OT - Prophesy.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: OT - Prophesy.

OT? More like WTHOT. Way The Hell Off Topic

Kind of a weird/inappropriate thread for this forum, Babe, but okay...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to TripleOG's comment:

I have been knee deep in religions from christianity to Islam, to Buddishm. They are all the same with diff. names and faces all over the world.  Just deal in facts and you will never be led astray.

The Hebrew/Christian Scriptures are vastly superior compared to any other religious writings from a number of perspectives. Those you mention are far from the same.

The fact that they were written by a people of bondage instead of the leaders of a people makes them feel different, but the general ideas (virgin birth, resurrection) can be found as early as the earliest of Egyptian theology, with Horus playing the role of Jesus. From Roman augers to Greek Oracles, the center of most religions was driven by who had control of the masses. The Jewish/Christian faith was born from those who had nothing, thus the fact that a messiah (forming a change of control from the powerful to the powerless) was needed to help them reach their potential. This is a huge difference from any other theology, and was born from the facts of their lot in life (bondage).

Not intended to make you disbelieve brother, just something wider to look into.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

I have been knee deep in religions from christianity to Islam, to Buddishm. They are all the same with diff. names and faces all over the world.  Just deal in facts and you will never be led astray.

The Hebrew/Christian Scriptures are vastly superior compared to any other religious writings from a number of perspectives. Those you mention are far from the same.

The fact that they were written by a people of bondage instead of the leaders of a people makes them feel different, but the general ideas (virgin birth, resurrection) can be found as early as the earliest of Egyptian theology, with Horus playing the role of Jesus. From Roman augers to Greek Oracles, the center of most religions was driven by who had control of the masses. The Jewish/Christian faith was born from those who had nothing, thus the fact that a messiah (forming a change of control from the powerful to the powerless) was needed to help them reach their potential. This is a huge difference from any other theology, and was born from the facts of their lot in life (bondage).

I've looked quite widely. I conducted an in-depth study of all major religions and mythologies years ago. I was perhaps an agnostic in those days.

The characteristics of Horus changed significantly over time. It is error to claim the Jewish Messiah was concocted from his myth. That is a simplistic view usually gleaned from internet atheist sites.

It is in the area of prophetic history and science that Judeo-Cristian writings are the most compelling from a intellectual point of view.

What you're saying is referred to as parallelomania.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I doubt many have an interest, but I thought I would take a wild shot.....

Some of you may be aware that Ariel Sharon recently passed away after being in a coma for years (1/11/14).

Rabbi Kaduri was a renowned Jewish kabbalist and scholar who was much loved in his time. He had over 300,000 persons in his funeral procession when he died at the age of 108.

The rabbi had a vision/prophesy in which he had met the Messiah and wrote a note to be opened by his followers a year after his passing regarding that. The note stated in translation, "he will raise the people and confirm that his word and law are standing". The note was written in Hebrew and as an acronym named the Messiah, "Yehoshua" (the Hebrew name we refer to as Jesus.)

The rabbi also prophecized that after the death of Sharon the Messiah would shortly appear to the people of Israel. That would be soon.

Has anybody else heard of this?

Yes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

I've looked quite widely. I conducted an in-depth study of all major religions and mythologies years ago. I was perhaps an agnostic in those days.

The characteristics of Horus changed significantly over time. It is error to claim the Jewish Messiah was concocted from his myth. That is a simplistic view usually gleaned from internet atheist sites.

It is in the area of prophetic history and science that Judeo-Cristian writings are the most compelling from a intellectual point of view.

I did not mean to say Horus was a pre Jesus messiah, my real intent was towards the leaning that a slaved people would almost need a messianic figure to balance out there position in the world. "We will one day be saved" would be necessary, and almost unique in the Jewish case. That Horus shared myth with Jesus is fact, but secondary to my argument.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I did not mean to say Horus was a pre Jesus messiah, my real intent was towards the leaning that a slaved people would almost need a messianic figure to balance out there position in the world. "We will one day be saved" would be necessary, and almost unique in the Jewish case. That Horus shared myth with Jesus is fact, but secondary to my argument.

The claims about Horus being much like the  Jewish Messiah are a composite of a number of Egyptian stories. Claims as to this parallel being so are from the Bill Maher school of atheism. They are nonsense.

