to MAKE IT LEGAL, which means it was illegal before, kid.

You're doing what SoxRocks is doing which is not understanding what is going on here, but still forming a callous, flip flop position on it.

As an American, you should be offended by that legislation on principle alone.

[/QUOTE]

Did I not say it think it was an idiotic law? Did I say I supported it? No I do not support it. Now on the matter of the sentence in bold, that is not true. There is no law in AZ prior that made refusing service based on sexual orientation illegal. So before you call me a kid, old man, I would suggest you do your own homework Wink

In any case, this is something that should and hopefully be vetoed but seeing AZ's track record, I'm not so sure it will be. The reality is people are still old fashioned and it's not something that is gonna change overnight.

[/QUOTE]

You are so stupid. NOW THEY CAN REFUSE SERVICE without breaking the law, where before there was no law to protect the discrimination/fear of a lawsuit, where it would be seen as worthy of a lawsuit.

I am not that old either. I am just thrilled I am not an ignorant Millennial, because your generation absolutely sucks and is bordering on mildly retarrded at times.

[/QUOTE]

So besides your personal attacks, you are agreeing with me? Did I not say there was no law before that made it illegal to refuse service based on sex orientation? That quote shows that it was indeed legal but on the border of legal action. All this law does is add language that protects those who refuse for religious purposes. It essence it clarifies but it did not reverse a law that said that that practice was illegal.

You also must've missed my sarcasm. I figured the winky face would clarify that but you apparently missed it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So many comments and so much misinformation.

the state of Arizona is a great place to live as I did for 5 years if not for a transfer I'd probably be there.

the law is not about discrimination. It is about businesses being able to work with whom they want to work with. It was brought about not only by AZ but 11other states as well. It came about when a couple of business would not work with people based upon the businesses religious beliefs. One bakery where the owners did not believe in marriage of gays. They were asked to make a wedding cake for a gay couple and refused based upon their religion. They then got sued for millions under the current anti discrimination laws. 

The law is NOT about not serving just anyone and definitly not based upon the customers  race Religion, etc...it is about the business owners religion

why should any one have to go against their religious beliefs.

would you expect a kosher baker to use non kosher ingrediates just because you wanted him to bake your bread? would you sue him if he refused?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Never start a thread where you have no concept about which you are writing. 

You and many others have no concept of why the law and what it says.

all you know is the headlines of some web site.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+10000

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's what you call a shut down post... Lol. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

the state of Arizona is a great place to live as I did for 5 years if not for a transfer I'd probably be there.

the law is not about discrimination. It is about businesses being able to work with whom they want to work with. It was brought about not only by AZ but 11other states as well. It came about when a couple of business would not work with people based upon the businesses religious beliefs. One bakery where the owners did not believe in marriage of gays. They were asked to make a wedding cake for a gay couple and refused based upon their religion. They then got sued for millions under the current anti discrimination laws. 

The law is NOT about not serving just anyone and definitly not based upon the customers  race Religion, etc...it is about the business owners religion

would you expect a kosher baker to use non kosher ingrediates just because you wanted him to bake your bread? would you sue him if he refused?

[/QUOTE]

It is about discrimination.  Justify it all you want, it's no less discrimination than "whtes only" laws were. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are more inaccuracies in your post than I have time to document.

Thankfully, a retired school teacher from FL has an opinion that's worth the same as the guy who picked up my trash last week.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from AFNAV130. Show AFNAV130's posts

[QUOTE]

My god, what's next?  Businesses and establishments don't have to do business with another minority group?

It's disturbing and scary that there are states in this union, willing to go this far to throw religion and a sanctimonius right wing extremism, rivaling Hitler's Greatest Hits, with all of the problems that are out there.  Not to mention, how is that good for the economy in general, if you're isolating one pocket of society, refusing to do business with that section of society?  It's moronic.

They rush to get legislation like that through, as the taxpayers watch those morons waste everyone's time and resources on solving real problems?  It's scary that some in this country want to backwards as opposed to forwards.

Note to self:  Don't bother visiting Arizona for any reason.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/22/opinion/whitaker-arizona-law/

[/QUOTE]

I usually tend to stay away from comments such as this in sports forums. I am currently in AZ and you know what? I'm going to correct you now. Number one, that issue is basically an affirmation of a law that any business had. They can refuse to do business with whomever they choose. See, I'm a fan of capitalism. Say you open a Burger King in Kabul. The locals decide they don't like it either. It closes. Period. If they do like it it stays open. Let the people decide if they will frequent an establishment that has policies they disagree with. The LBGT community has zero respect (at least their mouthpieces) for anyone who had a contrary belief.  Which last I checked, was a natural right.  Plenty of businesses have been closed because some LBGT person got all upset over someones personal belief. My argument to them always is, well if everyone lived like you did, and there was no medicine (artificial insemsinatin) there would be no humankind. No reproduction. For a group that on it's own has zero to do with advancing the human race they sure cause a big ruckus. Look. If I owned a business, I don't care who I serve or do business with. I do however, have the innate ability to see things the ways others may.

As as for coming to AZ? Don't. This is just reaffirming that businesses can do that. As far as Hitlers greatest hits? Hmmm. Let's see. IRS scandal, PRISM, ObamaCare, Common Core. I can go on and on. That's doesn't come from the so called "right" either. Go on the DU forum, I'm sure you'd fit in well there.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to soxrockursox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+10000

[/QUOTE]

Oh my god, folks.^^  Take a look at this.

We have an older white male with Jim Florida (another CRAPPY nutjob state) babbling about me not knowing what a law means with a kid who didn't go to college agreeing, after promoting discrimination in his little Millennial head of his.

My god.

Remove all right wing nut jobs and dumb Millennials from all voting booths. lmao

[/QUOTE]

Wow insults thats all you got?

I for one like to think for myself and not be told to What to belive.

Iam not promoting nothing said I dont condone it but it up to the owners of a bussiness to decide what direction they want to go in that I can respect.If it hurts thier bussiness and they close so be it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Oh, good lord another one of these threads.  Leave it to Rusty.

LOw IQ.^^^

[/QUOTE]

You are a tool!  No place for this discussion on this forum, imo.  You want to move it over in the political forum then I don't mind giving you a piece of mind on it.  But your agenda driven BS has no place here.  We put up with enough of it here concerning the Patriots and football, but this thread doesn't belong here.

It is clear that you have many opinions on many matters, but you are just a keyboard warrior on a football forum.  Instead of pushing your political agenda's on an Patriots football forum , go and do something about it.  Makes me sick of people who complain, talk about their opinion, try pushing it on others and that's as far as they go with it.  If you want to be a tough guy then get active in fighting it the proper way this instead of posting it here where it does nothing except provide a soap box for you.

It's like the cluster F&#k of a thread the Boston Bombing thread was on here.  You are really starting to sound like a couple of posters who posted in there pushing their government and political hate.  Red flags about you are showing up more and more every day with you.

BTW, Jim just shut you down!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts