OT: Nuremberg Laws in AZ

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: OT: Nuremberg Laws in AZ

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

I think some here erroneously think gay marriage is universally accepted and the US is dragging their feet. It isn't.

Nobody thinks that.  Last time I checked you don't get a prize for being stupid just because everyone else is too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

It is about forcing the religious person to directly act against their long established beliefs, not about their simply disapproving of the parties that wish their services.

So where exactly in the scripture does it prohibit someone from selling goods to gay people?

I think you can sell them a cake right after you stone them to death. 

If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

That same book also says your wife has to sleep outdoors during her 'unclean' time. Let me know how that goes over. When you adhere to ALL the rules in Leviticus let me know. Otherwise you're just picking and choosing what you want.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

One hopes that in America people can't be refused service or refused a job simply because of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.  There are plenty of fundamentalist Muslims who may not want to serve or hire women, for instance, for very sincere religious reasons. 

Your straw man is apples and oranges.

Hiring a person is not nearly the same thing as being directly involved in the wedding ceremony itself.

Do you also feel an Islamic photographer must work a Christian wedding if they feel it is wrong for them based on their religious beliefs?

Yes, but the question is absurd because the whole law exists only to make it easier to discriminate against gays.  Only fools and liars can't see the true intent of the bill. 

Wrong, you liar and fool.

The law exists to allow persons to not be forced to directly act in an event that goes against their religious beliefs.

No, it exists only because a bunch of conservatives don't like gay rights and are looking for a way to attack gay rights under the guise of being pro religion. 

That's quite a claim. Prove it ho.

It's pretty obvious to anyone whose head isn't up his arze.

Never was an issue til some wingnut decided he didn't want to serve gays.

Proof enough for anyone with a brain.

Oh just stop your goofy ho talk.

Most of the world doesn't adhere to your silly Canadian world view.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

One hopes that in America people can't be refused service or refused a job simply because of their race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, etc.  There are plenty of fundamentalist Muslims who may not want to serve or hire women, for instance, for very sincere religious reasons. 

Hiring a person is not nearly the same thing as being directly involved in the wedding ceremony itself.

Do you also feel an Islamic photographer must work a Christian wedding if they feel it is wrong for them based on their religious beliefs?

Idiot excuse #2

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Matt 19:9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

The direct words from Christ Himself. Game. Set. Match.

No it means the Bible contradicts itself.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Yes, but the question is absurd because the whole law exists only to make it easier to discriminate against gays.  Only fools and liars can't see the true intent of the bill. 

Wrong, you liar and fool.

The law exists to allow persons to not be forced to directly act in an event that goes against their religious beliefs.

No, it exists only because a bunch of conservatives don't like gay rights and are looking for a way to attack gay rights under the guise of being pro religion. 

That's quite a claim. Prove it ho.

It's pretty obvious to anyone whose head isn't up his arze.

Never was an issue til some wingnut decided he didn't want to serve gays.

Proof enough for anyone with a brain.

Oh just stop your goofy ho talk.

Most of the world doesn't adhere to your silly Canadian world view.

Nobody adhere's to your 'Babe king of the world' view. You're a great example of why religion should never be used as a basis for civil law.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Matt 19:9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

Which means it's worthless as a basis for civil law.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Perfect. Both the imbeciles Rusty and glenr are on the dark side of this issue. I wouldn't have it any other way. They clearly have a vested interest.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from the-redsox-rule. Show the-redsox-rule's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to soxrockursox's comment:

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to APpats22's comment:

I dont condone this but its america where you should have the right to do what you want with your own bussniness.We have the right to not shop at a store where we dont like so why not the same for a bussiness.Its about freedom and it goes both ways with this law if a black owner doesnt want to do bussiness with a white customer so be it they lose you as a customer.

That really is the sad truth. As horrible as it is. Also shows what idiotic business minds they have. Why limit such growth and revenue?

IDK but its thier choice  limit bussness maybe be boycotted .

You think refusing to sell someone a bottle of water or sell them gas for their car is "their choice" as a business owner?

Do you drink moron juice everyday or just today?

Did you read the first part of what I said?I said dont condone it but this is America freedom of choice even if you dont like or belive in someones choice.

But, you're accepting of it by saying "it's their choice".  No, it's not their "choice". It's called discrimination and this country already embarrassed itself for too long in doing things like that in decades past.

Now you want to accept that as an American citizen?   What is the matter with you?  I'd rather you just admit to being a bigot and move on.

My favorite hypocrites on this topic are the black bible thumpers who moronically don't see what hypocrites they are running to church every Sunday and "praying" for gays, while accepting discriminatory laws like this. lmao

Unreal. Their parents, grandparents, etc, were lynched, murdered, enslaved or discriminated against yet think somehow this is different. lmao

The Republican Party has been corrupted by right wing extremists who have low IQs, are hypocrites and obviously have an unhealthy infatuation with Christianity and all its contradictions.

It's just so creepy that in 2014 people think about that enough to the point they literally draw up legislation, vote on it, pass it for enacting it into law. 

The only difference between the Nuremberg Laws  of the 1930s in Germany, for example, and this, is that the decision was made by a dictator and it wasn't voted on by government representatives of the people.

THAT is the only difference. Conceptually, it's the same flippin' thing.

exactly right rusty. its changed over the past ten years or so and become almost  cult like. its full of paranoid stupid rednecks who think the governments only agenda is to take their guns. i didnt believe this story when i first saw it. only in a place like arizona can that redneck racist sheriff joe pull the crap he does.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Scripture certainly connotes that helping homosexual persons to be married is wrong.

Nobody is saying you should be allowed to not sell them a can of soda.

Have you read the actual law?  It is pretty vague.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone tried to apply it so they didn't have to sell soda to gays.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Wrong. As usual your ilk takes Scripture out of context.

Paul is specifically talking about married persons who have separated there. He is saying persons cannot get divorced merely because they have separated. He is not contradicting Christ's words on the matter. Game. Set. Match.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Scripture certainly connotes that helping homosexual persons to be married is wrong.

Have you read the actual law?  It is pretty vague.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if someone tried to apply it so they didn't have to sell soda to gays.

I believe the burden of proof is upon the person refusing service. That is not as easy as you think it is.

Read up on how easy it was to get contentious objector status in the military. The burden of proof for the applicant was immense.

I would absolutely agree that circumstances beyond actually participating in some clear form of sanctioning such behavior should not be covered by such a law.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It means much more. Basically you can ignore anything from work safety to child labor laws if you claim they are against your religion. It places religion completely above civil law.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Babe is a great example of why religious people need to be kept out of government. Self serving, hypocritical twerp who thinks his religion means he's better than everyone else and gives him the right to tell others how to olive their lives.

Christian bigot fanatics like Babe are the biggest danger to the democracy the country faces.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

So many comments and so much misinformation.

the state of Arizona is a great place to live as I did for 5 years if not for a transfer I'd probably be there.

the law is not about discrimination. It is about businesses being able to work with whom they want to work with. It was brought about not only by AZ but 11other states as well. It came about when a couple of business would not work with people based upon the businesses religious beliefs. One bakery where the owners did not believe in marriage of gays. They were asked to make a wedding cake for a gay couple and refused based upon their religion. They then got sued for millions under the current anti discrimination laws. 

The law is NOT about not serving just anyone and definitly not based upon the customers  race Religion, etc...it is about the business owners religion

why should any one have to go against their religious beliefs.

would you expect a kosher baker to use non kosher ingrediates just because you wanted him to bake your bread? would you sue him if he refused?

"The law is not about discrimination"... Right! It is ONLY about discrimination. Amazing how you contort to make yourself sound reasonable.

And your equating a baker deciding on ingredients to being able to close every restroom, hotel, gas station etc to any group of people because they are not liked. Are you really that incapable of thought even the tiniest bit deeper than a very young child?

Your view of the world was sent packing by the civilized world. Granted there are still folks like you hanging on. But every year your bigoted views lose a little more of what little you have left.

If you feel out of place I suggest a few countries in the Middle East. Or perhaps Russia. You would feel right at home and fit right in.

You do not read well and are much worse at comprehension. Just keep on telling people that may not agree with you to leave. I posed a question and you go on a rant about me and not the issue. BTW you have no idea of my beliefs on this issue. Just because a statement is made about a law and the person making it can understand the reasoning behind the law does not necessarily mean he believes in the law.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

the state of Arizona is a great place to live as I did for 5 years if not for a transfer I'd probably be there.

the law is not about discrimination. It is about businesses being able to work with whom they want to work with. It was brought about not only by AZ but 11other states as well. It came about when a couple of business would not work with people based upon the businesses religious beliefs. One bakery where the owners did not believe in marriage of gays. They were asked to make a wedding cake for a gay couple and refused based upon their religion. They then got sued for millions under the current anti discrimination laws. 

The law is NOT about not serving just anyone and definitly not based upon the customers  race Religion, etc...it is about the business owners religion

would you expect a kosher baker to use non kosher ingrediates just because you wanted him to bake your bread? would you sue him if he refused?

"The law is not about discrimination"... Right! It is ONLY about discrimination. Amazing how you contort to make yourself sound reasonable.

And your equating a baker deciding on ingredients to being able to close every restroom, hotel, gas station etc to any group of people because they are not liked. Are you really that incapable of thought even the tiniest bit deeper than a very young child?

Your view of the world was sent packing by the civilized world. Granted there are still folks like you hanging on. But every year your bigoted views lose a little more of what little you have left.

