OT: Thanks to those that served

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

OT: Thanks to those that served

Most of us will be enjoying this Monday off. I hope everyone takes just a minute to understand why. Today we honor those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. My son will be leaving in October and I wondered why. I wanted to join because I was pissed at Iran for taking our people. But my son had xbox, cool car, decent job, and a beautiful girlfriend. Why Army infantry, why now? He said Dad, I don't want you, grandpa and Pappy to foot the bill. So.... my kid wants to jump out of perfectly good airplanes. Thanks to my son Danny, and thanks to all who have served. Remember them tomorrow, when enjoying your beer and BBQ.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

Re: OT: Thanks to those that served

In Response to OT: Thanks to those that served:
    Most of us will be enjoying this Monday off. I hope everyone takes just a minute to understand why. Today we honor those who paid the ultimate price for our freedom. My son will be leaving in October and I wondered why. I wanted to join because I was pissed at Iran for taking our people. But my son had xbox, cool car, decent job, and a beautiful girlfriend. Why Army infantry, why now? He said Dad, I don't want you, grandpa and Pappy to foot the bill. So.... my kid wants to jump out of perfectly good airplanes. Thanks to my son Danny, and thanks to all who have served. Remember them tomorrow, when enjoying your beer and BBQ.
    Posted by BigPapi61

As one who has served I salute you and your family and may your son remain safe . . . but as an Air Force pilot I've always wondered why anyone jumps out of a perfectly good plane!.    Surprised

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

Thanks to all who have paid the altimate price, and thanks to every man and woman who have served this great country.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Clay73. Show Clay73's posts

Freedom is never Free.  A deepest thanks to all who made us free and all who keep us free.  To all genders and nationalities who have put themselves in harm's way to maintain our Freedom - Thank You.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The Soldier

It is the soldier,not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press.
    It is the soldier,not the poet,who has given us freedom of speech.
    It is the soldier,not the campus organizer,who has given us the freedom to demonstrate.
    It is the soldier,not the lawyer,who given us the right to a fair trial.
    It is the soldier,who salutes the flag,who serves under the flag,whose coffin is draped over by the flag,that allows the protestors to burn the flag!

I did not pen these words,as they were written by Father Dennis Edward O'Brien,USMC....God Bless all who have served this great nation...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Monday is memorial day.
       It is a time for us to remember those who died while in the service or who died from their wounds both physical and mental.

Veterans day is for those us who served and survived.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

In Response to Re: OT: Thanks to those that served:
      Monday is memorial day.    It is a time for us to remember those who died while in the service or who died from their wounds both physical and mental.   Veterans day is for those us who served and survived.  
    Posted by Mungomunro

I personally am happy to see that you mentioned the MENTAL wounds as well as the physical. As someone that served 6 years in the Army I can tell you that when a soldier is killed it is very tragic, but we get to mourn their loss and hopefully move onward. The mental wounds are a total horrible story. I have friends that not only have it very difficult to live day to day with mental disorders but most times the public either mock them or stay clear of them (not knowing what has happened). With all respect for all who enter the service , I pray for you and wish you much love and thanks, for our Government officials that use our soilders in bogus wars and lieing schemes I pray you all rot in hell for the pain you cause these innocent childern and families.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The key to treating combat stress related metal injury is to get treatment as early as possible.

Sadly this country has been derelict in it's duty to proved effective care for physiological injuries.

Things are getting better but we still have a long way to go.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Good to see people thinking and acknowledging what this day off work is all about.

I see some of the wreckage of the good fights we've fought on every visit I make to the Veteran's hospital, which I've done twice a month since 1970. If you could see the physical condition of some of these guys, from WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq; I sometimes think that maybe the KIAs were the lucky ones.

But, I've spoken to hundreds of them over the years and I've never met one who wasn't proud of his service and his country, as I am.

God bless America.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Posted by BigPapi61

Amen, Papi!! You have every right to be proud of your son. I'd like to thank him, and all the other brave men and women in uniform!!  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

Posted by BigPapi61

Best post of the year! To all veterans, Past, Present, and Future, Thank you and God Bless!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I would like to acknowledge the tremendous sacrifice that our soldiers made for our great country.  I am forever thankful for the rights that these brave men and women protect, and I applaud their ability to put their country before themselves.  Good luck to your son Papi, I sure hope he comes home safely.

God Bless America!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

As a 82nd airborne vet with 44 jumps under my belt, I say, God Bless those who laid their life down.

WATCH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZqfN_XzKg4

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from thejoshuatree28. Show thejoshuatree28's posts

As a 82nd airborne vet with 44 jumps under my belt, I say, God Bless those who laid their life down. WATCH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZqfN_XzKg4
    Posted by jbolted

Nice video, here is another good one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4JieM0zYMI

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapi61. Show BigPapi61's posts

As a 82nd airborne vet with 44 jumps under my belt, I say, God Bless those who laid their life down. WATCH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZqfN_XzKg4
    Posted by jbolted

That is awesome Bolt, My kid thinks he might be 101st , I know 82nd and 101are fast friends lol.... Thank you Bolt. I know this day is for those who died in service to their country but I didn't want to wait until Veteran's day to thank our soldiers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

As a former tanker I would also like to extend my thanks to all those past, present, and future who serve.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmassgreg. Show wmassgreg's posts

Posted by BigPapi61

papi61,  tell your son thank you for what he is about to do. it is rare veterens and present soldiers donot hear it enough. i am also prepairing myself to join the army infantry so i know and understand his selflessness and courage. not many people in this country share those qualities any more. so a big thank you to all veterens, present soldiersand future soldiers!!! AMERICA THANKS YOU!!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts