2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

Re: OT: Rapist Winston Blocks Burgundy's Debut

blame tfb12, hes a jets fan.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Florida AG was under pressure to let this go so Fla. State could claim a Heisman Winner and a possible National Champion, although there is no way these guys beat Ohio State.

I thought Mass. was a crazy political state, but ever since the "stolen" Bush presidential election, Florida has become, BY FAR, the most rancid political state in the Union. BY FAR....

[/QUOTE]

Ohio St doesn't belong near the title game with their high school schedule and Div 2 conference...Auburn should have leapfrogged them without a second thought...one gives up 41 points to unranked Michigan the other knocks off #1 unbeaten Alabama...joke right there and then the Big 10 is about Div 3 compared to the SEC

FLa St will beat Ohio State by 20 without breaking a sweat...Auburn now has to play #5 Missouri in the SEC title game...who does Ohio State have to play? Auburn is being robbed

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPatsFan12. Show NYPatsFan12's posts

once again, blame tfb12, hes a jets fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The Florida AG was under pressure to let this go so Fla. State could claim a Heisman Winner and a possible National Champion, although there is no way these guys beat Ohio State.

I thought Mass. was a crazy political state, but ever since the "stolen" Bush presidential election, Florida has become, BY FAR, the most rancid political state in the Union. BY FAR....

[/QUOTE]

Ohio St doesn't belong near the title game with their high school schedule and Div 2 conference...Auburn should have leapfrogged them without a second thought...one gives up 41 points to unranked Michigan the other knocks off #1 unbeaten Alabama...joke right there and then the Big 10 is about Div 3 compared to the SEC

FLa St will beat Ohio State by 20 without breaking a sweat...Auburn now has to play #5 Missouri in the SEC title game...who does Ohio State have to play? Auburn is being robbed

[/QUOTE]

Ohio State needs to lose in the worst way this week. They might just do it based on the Michigan game. If Duke beats FSU Cutcliffe is the greatest coach in the history of football.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

its all cute we are talking about CFB. but the real issue is i was actually going to sit down watch the FULL hour of sportscenter w Burgundy on there. now they lost my viewship (although i cant sit through a sportscenter for 15 mins w/o wanting to die). espn blows everything way out of proportion (already known)....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: Agreed!

RESPONSE: No. We are the ones that have been robbed. This dumb, antiquated college football way of determining a National Champion is ridiculous! I know...next year, they'll have a 4 team playoff. It should be eight teams playing off! The playoff games can be played as Bowl games. If they did that, can you imagine the interest in the Bowl games!  What match-ups we would be treated to!! Here's how the top 4 teams would match up:

1.) Florida State v. Alabama;

2.) Ohio State v. Auburn

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ohio State needs to lose in the worst way this week. They might just do it based on the Michigan game. If Duke beats FSU Cutcliffe is the greatest coach in the history of football.

[/QUOTE]

would love to see OSU lose this saturday Bosox!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

RESPONSE: No. We are the ones that have been robbed. This dumb, antiquated college football way of determining a National Champion is ridiculous! I know...next year, they'll have a 4 team playoff. It should be eight teams playing off! The playoff games can be played as Bowl games. If they did that, can you imagine the interest in the Bowl games!  What match-ups we would be treated to!! Here's how the top 4 teams would match up:

2.) Ohio State v. Auburn

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

agreed and well said Tex!

although i dont even put OSU in the top 5...Missouri is superior too

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2.) Ohio State v. Auburn

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. In fact, I see Missouri beating Auburn.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2.) Ohio State v. Auburn

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed. In fact, I see Missouri beating Auburn.

[/QUOTE]

could happen...tough game

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

There really is about a 10 or 20 way tie for most corrupt state.

Its hard to think of one that is not - sort of why i am not a fan of big govenment- the corruption just gets bigger and more insidious.

But i did hear that there were two witnesses that said it was consensual? Kind of hard to take something to trial if you dont feel you can get a conviction. I have no idea about this case, never have seen him play, dont really  care about him , but i also remember the Duke Lacrosse case.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

I'm NOT a Seminole fan, nor a Winston cheer leader. COnsider these as teh final formula for this decision:

1) Remove the tag of "football player" from the discussion.

2) Add a female providing "fuzzy", non-specific information as to what happened that night

3) Add more than 1 man's DNS/semen found during medical testing

4) Add consistent witness testimony by two other guys present.

5) Consider the rush to judgement that ultimately backfired in the Duke lacrosse fiasco.

Result is that this is a case that the AG could not properly prosecute in a court of law. Oh, and put your name in, replacing Winston. Still want to proceed? The AG, however dumb, stupid, and sophmoric his attitude was yesterday, did not want to take the PC Walk on the case. After all, how'd it work out for the DA/prosecution/police in the Duke debacle, in their rush to judgement?

One final thing to consider..... In the Duke lacrosse matter, you needed a score card just to keep track of all those whacko women of influence that came out railing against the accused players,  who were all white. Yet, when it involves a black QB for a national power, not a single peep from any of them.  I wonder why that is?????

Just sayin' ........ 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its hard to think of one that is not - sort of why i am not a fan of big govenment- the corruption just gets bigger and more insidious.

But i did hear that there were two witnesses that said it was consensual? Kind of hard to take something to trial if you dont feel you can get a conviction. I have no idea about this case, never have seen him play, dont really  care about him , but i also remember the Duke Lacrosse case.

