OT - Prophesy.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from endofdayshogwash. Show endofdayshogwash's posts

Re: OT - Prophesy.

It couldn't possibly be that those who are so adamant about the imminent arrival of the END TIMES might be suffereing from deep depression and simply not have the guts or mental capacity to fight through it or simply, ah, end their own time on earth...thereby projecting their own wish to end life onto others as well? Not at all a possibility? Lost hope that life will turn out the way they invisioned so, heck, let's just end it all?

Think about it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I must destroy this hogwash lest an unwary reader believe the disheveled rantings of a fool.

In response to endofdayshogwash's comment:

*Jesus mistakenly tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime. Matthew 23:36 & 24:34

Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.  (Matthew 23:36 NAB)

This refers to the Pharisees (and other false teachers of their ilk) and has nothing to do with when Christ will return. Are you just dumb?

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.  And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.  "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near.  In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates.  Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.  (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB)

This sort of nonsense from clowns like you that do internet searches to find some juvenile Scripture criticism on some goofy atheist site has been debunked a million times.

Christ directly responds to the point he just made about the fig tree and that is the generation He refers to. To inform an ignoramus like you; that means "Israel".

OBVIOUSLY He is not referring to the generation of those He is speaking to because in the same chapter He says, "And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come.". Clearly that was an impossibility within the lifetime that anybody He was talking to could have expected.

*Jesus falsely prophesies DIRECTLY to the high priest (Caiphas) that he would live to see his second coming.  Jesus uses the term “coming on the clouds of heaven”.  This clearly negates the “coming” as the resurrection but as a return to the earth on CLOUDS, not his return in human form from the dead.  Matthew 26:64 & Mark 14:62.

"But I tell you: From now on you will see 'the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power' and 'coming on the clouds of heaven.'"  (Matthew 26:64 NAB)

Then Jesus answered, "I am; and 'you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.'"  (Mark 14:62 NAB)\

This has nothing to do with the Second Coming. It refers to the fact all will kneel before Him at the White Throne Judgement. Obviously He isn't going to be sitting at the right hand of the Father, on Earth.

*YET AGAIN, Jesus claims those standing RIGHT BEFORE HIM shall see the Armageddon.  Matthew 16:28 “There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”  Don’t let Christians lie to you and claim Jesus was referring to his modern day believers.  The words “some standing HERE will not taste death” clearly refutes such nonsense.  Obviously the people he was speaking to died, and curiously Jesus STILL isn’t here to claim his kingdom.

And there were some (3) who did see Him "Transfigured". Check the start of the very next chapter.

*Jesus falsely prophesies that the end of the world will come within his listeners’ lifetimes. 

Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.  (Mark 13:30-31 NAB)

^ This is a parallel the the Matt 24 error of yours I have already destroyed. If you're going to search some cheesy internet sites, at least put the parallel things together.

He also said to them, "Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come in power."  (Mark 9:1 NAB)

Another mindless repeat from you. This is the same as your reference to Matt 16. And in this one the "Transfiguration" is stated in the very next verse.

Jesus falsely predicts that some of his listeners would live to see him return and establish the kingdom of God.

"Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:27 NAB)

AGAIN, this immediately precedes the "Transfiguration". Duh.

Jesus implies that he will return to earth during the lifetime of John. (John 21:22)

He didn't imply anything.

*Jesus says that all that he describes (his return, signs in the sun, moon, wars, stars, etc.) will occur within the lifetime of his listeners.  He purposely defines their generation and NOT a future one.  Considering that NONE of those signs took place during the resurrection and that he uses the term of “Heaven and earth shall pass away”, Clearly Jesus is prophesizing that nearly 2,000 years ago Armageddon SHOULD have occurred.  Luke 21:25-33

"There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on earth nations will be in dismay, perplexed by the roaring of the sea and the waves.  People will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.  And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.  But when these signs begin to happen, stand e rect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand."  He taught them a lesson. "Consider the fig tree and all the other trees.  When their buds burst open, you see for yourselves and know that summer is now near; in the same way, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.  Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.  (Luke 21:25-33 NAB)

Another parallel to Matt 24 and Mark 13 that I already have refuted.

[Note:  Matthew 10:23 also has Jesus telling his disciples that the second coming will occur before the disciples finish preaching in Israel:  "When they persecute you in one town, flee to another. Amen, I say to you, you will not finish the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes."  (Matthew 10:23 NAB)]

This is not referring to the Second Coming at all. Christ simply states He will be back with them before they preach throughout Israel. He is with them a long time after this journey that they complete.

Now, stick that forked tongue back in your mouth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Oh hear all yee of incorrect faith, the END DAYS are not yet near!

[/QUOTE]

LOL, dude what bible are you reading?

[/QUOTE]

That guy is a super-dope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Forget about scripture, the actuaries have it all figured out . . . 

http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/STATS/table4c6.html

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

[QUOTE]

It couldn't possibly be that those who are so adamant about the imminent arrival of the END TIMES might be suffereing from deep depression and simply not have the guts or mental capacity to fight through it or simply, ah, end their own time on earth...thereby projecting their own wish to end life onto others as well? Not at all a possibility? Lost hope that life will turn out the way they invisioned so, heck, let's just end it all?

Think about it!

[/QUOTE]

If there are people out there that feel this way that is very sad. Thankfully that doesn't describe anyone I know. While it's very true that much of my life hasn't turned out like I had planned, it has also taken me in unexpected directions I may not otherwise have traveled to places I might not otherwise have gone. So many wonderful places and experiences. Although it may not always be what I have wanted, I can't say that I would trade my life with anyone elses.

In short... while you're alive - live.

Or as the Old Man used to say, "Run while you can, kid, run while you can."

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Most people probably have less than 10 years.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

haha ... yeah, that's what i still can't figure out, that the Insurance Corps, bet you that your not going to die and your'e betting them that you are?  Those Salesman are worse than the moonbats who try to convince you that my religion is better than no religion or better than yours. The fact that there are hundreds of so-called Christian religions tells anyone with an ounce of brains that something is wrong here, they can't get thier act together, they look foolish in doing so but that is Religion, by man, and that was foretold and warned about by Jesus Himself. And no, Jesus was not selling anything, no premiums either. It's free, do as you want! Take the free Gift Ehp 2:8-9, He offers a choice to all.

As far as the above thread ...

" They Shall not taste death, till they see the Son of man. The reference is not to his final coming to judge the world, but to his spiritual coming to establish his kingdom. This was fulfilled on the day of Pentecost, when He appeared to them in the upper chamber.  His kingdom came with power to those still living, on the day of Pentecost. Jesus Issued that power to His Disciples - He came to them still living, on that day. He gave them similar power to perform Miracles, speak in different languages, heal the sick and so on, See now? How much power does one need to see The True Messiah coming in the flesh after His own miracles, life, death, resurrection and apperances were witnessed by Thousands of people, most were unbelieving Jews and Arab spectators alike.

There was a reason that Thomas was not there that day, but He appeared a second time to them to show Thomas, the doubter!

This is totally different from the Transfiguration, in which, that event was meant for the few Disciples who were there to witness it, Christ in Spirit with Moses and Elijah, that is thier word against the Worlds whom may not believe that event happened, but that makes no difference at all because that event was only for the Them.

Billions of Muslims also believe in His Miracles, death, resurrection and Ascension, they seen it all! The Muslims put Jesus right below thier main prophet Mohammed. They just don't believe that He is the Son of God (Allah), that's about it. It's when someone puts Jesus above Mohammed that is dangerous. But the rest of it is another story as to why even they wait for His second coming, in which they believe will happen ... full stop on that for now.

These many Christian sects are far worse. Jesus is not about religion at all, man, made up Religion. Jesus came to fulfill not change anything. He did not change the Sabbath (Saturday) but He did say to them, " meet on the first day of the week, in rememberance" Sunday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

As for Babe Parilli, I can't take the Rabbi seriously because he is not mentioned in Scripture. But, the Jewish people have the Talmuds that are written by Historical Rabbis. That Rabbis story, may be something that the other Rabbis may deem suitable for insertion into the Jerusalem Talmud, the Babylonian Talmud is the other. 

There is a reason why the Bible is only 2 inches thick. Paul tells us that if God where to describe everything in minute detail about Creation then the whole World could'nt hold the volumes of information. But, it is all there from Genesis Ch.1. Where The Son, God in the likeness of human flesh will come when the woman uses Her foot to bash the head of the snake as Her footstool. Jesus defeated evil but humans have a free will, without a free will, one can't be judged. No, a crawling a snake didn't talk to Eve, that's something else. Where did Cain get his wife and other questions easily explained, I get those types of questions all the time. My favorite times are speaking with Rabbis, all of whom -as a Messianic Jew - I respect.

If Columbus had read the Bible then he would've known that the World was round, the ancients built the pyramids exactly lined up with the North star, natures physical compass. The birds fly by magnetics, and line of sight, the Sun, that's how they know where they're going. On and on ......

Here is something that is facinating, these Miracles are noted in Scripture.

http://www.windowview.org/hmny/pgs/talmuds.30ce.html

They describe the 'Miracles' that the Jews write about in the Talmids. miracles that the Jews themselves are Scriptually concerned about, Miracle of the 'LOT', Miracle of the 'Red Strip', Miracle of the 'Temple Doors' The Miracle of the 'Temple Menorah'. All these are noted in actual Hebrew Scripture, not by just naysayers, I had a dream and so on. The Rabbis dream is not a part of Hebrew Scripture but interesting all by itself.

I think you will find those interesting in that the odds of them happening are astronomically impossible. Enjoy them! Those Miracles are concerned with his second coming, or in Jewish parlance the first Coming of the Messiach. Of course let us not forget that Jesus scores a Touchdown on the Mount before He enters by the Eastern gate, cloth strip changes color, Lamps stay lit etc. That is what that is about!
    Enjoy them!

Lastly, there is a piece in Revelation where it describes the Last Temple to be built. It says that it's entirely Ok to omit the 'inner court' (which is huge) while keeping the outer Court and the 'Holy of Holies'. So there is no need for any existing Temple to be destroyed. There is now plenty of room on the Temple Mount now for that to happen. Will that be part of the deal for security when the Israelis make that final "peace for security pact? remains to be seen.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to palookaski's comment:
    [QUOTE]

As for Babe Parilli, I can't take the Rabbi seriously because he is not mentioned in Scripture. But, the Jewish people have the Talmuds that are written by Historical Rabbis. That Rabbis story, may be something that the other Rabbis may deem suitable for insertion into the Jerusalem Talmud, the Babylonian Talmud is the other. 

[/QUOTE]

The Talmud is a book of traditions pushed by Rabbinic Judaism whom are the direct successors of the Pharisees whom Christ opposed vehemently.

As far as the rabbi in question, I only acknowledge him because his prophesy appears to parallel Scripture. Of itself, it is worthless.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Lastly, there is a piece in Revelation where it describes the Last Temple to be built. It says that it's entirely Ok to omit the 'inner court' (which is huge) while keeping the outer Court and the 'Holy of Holies'. So there is no need for any existing Temple to be destroyed. There is now plenty of room on the Temple Mount now for that to happen. Will that be part of the deal for security when the Israelis make that final "peace for security pact? remains to be seen.

[/QUOTE]

I question whether God will allow The Dome of the Rock to remain standing next to His Temple. But then He may allow this as he is going to allow the abomination of desolation in it. In the end His will shall be done and all perdition will cease, so I guess it matters not what fleeting blasphemies exist.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

My favorite times are speaking with Rabbis, all of whom -as a Messianic Jew - I respect.

[/QUOTE]

This is a joyous condition for you. Yet while respecting the knowledge of the rabbis, one would be remiss to count it comparable to Scripture.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have been knee deep in religions from christianity to Islam, to Buddishm. They are all the same with diff. names and faces all over the world.  Just deal in facts and you will never be led astray.

[/QUOTE]

The Hebrew/Christian Scriptures are vastly superior compared to any other religious writings from a number of perspectives. Those you mention are far from the same.

[/QUOTE]

You obviously never read the Upanashids? Most Christians totally misunderstand the bible simply due to taking everything LITERALLY when much of it is Symbolic,metaphor and analogies-And to believe the Bible was written by a God that watches over people and prescribes to have a favorite race?  I understand some need to believe in a place called heaven and hell but to throw out all rationalism? Obvioiusly there's a Supreme Intelligence and it sure cannot be seperate from life itself? I still am trying to understand how this Noah guy fit 2 of each animal onto his ark? And how he fed them all not to mention the fighting and defication for 40 days-wow!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mikzor's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I have been knee deep in religions from christianity to Islam, to Buddishm. They are all the same with diff. names and faces all over the world.  Just deal in facts and you will never be led astray.

[/QUOTE]

The Hebrew/Christian Scriptures are vastly superior compared to any other religious writings from a number of perspectives. Those you mention are far from the same.

[/QUOTE]

The fact that they were written by a people of bondage instead of the leaders of a people makes them feel different, but the general ideas (virgin birth, resurrection) can be found as early as the earliest of Egyptian theology, with Horus playing the role of Jesus. From Roman augers to Greek Oracles, the center of most religions was driven by who had control of the masses. The Jewish/Christian faith was born from those who had nothing, thus the fact that a messiah (forming a change of control from the powerful to the powerless) was needed to help them reach their potential. This is a huge difference from any other theology, and was born from the facts of their lot in life (bondage).

Not intended to make you disbelieve brother, just something wider to look into.

[/QUOTE]

I've looked quite widely. I conducted an in-depth study of all major religions and mythologies years ago. I was perhaps an agnostic in those days.

The characteristics of Horus changed significantly over time. It is error to claim the Jewish Messiah was concocted from his myth. That is a simplistic view usually gleaned from internet atheist sites.

It is in the area of prophetic history and science that Judeo-Cristian writings are the most compelling from a intellectual point of view.

What you're saying is referred to as parallelomania.

[/QUOTE]

You must have skipped the classes on Taoism, Buddhism, Hindu, Zen, Shamanism, Sufi mytics, Greek mytholgy,etc?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mikzor's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    The Jewish/Christian faith was born from those who had nothing, thus the fact that a messiah (forming a change of control from the powerful to the powerless) was needed to help them reach their potential.
    [/QUOTE]

Actually the Pentateuch (first five books) were written by Moses (although their is some disagreement over the possibility that they may have been finished by Joshua) after their slavery ended.  The only books written during slavery were some of the prophetic books, but by that time, prophecies of the messiah were already foretold.

[/QUOTE]

The whole Bible (excluding Pauls Epistles when he dealt with "Gentiles") are Jewish-most Christians miss this very important point?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to trouts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Any prophecies relating to the 2014 NFL Draft, other than BB will unload high picks in order to accumulate a bunch of lower ones?

[/QUOTE]

The Blood Moon Tetrad which begins April 15th may have profound effect on the NFL draft.

The last one was in 1967-68 and before that 1949-50. There had not been one for some 500 years previously and there will not be another in this century. Those years would coincide with Israel gaining control of Jerusalem and becoming a nation respectively.

Rev 6:12 "I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood;"

[/QUOTE]

I too believe unto the Lord the things the Lord hath sayeth..."And upon these waters are the stillness of the end times...and upon these times ride the waves of ingratitude and derision heaped upon us all out of great wickedness and tomfoolery and the ravings of the mad...and their name was the same as the Babes of the world...and unto their diapers were the products of crapola, from mouths of fools they are rendered"...thus speaketh the Lord...

AMEN...

The End days are upon us brothers...REPENT!!!

[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness I was beginning to think God couldnt see and was blind--now clean this mess up!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

[/QUOTE]

Ecclesiastes 10:2  A wise man’s heart inclines him to the right, but a fool’s heart to the left.

[/QUOTE]

Pats Defensive players need to move to the right AND left more often! Over 500 yards given up in the AFC game-all you Christians need to get God on the Pats side from here out!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh hear all yee of incorrect faith, the END DAYS are not yet near!

Your false prophets are merely the rustling of the fallen leaves within the walls of your feeble and simple minds....the words of the disciples proves this as you will read...if you truly CANNNNNNN -

*Jesus mistakenly tells his followers that he will return and establish his kingdom within their lifetime. Matthew 23:36 & 24:34

Amen, I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.  (Matthew 23:36 NAB)

"Immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun will be darkened, and the moon will not give its light, and the stars will fall from the sky, and the powers of the heavens will be shaken.  And then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming upon the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  And he will send out his angels with a trumpet blast, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other.  "Learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branch becomes tender and sprouts leaves, you know that summer is near.  In the same way, when you see all these things, know that he is near, at the gates.  Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.  (Matthew 24:29-35 NAB)

*Jesus falsely prophesies DIRECTLY to the high priest (Caiphas) that he would live to see his second coming.  Jesus uses the term “coming on the clouds of heaven”.  This clearly negates the “coming” as the resurrection but as a return to the earth on CLOUDS, not his return in human form from the dead.  Matthew 26:64 & Mark 14:62.

"But I tell you: From now on you will see 'the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power' and 'coming on the clouds of heaven.'"  (Matthew 26:64 NAB)

Then Jesus answered, "I am; and 'you will see the Son of Man seated at the right hand of the Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.'"  (Mark 14:62 NAB)

*YET AGAIN, Jesus claims those standing RIGHT BEFORE HIM shall see the Armageddon.  Matthew 16:28 “There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”  Don’t let Christians lie to you and claim Jesus was referring to his modern day believers.  The words “some standing HERE will not taste death” clearly refutes such nonsense.  Obviously the people he was speaking to died, and curiously Jesus STILL isn’t here to claim his kingdom.