But as far as your point about slaves being especially amenable to concocting a savior, the Mashiach was to come from the seed of David, who came after Israel were slaves to Egypt. The Mashiach is also to come at "the End of Days" which is a far departure from alleviating ancient slavery.

Your claim just doesn't add up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Idk but I recall the 3 sisters who had supposedly seen a vision and were told to keep this secret for years and all this but you have to excuse me, I dont dabble with religion after I found truth.

Now im a 2+ 2 guy. I deal with Science, Math, Physics.

The Fatima event most certainly happened, as countless witnesses attest. As far as the prophetic worth of the secrets of the three girls, they turned out to be of little import regarding the big picture.

My point about this rabbi, is that numerous prophesy is falling into place and this is simply another confirmation of the times we are in.

babe EVERY generation of Christians think they are living in the "End Times" and attempt to make Scripture fit into that belief...if I had a buck for every time I heard this I would be rich...I have the feeling we will have this same conversation twenty years from now.

If you are waiting for the "Rapture" put on that old Blondie song you have a better shot : )

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

The claims about Horus being much like the  Jewish Messiah are a composite of a number of Egyptian stories. Claims as to this parallel being so are from the Bill Maher school of atheism. They are nonsense.

But as far as your point about slaves being especially amenable to concocting a savior, the Mashiach was to come from the seed of David, who came after Israel were slaves to Egypt. The Mashiach is also to come at "the End of Days" which is a far departure from alleviating ancient slavery.

At the time, the "end of days" or "salvation" was considered in months, not millenia. They expected salvation in their lifetime.

Gonna have to agree to disagree, since we could go on all night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

At the time, the "end of days" or "salvation" was considered in months, not millenia. They expected salvation in their lifetime.

That doesn't make much sense. The prophesy of the Mashiach spans far far far more than a single lifetime, so it is impossible that they were expecting Him and the End of Days in their own lifetime.

Perhaps you are confusing Israel with the early Christians, many of whom did expect Christ to return in their lifetime.

Sure, we can disagree. No problem.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

Idk but I recall the 3 sisters who had supposedly seen a vision and were told to keep this secret for years and all this but you have to excuse me, I dont dabble with religion after I found truth.

The Fatima event most certainly happened, as countless witnesses attest. As far as the prophetic worth of the secrets of the three girls, they turned out to be of little import regarding the big picture.

My point about this rabbi, is that numerous prophesy is falling into place and this is simply another confirmation of the times we are in.

babe EVERY generation of Christians think they are living in the "End Times" and attempt to make Scripture fit into that belief...if I had a buck for every time I heard this I would be rich...I have the feeling we will have this same conversation twenty years from now.

If you are waiting for the "Rapture" put on that old Blondie song you have a better shot : )

Sure, there have been numerous claims that were not based on Scripture. Obviously they are foolish.

But the actual conditions expressed in Scripture and other prophecies of interest are happening right now. 

This could not have been said at the time of the "millennial bug" or the Jehovah's Witness timeline for example.

I've been around a long time and I have never claimed such may be imminent. But I am now. LOTS of stuff going on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Jesus was a mainstream rabbi of His time, because the whole of Israel was fed up with the Romans.  The word "zealot" refers to a long iron knife called the zeal, which was used by Jews like a shiv to assassinate not a few lone Roman soldiers in dark alleys.  Jesus wasn't a zealot but he loved to plan a good riot against the collaborators.  "This is my father's house, but you have turned it into a den of thieves!" 

Jesus was a prophet but he didn't bet the house on prophesy.   "Do you have prophesy?  That is good also, but there will come a time when prophesy shall fail." 

One of the greatest problems with prophesy is clowns quoting their favorite prophecies and ignoring the rest.  Selective prophesy is the tool of the zealot.

So, maybe this 108 year old rabbi is prophetic, maybe he misses.  What the masses want (and what the National Enquirer wants) is to find out when the Messiah will show up.  What the people actually need is for the poor to be fed, for the rich to care about the widow and the orphan, and for Lazarus at the rich man's gate to get some health care before he dies and goes to Abraham's bosom.  Also, less shrapnel in the air would be useful to the people, but all sorts of neo-Abrahamic zealots are all crying for the other side to go first.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Sure, there have been numerous claims that were not based on Scripture. Obviously they are foolish.

But the actual conditions expressed in Scripture and other prophecies of interest are happening right now. 

This could not have been said at the time of the "millennial bug" or the Jehovah's Witness timeline for example.

I've been around a long time and I have never claimed such may be imminent. But I am now. LOTS of stuff going on.

babe I wasn't even talking about those two...as I said I heard the same things before and I will hear it again if I am around 50 years from now...and I have heard the Bible used every which way to justify every "prophecy" you can name...the "end times" is zealot nonsense and Jesus ain't coming any time soon if ever...you seem to smart to believe such things and worse to believe in such a God as the one found in the Old Testament or the Apochcypha...i hate to say this but one group of people have ruined Christianity: Christians

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

you are correct Jesus's followers believed He would return quickly certainly within their lifetimes

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Jesus was a mainstream rabbi of His time, because the whole of Israel was fed up with the Romans.  The word "zealot" refers to a long iron knife called the zeal, which was used by Jews like a shiv to assassinate not a few lone Roman soldiers in dark alleys.  Jesus wasn't a zealot but he loved to plan a good riot against the collaborators.  "This is my father's house, but you have turned it into a den of thieves!" 

Jesus was a prophet but he didn't bet the house on prophesy.   "Do you have prophesy?  That is good also, but there will come a time when prophesy shall fail." 

One of the greatest problems with prophesy is clowns quoting their favorite prophecies and ignoring the rest.  Selective prophesy is the tool of the zealot.

So, maybe this 108 year old rabbi is prophetic, maybe he misses.  What the masses want (and what the National Enquirer wants) is to find out when the Messiah will show up.  What the people actually need is for the poor to be fed, for the rich to care about the widow and the orphan, and for Lazarus at the rich man's gate to get some health care before he dies and goes to Abraham's bosom.  Also, less shrapnel in the air would be useful to the people, but all sorts of neo-Abrahamic zealots are all crying for the other side to go first.

The point is the rabbi's prophecy is falling in line with numerous others happening - now.

None of this altruistic wish list of yours has ever happened in all of human history. And it won't be as long as men call the shots.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

you are correct Jesus's followers believed He would return quickly certainly within their lifetimes

That would be pertinent if he had been talking about the followers of Jesus. He was speaking of Israel.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

babe I wasn't even talking about those two...as I said I heard the same things before and I will hear it again if I am around 50 years from now...and I have heard the Bible used every which way to justify every "prophecy" you can name...the "end times" is zealot nonsense and Jesus ain't coming any time soon if ever...you seem to smart to believe such things and worse to believe in such a God as the one found in the Old Testament or the Apochcypha...i hate to say this but one group of people have ruined Christianity: Christians

As I just said, I've been around a long time and have never seen prophecy falling into place as it is now. If I had some tendency to wish things like that into my reality, I would have done it before this juncture.

What's your beef with the God of the Old Testament?

No argument, a lot of Christians are anal. But that's because they go by the words of men rather than those of God.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

As I just said, I've been around a long time and have never seen prophecy falling into place as it is now. If I had some tendency to wish things like that into my reality, I would have done it before this juncture.

No argument, a lot of Christians are anal. But that's because they go by the words of men rather than those of God.

believe as is your right babe but the world will still be around 1000 years from now and if it isnt it will be because we f**ked it up, not because Jesus returned to fulfilled some prophecies

The God of the OT was horrible but i believe invented by a people in bondage seeking hope and revenge against their captors

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

believe as is your right babe but the world will still be around 1000 years from now and if it isnt it will be because we f**ked it up, not because Jesus returned to fulfilled some prophecies

The God of the OT was horrible but i believe invented by a people in bondage seeking hope and revenge against their captors

The world will be around at least 1000 years from now as Scripture guarantees.

What was the horrible thing about the God of the OT?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

The Jewish/Christian faith was born from those who had nothing, thus the fact that a messiah (forming a change of control from the powerful to the powerless) was needed to help them reach their potential.

Actually the Pentateuch (first five books) were written by Moses (although their is some disagreement over the possibility that they may have been finished by Joshua) after their slavery ended.  The only books written during slavery were some of the prophetic books, but by that time, prophecies of the messiah were already foretold.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

It wass only a matter of time before Babe's huge ego moved from phony football 'expert' to all powerful religious leader. First he wanted the Pats to build a team according to his hallucinations now he's hallucinating himself as the interpeter of visions.

Coming soon...The Church Of The Holy Babe! All kneel and worship!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to 347pg's comment:

if you are gonna follow jesus which is your choice, atleast get the name right. The letter J was not even in existence at the time.
    We live in America and speak english.  "Jesus" is the accepted English spelling.  I don't speak, hebrew, greek or aramaic and neither do you.

So the name would have been Yesus. You know the name Kanye West uses for himself. This name came about cuz the powers that be wanted the savior to have a recognized name that was easy. The real name was Yashua or Yeshua. Jesus or Yesus was taken from Ye Zues. They took the name Zues who was a greek entity and out Ye, meaning Praise or Hail.

This is why you cant trust anything man put in a book. The bible DOES have lots of truth stories but they arent formatted like a book. Front to back. Its just a bunch of random stories relating to africans who lived in the area at that time.

The Bible is history, not a novel.  If you want formatting, you need to read a novel.  It's a textbook for life that requires study.

Land of Kush, Kemet, Alkebulan(Africa), the Nile, Jeruselam. This is all land that was inhabited by africans. Amerikka will never tell you any truths. Religion is on every corner of the hood because it was designed to control folks and keep them stagnated.

People have drugs to do this.  Jesus sets you free.

Telling you rich men dont make it to heaven while they steal all the precious gold, minerals, diamonds. Pope got more jewels than anyone. Rides in a bentley,etc. Catholic preists...dont get me started. You wanna follow these folks?

Do your research. Educate yourself on REAL history. Not His Story. Religion has always and will continue to be a tool to control people. If you are a good person who knows right from wrong, its not needed. One of the oldest sayings found in dead sea scroll

The Dead Sea Scrolls were written by the Essenes (men!) and some are taken directly from the Old Testament (Part of the Bible).   
    is

"Do Unto Others as you would have them done to you"  Thats all that was needed to keep the peace. Man came in and confused everything with the bible.

Don't agree.  The Bible didn't confuse everything. Man came in with his own understanding and screwed it up.  The problem is men taking it out of context, much like you are doing.  The words must be interpreted to mean what the writer meant (exegesis) and not what the reader wants it to mean (eisegesis).

Handed it to us and stole our land. Said pray while we eat...lol

I believe one day there may be an extinction level event. Outside of that, I know nothing. I deal with truths,

Truths?  What truths?  You just said you know nothing.  How do you know what the truth is?  How do you know that Jesus is not the truth?  If you only know that there will be an extinction level event and nothing else, this would lead me to believe that you are uncertain about the validity of your claims, and that Jesus may be correct all along.

not theories, idealogies, religions,etc.  I have been knee deep in religions from christianity

Ahhh....Christianity requires a full comittment, not just getting your feet wet.

to Islam, to Buddishm. They are all the same with diff. names and faces all over the world.  Just deal in facts and you will never be led astray.

Facts:
    There had to be a beginning.  If not, it would require an infinite amount of time to get where we are.
    Since there was a beginning, something had to be created from nothing (ex nihlo).
    There had to be a creator.

I choose to believe this creator was Jesus Christ, creating everything based on the blueprint the Father supplied Him.

Do what you want bro. I really dont care. I already outlined what I had to say. Its not up for debate. If you believe YOUR way is correct. Great! I dont seek to witness to people . I actually dont care what others do. I only concern myself with My Self.  This is the problem w/religion. Everyone thinks THEIRS is right. Come to MY church so you can be SAVED!  From what exactly?  A saviour comes every 1,000 years. Yashua ben Yusuf was only ONE of them. They are specific to the time they lived in. I dont need Jesus for me to be accountable for MY actions. The people who spread this religion dont even practice it. Good luck in Life bro....

You left out...Please don't forget to place your money in the collection dish

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Shut up, worm. Your worthless blabbering is unwelcome here. Get thee behind me.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Any prophecies relating to the 2014 NFL Draft, other than BB will unload high picks in order to accumulate a bunch of lower ones?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

Any prophecies relating to the 2014 NFL Draft, other than BB will unload high picks in order to accumulate a bunch of lower ones?

The Blood Moon Tetrad which begins April 15th may have profound effect on the NFL draft.

The last one was in 1967-68 and before that 1949-50. There had not been one for some 500 years previously and there will not be another in this century. Those years would coincide with Israel gaining control of Jerusalem and becoming a nation respectively.

Rev 6:12 "I looked when He broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became like blood;"

Sections
Shortcuts