[/QUOTE]

the problem is any young woman can say this after consensual sex for whatever reason and there is an immediate reaction against the man , a dark cloud and he may be completely innocent...i still say what i always said: women who file false reports not only make a mockery of those who have actually been raped or/assaulted sexually but they should face charges and prison if they are caught doing so

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

2.) Ohio State v. Auburn

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

As long as we have the human element involved, we'll NEVER be able to determine atrue footall national champion, only if there is a single undefeated team left standing after all the singing and dancing is over. Just look at our own words used to support our own stance: "high school" schedule. "Div 2" conference. "Body of work", as deemed by those talking heads.

Things to consider when determining who the playiof teams are going to be:  1) How many will be allowed to play in the playoffs (Uh, Uh, Uh! And undefeated Fresno St should be elligible. Otherwise we have diminished the "fairness" garbage.)  2) Got a number of teams set? 4? 8? OK, now go tell the #5 and #9 teams "too bad".   3) If you have successfully done that, then seed the teams. Be prepared to tell the #8 team how good it is that they play the #1 team, and why they are #8 and not #7.  4) Go tell a major conference winner (I'm thinking Pac 12) that they don't get a playoff qualifier, but a conference has multiple entries, which will include a non-conference winner.

Over the years we have ben told that we absolutely MUST HAVE a single National Champion. At least in basketball, the field gets whittled down, but only after some teams cry and whine about NOT getting an invite to the dance. In baseball, they have mini regionals, and play down to a single winner in Omaha. Can't do that with football; too few games. And that LSU "champion" with 2 losses was a travesty, I don't care who they lost to. And 'Bama getting to The Game while NOT winning their freaking conference was a total joke too!

My resolution is to restore the major bowls to what they were with conference tie ins. Play the games and let the public debate who should be #1. Seems to be that it's better to listen to folks debating who's team is better, that to listen to incessent crying, whining, and hand wringing about how their team got screwed in the playoff process.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

My Holiday Wish List:

1) Michigan St beats Ohio St for the Big 10 championship

2) Duke beats Florida St for the ACC championship

3) Missouri beats Auburn for the SEC championship

4) Oklahoma beats Oklahoma St in the Big 12

5) Texas beats Baylor

6) Arizona St beats Stanford for the Pac 12 championship.

Any takers on how long it'll take the national media hores to insist that 'Bama with 1 loss NEEDS to be in the consideration of the championship game? My guess is less than 5 minutes after a Missouri win, no matter how the other gams play out.   

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah witnesses that say she was servicing him and she had multiple DNA found on her during a rape test. Yes that absolutely makes Fl corrupt.

As for other cases just remember both Anthony amd Zimmerman both went before a JURY. Both were tried in front of jurors who did not live in the Orlando area but from the Tampa area. So they go to court and the jurors say not guilty and that makes Fl corrupt????

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    Yeah witnesses that say she was servicing him and she had multiple DNA found on her during a rape test. Yes that absolutely makes Fl corrupt.

As for other cases just remember both Anthony amd Zimmerman both went before a JURY. Both were tried in front of jurors who did not live in the Orlando area but from the Tampa area. So they go to court and the jurors say not guilty and that makes Fl corrupt????

[/QUOTE]

I havn't been folowing this matter. But, if the evidence is as described above, no way that this guy should have been charged.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AZPAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm NOT a Seminole fan, nor a Winston cheer leader. COnsider these as teh final formula for this decision:

1) Remove the tag of "football player" from the discussion.

2) Add a female providing "fuzzy", non-specific information as to what happened that night

3) Add more than 1 man's DNS/semen found during medical testing

4) Add consistent witness testimony by two other guys present.

5) Consider the rush to judgement that ultimately backfired in the Duke lacrosse fiasco.

Result is that this is a case that the AG could not properly prosecute in a court of law. Oh, and put your name in, replacing Winston. Still want to proceed? The AG, however dumb, stupid, and sophmoric his attitude was yesterday, did not want to take the PC Walk on the case. After all, how'd it work out for the DA/prosecution/police in the Duke debacle, in their rush to judgement?

One final thing to consider..... In the Duke lacrosse matter, you needed a score card just to keep track of all those whacko women of influence that came out railing against the accused players,  who were all white. Yet, when it involves a black QB for a national power, not a single peep from any of them.  I wonder why that is?????

Just sayin' ........ 

[/QUOTE]

WHo stands around watching others screw? Very odd. I mean, there were times in college where your roomate or yourself would be in there with a girl or whatever, but this "witnesses present" line is beyond fishy.

The whole recent "investigation" just looks like a sell job to the public and posturing over a previously covered up potential rape to protect the star QB. Always follow the money.

WHat was the victim's report to the police over a YEAR ago and why wasn't there an investigation then?

I knew the Duke lacrosse thing was fake when it happened. This one? Not too sure about that.

WHite boy lacrosse kids from NJ going to Duke have a LOT OF MONEY.  This kid at FSU likely does not come from the same background. Maybe he does, but I haven't read about it.

[/QUOTE]

you already know FSU is paying for Jameis' lawyer. ncaa infrsaction there. not gonna stereotype but he is from a small town in Alabama dont think he is rich and his lawyer was highly regarded. fishy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Dead and mell

I do find it kind of ironic , that I as a tea pretty supporter, that I want to give the black Qb the benifit of the doubt, not knowing any of the facts , and you guys are saying it sounds like the AG is a little fishy and even corrupt

I do find that comical

if, and I do mean if, the DA didn't think there was a crime or if he didn't think he could get a conviction, there should be no trial

and no one here knows what happened or even one thing about the girl, for all I know he is guilty of something , but then again not

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

OK, I'm going to take a position on this whole controversy that will entirely unpopular, but here it is: Ron Burgundy is not funny.

In fact, I don't get it at all. Anchorman wasn't a funny movie. Will Ferrell is a talented guy, but this character is just not particularly humorous. He's kind of lame actually.

There, I said it. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts