OT - Quoting Other Posters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

OT - Quoting Other Posters

I believe I made one of these threads a while back and got laughed at, but whatever, I'm gonna try this campaign again.

First, go look at the Bruins forum for the most part 95% of their posters edit the quote box and their threads are very clean and easy to read and scroll through. It makes things very easy.

Honestly, I do not mind the constant pissing matches on here I find most of them funny to a point. But these pissing matches absolutely ruin threads when posters do not edit the quote box when going back and forth.

Rusty made a point that he's sticking it to BDC by not editing it, that's really not helpful. They don't care, probably don't check this and never will care. He also said it censored previous posts which is false. If you already replied to a post there is no need to continue and quote it for the next 20 posts, it's pointless we all already read where it was posted and replied to, no need to repeat it.

Legit, all you have to do, is quote the post and highlight the previously quoted posts and backspace to delete them and there, all that's left is the post you are directly replying to and your new post.

It really isn't hard. Laugh at me for caring and what not, but when I try to load this s hit on my phone and these pissing matches are going on it would take me an hour just to scroll through the pages.

It's ridiculous. Maybe if you at least clean up the look of the posts in here, good posters will slowly return because to me, this garbage quoting is more annoying than the arguments themselves.

So my final words to you all: highlight and backspace - that's all it takes... and we could have a great season on here with easy to read threads!!

That's my rant. Please take this into consideration those of you who quote 20 + posts, it'll make this place at least a little better

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: OT - Quoting Other Posters

Agreed...or if someone doesn't want to edit the quote box, then try starting a post with something like "@ Joe..." This way, there's no long quotes and we know who you are talking directly to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

I can't say it enough, but Joe's beef is with the Boston Globe and the trolls. I am not going to edit their stupidity. All of what they say needs to be captured so when they lie or slip up, it's right there for all to see. No one should be scrolling back to to Page 1 on a 7 page thread. It is vital that their unbelievable lies and/or commentary is captured in print within the exchange. I am not going to take it out when it's something pertinent to the exchange at that time. 

I am also not going to edit certain portions that relate to the current exchange to cater your whims. It's so ridiculous when I have nothing to do with the formatting here.  Go to the source. Always go to the source. 

Just put me on ignore if you have such an issue with me, Joe. No one else cares about scrolling down which takes 2 milliseconds.  It's just not important.

PS I just sent your post to the lead editor. They listened to me when I got Borges fired for lifting that Seattle writer's work, maybe they'll realize how embarrassing it is to have formatting on this board that was considered high end in 1999 and finally fix it.

It's not rocket science. Christ, the Taylor Swift messageboard that TCal frequents probably has modern day board formatting, which 99% of boards do.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Whatever Rusty, continue to "fight the man" even though they aren't gonna do a damn thing about it.

This is just a simple things that we could do to make this board just a little better, but to no surprise you want to be difficult.

Seriously, go read a 5 page thread in the Bruins forum and read a 5 page thread here and see which one you like better.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

You can also copy and paste a specific line or lines to your post and then reply to it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I can't say it enough, but Joe's beef is with the Boston Globe and the trolls. I am not going to edit their stupidity. All of what they say needs to be captured so when they lie or slip up, it's right there for all to see. No one should be scrolling back to to Page 1 on a 7 page thread. It is vital that their unbelievable lies and/or commentary is captured in print within the exchange. I am not going to take it out when it's something pertinent to the exchange at that time. 

I am also not going to edit certain portions that relate to the current exchange to cater your whims. It's so ridiculous when I have nothing to do with the formatting here.  Go to the source. Always go to the source. 

Just put me on ignore if you have such an issue with me, Joe. No one else cares about scrolling down which takes 2 milliseconds.  It's just not important.

PS I just sent your post to the lead editor. They listened to me when I got Borges fired for lifting that Seattle writer's work, maybe they'll realize how embarrassing it is to have formatting on this board that was considered high end in 1999 and finally fix it.

It's not rocket science. Christ, the Taylor Swift messageboard that TCal frequents probably has modern day board formatting, which 99% of boards do.

[/QUOTE]

It isn't that big of a deal. It is an absolute pain in the a s s to have to scroll just to read these pissing matches, which you are in the middle of 99.9% of the time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Agree 100%.

It's not hard to do. When I get to the point in a thread where that has taken over, I typically abandon the thread entirely.

It is not fun to look at or read.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I don't think you get it rust, no one cares about the fights you get into. No one is looking back saying...oh! mthurl was right all along! Oh rusty is right! Look at that spelling error and misuse of punctuation!

