OT Summer - Best Clam Shack?!?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

OT Summer - Best Clam Shack?!?

Totally OT, but bear with me, it's summer. Anyone who's lived anywhere near the coast knows the best Clam Shack debates can get dirty, sometimes even dividing families.

But I thought an informal poll plus a link to the Globe's own pole would be a fun diversion for the forum. I'm a north shore kid, who also lived in RI, my vote went to Woodman's first, and I plan on carrying it through till the end, with other votes cast for Kelly's, the Clambox in Ipswich, and Aunt Carries and the Beach Plum. 

http://www.boston.com/travel/explorene/specials/summer/special/clam_shack_bracket/

Care to relate your favorite or best experience? Trash talking is welcome if it's about clam shacks ... and not focused on Woodman's because after them, the rest of the shacks can do what I do when I go to Woodman's .... get ... in ... line. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Re: OT Summer - Best Clam Shack?!?

Trying to help you out here Z.

With all the wall-to-wall TT coverage your thread is likely to get buried.  Almost like a clam.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Big yes on Woodman's...clams, scallops...the best

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I usually go and dig them myself but the Bagaduce Lunch is very good and in my hometown Crosby's is good too.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Markey's Fish Pool in Seabrook N.H.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Aunt Carries and it is only for my parents who dragged me there every single weekend of every summer when I was a lad. Of course in typical RI fashion I made sure my 2 little girls were indoctrinated in the ritual.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Flo's Clam Shark in Newport at 1st beach is great  . . . Quito's on the bay in Bristol, RI (best calamari) . . .  Aunt Carrie in Narragansett and Chelo's makes the best clam cakes.  If you like BIG fried clams try the Red Wing right near the Pats Stadium on Rt 1 in Walpole  .  .  . for the BEST Scallops at any price go to the Tower Tavern on Route 1 in Plainville and have their scallop oscar dinner or their fried scallops!

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

#1 has to be the ClamBox in Ipswich   ...c'mon you are eating in a clam box!

#2 Liams at Nausett  Beach

how long before the Batter vs Breaded argument comes up?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

id say red wing on rt 1 !  near foxboro stadium and get their fishermans platter!  its good!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Sandy's in Buzzards Bay - biggest portions of sea food you will ever get. You cant finish the whole thing in one sitting - and definitely will bring ome leftovers...Only place I know that serves WHOLE sea scallops - not cut into pieces like everywhere else.

"Cancel those reservations!" Willie McGinest, Heinz field  Jan 27,2002 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

Who wouldve knew that a thread about the best clam shack would have a bunch of posts removed? Some people must really love their seafood...sheeeesh

oh those double entendres will get you every time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

Markey's Fish Pool in Seabrook N.H.

or browns, my uncle lives less than a mile from them both, but for clams we go to the clam box....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from isurfvb24. Show isurfvb24's posts

In response to mgraham's comment:

#1 has to be the ClamBox in Ipswich   ...c'mon you are eating in a clam box!

#2 Liams at Nausett  Beach

how long before the Batter vs Breaded argument comes up?

yup the clambox is our family favorite place to go. have waited hours in the summer to get some. anything from that place is pretty good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

I like Kellys, but my foavorite is Newicks in NH.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree with Z...Woodmans is top of my list. 

one that doesn't get much attention, but one of ny personal favorites is Belle Isle in east boston. On the bridge coming from Winthrop. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Best Halibut place?

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Kellys is The Sh*t, but Cant get there often. I go to Mcmenemy's cuz its close. They used to have 3, but only one now and its in Brockton!, but the food is worth it...

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Couple of entries if I may:

Sea Swirl in Mystic, CT

and from a restaurant perspective:

Skipper's Dock in Stonington

Lindsey's in East Wareham

Back in the day (and I do mean way back long before there were outlets there) the best clams I've ever had from a clam shack was from Johnson's on Route 1 in Kittery, ME.  But that was then and this is now.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts