OT: Rapist Winston Blocks Burgundy's Debut

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: OT: Rapist Winston Blocks Burgundy's Debut

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to Muzwell's comment:

OK, I'm going to take a position on this whole controversy that will entirely unpopular, but here it is: Ron Burgundy is not funny.

In fact, I don't get it at all. Anchorman wasn't a funny movie. Will Ferrell is a talented guy, but this character is just not particularly humorous. He's kind of lame actually.

There, I said it. 

^Interesting. We usually agree but not here. THe character creation, writing, the whole thing was utter genius.

Can you name another comedy that uses the newsroom (Albert Brooks's crap movie from 80s doesn't count) that tackles the 1970s unabashed male chauvinism so well?

I can't.

The one liners go on for days, too.  

I just look at Ferrell's face, hair and stache and start chuckling.  His style is like what Chevy Chase kind of had going earlier in his career.

This is the best news room movie ever made. By the way I think this was Babe before he got sent to the Manor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGiX5tbLKiY

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

OK, I'm going to take a position on this whole controversy that will entirely unpopular, but here it is: Ron Burgundy is not funny.

In fact, I don't get it at all. Anchorman wasn't a funny movie. Will Ferrell is a talented guy, but this character is just not particularly humorous. He's kind of lame actually.

There, I said it. 

+1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

you already know FSU is paying for Jameis' lawyer. ncaa infrsaction there. not gonna stereotype but he is from a small town in Alabama dont think he is rich and his lawyer was highly regarded. fishy

I also question the agent's role in this as well.  Seriously. This is why I don't think college students who play sports should have representation until they declare themselves draft eligible.

I don't see the need for non professional athletes to have agents.

Penn State went to the moon and back to hide Sandusky. It's all about money, ego and power.

It is VERY suspicious that they have DNA evidence of the suspect and refuse to investigate further.  The whole thing was odd. They went from annoucing what stage they were at every step of the way to then staging an awkward press conference to tell us there is no case to be brought?

Why would a girl make up the fact she was raped and still push it a year later? Clearly, she was raped.

Why woudl the police last year not at least look into Winston quite possibly raping the girl? That's odd to me.

SHe goes to the police and they do nothing? Why?

Report: DNA ties Winston to alleged victim Posted by John Taylor on November 21, 2013, 6:06 AM EST

you wanna know what pissed me and alot of other people off? was the absolute joke the press conference after was. like this kid was very close to the end of his career here and there is a VICTIM invovled and sh1t they couldnt care less. pathetic

• This post has been removed.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

I find it amazing how many just want someones head on a rope---were you there? The man is INNOCENT until proven guilty-man some of you would string up anyone just on someones hearsay! I was'nt there and did not witness what happened. I can tell you one thing I have met  many INSANE females that are OFF the charts--not saying he did it or did'nt, but we cannot jump to conclusions of guilty without proof--come on Man!!!! White boy from Boston--Brookline and Middleboro to be specific

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

There, I said it. 

I Agree 100%

• You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

There, I said it. 

Dammit Muz.  And I thought I liked you

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

In response to AZPAT's comment:

I'm NOT a Seminole fan, nor a Winston cheer leader. COnsider these as teh final formula for this decision:

1) Remove the tag of "football player" from the discussion.

2) Add a female providing "fuzzy", non-specific information as to what happened that night

3) Add more than 1 man's DNS/semen found during medical testing

4) Add consistent witness testimony by two other guys present.

5) Consider the rush to judgement that ultimately backfired in the Duke lacrosse fiasco.

Result is that this is a case that the AG could not properly prosecute in a court of law. Oh, and put your name in, replacing Winston. Still want to proceed? The AG, however dumb, stupid, and sophmoric his attitude was yesterday, did not want to take the PC Walk on the case. After all, how'd it work out for the DA/prosecution/police in the Duke debacle, in their rush to judgement?

One final thing to consider..... In the Duke lacrosse matter, you needed a score card just to keep track of all those whacko women of influence that came out railing against the accused players,  who were all white. Yet, when it involves a black QB for a national power, not a single peep from any of them.  I wonder why that is?????

Just sayin' ........ 

WHo stands around watching others screw? Very odd. I mean, there were times in college where your roomate or yourself would be in there with a girl or whatever, but this "witnesses present" line is beyond fishy.

The whole recent "investigation" just looks like a sell job to the public and posturing over a previously covered up potential rape to protect the star QB. Always follow the money.

WHat was the victim's report to the police over a YEAR ago and why wasn't there an investigation then?

I knew the Duke lacrosse thing was fake when it happened. This one? Not too sure about that.

WHite boy lacrosse kids from NJ going to Duke have a LOT OF MONEY.  This kid at FSU likely does not come from the same background. Maybe he does, but I haven't read about it.

you already know FSU is paying for Jameis' lawyer. ncaa infrsaction there. not gonna stereotype but he is from a small town in Alabama dont think he is rich and his lawyer was highly regarded. fishy

Joepatsfan you laid it out perfectly - excellent scribe...  I live in FL and an ardent FSU fan.  Some of my thoughts as follows...  Of course FSU propped up Jameis and footed all cost.  FSU is a billion dollar business and regardless of who was the accused I would expect FSU to come to the rescue.  Actually, it wouldn't surprise me to know that FSU was the prevailing force behind the "no charge" "decision"...  If this was big corporate America wouldn't the process more than likely follow the same course if the accused were a wheel and not a spoke.  Let's stay on real world side of things - money is everything in America!

"Who stands around while someone screws?"  College kids do all the time because more than likely they are either toasted on alcohol, drugs or both.  In Florida, college sports especially football is supreme and higher on the totem pole than pro sports.  Star football players like Winston attract a myriad of followers and in many cases questionable followers. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:

In response to JimfromFlorida's comment:

In response to seawolfxs' comment:

There really is about a 10 or 20 way tie for most corrupt state.

Its hard to think of one that is not - sort of why i am not a fan of big govenment- the corruption just gets bigger and more insidious.

But i did hear that there were two witnesses that said it was consensual? Kind of hard to take something to trial if you dont feel you can get a conviction. I have no idea about this case, never have seen him play, dont really  care about him , but i also remember the Duke Lacrosse case.

Yeah witnesses that say she was servicing him and she had multiple DNA found on her during a rape test. Yes that absolutely makes Fl corrupt.

As for other cases just remember both Anthony amd Zimmerman both went before a JURY. Both were tried in front of jurors who did not live in the Orlando area but from the Tampa area. So they go to court and the jurors say not guilty and that makes Fl corrupt????

NO...that screwball Governor and well known attempts to limit the voting rights of it's non-republican citizens makes it cprrupt.....among other things...it's a sinkhole of a state....putrid...long live So. Fla.  

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Only in some f***** up ignorant world is requiring people to prove they're citizens to vote considered a crazy idea.  The democrats continue to show their blatant racism by assuming that minorities are too stupid to have identification. Obviously the real reason they don't want proof of citizenship for voters is that they want people who are not citizens to vote and they assume they will vote democrat.  The entire party line has become about offering free stuff to people even if they're not citizens.  Sound strategy for getting votes, but like California- a great strategy for tanking the economy. 

• Sections
    Shortcuts