*Jesus falsely prophesies that the end of the world will come within his listeners’ lifetimes. 

Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place. Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.  (Mark 13:30-31 NAB)

He also said to them, "Amen, I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see that the kingdom of God has come in power."  (Mark 9:1 NAB)

Jesus falsely predicts that some of his listeners would live to see him return and establish the kingdom of God.

"Truly I say to you, there are some standing here who will not taste death until they see the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:27 NAB)

Jesus implies that he will return to earth during the lifetime of John. (John 21:22)

*Jesus says that all that he describes (his return, signs in the sun, moon, wars, stars, etc.) will occur within the lifetime of his listeners.  He purposely defines their generation and NOT a future one.  Considering that NONE of those signs took place during the resurrection and that he uses the term of “Heaven and earth shall pass away”, Clearly Jesus is prophesizing that nearly 2,000 years ago Armageddon SHOULD have occurred.  Luke 21:25-33

"There will be signs in the sun, the moon, and the stars, and on earth nations will be in dismay, perplexed by the roaring of the sea and the waves.  People will die of fright in anticipation of what is coming upon the world, for the powers of the heavens will be shaken.  And then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.  But when these signs begin to happen, stand e rect and raise your heads because your redemption is at hand."  He taught them a lesson. "Consider the fig tree and all the other trees.  When their buds burst open, you see for yourselves and know that summer is now near; in the same way, when you see these things happening, know that the kingdom of God is near.  Amen, I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things have taken place.  Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.  (Luke 21:25-33 NAB)

[Note:  Matthew 10:23 also has Jesus telling his disciples that the second coming will occur before the disciples finish preaching in Israel:  "When they persecute you in one town, flee to another. Amen, I say to you, you will not finish the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes."  (Matthew 10:23 NAB)]

Heed these blessed words OH FALSE ONES...YOUR WAY HAS BEEN SEEN BEFORE!!!

Bible Quote for February 15

Dead Babies, False Prophets  

I have cried until the tears no longer come.  My heart is broken, my spirit poured out, as I see what has happened to my people.  Little children and tiny babies are fainting and dying in the streets.  "Mama, we want food," they cry, and then collapse in their mothers' arms. Their lives ebb away like the life of a warrior wounded in battle.  In all the world has there ever been such sorrow?  O daughter of Jerusalem, to what can I compare your anguish? O virgin daughter of Zion, how can I comfort you? For your wound is as deep as the sea. Who can heal you?  Your "prophets" have said so many foolish things, false to the core. They did not try to hold you back from exile by pointing out your sins.  Instead, they painted false pictures, filling you with false hope.    (Lamentations 2:11-14 NLT)

[/QUOTE]

And the Lord said I shall create Tom Brady and he will deliver the Pats to the Superbowl not only once but 5 times for my people from Mass have suffered long enough and I will show compassion and they will know I an Lord for Brady will slide to the 6th round yet go down as my favorite football QB--Hear me I am your Lord whom speaks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You obviously never read the Upanashids? Most Christians totally misunderstand the bible simply due to taking everything LITERALLY when much of it is Symbolic,metaphor and analogies-And to believe the Bible was written by a God that watches over people and prescribes to have a favorite race?  I understand some need to believe in a place called heaven and hell but to throw out all rationalism? Obvioiusly there's a Supreme Intelligence and it sure cannot be seperate from life itself? I still am trying to understand how this Noah guy fit 2 of each animal onto his ark? And how he fed them all not to mention the fighting and defication for 40 days-wow!!

[/QUOTE]

Obviously the Bible has occasions where symbols are used. To use that aspect of the writings to self-define everything is playing God. That's the problem in the first place. And obviously God would want to offer a clear message regarding the basic requirements He expects. And He does.

Clearly, all that the Bible claims about Israel which can be verified has actually happened to Israel. Therefore believing they hold a special place in God's plan is easily done.

Do we really want to get into a Noah debate? There are numerous beliefs regarding that, such as his taking DNA samples, the flood being localized and so on. The details do not matter in the question of Salvation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to jimmytantric's comment:

[QUOTE]

I've looked quite widely. I conducted an in-depth study of all major religions and mythologies years ago. I was perhaps an agnostic in those days.

The characteristics of Horus changed significantly over time. It is error to claim the Jewish Messiah was concocted from his myth. That is a simplistic view usually gleaned from internet atheist sites.

It is in the area of prophetic history and science that Judeo-Cristian writings are the most compelling from a intellectual point of view.

What you're saying is referred to as parallelomania.

You must have skipped the classes on Taoism, Buddhism, Hindu, Zen, Shamanism, Sufi mytics, Greek mytholgy,etc?

[/QUOTE]

I have investigated those and more. At a point I dismissed them all, yet could not do so with Christianity, though I was ready and able to do so.

Maybe you will find this interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Be4l2OS1_g

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea.

[/QUOTE]

Rev 12 refers to a sign which appears in heaven. This sign will be seen in the constellation Virgo in Septemeber 2017. It is nowhere to be found before that or in the future. Rev 12 is a mid-trib chapter.

That, and the coming blood moons are discussed rather well here.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh0GqW0Ak3k

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Not to be disrespectful of anyone's beliefs, I would never do that.  I have struggled with what I believe for years, and I'll keep my most recent beliefs to myself.  My brother is visiting from overseas and has with him my 3 nieces.  The middle niece says to me last night, in a private moment after I had a brief discussion with my brother about an incident that happened at a local church:

"Uncle L, they teach us in school that the earth is billions of years old, that the dinosaurs are hundreds of millions of years dead and that our earliest ancestors were similar to chimpanzees.  And then I go to church and they tell me that God created the world, that we are descendants of Adam and Eve,  and that Jesus died two thousand years ago and will come again.  And then the vicar tells us that Christianity is the one true religion, but I go to school with Muslims, Jews and others from different backgrounds and my friends and I talk about how it's hard to know who God is, if he exists, because all of our religions believe they have it right and that everyone else is wrong.  I don't know what to believe."

This is a summary of our conversation.  My niece is obviously a smart 14 year old.  Not wanting to raise other peoples' children, I tell her that it's up to her to take what she learns and believe what seems right to her.  Prophesies and religious beliefs aside, that's what it really comes down to -- you have to reconcile what science tells with what the church tells you and you have to follow what your heart and mind tell you is right.  I am not one to believe in prophesies and the like.  And the conversation I had last night with my niece just underscores why it's hard for some to reconcile religion and science.  

Sorry for the rant.    

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not to be disrespectful of anyone's beliefs, I would never do that.  I have struggled with what I believe for years, and I'll keep my most recent beliefs to myself.  My brother is visiting from overseas and has with him my 3 nieces.  The middle niece says to me last night, in a private moment after I had a brief discussion with my brother about an incident that happened at a local church:

"Uncle L, they teach us in school that the earth is billions of years old, that the dinosaurs are hundreds of millions of years dead and that our earliest ancestors were similar to chimpanzees.  And then I go to church and they tell me that God created the world, that we are descendants of Adam and Eve,  and that Jesus died two thousand years ago and will come again.  And then the vicar tells us that Christianity is the one true religion, but I go to school with Muslims, Jews and others from different backgrounds and my friends and I talk about how it's hard to know who God is, if he exists, because all of our religions believe they have it right and that everyone else is wrong.  I don't know what to believe."

This is a summary of our conversation.  My niece is obviously a smart 14 year old.  Not wanting to raise other peoples' children, I tell her that it's up to her to take what she learns and believe what seems right to her.  Prophesies and religious beliefs aside, that's what it really comes down to -- you have to reconcile what science tells with what the church tells you and you have to follow what your heart and mind tell you is right.  I am not one to believe in prophesies and the like.  And the conversation I had last night with my niece just underscores why it's hard for some to reconcile religion and science.  

Sorry for the rant.    

[/QUOTE]

It isn't that hard to reconcile religion and science.

Dr. Hugh Ross is a very interesting teacher of science/religion. He is an astronomer.

Perhaps you or your niece might find checking out his teachings to be of worth. I suspect the questions she has are perfectly suited for his answers.

He has many talks and debates that can be found on youtube. The website is reasons.org.

(He is not a young earth creationist.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

For any interested in how the Bible amazingly aligns with cosmic science, I recommend viewing this. It is fascinating to an amazing degree and shows Scripture depicted many aspects of our universe that science did not understand until thousands of years later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Be4l2OS1_g

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I already refuted this crap, you fool. Don't even speak to things you are completely ignorant about. Yeah, that means you should never speak.