If you feel out of place I suggest a few countries in the Middle East. Or perhaps Russia. You would feel right at home and fit right in.

You do not read well and are much worse at comprehension. Just keep on telling people that may not agree with you to leave. I posed a question and you go on a rant about me and not the issue. BTW you have no idea of my beliefs on this issue. Just because a statement is made about a law and the person making it can understand the reasoning behind the law does not necessarily mean he believes in the law.

Jim - the proposed law is ONLY about being able to discriminate. It has no other purose. It may use language that sounds less heinous but it asserts the sort of Jim Crow laws that are immoral from any perspective.

Compehension requires one to do more than simple scrath the surface Jim. Comprehension delivers the realization that the act of someone being able to decide who to buy goods from is NOT the equivalent of someone being able to refuse to sell goods to someone because of race or religion etc.

It is interesting how much effort and thought are going in to how to legalize descrimination. It says everything about the person who wraps their life up in such immoral efforts. I am not saying that is you... but it is also interesting that you feel at the least compelled to defend bigotry.

The Constitution says these truths are self evident... that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. If they.. or you... do not like that you are free to leave.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

So I asked two questions and neither have been answered by anyone except to rant about discrimination. Also about being able to discriminate against blacks or other crazy discrimating thoughts.

the law is about one not trampling on the religious rights of another.

just like Obamacare is making religious orders carry birth control for their workers. The gov't is trampling upon the religous rights of some groups and that is wrong.

So two questions both yes or no

does a baker who is Christian and believes that gay marriage is wrong be made to bake a cake for a gay couple?

does a Jewish kosher baker have to bake a cake for anyone if the cake required needs un kosher ingredients? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Jim - the proposed law is ONLY about being able to discriminate. It has no other purose. It may use language that sounds less heinous but it asserts the sort of Jim Crow laws that are immoral from any perspective.

Compehension requires one to do more than simple scrath the surface Jim. Comprehension delivers the realization that the act of someone being able to decide who to buy goods from is NOT the equivalent of someone being able to refuse to sell goods to someone because of race or religion etc.

It is interesting how much effort and thought are going in to how to legalize descrimination. It says everything about the person who wraps their life up in such immoral efforts. I am not saying that is you... but it is also interesting that you feel at the least compelled to defend bigotry.

The Constitution says these truths are self evident... that ALL MEN ARE CREATED EQUAL. If they.. or you... do not like that you are free to leave.

So based upon your belief any company must sell whatever they make to anyone who walks in the door?

yes or no

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Pro lives in Canada. He left the country of his birth and like most Canadians, sits up there pontificating about how we should be just like those 33 million hosers. LMAO.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Jim - the proposed law is ONLY about being able to discriminate. It has no other purose.

Of course it has a purpose. Take off your ho glasses for a few seconds and you might see it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So I asked two questions and neither have been answered by anyone except to rant about discrimination. Also about being able to discriminate against blacks or other crazy discrimating thoughts.

just like Obamacare is making religious orders carry birth control for their workers. The gov't is trampling upon the religous rights of some groups and that is wrong.

does a baker who is Christian and believes that gay marriage is wrong be made to bake a cake for a gay couple?

does a Jewish kosher baker have to bake a cake for anyone if the cake required needs un kosher ingredients? 

yes.

no.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Paul is specifically talking about married persons who have separated there. He is saying persons cannot get divorced merely because they have separated. He is not contradicting Christ's words on the matter. Game. Set. Match.

Even if I were to concede that the passage you quoted was the "correct" one (and I'm not conceding that) it is certainly not true that every divorce in this country is the result of "sexual immorality" (which is the only reason the divorce would be okay according to the Book of Matthew.  I have never heard of a wedding photographer refusing service to a previously divorced couple (regardless of the reason for their divorce) because of religious objections.  It is patently obvious that the motivation for this law is entirely driven by not wanting to provide services to gays which was the point of my original post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

yes.

no.

Why different answers they are both based upon religious beliefs. So one religion's beliefs iare more important than another.?.??

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Even if I were to concede that the passage you quoted was the "correct" one (and I'm not conceding that) it is certainly not true that every divorce in this country is the result of "sexual immorality" (which is the only reason the divorce would be okay according to the Book of Matthew.  I have never heard of a wedding photographer refusing service to a previously divorced couple (regardless of the reason for their divorce) because of religious objections.  It is patently obvious that the motivation for this law is entirely driven by not wanting to provide services to gays which was the point of my original post.

Both passages are "correct". Each is speaking to different aspects of the situation and are compatible with one another.

I would agree that if the divorce was not done according to the provisions allowed by Scripture a Christian should not participate. But then the right is theirs to apply or not apply their beliefs. That's the whole point of their right. The individual gets the choice, right or wrong.

Sections
Shortcuts