No one cares. No one is taking sides. All it does is become a distraction for others when they are trying to read a thread. I know this because when I first got here years ago I was one of the people that had to sift through post after post of your fights with someone. Back then it was easier/quicker...now it's harder and longer.

I think the @rusty idea may help things a bit, of course you could just stop arguing with people, but that's never going to happen.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Joe, with all due respect, you're pi$$ing up a rope.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No he is not..  Please direct all complaints of the 1999 board formatting issues to the really intelligent folks at the boston globe and the it department.

Andy dufresne wrote a letter per day from shawshank and he eventually got the funding for a library.

So, anything is possible. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Andy dufresne wrote a letter per day from shawshank and he eventually got the funding for a library.

Real life works just like the movies.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

@pcmIV

...hey, should i quote you or not?  What is the maximum amount of quotes allowed?

Lol

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I believe I made one of these threads a while back and got laughed at, but whatever, I'm gonna try this campaign again.

First, go look at the Bruins forum for the most part 95% of their posters edit the quote box and their threads are very clean and easy to read and scroll through. It makes things very easy.

Honestly, I do not mind the constant pissing matches on here I find most of them funny to a point. But these pissing matches absolutely ruin threads when posters do not edit the quote box when going back and forth.

Rusty made a point that he's sticking it to BDC by not editing it, that's really not helpful. They don't care, probably don't check this and never will care. He also said it censored previous posts which is false. If you already replied to a post there is no need to continue and quote it for the next 20 posts, it's pointless we all already read where it was posted and replied to, no need to repeat it.

Legit, all you have to do, is quote the post and highlight the previously quoted posts and backspace to delete them and there, all that's left is the post you are directly replying to and your new post.

It really isn't hard. Laugh at me for caring and what not, but when I try to load this s hit on my phone and these pissing matches are going on it would take me an hour just to scroll through the pages.

It's ridiculous. Maybe if you at least clean up the look of the posts in here, good posters will slowly return because to me, this garbage quoting is more annoying than the arguments themselves.

So my final words to you all: highlight and backspace - that's all it takes... and we could have a great season on here with easy to read threads!!

That's my rant. Please take this into consideration those of you who quote 20 + posts, it'll make this place at least a little better

[/QUOTE]

The RBB's mere presence on this forum sticks it to them as well as everyone who posts here. No one wants him here and let's him know it but he still thinks that it's other people who are the problem. 

Go look at his posts on the fantasy football or hey TFB its August 1st threads to see just how big a troll and problem this guy is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No he is not..  Please direct all complaints of the 1999 board formatting issues to the really intelligent folks at the boston globe and the it department.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I mean, Bill and Ted went back in time and brought Napoleon to a water park so I guess anything can happen!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SLGDEV. Show SLGDEV's posts

That is all well and good, but the real solution if for the Globe to do something about it.  I am a professional programmer and make a good living at it and have been doing so after I changed careers about 35 years ago.  Here is what needs to happen when making a response:

1. Quoting should be OFF by default

2. The responding post should appear in a new tab (or window for browsers that don't have tabs)

3. If a quoted text is copied from the original and pasted into the response, there should be ZERO additional blank lines inserted (as this stupid version does with the quoted material).

4. When there is quoted material that the responder wants to place into the response, there should also be a button to press that will treat the included material as being quoted and would insert a ">" before any new line whether a deliberate new line or the result of a line wrap.  This button would deactivate after the paste.

5. Clicking "Save" would delete the responding tab or window.

Making these changes is not very hard and this would put including the referenced material into the response clearly where it belongs -- with the responder.

SLGDEV/sheldong/sheldonlg

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

You want the BS to be gone? Get rid of Napoleon....very simple. He is the root of all problems here....PERIOD.

He is the ONLY one arguing about doing some simple deletions to make reading easier.....and people wonder where the problems are here? Who is in the middle of almost every ruined thread here?

This isn't rocket science folks. No Napoleon = a message board that talks about football only without all the childish BS he brings here daily.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Real life works just like the movies.

Walt Disney was rejected by 302 bankers trying to finance his first theme park.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Those 7 pages would only be 2 if people like you would edit their posts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Those 7 pages would only be 2 if people like you would edit their posts.

[/QUOTE]

Technically there would still be 7 pages.   BDC limits each page to 25 posts, regardless of the size of any post.

However, you are correct about the ridiculous amount of content that is downloaded through the interwebs when the replies are massive.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Another thing besides not editing the quote list which is something that I've been guilty of from time to time is to please, please, please, when you begin a new paragraph, I know it's proper to double space.   But when you double space in this forum it leaves a gap a mile wide between paragraphs.  A single space between thoughts and paragraphs is plenty. 

Sections
Shortcuts